PDA

View Full Version : I just got my Salacious Crumb Creature Pack

Tycho
01-09-2007, 04:03 PM
I like it. I hope I wasn't charged much more than $30 for this, as I'm not even sure it's worth all that.

However, the artisanry is superb. The only articulation is Salacious' arms can go up and down. His legs look like they might be articulated, but they're not. The Wol Cabosh11te's tongue is a felxible, poseable gummy material, as well. That is his species, the box states his name but is in the other room for the moment. Worrt is cool and as I ordered the "Inclusive Edition," (and I'm not sure what that means) I got two smaller creatures with the set - a crawler thing with wings, and something slightly larger, though I'm not sure how to describe it. Both are around fingernail size, the larger 3 characters are about fist-size. They're all in good scale to 12" figures though. Oh, and the set comes with a pillow with someone's butt print in it (Leia's? Oola's? Salacious'?)
The pillow is a hard mold - we're not talking about a soft "pincushion."

I'm just keeping Salacious out right now, as I will wait until my throne dias arrives to set it all up (and the big guy of course).

But my display won't be SideShow exclusively as I don't really repeat purchases of things I already own just for slight improvements:

Sideshow: Jabba
SideShow: Throne
SideShow: Worrt, Salacious, Wol Cabosh11te, little creatures
Hasbro: Bib Fortuna
Hasbro: Boba Fett (ok - that's sort of unfortunate)
Hasbro: Gamorrean Guard
Hasbro: Lando Calrissian (Skiff Disguise)
Hasbro: Leia (Boussh exposed - her helmet in her hand - can't do that with SS's)
Hasbro: Chewbacca in Chains (furry dust-mop style - also unfortunately)
Hasbro: Luke Jedi Knight with Jedi robe (FAO 2-pack that came with Bib above)
Hasbro: Carbonite Block of Han Solo (Target Exclusive)

Wol Cabosh11te has a magnet on his back to wall-hang him, but I'm really uncertain where to set this up near a metallic surface.

The throne dias is so large, my original intention was to hope it can stay confined to my left on this very computer desk I'm typing at. The rest of my 12" Jabba stuff I mentioned are already hanging out in this place. I just hope they will fit surrounding the throne dias when it arrives.

But we'll see. It will be one of the few set-ups that I have here at my new place that is not currently in storage.

Blue2th
01-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Dang, you guys on the west coast get your SS stuff quick. I just got the processing notice on the 4th, but no shipping notice yet for S. Crumb. I have all of those Hasbro 12' figs you have except the FAO 2-pack, but just got the SS Bib recently and Luke of course. I haven't even begun to think about how to display all this yet. Did you see the Bubo (Jabba's watchdog) creature pack? Gotta get that too.

Bosskman
01-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Sideshow sent me an e-mail saying Bib Fortuna and the Crumb will ship together.

Slicker
01-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Wol Cabosh11te has a magnet on his back to wall-hang him, but I'm really uncertain where to set this up near a metallic surface.They do sell magentic tape, Tycho. So you would simply have to place a piece of it on a flat surface and them attach Wol Cabo****e to it.

Tycho
01-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Cool info on the magnetic tape, Slicker. Thank you. I'll look into that!

One of my best friends and collecting buddies lives here in California, not 20 minutes away from me. We ordered all the Jabba stuff from SideShow at their booth at Comic Con at the same time. He said the UPS truck passed his house with nothing for him today. I assume he'll get it tomorrow or if not, this week though.

Blue2th, you no doubt got a better Luke and Bib Fortuna than I did, considering SideShow's quality is above and beyond Hasbro's (though most of us can still complain - read: Bespin Han Solo).

By the way Blue2th, if you have a 12 FOOT Leia Boussh, do you use a ladder to put her helmet on? ;)

Bosskman, I think you're saving money there on shipping, yeah? Hope so. That would be nice I'm sure.

And Blue2th: I saw the picture of Bubo, but I have no knowledge or photos of any other creatures or accessories that come with him, nor do I know when they'll make that creature pack available for pre-order. I had a scary thought though: maybe they pack in a magnetic TaunTaun head to hang on the wall? In all honesty, I'm not sure that would be cool. It's not a character.

Slicker
01-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Cool info on the magnetic tape, Slicker. Thank you. I'll look into that!
Not a problem.

I saw it about a week ago actually. It's in the aisle with the duct tape and such. It's just a basic 2-sided tape with one side being sticky and the other being magnetic.

Bosskman
01-10-2007, 05:26 AM
Yeah, they said that they were combining orders to save on shipping. I think the maitimes is about as far away from California as you can get in North America (besides Newfoundland) so that's a good thing.

As for Bubo, I think he SHOULD be big enough to pack on his own with maybe a few small accesories (I'm thinking Jabba's hoover here, and that bomb piece from TFJP that he ate as the exclusive)

BTW Tycho, this magnetic Tauntaun head you speak of intrigues me......

Tycho
01-10-2007, 07:48 AM
Well, on Hoth the Rebels knew it was cold, so they didn't really have any thermometers that could measure it being THAT cold, so they threw out the ones they had anyway because 21-B said they weren't working anyway.

The TaunTauns in the wild found these thermometers and ate them. (Food is scarce on Hoth). As a result, the TaunTauns consumed all that mercury and became magnetic. This explains Major Derlin's strange attraction to them, too - such as why they always found him late at night in the TaunTaun stalls.

If Hoth was cold, Jabba thought Tatooine was hot. So he funded an expedition there to kill a TaunTaun and drain its mercury-laden blood to make a giant thermometer for his palace. Since Han was frozen, Jabba figured hanging him on the wall might cool the place down - like putting an ice cube in a drink. The TaunTaun head was mounted on the wall near Han to see if the Hutt's grand idea was working. ;)

How's my EU story? I think I at least give Barbara Hambly a run for her money. LOL

Meanwhile, the charge to my account for the Salacious Crumb Creature Pack was $41.50. I assume about $10 was s&h. Overall, the price is too high for what you get. Consider this: a fully clothed, accessorized, and articulated SideShow figure runs aaprox. $66 after tax, s&h.

You can sniff Salacious though, but the smell is fading to its half-strength already and it's been less than 24 hours since I freed him from his packaging.

Blue2th
01-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Finally received my S. Crumb today. It's a miracle he's not damaged. (with not much protection for the inner box) Somehow I thought he would be bigger. Maybe it's the recent pics I've seen lately. I'm kinda marginal on thinking he's worth the 41.50, but I suppose the upcoming Jabba wouldn't be complete without him, and we do get what, an extra Denizen in the "inclusive" deal? :ninja: ........BTW, Tycho, great EU story, works for me, and if I had a 12 ft. Leia Boush, I'd ladder in the morning, and ladder in the evening. :yes:

AmanaMatt
01-12-2007, 08:22 PM
I received my inclusive edition set, and it arrived Mint, shockingly enough. These will look fantastic next to Jabba. The paint detail is what blew me away!

jonthejedi
01-13-2007, 04:49 AM
Mine showed up as well, in near mint condition(shock). Haven't opened yet as I'm waiting for dais & Jabba himself.:thumbsup:

Jaff
01-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Got mine today too. I'm screaming with glee. Woort looks like a statue, just as Wol, but I love Sal. I haven't opened any of my complete Sideshow items, but this creature pack is starting an itch in me.

Bosskman
01-19-2007, 04:44 AM
Just got the Crumb & Company yesterday along with Bib Fortuna. They are all awesome figures. Ghoel's magnet is super strong by the way.

Tycho
01-19-2007, 05:59 AM
Ghoel's magnet is super strong by the way.

Of course, he's Wall Cabinet Shyt. He must hang in there!