PDA

View Full Version : Larger E2 Collection 2 Images (Front and Back)

Beast
02-02-2002, 08:00 PM
Recently better images were linked to in the forums, and I thought I would post them here, to make it more convinent for all of you to locate, instead of having to search thru threads for them. Please don't post any replies until I have them all up. Thanks everyone for not posting anything while I uploaded. Thanks to Chip Cataldo for posting them at http://home.twcny.rr.com/rael/aotc.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid Card Front:

Beast
02-02-2002, 08:01 PM
Battle Droid Card Back:

Beast
02-02-2002, 08:03 PM
Boba Fett card Front:

Beast
02-02-2002, 08:05 PM
Boba fett Card Back:

Beast
02-02-2002, 08:07 PM
Captain Typho Card Front:

Beast
02-02-2002, 08:09 PM
Captain Typho Card Back:

Beast
02-02-2002, 08:11 PM
Plo Koon Card Front:

Beast
02-02-2002, 08:13 PM
Plo Koon Card Back:

Beast
02-02-2002, 08:15 PM
Shaak Ti Card Front:

Beast
02-02-2002, 08:17 PM
Shaak Ti Card Back:

Beast
02-02-2002, 08:18 PM
Tusken Raider (Mom) Front:

Beast
02-02-2002, 08:20 PM
Tusken Raider (Mom) Back:

SirSteve
02-02-2002, 08:21 PM
These are the ones taken from Noble Toys directory which they didn't hide very well...

Unit-01
02-02-2002, 08:31 PM
Hey Steve, what happened to the ones on your site. Did you have to take them down? When can we expect them back up? You had AWESOME closup detailed shots. Helped me decide more which ones I would get.

SirSteve
02-02-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Unit-01
Hey Steve, what happened to the ones on your site. Did you have to take them down? When can we expect them back up? You had AWESOME closup detailed shots. Helped me decide more which ones I would get.

They will be back soon...

Beast
02-02-2002, 09:21 PM
Seeing good close up images of collection 1 and collection 2 has really gotten me geared up to purchase these. I can't wait for April now. :D Looks like there will only be 8 Collection 1, 6 Collection 2, and 2 Deluxe figure avaliable on release day.

That's not to bad, alot better then the E1 figure releases, where we had 8 Collection 1 (plus 3 variant Battle Droids), 5 Collection 2, and 5 Collection 3 figures. As well as 3 deluxe figures.

I assume that May will see the second wave of Collection 1 and 2 figures, as well as the "Darth Tyranus" and "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Deluxe figures. Since those haven't popped up on Ebay, I don't think they will be part of the original offerings.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-02-2002, 09:55 PM
It's still february. There are four weeks left of this month in which to showcase the figures. Anything can happen especially with Toyfair this month. SirSteve has said time and time again to be patient because he will supplt the freshest goodies once he's got his camera at toyfair. these sneaky non legit pics are great for showing us what the figs look like packaged but SirSteve will do his best to bring us loose shots that are finest gold i feel sure.

I'm also sure that we'll be seeing four more basic figures show up very soon too. As well as the other deluxe figures. I'd bet my entire collection on something showing up this next week. :Pirate: :evil: :cool:

Paul-Kenobi
02-02-2002, 10:10 PM
Do you think thall be a Wave 3 4 5 6 ? for AOTC toys ?

( just wanna be sure so i dont freek out when i here thats all theres gona be!)

Beast
02-02-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
Do you think thall be a Wave 3 4 5 6 ? for AOTC toys ?
( just wanna be sure so i dont freek out when i here thats all theres gona be!)

Of course there will be, right now we have seen Colection 1: Wave 1 and Colection 2: Wave 1. Any new figures released will be the next wave. I expect that we'll see Wave 2 of collection 1 and 2 about the same time Episode II opens in theaters. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-03-2002, 12:31 AM
Captain Typho - Padme's head of Security.

Nice to know the Naboo forces exchanged those cool costumes from Episode 1 for orange jumpuits and trash bag tunics. :D

LTBasker
02-03-2002, 12:44 AM
Shaak Ti - Highlight of this figure is the removable "blaster reflect attachment"

Plo Koon - Highlight of this figure is the removeable force thing which actually looks like a translucent teepee frame. His body parts seem to look like they're poorly connected to other parts. Like his torso to his waist.

Captain Typho - Well at least this figure features a removeable helmet to go with the "firing blaster" attachment thing.

Tusken Mom w/ Child - Highlight is removeable baby.

Battle Droid - Not bad, I just hope he can hold that pose when out of the package. They really should've released this type of Battle Droid figure in '99.

Boba Fett - Well the head doesn't look like Logan and what's with the useless Jango helmet? Doesn't even look like it'd go on his head.

Not very exciting figures...
:frus:

Beast
02-03-2002, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Shaak Ti - Highlight of this figure is the removable "blaster reflect attachment"

Well, her outfit is pretty cool as well, IMHO. I like the stance on her, and seeing the back of the card makes me want her even more. I like the reflected laser blast, hopefully they keep those for future OT figures. Can we say, Luke: Endor :)

Plo Koon - Highlight of this figure is the removeable force thing which actually looks like a translucent teepee frame. His body parts seem to look like they're poorly connected to other parts. Like his torso to his waist.

It looks pretty cool, I probably won't keep the force action attached to him unless it actually shows up like that in the movie. Like someone in another thread said, in his Force File he can freeze moisture in the air into ice and use it as weapons. :D

Captain Typho - Well at least this figure features a removeable helmet to go with the "firing blaster" attachment thing.

Looks pretty cool. Just a basic human figure (i.e. pegwarmer) just like Ric Olie and others. About your earlier trash bag comment, it doesnt look that bad. My least favorite of the six figures. :)

Tusken Mom w/ Child - Highlight is removeable baby.

Not to mention the cool looking poncho with papoose to carry her baby. Looks like the poncho may be removable as well. I sure hope so. The child is cool as well, nice to see more about the Tuskens. I wonder if any of the children survive and is the one that attacks Luke in the OT.

Battle Droid - Not bad, I just hope he can hold that pose when out of the package. They really should've released this type of Battle Droid figure in '99.

Yep, best looking basic battle droid ever. A definate improvment over the original E1 battle droid. Heck, it looks to be even an improvment over the Boomer Damage Battle Droid. I hope a Command Droid appears in EII, so we can get a decent OOM-9 sculpt. :)

Boba Fett - Well the head doesn't look like Logan and what's with the useless Jango helmet? Doesn't even look like it'd go on his head.

Yeah, he seems a bit lacking facial wise to Boba Fett in the movie. But he still looks pretty good, sculpting wise. The poncho looks ok on him, but I will probably primarily display him with out it. As for the helmet...it may not be meant to go on his head. Maybe Boba picks up more then his daddy's guns and rocket pack after the battle. If you get my meaning. ;)

Not very exciting figures... :frus:

Guess that like most Star Wars fans, we can agree to disagree about the figures. I think they are great. Infact I like them better then the original first assortments (Collection 1,2, and 3) in the E1 toy line.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-04-2002, 02:48 AM
Ok, we've all had plenty of time to look these images over, so whats everyone think is the best of the Collection 2 figures? I think I would have to say that from best to worst it would have to be:

1. Battle Droid (Arena Battle)
2. Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)
3. Boba Fett (Kamino Escape)
4. Tusken Raider Mom
5. Plo Koon (Arena Battle)
6. Captain Typho

What's everyone else think? I would love to hear in what order you place them. But this is what I think of them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-04-2002, 03:02 AM
1. R3-T7 (Even though he's a "preview" figure isn't he also gonna be on blue packaging with the first figs?)
2. Regular Battle Droid
3. Boba Fett (removeable helmet)
4. 3PO (I love droids plus this is a good way to junk up your junkyard or whatever diorama. :D)
5. Super Battle Droid
6. Captain Typho (Well at least he's got a removeable helmet too...)
7+. All the rest

Bosskman
02-04-2002, 09:34 AM
These figures all look awesome!! I'm beginning to like action poses now as long as they're not too out there (Padme, for example, looks kinda out there) but these figures seem to be just right. Not too static, not unrealistic (like some of the earlier poses such as the entire first wave of 95, Hoth Rebel soldier) I plan on displaying them loose with other characters from the scenes they were in as I do now with my other figures and it looks like my arena scene from AOTC is gonna be sweet!

mark2d2
02-04-2002, 02:05 PM
The details on the Female Tuskin -- especially the fake metal work are spectacular. This is the figure out of these that I think has turned out the best. Truly a work of Art.

lapork
02-04-2002, 02:26 PM
I can't wait for another opportunity to plunk down hundred$$$$ and fill up Ha$bro'$ and Luca$' already deep pocket$$$$...yeah baby!

evenflow
02-04-2002, 05:45 PM
Great work on the pics. I think the Tusken child & mother look awesome.

Beast
02-04-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
Great work on the pics. I think the Tusken child & mother look awesome.

I agree. The poncho that the Tusken mother is wearing looks to be a seperate piece. I wonder if it will be removable. I hope so, that would be pretty cool. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedibear
02-05-2002, 01:54 AM
GREAT PICS...thanks, Jar Jar!

It's looking like the same sculpting team from POTJ is around for AOTC. I'm sold now.
The Tuskan Mother & child look REAL good. Shaak Ti & Plo Koon look fantastic...in fact the Plo looks much better than his static POTJ version.
I'm liking the fact that the blades are removable from the sabers (and most likely like the recently released Eeth Koth, attachable to the jedi's waist). The detailing is staying first rate.

I can't wait to see the 360 views that SirSteve will hopefully snag at ToyFare...

It's gonna be a long couple of months....

Beast
02-05-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by jedibear
GREAT PICS...thanks, Jar Jar!
It's looking like the same sculpting team from POTJ is around for AOTC. I'm sold now. The Tuskan Mother & child look REAL good. Shaak Ti & Plo Koon look fantastic...in fact the Plo looks much better than his static POTJ version.
I'm liking the fact that the blades are removable from the sabers (and most likely like the recently released Eeth Koth, attachable to the jedi's waist). The detailing is staying first rate.
I can't wait to see the 360 views that SirSteve will hopefully snag at ToyFare...It's gonna be a long couple of months....

Thanks, just doing my part to keep my fellow Star Wars fans informed on whats coming. :) I like all the figures myself, as I've said except for the Collection 1 C-3PO. The "naked" skeletal C-3PO seems tan instead of black/metal. But 10 years with no plating, maybe he is sand caked.

Yep, though they are trying somthing new with the dynamic sculpting, you can definatly tell that it's the same team. I love all the figures in collection 2, my least favorite being Capt. Typho.

Nice to see someone agrees with me that the dynamic posed Jedi's look great. Since E2 we will mostly see them in action, I don't mind seeing a more action looking action figure. :)

I even liked Eeth Koth, he may not look quite right standing there with the other council member figures we got for E1. But he will look damn good next to Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti, and Plo Koon. :) I agree, I hope the lightsabers will be attachable to their belts, though it's hard to see from the shots we have.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-08-2002, 10:12 PM
Just knocking these back up to the top, until after we get official pics from ToyFair. :) Thanks for everyone that responded thanking me for me posting these images. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-09-2002, 01:27 AM
So this time we get to say "You're welcome"? :D

Beast
02-09-2002, 01:38 AM
So this time we get to say "You're welcome"? :D

Sure, whatever keeps this on the front page until Sir Steve can post the official images from Toy Fair. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks