PDA

View Full Version : NECA's line for Harry Potter!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Alright, finally, after much delay and anguish for HP collectors, NECA has finally released pics of their first wave of the "Harry Potter" action figure line (It's in the current Toyfare issue, out today!) They look pretty terrific. The first wave consists of two death eaters, dementor, Voldemort, and a Tri-Wizard Harry. Due out Spring! :thumbsup:

Thoughts? comments? :lipsrsealed:

Jayspawn
01-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Wow! Those look great! Now I might actually get my Professor Snape that actually looks like Alan Rickman.

General_Grievous
01-12-2007, 04:41 PM
I might have to get that Voldemort.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-12-2007, 05:17 PM
They look like they'll be statues, which is fine anyway. I may get Voldemort and a Dementor, but I don't really like the design of the Death Eater in the film (too much like a dunce cap).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Toyfare has press shots up for those figures and Harry. linky! :http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/002992279.cfm

Lookin' awesome. I'm heading out to pick up that Toyfare right now. :thumbsup:

darthvyn
01-13-2007, 08:26 PM
holey carp!

those look awesome. looks like i'll be saving even less money...

General_Grievous
01-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Also not shown online that are in the issue are prototypes of Hermione and Ron from "Order of the Phoenix". I foresee that this will be just like Neca's POTC line. They'll be in Hot Topics everywhere, because emo chicks dig Gary Oldman...and Dementors. But if Neca wants to see even more sales, they should distribute this line to Toys R Us, Target, Wal Mart. I know they never do that, but it's Harry Potter. And especially since Sam Goody, Tower Records and Suncoast closed down, Hot Topic and comic shops seem to be the only places left to find Neca figures.

darthvyn
01-14-2007, 07:09 PM
that's true, i hadn't thought about the distribution problems with their main avenues out of business. i guess that's why i actually saw the mezco hellboy figures at TRU the other day - i hadn't even put two and two together. i just hate to think of NECA products showing up in wally world, though... it just makes it all seem so... pedestian. there was something cool and anti-mainstream about them. maybe they'll just bank on e-tailers and forego brick 'n' mortar all together.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Harry's lightning scar is backwards (it should be a Z, not an S) . . . but he still looks pretty great. Hopefully he and Voldemort have shooting light things, since that would be totally killer.

Hagrid and Fang look sweet as hell!

DarkArtist
01-19-2007, 08:37 AM
these do look amazing. will have to get a few of the dementors. Hagrid look cool, not to crazy about the Harry would rather have seen a regular Hogwarts version . The triwizard version is cool but still I want the regular characters in their school uniforms. will have to pick up this issue of toyfare to see the proto's for the others.

DarkArtist
02-06-2007, 03:34 PM
saw the pics of the heroes and the graveyard scene in Lee Toy Review. WOW. these are going to rock. can't wait to see these at retail and get my hands on them.

General_Grievous
02-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Found this online. Pretty impressive.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-11-2007, 12:50 PM
HP figures at the Toyfair!! Start on page 2: http://photos2.figures.com/gallery2/showgallery.php?cat=638&page=2

We can see:
Both Potter figuers
Hermione
Ron
Snape
Hagrid
Sirius!!

Lookin' AWESOME. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
02-14-2007, 10:17 PM
I also heard there will be a build-a-figure starting with Order of the Phoenix wave 2.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Packaging pics are up. Not much on the way of cover art, but this is an introductory line so that isn't a problem. I'm REALLY REALLY tempted to buy an extra Voldemort, Harry, and Dementor to open. :thumbsup:

http://www.necaonline.com/article/detail/69

DarkArtist
02-27-2007, 07:01 PM
package art may not be the best, but the figures more then make up for that. I kind of like the whole Hogwarts in the Mist thing on the cards though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-11-2007, 06:16 PM
I have a set of these on order from BBTS, but I saw them at Hot Topic today and HAD to buy extras! I got: Potter, Voldemort and the Dementor (last one!) And I must say: these figures are TREMENDOUS. Voldemort and Harry are solid, but the Dementor is AMAZING. The detail on him is great and the whole floating effect is very very VERY WELL done. I'm really happy with these figures. Great job, NECA! :crazed:

jjreason
03-11-2007, 07:32 PM
I love the packaging - I'm a big fan of anything that lets the focus be on the product - especially when the products are as fine as these figures. Sadly, I don't think I'll be finding them at retail up here unless Sunrise records somehow manages to catch a few cases.

darthvyn
03-28-2007, 01:34 PM
wow! these look better and better... i can't wait to spend more money...

jonthejedi
03-29-2007, 04:12 AM
Haven't seen these yet. My Spencers says "they're coming."

Jayspawn
04-05-2007, 10:59 AM
My local Spencers JUST got them in yesterday. They look sweet! The packaging is a little boring but the figures are sweet! I picked up Voldemort so far but may go back for Harry. I really dig the connecting bases.

Cant wait for Series 2.

General_Grievous
04-05-2007, 02:55 PM
I saw wave 1 at Hot Topic yesterday. I think they had everyone but the Dementor. They looked cool, but I'm waiting for the 4 inch line from Neca. They're supposed to be the same molds, but shrunk down a few inches. I think they're scheduled to come out in May.

darthvyn
04-15-2007, 09:35 PM
so i picked up four out of the five figures from this series the other day - harry, dementor, voldemort and skull-faced death eater. they're really cool, though they lack articulation (not that i'm surprised by that from NECA, what with the minimum of articulation on the "shaun of the dead" figure, and "v for vendetta")

unfortunately, harry's wand broke while i was taking it out of the package (it is quite thin...) so i'm going to have to try and repair it if NECA's customer service doesn't replace it. i contacted them, but if it's anything like my attempt to get a replacement right-hand for my alternator's grimlock (he has two left hands) i won't be receiving anthing.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-15-2007, 10:26 PM
so i picked up four out of the five figures from this series the other day - harry, dementor, voldemort and skull-faced death eater. they're really cool, though they lack articulation (not that i'm surprised by that from NECA, what with the minimum of articulation on the "shaun of the dead" figure, and "v for vendetta")

unfortunately, harry's wand broke while i was taking it out of the package (it is quite thin...) so i'm going to have to try and repair it if NECA's customer service doesn't replace it. i contacted them, but if it's anything like my attempt to get a replacement right-hand for my alternator's grimlock (he has two left hands) i won't be receiving anthing.

Darth- the same thing kinda happened to me; I hit my bookshelf and harry tumbled, snapping his wand. if you still have your reciept, do what i did: take him back and exchange him. Worked like a charm. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
04-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Anyone find more news on the 3 3/4 Neca figures? All I've found are pictures, but have any release dates been confirmed?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-16-2007, 07:29 AM
Anyone find more news on the 3 3/4 Neca figures? All I've found are pictures, but have any release dates been confirmed?

BBTS has a pre-order date of Julyish. Dunno how accurate this is at the moment though. :thumbsup:

darthvyn
04-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Darth- the same thing kinda happened to me; I hit my bookshelf and harry tumbled, snapping his wand. if you still have your reciept, do what i did: take him back and exchange him. Worked like a charm. :thumbsup:

i'd hate to do that - return a perfectly good figure because a half-inch accessory broke. i'll just glue it if NECA can't supply me with a replacement.

darthvyn
06-04-2007, 12:23 PM
so i got a response from NECA today! he appologized for the delay in response but said that if i supplied them with my mailing address they would send me a replacement "right away"!

that's really cool, and a lot better than my "alternators grimlock with two left hands" problem and response. (hasbro said they could only send me an entire unit, not a small piece, so i would have to ship it to them, and that they couldn't guarantee that they would send the same unit back, but that it would be a currently available unit! WTF???)

El Chuxter
06-04-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm sure Grimlock wouldn't appreciate having two left hands.

darthvyn
06-04-2007, 12:27 PM
well, he's going to have to continue to do so... i wasn't sending him away with no guarantee of his safe return.

EDIT:

NECA has a mini-site devoted to the new OotP series 1 figueres:

http://www.necaonline.com/features/hpop1/index.html

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-04-2007, 06:23 PM
I got my Potter vs. Voldemort grave set today and it's FAAAAAAANTASTIC. Seriously, it comes with the regular Voldemort and Harry figures and the base is INCREDIBLE; 19'' wide. The detail on the skeleton and the tombstone is superb. I had it on order at BBTS, but they kicked the price to almost 50 bucks. Amazing Toyz has it for 23.99, so check them out. :thumbsup:

I did still keep the first OOTP figures on order at BBTS and i'm waiting on them. No rush though as I'm pretty broke at the moment. :p

darthvyn
06-05-2007, 08:46 PM
they've got an article on the deluxe talking hagrid:

http://necaonline.com/article/detail/99

looks freakin' awesome, and it's so cool that he talks, saying phrases like:

* Rubeus Hagrid, Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts.
* You’re a wizard Harry.
* Never…insult Albus Dumbledore in front of me.
* Strictly speaking, I’m not allowed to do magic.
* I’m on official Hogwarts business.
* Welcome, Harry, to Diagon Alley.
* Codswallup.
* I shouldn’t have said that. I should not have said that.
* The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him.
* Mad and hairy? You wouldn’t be talking about me, now would ya?

General_Grievous
06-05-2007, 11:06 PM
I found OOTP wave 1 at Hot Topic. They all look good. I didn't pick any up, as I'm waiting for the 3 3/4 inch line. But they looked just as good as they do in the pictures.

darthvyn
06-13-2007, 08:43 AM
received the replacement for harry's wand today! it was funny, it was in a 4x6 envelope, with a bunch of bubble wrap and taped to an inch-and-a-half square of foamcore. now THAT's wrapping, especially for something that's maybe three-quarters of an inch long!

just wanted to have this customer service story out there - NECA responds, and in good fashion!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Pics of wave 2 HP figures are up!!!

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=NECA%2FHarry_Potter%2FSeries_2&dispsize=600&start=0

That Dumbledore looks AWESOME and i'm really liking those Death Eaters and Snape! Can't wait to get these! :thumbsup:

darthvyn
06-22-2007, 12:14 PM
those are awesome! too bad it's not the original dumbledore though... he was so much better.

news on more HP stuff:

SDCC exclusive harry and HEDWIG

www.necaonline.com/article/detail/104

and pics of hagrid in-box:

www.necaonline.com/article/detail/105

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-22-2007, 12:26 PM
I got a feeling that we will get a Richard Harris version of Dumbledore, so I wouldn't worry yet. I like Gambon though, we were just used to the Harris version.

I got one of those HP SDCC figures on order from cornerstorecomics. Pricey, but i'm afraid i'd miss the ordering window NECA will try to give fans who can't attend.

and BBTS put Hagrid up for pre-sale...i don't even know when, but it was probably this morning and he's already SOLD OUT. Grrr. I'll keep my eyes on CSC and nab him then. Very expensive summer for we potter fans! :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-22-2007, 01:43 PM
So that's what the Death Eaters look like in this one, eh? At least it's better than the goofy getup they had in GOF.

darthvyn
06-22-2007, 01:57 PM
I got a feeling that we will get a Richard Harris version of Dumbledore, so I wouldn't worry yet. I like Gambon though, we were just used to the Harris version.

it's more that harris was SO perfect, and gambon is playing it SO different. of course, if he were to play it similar to harris, i would complain that he was doing a good job of playing harris playing dumbledore. that said, i liked gambon's rendition better in GOF than in POA... i think he had settled into the role more.

but nothing could beat harris' totally understated way of playing the character. gambon's just a bit more animated than i picture dumbledore. harris played him sufficiently "ancient" if i make myself clear. it was like he had been around for centuries.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-06-2007, 09:40 PM
it's more that harris was SO perfect, and gambon is playing it SO different. of course, if he were to play it similar to harris, i would complain that he was doing a good job of playing harris playing dumbledore. that said, i liked gambon's rendition better in GOF than in POA... i think he had settled into the role more.

but nothing could beat harris' totally understated way of playing the character. gambon's just a bit more animated than i picture dumbledore. harris played him sufficiently "ancient" if i make myself clear. it was like he had been around for centuries.

I did enjoy Harris as Dumbledore, but I honestly I wasn't able to picture him doing some of the action scenes that is required of him in future films. I really enjoy Gambon's approach with Dumbledore and I agree that he seemed far more relaxed in GOF than in POA. And Amazing Toyz put up single orders for wave 2 earlier today and I snagged an extra Dumbledore to open so I can toss him against my Voldemort that's on my bookshelf. A few more days till the flick!!! :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
07-06-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm more excited about Severus Snape! That likenss is f'n fantastic so I hope the finished one looks as good. I'll be getting Dumbledore too (Harris was great but Gambon is who's developing the character).

Anyone know when this series is coming out? Just a few days till the movie. :bandit:

Jayspawn
07-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Hmm...seems that some Snapes have found their way into stores a little early.

LTBasker
07-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Yeah, Borders is getting cases of Series 1 with Snape as part of the wave (series 1 packaging as well) as an exclusive, he's still being released in a regular retail wave later with different packaging.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_062707a.htm

Jayspawn
07-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Hmmm, might have to check out Borders then.

LTBasker
07-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Noticed another review from Mr. Crawford, Borders also has the first NECA 3 3/4" Harry Potter figures with an exclusive Marauder's Map.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_070907a.htm

Ji'dai
07-11-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm tired of statue figures with $15 price tags so I've been passing on NECA's 7" line. Too bad the 3 3/4" figs don't have more articulation and hopefully the paint jobs will be better than on the ones Crawford got. I don't have a Borders locally so hopefully this box set will show up at Spencers or Hot Topic.

ToyWiz has the individually carded figures listed on their site too. Only $28 for a Hermione! :greedy:

Jayspawn
07-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Got a Snape! Went out to Borders the other day. they had about 5 of them but the paint jobs sucked! Except on the one I got. I dont know why NECA gave him the orange skin tone -he definatly doesnt have that in the movie -so I'm actually thinking about repainting mine.

The 3" Potter figures were there ie: Harry, Ron, and Hermoine 3pack. FYI -the paint jobs SUCKED!!!

Jayspawn
07-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Was watching the Prisioner of Azkaban today. How would anyone feel about a Deluxe Aunt Marge? Haha.

DarkArtist
07-20-2007, 05:01 PM
picked up the Borders 3 pack of the 3 3/4 figures and love them. does anyone know if Neca is going to be making more in this scale and if so what characters are they going to make. really hope they make the Dementor and some death eaters.

darthvyn
07-22-2007, 05:34 PM
found sirius and harry from series 1 of OotP and a ghostface deatheater from the GoF series today. sirius is AWESOME - the amount of detail on his clothing are great. his articulation isn't great, but what there is is very functional. harry's pretty cool, and the deatheater is the same body as the other one, just a different mask and arms.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-22-2007, 05:45 PM
The only time I've seen any of these was at a Borders midnight dealy for DH, and they only had Snape and the GOF Harry and Voldemort, which sucked for me since I want Sirius and the Dementor.

darthvyn
07-22-2007, 07:13 PM
you may have a hard time finding the dementor - it was part of the initial wave that had nothing to do with OotP. the first series had harry in his triwizard tournament outfit, voldemort, a deatheater with variant, and the dementor. the newest series has sirius, harry, hermione, ron and a BAF deatheater dummy.

the second series has snape, dumbledore, and two deatheaters from OotP. borders had a sneak-preview version of snape for sale, however.

i'll keep my eyse open for a dementor for ya!

Ji'dai
08-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Has anyone spotted the 7" Voldemort vs Harry Potter graveyard duel box set? Looks like the figures are the same as the individually carded ones, but the display base with what I think is the Riddle headstone is cool as hell.

The local Waldenbooks has the figures too, which makes me wonder if they had the Borders 3.75" box set. I didn't realize Waldenbooks is part of Borders or else I'd been in there looking for these things. Merlin's Beard!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Has anyone spotted the 7" Voldemort vs Harry Potter graveyard duel box set? Looks like the figures are the same as the individually carded ones, but the display base with what I think is the Riddle headstone is cool as hell.

The local Waldenbooks has the figures too, which makes me wonder if they had the Borders 3.75" box set. I didn't realize Waldenbooks is part of Borders or else I'd been in there looking for these things. Merlin's Beard!

I have the Graveyard duel set actually. The figures are exactly the same as the single carded releases, but the graveyard is very VERY cool. I haven't actually seen them at retail though.

My HP SDCC figure arrived today too; very cool! Good to see a figure of Harry in his class outfit (sans robes) and Hedwig looks very cool. NECA has them for sale on their site: http://www.necaclub.com/exclusive-harry-potter-7-action-figur.html :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
08-07-2007, 05:41 PM
I have the Graveyard duel set actually. The figures are exactly the same as the single carded releases, but the graveyard is very VERY cool. I haven't actually seen them at retail though.

My HP SDCC figure arrived today too; very cool! Good to see a figure of Harry in his class outfit (sans robes) and Hedwig looks very cool. NECA has them for sale on their site: http://www.necaclub.com/exclusive-harry-potter-7-action-figur.html :thumbsup: Did you order the graveyard duel online? I saw it had a May release date but I never found it in any of my local retail specialty shops.

That exclusive HP figure looks to be the same as the Harry from Order of the Phoenix Series 1. NECA just added a Hedwig and raised the price $5.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-11-2007, 05:46 PM
I ended up just ordering the Dementor from Hot Topic's website; thanks for the offer, vyn. Another Borders near me had the same three Harry, Voldemort, and Snape figures as the other one, and the Hot Topic store didn't have any of them. Ah well.

Ji'dai
08-14-2007, 02:36 PM
actionfigureinsider has a pic of the 7" Lucius Malfoy (http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gallery/v/sdcc_2007/NECA/DSC09748.JPG.html) from OotP Series 2, shown at SDCC. I found a list of upcoming figures on a HP fansite (http://www.harrypotterfanzone.com/?ID=movies/movie5/neca), whether the list is accurate or just wishful thinking, I dunno.

I'm sure that we'll get a Harry with every series, just like NECA does with Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean line.

Hermione is proving to be a tough figure to find. I've seen one and made the mistake of not getting her. Hopefully she and the Dementor will be re-released again. I'm sure the Dementor will be back; it's a great figure.

I'd like to see Minerva McGonagall and Professor Flitwick made, plus some Goblins (Griphook) and House Elves (Dobby & Kreacher).

Jayspawn
08-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Pretty good list. L Malfoy looks pretty good. Cant wait to see what the Bellatrix Lestrange looks like. I also regret not getting Hermione when I had the chance -several -blah!

#1 on my want list is Nymphadora Tonks. The handsdown hottest girl in the movies. She'd be a great figure too. GG is making her a minibust.

Jayspawn
08-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Picked up the TGOB Death Eater w/ torch. They had several of the other so I'm waiting for now.

I got an email fron NECA saying that TOOP wave 2 w/ Dumbledore would be out in September.

Ji'dai
08-25-2007, 02:12 PM
I'll just have to break down and order OotP series one online, along with Hagrid and the Graveyard Duel. I think that's the only way I'm going to get a Hermione at this point. I don't have Harry or Ron yet either. I dislike buying figures online since I prefer to check paint jobs first and I'd rather my local brick-and-mortar shops get my business. After losing K*B and Suncoast, finding adult-oriented figures locally is getting harder to do.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-25-2007, 02:47 PM
I forgot to mention that I got my Hagrid figure a few weeks ago and this figure is AWESOME!! This figure is a monster and fits really well with the scale of the Potter figures as it's 10'' tall. The acessories are really cool too including a lantern, some stuff from his cabin/umbrella, Norbert and Fang, in all his cowardly glory. Here is a review of the figure that Michael Crawford did: http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_080307a.htm

Also, I have yet to see the Graveyard duel at retail, so if you haven't found it yet, I hope you pick it up online folks! :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
08-31-2007, 11:08 AM
I saw Hagrid at a Suncoast a few days ago. He's pretty sweet looking! They had him at $30. Would have picked him up but I just nabbed the Riddle Grave from Gentle Giant.

Jayspawn
09-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Upon inspecting series 1 TOOP figures, Hermoine should have come with Crookshanks, and Sirius with Kreacher and or Sirius as a dog. The death eater dummy doesnt do it for me.

Ji'dai
09-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Yeah, compared to their Pirates of the Caribbean line, NECA has really skimped on bases/accessories for the HP figures. Maybe the licensing fees or production costs were higher than for POTC.

The house elves are smaller than I originally thought. I was watching Chamber of Secrets a few weeks ago and noticed how diminutive Dobby was compared to Lucius Malfoy. I was thinking it'd be nice to get a 2-pack of Dobby & Kreacher, but it'd be a better value to see them included with a 7" figure.

I'd also like to see some accessories to flesh out a nice diorama too: brooms, trunks, owl cages, cauldrons, books & bookcases, Quidditch bats & balls, paintings, candles & candelabras, oil lamps, the sorting hat, the pensieve, and horcruxes, etc..

I've got some accessories from my Buffy figures that would work with these figures: books, bookshelves, candles/candelabras, potion bottles, and medieval weapons.

Jayspawn
09-15-2007, 03:55 PM
FYI, http://WB.store.com (http://WBstore.com) has Hermione, Ron and the Dementor IN STOCK and the shipping is FREE!

Jayspawn
09-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Recieved my Hermione and Dementor. Lucked out too as all the paint jobs are perfect. Dont think that NECA will do a better Hermione so I'm happy with it.

Still no sign of OOTP Series 2. They're not online yet either. Hopefully by the end of the month.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-21-2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah, i think the scheduled release date is end of the month/early october. It'd have to be at this point actually. I got mine on order along with an extra Dumbledore as I can't wait to pose Dumbledore against Voldemort. Geek glee. Hee! :thumbsup:

BBTS has HP: OTP series 3 for pre-order right now: Lucious, Bellatrix and Harry in casual clothes. It also mentions that a 4th or 5th figure could be added. NECA has been pretty mum on their blog about release dates or info about this or even the new CC which i'm REALLY excited about. I'll post info when they get off their keisters and blog. :thumbsup:

I just wish I could find an extra practicing dummy BAF from the first OTP series. I'm not buying a whole extra set just for the dummy. I keep checking e-bay and nothing yet. bah! :(

Jayspawn
09-21-2007, 11:07 PM
I cant wait to see a Bellatrix proto. I'm definatly posing Dumbledore against Voldemort. I wonder which Harry will be in the Lucious wave. NECA has been pretty quiet about HP stuff latley.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-23-2007, 12:23 PM
What is the deal with the figures at the bottom of this page (http://www.thecollectorzone.com/browse.asp?cid_s3=738)? It also mentions a Room of Requirement playset and that they're in the 3.75" scale. What's the deal? Who makes these?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-23-2007, 01:57 PM
What is the deal with the figures at the bottom of this page (http://www.thecollectorzone.com/browse.asp?cid_s3=738)? It also mentions a Room of Requirement playset and that they're in the 3.75" scale. What's the deal? Who makes these?

JJ- These figures are made by Cards, Inc, which is a company out of the UK. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
09-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Some of them look quite nice, and some of them quite not nice.

Jayspawn
09-23-2007, 09:30 PM
They're good figures for kids to play with. But the likenesses are basic and detail is minimal. I'm not buying a single one. NECA deserves my $ more.

Jayspawn
09-24-2007, 01:50 PM
NECA has updated on their MySpace page that they have completed Lucious, Bellatrix and Harry. Also that the wave will only be those 3 figures.

They also said that in production are Moody and Harris Dumbledore. The next waves will be characters from the various films. So hopefully Tonks, Lupin and McGonagall are coming later.

Dark Marble
09-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Hey,

Could anybody tell me if the Harry and Voldemort that come in the box set are the same figures that are in series 1? Or I guess what I am trying to say is are they the same mold?

General_Grievous
09-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Yes, they are the exact same figures.

Jayspawn
10-02-2007, 11:30 AM
NECA has a good feature on their site on OOTP Series 2 figures. The Harry is disapointing as hes alsmost the exact same figure from series 1.

Jayspawn
10-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Theres a few Dumbledores on Ebay. And it seems from other sites reports they OOTP is very slowly hitting specialty stores.

Jayspawn
10-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Recieved Dumbeldore and the Death Eaters today. Ordered them from a guy on Ebay. Got them for less than the retail price too! The paint jobs on all of them are excellent too! Very impressed with each of them. Cant wait to open them up and fetch Dumbledore against Voldemort.

Jayspawn
10-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Found a new Death Eater, V2 Harry, and a Snape with PERFECT paint job at Hot Topic last night. Snape even had the right skin tone also. (?)

Jayspawn
11-14-2007, 03:45 PM
I found the coolest set at Borders today. It contains the 7" Ron, Harry and Hermione BUT it includes Hedwig, Crookshanks and Pigwidgeon! It was $29.99. I got it cause I needed the Harry and Pets.

If anybody needs Hermoine or Ron let me know.

Oh! In one of the new toy magazines out there, NECA is showing protos for Dueling Club Harry and Draco Malfoy from The Chamber of Secrets. Also a proto for Harris Dumbledore. And if you havnt seen them yet, on the NECA site is finished Bellatrix, Lucious, and Casual Harry.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-14-2007, 04:46 PM
I found the coolest set at Borders today. It contains the 7" Ron, Harry and Hermione BUT it includes Hedwig, Crookshanks and Pigwidgeon! It was $29.99. I got it cause I needed the Harry and Pets.

If anybody needs Hermoine or Ron let me know.

Oh! In one of the new toy magazines out there, NECA is showing protos for Dueling Club Harry and Draco Malfoy from The Chamber of Secrets. Also a proto for Harris Dumbledore. And if you havnt seen them yet, on the NECA site is finished Bellatrix, Lucious, and Casual Harry.

Woah waoh, a set of the kids and the animals?!!?!? NECA HAS SAID NOTHING ABOUT THIS as they haven't updated their blog in ages. I might have to check out my borders when I get time this weekendish.

Anyway you could post pics of the set or the pics of the new figs?!?! (minus wave 3 cos i've seen those) :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
11-14-2007, 07:28 PM
I found the coolest set at Borders today. It contains the 7" Ron, Harry and Hermione BUT it includes Hedwig, Crookshanks and Pigwidgeon! It was $29.99. I got it cause I needed the Harry and Pets That's awesome. I still need the trio AND getting the pets to boot for that price is too good to pass up. Hopefully Waldenbooks (a Borders subsidiary) will carry this set too.

darthvyn
11-15-2007, 10:54 AM
man, i gotta catch up with this. i only have the first (GoF) series, and harry #1 from OOtP. i'd say i'll take the ron/hermione off your hands, jayspawn, but now i want that set!

Ji'dai
11-19-2007, 08:44 PM
I found a Borders store out of town but didn't see the 7" box set. I did finally get to see the 3-3/4" box set with the marauder's map, but wasn't impressed enough to get one.

Also spotted Snape and Hagrid at a Hot Topic, but didn't feel like spending full price on them.

Dark Marble
12-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Does anyone know if the Borders 7" set is still in stores? I have not seen one of these in person yet.

Jayspawn
12-14-2007, 12:25 PM
I only saw it the once I bought it. Went a few weeks ago about found TGOF Harry and Voldemort.

Lucious and Bellatrix should be shipping soon. Saw in several places they the shipping date was Fall '07. But the last wave was a little late so figure this one will be too.

Dark Marble
12-14-2007, 12:51 PM
Yep! I wasn't going to get into this collection but the Bellatrix figure sold me. I hope these figures continue for a while. I would also like a Luna Lovegood, she is one of my favorites from the books.

Jayspawn
12-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Luna is hilarious -cant wait to see her the next movies! I'd go for Neville too. Freg and George would make a great exclusive set.

Tonks is now #1 on my want list now.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-16-2007, 11:19 AM
I found the Borders set a week before I went home for Thanksgiving. I'm just peeved cos I already had the characters, but just wanted the other owl and crookshanks. And Scabbers is MIA too. Maybe in the future?

Also, if you head to the NECA myspace or even their site, e-mail them and tell them you want a boxset of the Order of the Phoenix. I'll have to check out past blogs and see if they mention it, but I really think it could happen. It could include: Neville, Luna, Cho, and the twins. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

If you want the pics I took of the borders set, let me know and i'll post'em. :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
12-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Post away, JMG! I doubt my local Waldenbooks will get this set in. I don't have any of the figs in it so it'd be a pretty good deal for me.

General_Grievous
12-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Also, if you head to the NECA myspace or even their site, e-mail them and tell them you want a boxset of the Order of the Phoenix. I'll have to check out past blogs and see if they mention it, but I really think it could happen. It could include: Neville, Luna, Cho, and the twins.

But no Ginny?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-16-2007, 07:47 PM
But no Ginny?

Dammit, I knew i left somebody out. Yes, gotta toss in that fiesty redheaded fox! :crazed:

and here are the links to pics (taken with my phone):

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/whitebrowgigs/hp1.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/whitebrowgigs/hp2.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/whitebrowgigs/hp3.jpg

:thumbsup:

Jayspawn
12-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Hopefully when NECA starts doing random characters (after Lucious and Bellatrix) they'll throw in OOTP members.

Wonder what their SDCC Exclusive will be this year. Hopefully a new Potter character.

Dark Marble
01-18-2008, 08:55 AM
So, has any one seen or heard when Bellatrix and Lucious are coming out? There are a bunch of expensive pre-sales on ebay but no concrete release dates that I have seen.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-18-2008, 11:19 AM
So, has any one seen or heard when Bellatrix and Lucious are coming out? There are a bunch of expensive pre-sales on ebay but no concrete release dates that I have seen.

I was thinking about that yesterday when I got a shipping charge from an online store from a pre-order I didn't recall, but alas, no dice. I hope we hear something lately, but NECA has been mum on a lot of stuff for MONTHS. It's assinine really.

Jayspawn
01-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Thats true -NECA hasnt said anything about stuff coming out and several figures are laready late ie: Hannibal. Theres not even any Bellas or Lucious on Ebay yet.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Thats true -NECA hasnt said anything about stuff coming out and several figures are laready late ie: Hannibal. Theres not even any Bellas or Lucious on Ebay yet.

Randy actually updated their blog last week, their first update since SEPTEMBER. Here is the quick HP blip:

Harry Potter
The 3rd OOP Series with Malfoy, Bellatrix, and Harry will ship soon and we have 5 more figures completed. We're about to begin work on Half Blood Prince sculpts soon.

So, that's good news! :thumbsup:

also, which Hannibal figures you talking about? The Cult Classics ones? I have both of those, the one with Hannibal on the cart and of him in his cell. if you need them, let me know and I can give you a link or two to places that sell'em. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-20-2008, 06:35 PM
I got confirmation from CSC/Amazing Toyz that my HP: OTP wave 3 was shipped out today. This wave includes Harry, Bellatrix, and Luscious. So, start lookin' out in the stores cos these should be out! :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
03-20-2008, 06:37 PM
About time! Bellatrix is first for me! I'll get Lucius too. Only 6 months late!

NECA has THBP figures in the works too but cant show them yet. I think they said that Ginny will be in the wave. Err!

Jayspawn
03-27-2008, 10:24 PM
They're online now -in stock various places. Might place an order just to get Bella and Lucious.

Oh, I got my Tonks Minibust from Gentle Giant -pretty sweet!

Jayspawn
04-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Looks like Lucious comes with a masked head accessory -SWEET!

Anyways, I ordered Bella and Lucious from a place on Amazon -got a pretty good deal. Looks like the next wave has the Weasley boys, Mad Eye and Harris Dumbledore as the nest, set wave. NECA is hesitant to show anything afterwards, because its a HBP wave.

Jayspawn
04-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Got my Bellatrix and Lucious a few days ago. Shame this is a short wave of 3 figures. Bellatrix is the standout in the series. The detail is incredible -though her skintone could be more pale. They pulled off her wind-blown hair pretty well and her wand is one of my favorites. Lucious is pretty cool. His hair is this translucent clear color w/ white highlights. The hair on the masked head is painted a solid color -not sure why the 2 effects. Anyways, both are sweet figures. I didnt get Harry but hes probably passible.

jonthejedi
05-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Has anyone seen these at retail, like Spencers, F.Y.E., etc?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Has anyone seen these at retail, like Spencers, F.Y.E., etc?

That's a negative. I know HOT TOPIC carries very little action figures these days and I haven't looked at FYE. I know spencers just had older figures when I was there last weekend.

Jayspawn
05-23-2008, 08:55 AM
I accidently discovered that Malfoy's Death Eater mask comes off!

Anyways, looks like the next wave will be Freg & George, Harris Dumbledore and MadEye. Was hoping it would be another figure or 2 longer. But NECAs getting ready for THBP wave in a few months.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-19-2008, 11:00 PM
Pics/info on the two pack of year 1 Harry and RICHARD HARRIS DUMBLEDORE!!!

http://necaonline.com/article/detail/229

I saw on a site that this was 4'' scale, which makes no sense if it's supposed to be work with the other figures in the series. Maybe it's a typo on the website? I'm doing some e-mailing to find out more details and I asked NECA as well. Hopefully it IS in the 7'' series. I'll keep you folks posted. :thumbsup:

jonthejedi
06-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Guess I'll have to order Malfoy wave online...haven't seen anywhere.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Just got confirmation that they will be 7'' for the two pack. YES!! :thumbsup:

and I hope you can track them down, Jon. This last wave has been awesome!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-15-2008, 01:05 AM
Prototype pics of HBP, I believe were posted. I thought Mad Eye was due out for OTP wave, but maybe NECA switched it up. I'll post more details when I find them out.

About the figures, I think Ginny's face might be off, but it could be the angle or picture. Other than that, i'm pretty excited! :thumbsup:

jonthejedi
07-15-2008, 04:36 AM
I may have to go ebay for the Lucius Malfoy wave...never found at retail anywhere. With all the SW stuff hitting 7/26...yikes!!!