PDA

View Full Version : We need HBO figures so badly it hurts

El Chuxter
01-11-2007, 12:44 PM
First, Lost fans got action figures. Then 24 fans.

I don't mean to sound like sour grapes, but what of all the shows on HBO?

I think Sopranos figures are long overdue. If I can get a two-pack of Lost characters, I should be able to get a two pack of Silvio icing Adriana.

Likewise Deadwood. There's a dearth of good western figures, and this show's been near the top of my wish list for quite some time.

Or Rome? I haven't seen it yet, but it looks like it would make for some good action figures.

Hell, I'd even kill for a Larry David figure from Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Who's with me?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Frankly, i'd throw down some lettuce for a Larry David figure or ESPECIALLY a figure of Ari Gold with a talking feature that said, "Let's hug it out, *****!" :thumbsup: Of course, keeping with their insanely expensive DVD prices, the figures would probably cost a lot too. :(

Kidhuman
01-11-2007, 07:52 PM
I would love some Deadwood figures. I dont care for the Sopranos as I never watch it. I would buy Rome, The Wire, and Curb figs no doubt. Maybe when the HBO rep comes back to my job I will inquire with her about this.

Rocketboy
01-11-2007, 10:51 PM
I want a Borat figure.
(Ali G was on HBO, right?)

CaptainSolo1138
01-11-2007, 11:06 PM
I'd buy "Band of Brothers" figures. I can just see Capt. Spiers handing out cigarettes to my Marvel Legends.

Rocketboy
01-11-2007, 11:20 PM
I'd buy "Band of Brothers" figures. I can just see Capt. Spiers handing out cigarettes to my Marvel Legends.Oh Sh*t! I knew I was forgetting a show!

Rogue II
01-12-2007, 10:45 AM
We need HBO figures so badly it hurts

Are you sure it just isn't gas?

General_Grievous
01-13-2007, 01:41 AM
I want a Borat figure.
(Ali G was on HBO, right?)

Same here, along with figures of Bruno and Ali G himself. With soundchips, of course.

2-1B
01-15-2007, 01:00 AM
Carnivale would make for a good asst of characters.

Kidhuman
01-15-2007, 07:56 AM
Oz figures anyone?

General_Grievous
01-15-2007, 11:24 AM
I saw a Sopranos pinball machine last night. You'd think that they'd have figures if they have a pinball machine, right?

Rocketboy
01-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Oz figures anyone?Male nudity + sodomy = bad action figures.

evenflow
01-17-2007, 07:16 PM
I would buy Sopranos figures. That would be awesome.

Ji'dai
01-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Who wants an Air Force Amy? How about her pimp? :D I bet kids couldn't wait to get some Cathouse and Real Sex action figures, because I know I can't. The Bunny Ranch owner kinda resembles Tony Soprano so they could use the same molds for both lines.

I'd buy Deadwood figures since there's just a major lack of good western action figures on the market today. I'm really surprised I don't see generic ones too - just the occasional bag of plastic cowboys and indians molded in bright primary colors. Wal-Mart's around here devote an aisle to farm toys, so why not some decent western action figures?

I might be tempted to get Band of Brothers figures too. There's definitely a market for authentic historical WWII toys so BoB figs would sell in TRU or Wal-Mart and not just the usual specialty stores that carry SOTA, NECA, MEZCO, and McFarlane stuff.

I like Rome and the Sopranos used to be good but I wouldn't buy figures from those series. I don't watch any other HBO series.

2-1B
01-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Wow J'Dai, good call on the Air Force Amy figure ! Dennis Hof is the pimp's name and they could even make Madam Suzette. :D
Oh, and also that other prostitute Isabella Soprano since she goes by that name. lol lol lol

Also, the Sopranos is still good so I'll disagree with you there. :)

Blue2th
01-21-2007, 11:56 AM
I'd buy "Band of Brothers" figures. I can just see Capt. Spiers handing out cigarettes to my Marvel Legends.
I would definitely buy those! Just make them in 1:18 scale though (or 3.75 Star Wars, same scale as 1:18)) Already have the Ultimate Soldier Vehicles to put them in, and plenty of Germans for Capt. Spiers to....... Though a 1:18 C-47 D-Day Parachute plane would be cool also. I would buy the Rome figs too. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
01-21-2007, 02:35 PM
How about a naked Atia figure from "Rome"?

2-1B
01-22-2007, 12:33 AM
sure, just as long as it doesn't come with a Naked Marc Antony. lol

JimJamBonds
01-22-2007, 12:52 AM
I'd taking a talking Al Swereggen figure (by "talking" I mean "swearing")

I might be tempted to get Band of Brothers figures too. There's definitely a market for authentic historical WWII toys so BoB figs would sell in TRU or Wal-Mart and not just the usual specialty stores that carry SOTA, NECA, MEZCO, and McFarlane stuff.

How about the historical figures already out there? Sure they aren't the most authentic but they aren't that bad.

Ji'dai
01-23-2007, 02:20 PM
How about the historical figures already out there? Sure they aren't the most authentic but they aren't that bad. Those 21st Century Toys WWII figures and vehicles are pretty decent. They have more articulation than anything NECA or McFarlane would do.

UKWildcat
01-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Carnivale would make for a good asst of characters.

You know I'd be all over those Cae. Brother Justin, Ben Hawkins, Jonesy, Stumpy, Lodz. Yea... that would be sweet.