PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Forged Figures being cancelled???

pegger
01-13-2007, 05:01 PM
http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1168639598,73495,

Sounds like the line is failing....doesn't surprise me. Another line that could have been something, and flubbed by Hasbro.

Kidhuman
01-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Dont surprise me either. I have bought 4 fo them and all were on clearance. Normally 60 bucks for all for, I paid about 23 for them total with tax.

JediTricks
01-14-2007, 06:20 AM
I'm surprised it lasted this long, a few months ago Hasbro was making sounds like the line had already floundered but they ended up holding in there a little longer.

Blue2th
01-14-2007, 09:14 AM
That's too bad, though not unexpected. Sure wish they would have at least made a few more like R2-D2 and Jango (who is cancelled at EE). There was more at SDCC I know. Though we are getting a 30th anniversary R2 in exactly the same pose with the ROTS rocket flames in the regular 3.75 line. I pre-ordered the last two known ones: Maul and Luke X-Wing/Hoth. I wonder what will become of the BSG Cylon? If he is included in this cut in production? Or will we see him with the Marvel figs?

Darth Jax
01-14-2007, 10:35 AM
really too bad they cancelled this, though the line never really had a chance. 2 versions of figs released at a time and then a change in packaging and they reshipped the same 4 figs still clogging shelves. i never even saw any of them beyond the initial 4.

this line would've been great for metallic or armored figures - protocol droids and especially battle droids that would stand without falling over secondary to cheap flimsy plastic legs.

bobafrett
01-15-2007, 08:56 PM
I passed on most except the 501st trooper, the Sandtrooper, Vader and Boosk, but only because he was on clearance. I like the idea, just not the price.

Old Fossil
01-16-2007, 09:27 PM
I thought about buying some of these, but the price was too great. Plus, they would just end up in storage, since I have to place to put them in my themed display shelves.

Also, I have, like, 7 different Vaders, 3 or 4 different Bobas, more Sandtroopers than I'll ever need, and 2 versions of Bossk, which is 1 more than I need. Plus, Bossk is looking to return in this year's VTAC line.

The line just had too many things going against it for me.

dindae
01-17-2007, 10:30 AM
I thought about getting this line, but after seeing the Vader and Fett up close the detail wasn't there. I figure if I'm going to spend $15 bucks on a figure with no articulation it better be detailed. Since I got neither articulation or detail I couldn't justify it.

jonthejedi
01-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Did Darth Maul & Hoth Luke get as far as production phase??? I actually saw a Forged Titanium Ghost Rider today at WalMart. Marvel as well.

Blue2th
01-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Did Darth Maul & Hoth Luke get as far as production phase??? I actually saw a Forged Titanium Ghost Rider today at WalMart. Marvel as well. I don't think they made it that far, else we would see at least one or two on eBay. I saw them one day at EE for pre-order arriving sometime in the summer which I thought was a little late. Checked back the next day and they were sold out. I have one of each of Maul and Luke on order at Toywiz.com (they have the best price of those available for pre-order) Says they are due in February. We'll see huh. I also ordered Grievous and C-3PO that are in stock there since I can't seem to find them elsewhere for at least close to retail price. I think that Ghost Rider has been cancelled at EE. It's puzzling trying to figure it all out. Don't care much for the Marvel figs but I sure hope I find the Cylon. He's like $39.00 pre-odrer there which I'm not willing to pay.