PDA

View Full Version : Epic Movie

Tycho
01-14-2007, 06:13 AM
Or whatever it's called. Has anyone else seen advertising for this on MySpace or somewhere? Is it a real movie? Will it have Superman, Jurassic Park, all that stuff in one movie? (as a comedic satire?)

I didn't pay too much attention to the ad before. That and Fan Boys were the 2 comedies I was looking forward to. But I'm not sure that "Epic Movie" or whatever was a real movie.

Bosskman
01-14-2007, 06:42 AM
I know it makes fun of "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" but that's all I remember from the TV spot I saw.

Tycho
01-14-2007, 08:24 AM
When will this be out in theaters? I want to go see this.

General_Grievous
01-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Yep, January 26th, I think.

It also spoofs stuff like Pirates of the Caribbean, X-Men, Superman Returns, Harry Potter, even Borat...I'm sure they'll have a Star Wars reference in there. I hope it's not as bad as Date Movie. Man, that was garbage.

UKWildcat
01-14-2007, 03:05 PM
My guess is that Epic Movie will be just as bad as Date Movie and will narrowly escape IMDBs Bottom 100 list, just like Date Movie.

El Chuxter
01-14-2007, 04:27 PM
From the commercials I've seen, it looks like it will be the worst film of all time.

Tycho
01-14-2007, 04:52 PM
So you mean it will be dumb enough that I could go see it by myself, and laugh my butt off in an empty theater while sniffing Mouse Droids?

Cool!

UKWildcat
01-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Yes sir... with exception to the laughing part I'm sure. I don't know Tycho, I'd wait for the dvd release.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-14-2007, 07:49 PM
This doesn't look that great . . . they really need to stop doing these. When you make fun of comedies, it's just not funny.

CaptainSolo1138
01-14-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm so over these "let's-make-a-movie-and-goof-on-other-movies" movies. It was done to death by the middle of "Scary Movie 2".

Tycho
01-14-2007, 11:04 PM
I didn't see the Scary Movies because I wasn't familiar with whatever the horror genre it was poking fun at.

Epic Movie seems to satirize stuff I know like Star Wars, Superman, etc.

So the format will seem fresh to me.

I don't usually go and see comedies.

Rocketboy
01-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Well, if you see Epic Movie, then you (probably) still won't be seeing a comedy.

General_Grievous
01-15-2007, 10:27 AM
I think I'll see it just as an excuse to see the Spider-Man 3 sneak peek in AMC theaters. I know. Pathetic, right?

Kidhuman
01-15-2007, 12:01 PM
With movies like this, they usually show the funny parts during the commercial clips, so its a waste of time to go to the theaters.

Tycho
01-15-2007, 05:54 PM
With movies like this, they usually show the funny parts during the commercial clips, so its a waste of time to go to the theaters.

They ruined Men In Black II that way....

Rocketboy
01-15-2007, 08:58 PM
They ruined Men In Black II that way....They ruined MIB2 by making the movie.

JediTricks
01-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Well, if you see Epic Movie, then you (probably) still won't be seeing a comedy.Good one!

They ruined MIB2 by making the movie.Daaamn, you're on fire in this thread! :D

2-1B
01-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Yes sir... with exception to the laughing part I'm sure. I don't know Tycho, I'd wait for the dvd release.

I won't even bother with the DVD, Yuke. :D

Mad Slanted Powers
01-19-2007, 12:37 AM
They ruined Men In Black II that way....
They ruined Men In Black by not using the Frank Black song "Men In Black". I never bothered to see the sequel.

I've not seen the Scary Movies or Date Movie, but they seem funny from the commercials. I suppose they're not up to the quality of Airplane or Naked Gun, but I'd probably enjoy watching them at least once anyway. I saw the commercial on TV for Epic Movie and it began with a Chronicles of Narnia spoof. The girl freaks out when she sees a talking beaver and kicks it.

El Chuxter
01-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Scary Movie 1 & 2 were by the Wayans Brothers.

Scary Movie 3 was by the Zucker Brothers.

That is why they're funny.

General_Grievous
01-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Scary Movie 3 was by the Zucker Brothers.

That is why they're funny.

"Scary Movie 4" was also by the Zuckers. Watching orphans cry is funnier than watching "Scary Movie 4".

General_Grievous
01-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Just saw this today. It had a few good laughs, but I wish I had waited for the DVD. For the record, it was way better than Date Movie, but that's not really saying much. Kal Penn (aka Kumar) was pretty funny in it. Plus there were a few Star Wars references (cameos from Chewie and some Stormtroopers).

UKWildcat
01-26-2007, 08:16 PM
For the record, it was way better than Date Movie, but that's not really saying much.

Hmmm... that means that I might be able to finish it then. I had to turn Date Movie off after 15 mins or so. I wasn't wasting any more time on that hockey.

JetsAndHeels
01-26-2007, 10:02 PM
General Grievous:

Aside from the bullet to the eye sequence, what else did they spoof on Superman Returns?

Tycho
01-27-2007, 01:20 AM
I don't have an opportunity to go and see this tonight, but probably sometime this weekend. What is the plot reason for them spoofing these other movies?

General_Grievous
01-27-2007, 08:17 AM
General Grievous:

Aside from the bullet to the eye sequence, what else did they spoof on Superman Returns?

That's it. Just the bullet to the eye sequence.

JetsAndHeels
01-28-2007, 12:58 AM
That's it. Just the bullet to the eye sequence.

Thanks for the info.

I figure that had to be the best scene from the film for them to spoof.

Tonysmo
01-29-2007, 02:51 AM
heh. I remember this place.. *waves*

I took muh kid to see it.

it was..

...well.. it sucked. that is all.

there were a few parts that were haha, but most of the time I sat thinking.. why did I pay for this..

seeing a blue chewy and the troopers were the highlight for me.

the pirate *snl* skit takeoff wasnt too bad.

it was just too over the top stupid.

Kidhuman
01-29-2007, 06:24 AM
OMG!!!! a SMO sighting, welcome back.

JediTricks
01-29-2007, 09:34 PM
I can't believe this movie was #1 at the box office last weekend. I suppose this is one of those times when the studio not screening a film for critics in advance is a wise choice, but all the word-of-mouth I've seen from regular folks say this movie is an utter waste of your time and money.

UKWildcat
02-21-2008, 07:54 PM
I saw maybe 5 minutes of this the other night on HBO and had to change the channel. It was that bad. Worse than Date Movie, which I didn't even think was possible.

My guess is that Epic Movie will be just as bad as Date Movie and will narrowly escape IMDBs Bottom 100 list, just like Date Movie.

Just checked and this bad boy is on IMDB's Bottom 100 list, at #61. Boy was I wrong about that one. Date movie is still narrowly escaping the list.

Sheesh. How do these movies get made? And then Meet the Spartans? Just checked and Spartans and it is #91 on the Bottom 100. This Friedberg fellow just needs to stop making movies, why people fund them? I haven't a clue. Truly mind boggling.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-21-2008, 08:09 PM
I saw maybe 5 minutes of this the other night on HBO and had to change the channel. It was that bad. Worse than Date Movie, which I didn't even think was possible.

Just checked and this bad boy is on IMDB's Bottom 100 list, at #61. Boy was I wrong about that one. Date movie is still narrowly escaping the list.

Sheesh. How do these movies get made? And then Meet the Spartans? Just checked and Spartans and it is #91 on the Bottom 100. This Friedberg fellow just needs to stop making movies, why people fund them? I haven't a clue. Truly mind boggling.If one makes money, then they'll keep making them as long as they do. I've not seen any of these, but the previews look amusing. Movies like Airplane, Naked Gun and Hot Shots made these parody things popular, and now they bang out cheap imitations base on whatever is popular at the moment. I wouldn't mind seeing some of them though if I ever had the chance.

UKWildcat
02-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Thats true. So I guess the blame goes on the people who miraculously fork over the money and see these pieces of crap in the theater, and on DVD. I wouldn't bother with them MSP, but to each his own. Live and learn.

And I don't agree with all aspects of the IMDB rating system (as I've stressed before), but I certainly agree here - there is a reason these three movies, Date, Epic, Spartans, average a 2.5 out of 10 on their rating system; they truly are horrendous. Granted, I haven't seen Spartans, nor do I want to, but I can only imagine.

Rocketboy
02-21-2008, 09:17 PM
These movie might be humorous as a 3 minute internet video, but as 90 minute movies? No thanks.