PDA

View Full Version : The Wal Mart wave....

General_Grievous
01-15-2007, 05:01 PM
SAGA-070: Aurra Sing (Bespin)
SAGA-071: Kitik Keed'kak
SAGA-072: Kabe & Nabrun Leids
SAGA-073: Labria
SAGA-074: R4-M6 (Mace Windu's Astromech Droid)

When is this wave supposed to hit? I want my Kitik Keed'kak!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-15-2007, 05:42 PM
It was supposed to be around now-ish. I have yet to see them and I check every few days. :upset:

bobafrett
01-15-2007, 08:41 PM
I haven't seen anything new for awhile at my store, but then we still had tons of the "Greatest" series leftover from Christmastime. Shame as they could have sold more of them but they sat in a trailer, while the pegs sat empty through Christmas, now they just got reduced to $5.00. I don't know when we'll see this wave at my store.

figrin bran
01-15-2007, 10:34 PM
i have zero confidence that my local WM's will get any of this wave in and so i'll just have to forgo them.

i'm still looking for the Cantina bands tins. if anyone would be so kind to help me with one, i'd pay you back cost + shipping and even a few bucks for your efforts.

Kidhuman
01-15-2007, 11:12 PM
My WM hasnt even packed out wave 8, so I dont expect these out for a few weeks here. We are chock full of H&V round htese parts, an end cap full, 14 pegs in one aiasle and 8 pegs in another and all run deep.

Battle Droid
01-16-2007, 12:19 AM
Hopefully no time soon since I haven't even found Wave 8 yet.

timmae
01-16-2007, 12:29 AM
wow, just looked at them on ebay. gotta find these.

jedi master sal
01-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Haven't seen these either. I'm still getting caught up on wv8. Haven't seen wv9 yet and I want to build up the Kashyyyk clones, so I kinda hope the wv10 WM exclusive wave will hold off for a bit.

Hasbro mentioned getting the new 2007 fig in March so I see us getting the rest of wv8 this month with the last week starting to get wv9, then the first two weeks wv9 will still be shipping, the the last two weeks of Feb., we'll probably see the WM wave.

Just a guess, but man, that would sure work out for me. Give me a little "Breather" bewteen waves.

JON9000
01-16-2007, 12:29 PM
If recent experience with year end is any guide, these bad boys could be scarce. I hear wallyworld is making an effort to 2-pack out the old figures... this would be nice for me, since I never got any of the Endor wave and there are a few I would buy at $5 a figure, namely, the gunner, 3po, and the endor soldier. I just scored a Veers last night at Target for $6.

Anyway, the current clearance could be a move to make way for the new figs.

Jargo
01-17-2007, 08:04 AM
shame Kitik is the wrong colour. single carding her it gave H an opportunity to redo her green like she is in the movie.

I think Kitik and R4-M6 are all I'll get from this wave. if at all. already got Kabe, already customised my Labria and Nabrun Leids to be more movie accurate. and Aurra thing can rot on the pegs for all i care.

I hope they put R4-M6's middle leg in the right way round unlike R4-K5 who is a freaky mutant with his middle leg facing backwards.

Tycho
01-17-2007, 08:34 AM
It's been pointed out that I like to list stuff. Is there a name for that obsessive-compulsive dysfunction? Anyway, it's sort of fun to jog my brain and challenge my memory to list stuff. If it was too easy or routine, it would be boring. If it was too difficult or even something halfway intelligent to do, I wouldn't bother (as for when I just wanted to waste time). As it stands right now, it seems like a perfect idea to use to waste some time. It's 5:20am and I haven't fallen asleep. So I'll list stuff.

That being said, my list will be about what figures are still on the pegs at my stores (Wal-Mart and Target, add a lot of Geonosians for Toys R Us)

C-3PO Ewok Diety
C-3PO on Tantive IV (I think this is E3 Greatest Battles)
Padme Mustafar (E3 Greatest Battles?)
Wookiee Warrior (E3 Greatest Battles?)
Lushros Dofine
Naboo Soldier
Barada
Power Droid
Moff Jerjerrod
R4-G9

Anyway, my stores have enough of these that they won't be needing to order any more at any point soon.

Those are 10 figures, and just 2 of two of them, would indicate to the computer that a whole case is in stock (whether they're hidden under the shelves or not - that's not how the store orders and stocks). So unless these are clearanced or bought by people who don't have these figures yet we're facing a logjam.

dindae
01-17-2007, 09:59 AM
SAGA-071: Kitik Keed'kak - I will wait to see if this is any different but right now looks like a pass

SAGA-072: Kabe & Nabrun Leids - The new paint job on Nabrun looked better months ago not as excited about it now.

SAGA-073: Labria - glad to get a better paint job on this figure

SAGA-074: R4-M6 (Mace Windu's Astromech Droid) - meh can't go wrong with astromechs I guess.

I have a bunch of WMs in my area that I check. So I'm sure I will get these if I look hard enough unless it's so short packed that they only hit the shelves once and it falls on a weekend.

DarkArtist
01-17-2007, 10:02 AM
yet to see wave 8 or the Wm figures and I have been checking daily at the WM by me. No cantina sets either just ROTS, AOTC, and ANH sets.

dindae
01-17-2007, 10:35 AM
I don't think anyone has seen the WM wave yet at least in the US.

JON9000
01-17-2007, 01:29 PM
and it's unlikely half than half of us ever will.

Tycho
01-17-2007, 02:09 PM
I can't stress this enough: buy whatever on eBay 2-3 years after you have missed any general release.

What I mean by that is this: no big deal if you don't get these figures during 2007 - just in case you don't.

You might see them only 2-3 MONTHS after others here do. You might see them in clearance in practically 2008.

If you miss them entirely in 2007, and don't even find them in 2008, the price will drop ridiculously close to retail by 2009. If it doesn't, you'll still be paying in 2009 only what you might have paid by jumping the gun for these here in 2007.

Impatience is not a virtue.

Blue2th
01-17-2007, 03:24 PM
So does anybody have pics of these? I can't seem to find any archive with them. Wanted to see if Kit was the wrong color as DP mentioned. I was hoping he would be green dang it. I already have the K-Mart brown one. Is Aurra Sing (Bespin) based on an EU comic, or is her garb just made up out of the blue? I imagine Mace's droid is based on the Clone Wars animated series one in the ROTS style Starfighter?

El Chuxter
01-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Didn't realize that Aurra was supposed to be from Bespin. The figure is wearing black, and I believe she has a hood. I'm also 99% sure that she comes with at least one lightsaber. She looks sort of like a Dark Jedi Joan Jett, only more "creepy alien" and less "riot grrrl hotness."

And Mace's astromech is purple. Don't recall the model, though.

Jargo
01-17-2007, 04:21 PM
from the carded pics I've seen, Kitik still looks brown. but if those were just salesman samples then change could have been made to her colour. I've repainted mine from the cantina 3-pack. looks a bit odd in the harsh light of day but at night with lamps on she looks great. at the right end of the bar with the right characters round her she looks just right.

R4-M6 with an R2 dome rather than an R4 angular tall head. strange how the droid has a silver head with purple markings. thought it might have had a gold chromium dome to match his saber.... purple black and gold.

Tycho
01-17-2007, 04:22 PM
The Aurra Sing (a straight repaint of the 2001 POTJ figure) comes from the one-shot comic book from the Bounty Hunter series, titled "Aurra Sing."

In it, a "priest" from some strange religious sect hires Sing to eliminate a pirate. The pirate has hired two shapeshifters to pose as him to help offset assasination attempts. The priest tells her she must search air, water, and land - something like that - to find the pirate, as the shapeshifters were paid to immitate him.

Sing decides she will kill all 3, so that she can be sure. The water world is Hoth - as snow is frozen water. Sing disguises herself as a Wampa to do the job actually. The land, or dirt world is Tatooine, of course - because many Star Wars authors are either unoriginal or think they can capitalize on the popularity of things already seen in George Lucas' movies because fans are too unsophistocated to appreciate anything new. Anyway, Bespin is a gas giant, so it qualifies as the Air Planet, and Aurra dresses as this new figure is dressed, and she rides a Trade Federation STAP to do the deed.

Anyway, it turns out that the shapeshifters were not twins - they were triplets. And in a strange twist, the priest that hired her was actually an ex-Jedi, who was once male, and who had a sex change and religion change to complete his/her disguise. Ugggh. It makes me shudder. Anyway she killed "IT" as well, as she doesn't like Jedi, nor does she like being taken advantage of. Her client was on Endor of all unoriginal locations. But I suppose the author left the bit about the sex change to be the real piece of original shock material. And just when you thought the EU was predictable...

Why did Hasbro make a figure of this Aurra Sing?

1) It was a cheap way to do a repaint

2) It offered something different to sell to SUCKERS who collect this crap something to buy because they are blatant, stupid idiots who still behave as completists because they'd have no life without Hasbro managing it for them (let alone they might go on eBay if they can't find this during the first HOUR someone posts it has been released)

3) Aurra Sing hasn't been offered in 6 years, so it seemed reasonable

4) This comic provided a visual reference, as Hasbro is convinced we don't see the Complete Guide to Characters books that illustrate NOVEL CHARACTERS as well as comic-appearing ones alike

Blue2th
01-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Thanks, actually that sounds like a cool EU story. At least this is a character in a story and not from some concept drawing. Though I guess I need to read that comic to find out how in the world she could possibly disquise herself as a Wampa? A baby Wampa perhaps, given the size difference? I guess she's no worse than the rest of this craptastic wave.

Tycho
01-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I think it was a baby wampa. Aurra killed it and gutted it, than wore its carcass like a fur coat. One of the shapeshifters had shot a clan of Wampas with tranquilizers and then attached electro-stimulus-response devices on their heads and into their brains so he could control them. He then lived with the clan. That's sort of far-fetched, because even if that were possible, what sort of mercenary hires out for money he can't possibly spend if he's living like a primative? For how long can he last like that?

Jargo
01-17-2007, 05:42 PM
some people like to accumulate and sit on their riches like uncle scrooge the duck and old king cole and bill gates...

abell748
01-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Over at RS they have carded pictures up. They also have the case breakdown from 4inches.com. It looks like the WM wave is going to be 1 each per case (but we do get 2 Bespin Confession Vaders in the case..yippie!!!). Thanks Hasblow, you have really screwed the pooch for a lot of people this time if the case breakdown holds true.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Old Fossil
01-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Over at RS they have carded pictures up. They also have the case breakdown from 4inches.com. It looks like the WM wave is going to be 1 each per case (but we do get 2 Bespin Confession Vaders in the case..yippie!!!). Thanks Hasblow, you have really screwed the pooch for a lot of people this time if the case breakdown holds true.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah, this could end up becoming the scarcest wave of the whole Saga line. Not all Wal-Marts will get the wave, the new figures are shortpacked... Wave 10 is doomed before it even gets to the pegs.

On the plus side, scalpers will be overjoyed!:upset:

Blue2th
01-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Well, after looking at these, Kitkeedktatkkat- kitty-kat or Mantis thing-whatever is definitely not green. The others I can do without also. Auura is kinda odd, but what I expected. Mace's droid though would look good next to some California Raisins, like the rest of his squad. Too bad I really like this card design. It would be nice to get these for a complete(ist) collection. Oh well, whatever.

jedi master sal
01-22-2007, 12:18 AM
Well, after looking at these, Kitkeedktatkkat- kitty-kat or Mantis thing-whatever is definitely not green. The others I can do without also. Auura is kinda odd, but what I expected. Mace's droid though would look good next to some California Raisins, like the rest of his squad. Too bad I really like this card design. It would be nice to get these for a complete(ist) collection. Oh well, whatever.

From what I'm reading on this site and other collecting sites though, it seems colelctors are mixed as to what figures they want to get from this wave. For instance, I want to get the Aurra and Mace R2, while I've read others not wanting to get anywhere close to the Aurra fig.

Really I think the one that will be the hardest is the Mace R2. But for those that didn't pick up some of the cantina figs the first or second go around, I can see them selling.

Really, I don't see this wave pegging much if at all. But I also thing for the most part, we'll be able to get the ones we want.

El Chuxter
01-22-2007, 11:52 AM
I want the R4, and maybe Aurra if she looks good in person. The rest are total passers.

bigbarada
01-22-2007, 12:10 PM
KittyKat-Kak is the stupidest alien design in the history of Star Wars (yes even worse than the Kaminoans). I never wanted an action figure of it and never do.

I also really think it's silly that, since Samuel L. Jackson's favorite color is purple, then everything that Mace is associated with has to be purple. That's idiotic.

El Chuxter
01-22-2007, 12:13 PM
I agree.

But it's still an astromech. I may be sick of clones, but astromechs are a different story.

Darth Cruel
01-29-2007, 09:50 AM
I found this wave at Wal-Mart this morning. They must have had 6 or 7 cases up. That completes The Saga Collection for me (basic carded figures, anyway).

Tycho
01-29-2007, 10:00 AM
My Wal-Mart's been getting those in but the trouble is that I don't want any of those.

Where is my wave 9 figure cases?

Ephantmon
01-29-2007, 10:46 AM
If you find the wal-mart wave and don't want them please feel free to hook me up with them

JON9000
01-29-2007, 10:49 AM
I heard the last wave is completely short-packed. I'll have to get to the store today and see what I can see.

CrunchyNug
01-29-2007, 08:41 PM
I found the entire wave over the weekend in the long cases that sit on the endcaps. There were 8 cases total.

Originally, I only wanted R4 and Kitik Keed'kak, but upon closer inpection, I changed my mind to R4, Aurra Sing, and Kabe & Nabrun Leids.

In other words, what I THOUGHT I wanted looked like crap, and what I thought I DIDN'T want looked cool.

jedi master sal
01-30-2007, 08:37 AM
I found the entire wave over the weekend in the long cases that sit on the endcaps. There were 8 cases total.

Originally, I only wanted R4 and Kitik Keed'kak, but upon closer inpection, I changed my mind to R4, Aurra Sing, and Kabe & Nabrun Leids.

In other words, what I THOUGHT I wanted looked like crap, and what I thought I DIDN'T want looked cool.

Dang, I just need the Astro droid and Aurra. I haven't seen these yet. If these start pegging folks, please consider hooking up your fellow forumites. (It helps get product out of your locl stores too, so it helps you indirectly.)

-Sal

Phantom-like Menace
01-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Yep, I don't usually make a general request, but if anyone buys extra of Mace's unit, I'd love to reimburse someone plus a little extra for his or her trouble.

DarkArtist
01-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Spoke with my local Walmart Toy Manager last night and asked why the store has been dry of product since October 2006. he told me that since it is not a movie year they are cutting back on merchandise this year and focusing on themes from Ghost Rider, Transformers, and Spiderman.
I also stated that Walmart was to have 6 exclusive items to their stores to which he replied that it's up to Hasbro to decided what stores get what products. He then directed me to shop at another Walmart (Woodbridge NJ) because they are a larger store and thus get more product.
He said a good way to tell if product is on order or in transit is to look at the peg barcodes. according per day they scan the barcodes and check their inventory, if they have a yellow mark it means that the product is on order and will get here when it is ready for shipping. If they have a blue mark on the barcodes then it means that the product has shipped and is in transit.
After this conversation it occured to me that if I want to get the last waves of Saga figures I am either going to have to search other stores or the internet.

dindae
01-31-2007, 10:00 AM
I also stated that Walmart was to have 6 exclusive items to their stores to which he replied that it's up to Hasbro to decided what stores get what products. He then directed me to shop at another Walmart (Woodbridge NJ) because they are a larger store and thus get more product.

This makes me think you have been handed a big steaming pile. Hasbro is not going to tell Wal-Mart anything about how to run there business. They can't even get them to seperate the different lines of titaniums or seperate the greatest hits from the normal figures. Now I do believe what was said that since Star Wars is not in a movie year you won't see as much as others but last year wasn't a movie year either so I wouldn't expect too much of a cut back.

JON9000
01-31-2007, 10:38 AM
I have two Wal-marts within easy distance. One is small and the other, while not a Super, is still pretty big. The small store is completely overloaded with every type of action figure, and the aisle is always a disgrace. They have tons of Naboo figures overloading about two rows of pegs.

This is why I hate the transformers line and the Battlepacks, they crowd regular figures down to a couple of pegs.

The bigger store aisle is practically empty, with about twenty figures on 12 or so pegs. It's been that way since Christmas. Same with TRU. It's annoying, especially since I hate wave 8 and really want wave 9 and the Wally Wave.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-31-2007, 11:24 AM
Checked a wal-mart yesterday; nothing. Checking another one today after I get done teaching.

Does anybody have the UPC's for some of these figures so I can telexon these bad boys? :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
01-31-2007, 12:57 PM
This makes me think you have been handed a big steaming pile. Hasbro is not going to tell Wal-Mart anything about how to run there business. They can't even get them to seperate the different lines of titaniums or seperate the greatest hits from the normal figures. Now I do believe what was said that since Star Wars is not in a movie year you won't see as much as others but last year wasn't a movie year either so I wouldn't expect too much of a cut back.

as far as the cutback issue, last year the Old Bridge Walmart had close to ten pegs just for the Saga Collection along with an endcap with about another 6 or so pegs. they also had at one point close to 5 of the leftover Mustafar's and a ton of the Jedi Starfighters. so far this year their shelve space has been cut back to only six pegs total for regular figures (marked $6.63 and $5.00) two pegs for the Unleashed Battlepacks, and one peg marked Expanded Universe.

I too think that the manager was giving me some made up sh** as well and if he was he deserves the Oscar for best performance as a BullSh** Artist.
The other thing that ****ed me off about my conversation with the manager was the fact that when I mentioned that both customers and sales associates were going up to the registers they were carrying whole cases of figures. When I stated this to him, he gave me a look and said, we ask them not to open the sealed stuff but it is first come first served.

My major concern is come end of Feb beginning of March when the 30th waves hit retail. will Walmart be the place to find them or is it going to be weekly trips to Target and TRU ? not that I have a problem traveling to get the figures I want but Walmart is around the corner from my place, can basically walk there.

JON9000
01-31-2007, 01:05 PM
The other thing that ****ed me off about my conversation with the manager was the fact that when I mentioned that both customers and sales associates were going up to the registers they were carrying whole cases of figures. When I stated this to him, he gave me a look and said, we ask them not to open the sealed stuff but it is first come first served.

Well, now we are getting back to the old argument about what the store's responsibility is. Honestly, I do not care what Wal-mart does here with regular figures, but when they have exclusives, there should be some system in place to ensure it doesn't happen. Of course, when stores like Target refuse to go into the stockroom for customers, truly making it a luck-of-the-draw thing, they get slagged as well.

At the end of the day, the retailer just wants to put the dollars into the register, the hell with whomever buys the figures. It sucks, but I am resigned to it.

Tycho
01-31-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm not sure we'll see the TAC in March. It will be more like April.

The alternative is that Wave 9 and Wal-Mart Wave 10 will get blown out on clearence and many of us won't stand a chance.

However, my Wal-Mart's gotten plenty of Wave 10, without having received No. 9 to my knowledge. :rolleyes:

mtriv73
01-31-2007, 05:31 PM
Found wave 10 in Maryland today.

JON9000
01-31-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm not worried about TAC showing up. It's always the figures at the tail end of a line that end up being a royal pain in the bum to find.

Jayspawn
01-31-2007, 05:58 PM
I hear that Jon9000!

However I was actually able to walk into a Wal-Mart this afternoon and actually FIND the wave! I only bought Kitik, Yarael, and the Droids.

jamesbondo07
01-31-2007, 11:13 PM
I got the entire Wal-Mart wave today.

Ephantmon
02-01-2007, 12:17 PM
These haven't hit Omaha, NE yet so if there is anyone that would be willing to hook me up with a set it would be greatly appreciated.

Phil
phlipper76@aol.com

Slicker
02-01-2007, 01:17 PM
They haven't hit in alot of places yet. I'm in Virginia Beach and we usually get things a week or so after they pop up but still nothing. I'm just gonna sit back and wait. They'll show.

El Chuxter
02-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Found 'em in Beaumont, CA, but not in Hemet, 30 miles away.

I got myself the Astromech and Aurra (she looked pretty decent). The others I found are already spoken for, though.

DarthBrandon
02-01-2007, 01:57 PM
If anyone spots the black & purple R2 units, I was wondering if yopu could hook me up. We probably won't receive these up in Canada. Thanks in advance

Slicker
02-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Well, this wave was apparently at a local WM as I only found the Aurra Sing. I wish I had gotten the rest. It'd be weird to get wave 10 before 9 though.

jedi master sal
02-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Well, this wave was apparently at a local WM as I only found the Aurra Sing. I wish I had gotten the rest. It'd be weird to get wave 10 before 9 though.

No my friend, such is the power of Wal*Mart...

Kidhuman
02-02-2007, 05:11 PM
I hera ya Slick, got all of wave 10 today(exclusive figs, left the rest as they are repacks from earlier waves). I still dont have wave 9 nor have I seen anything from it. Target here still hasnt gotten any basic figs from before Christmas.

AmanaMatt
02-02-2007, 11:06 PM
One cool thing about Texas and the fact that there are 400,000 Walmarts within a mile of each other: figs are not hard to find, usually.

Scored the Walmart exclusive wave, but past of Aurra Sing - what a crappy repaint.

The Appo wave is a nice one; I love all the clones, and Vader's droid.

El Chuxter
02-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Waves 9 & 10 have been hitting around here. I've found the entire set by hitting a few stores.

Appo seems to be the toughie to find. :(

Luuuuuuke
02-03-2007, 01:34 AM
Waves 9 & 10 have been hitting around here. I've found the entire set by hitting a few stores.

Appo seems to be the toughie to find. :(

I think Appo is the shortpacked one. There were 6 Kashyyk Troopers at the Target I went to this morning but only 4 Appos. Personally I like Appo more because without the pauldron, he's a kick-*** SA 501st. One Commander Appo with the pauldron is all I want.

abell748
02-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Dang, I found the leftovers from both wave 9 and 10. I found 3 WM wave figs ( I still need Aurra and Labria). I also came across 1 Combat Engineer from wave 9. The wave 9 worries me because I wanted all of it except the Padme. It was not a total letdown though, I did hit the Ilum Battlepack.

Darth Cruel
02-03-2007, 10:33 AM
OK! Here is one for the books. Not only is wave ten finally hitting the last Wal-Mart in my area. But they are on sale for 4.00. And here is a kicker, there is wave 9 as well, also on sale.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Went to Wal-Mart today. Checked the endcap and saw a Chewie with C-3PO so I knew they got some new figures in. Went to the regular section and found a few Endor Lukes, which I still needed. Almost didn't see the Wal-Mart exclusive wave, but saw a couple laying on top of lightsabers just below the figures. Found Nabrun & Kabe, Kitik and Labria. Went back to the endcap and found R4-M6 at the back of a peg. Couldn't find Aurra, but overall a good day as I found a couple Titanium vehicles at Fred Meyer and Wave 9 at Target. I only got three from wave 9 since I have a case on it's way from EE.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-03-2007, 04:30 PM
MSP- Endor Lukes?!? seriously?! My buddy has been looking for those for months and finally just bought the Tattoine battlepack for the Jedi luke. Those bad boys were gone SO FAST around here. good find!

My Father called today from back home informing me that he was finally able to track them down. I was pretty content as I haven't found shizzle here in Toledo. EVERY store just has C-3PO and jerrod or whatever. Thank God. :thumbsup:

Snowtrooper
02-04-2007, 05:02 PM
I got most of the Wal-Mart wave yesterday. The only thing that was missing was Mace Windu's droid. I shouldn't have too much trouble finding him later.

Luuuuuuke
02-04-2007, 05:28 PM
In theory this wave should be easy to eventually find since there's no army builders in it. I'm only interested in some of the figures, so I'm not sweating looking for this yet. But with exclusives, you never know how many are made, and how long a ride they'll get.

Kidhuman
02-04-2007, 08:01 PM
MSP- Endor Lukes?!? seriously?! My buddy has been looking for those for months and finally just bought the Tattoine battlepack for the Jedi luke. Those bad boys were gone SO FAST around here. good find!

Yes they are shipping with the WM wave as filler. Also in there is Obi-Wan from the TPM wave, Chewie with 3po and others.

Jango Speck
02-04-2007, 09:06 PM
OK! Here is one for the books. Not only is wave ten finally hitting the last Wal-Mart in my area. But they are on sale for 4.00. And here is a kicker, there is wave 9 as well, also on sale.

Well, all Saga figs have been $3.50 each since last summer at the Panorama City WM- except for GB and HV, which have been full price the whole time.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Yes they are shipping with the WM wave as filler. Also in there is Obi-Wan from the TPM wave, Chewie with 3po and others.
Ah, that explains why I saw several Chewies and perhaps an Obi-Wan or two but nothing else from that wave other than what was in the two packs.

Jaff
02-05-2007, 12:15 AM
I found my Wal-Mart wave today, cracked open the case myself, but my store was only shipped one case. Within the case was 1 x Elite corps trooper, 1 x Sargeant Clone, 1 x Vader lightning, 1 x kit, 1 x Nabrun, 1 x Aurra, 1 x purple astro, 1 Labria, 1 x Chewie, 1 x Scorch, 1 Luke Endor, and one of the clone repaints. Why didn't they release 2 of each new figures and 2 repaints. What baffled me more was why Scorch was in the case.

Jaff
02-05-2007, 12:17 AM

My Father called today from back home informing me that he was finally able to track them down. I was pretty content as I haven't found shizzle here in Toledo. EVERY store just has C-3PO and jerrod or whatever. Thank God. :thumbsup:

You know Guyute Toledo used to be my favorite place to hunt. The target by Franklin was my favorite, and Monarch Comics (when they ordered SW figures) by southwick mall were cool stops. I miss it there!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-05-2007, 12:34 AM
You know Guyute Toledo used to be my favorite place to hunt. The target by Franklin was my favorite, and Monarch Comics (when they ordered SW figures) by southwick mall were cool stops. I miss it there!

Jaff- i just moved to Toledo in August for school (i'm a Grad Student/T.A. at UT) and i enjoy it. Hunting is usually pretty decent, but lately, there hasn't been that much around here. The Target on monroe hasn't gotten in any new figures, but i did get the Illum BP there today. The wal-marts on Central and Glendale are also bare, but i did find some non-SW figures i needed. Luckily, my folks look for figures too, so i'm always going to track stuff down..eventually. :thumbsup:

Old Fossil
02-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Found this wave today. I only got the purple droid, though. Wave 9 is still AWOL in my area, dang it.

I seriously considered getting Labria and Nabrun Leids/Kabe... the redeco is very good on them, though Labria seemed to have jaundice, or mustard smeared on his forehead. But the $6.63 price tag changed my mind. I only got the droid 'cause he's so darn cute.:love:

JON9000
02-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Of the repaints, I have to give the trophy to Nabrun Leids. He looked terrible in the old '99 Cantina Aliens pack and the new paint really makes the figure "pop". Although he has no new articulation, I didn't mind throwing down some cash for him. I've now seen every figure from waves 8, 9, and 10 so they must be fairly plentiful out there.

Phantom-like Menace
02-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Nabrun? Really? Huh. I do like the better paint job on his head and gun, but the outfit reminded me of Barbarella. I did get those two for Kabe though. I never got the other version, but unfortunately I never got a second Foul Moudama to stand in for Muftak (don't care about the slightly different color).

Otherwise, I grabbed Mace's astromech, which I never figured I would find, so I am current on astromechs now.

tagmac
02-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Found one of each in Wal-Mart, but I only bough Aurra and Kitik...Mace's droid was tempting, but I thought Vader's droid looked cooler and bought it instead. Didn't need another Labria, Nabrun Leids, or Muftak, so I left those as well.

jedi master sal
02-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Dang, I still haven't seen any from this wave at all. I'm just wanting the Mace Droid and Aurra....crap in a hat.

General_Grievous
02-15-2007, 11:42 AM
I ordered Kitik online. I'd rather not go on an endless chase for it, so I just took the easy way out. Besides, my Wal Mart restocks once every two months.

Qui-Long Gone
02-15-2007, 11:53 AM
I ordered Kitik online. I'd rather not go on an endless chase for it, so I just took the easy way out. Besides, my Wal Mart restocks once every two months.

So we shop near the same Wal Mart....our stocks once every two years....:tired:

Mad Slanted Powers
02-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Looks like I should have checked earlier in the week. I didn't see any of this wave last week, but saw two Kitik's today. Still looking for Aurra.

Val Da Car
02-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Looks like I should have checked earlier in the week. I didn't see any of this wave last week, but saw two Kitik's today. Still looking for Aurra.

I know the feeling I only got Labria today.

First and only time I have seen the figures

Qui-Long Gone
02-17-2007, 11:07 PM
My wife saw the new wave at the "Mart" today but didn't know which ones I might want....I went back later in the day but they were ALL GONE!!!!

abell748
02-18-2007, 08:22 AM
I had found all of them but the Aurra at the 'Mart. I got tired of looking for this figure, so I pulled the trigger on one for $13 including shipping online. I hate doing that, but I the money I would save in gas is worth it. Since I foud the other 4 at retail, that aslo made paying extra for her a little easier to swallow.

DarkArtist
02-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Hey did you guys know that Lambria and Kitik Keed'kak have camoes AOTC......... at least that's what the bases say anyway. how can Hasbro keep making these mistakes. I mean what's next a Jedi Luke Skywalker figure with a TPM Coin or base ?

Qui-Long Gone
02-20-2007, 10:01 PM
a Jedi Luke Skywalker figure with a TPM Coin or base ?

IS THAT A VARIANT....YOU COULD TOTALLY GET LIKE $20 FOR THAT ON EBAY....

General_Grievous
02-22-2007, 08:08 PM
Hey did you guys know that Lambria and Kitik Keed'kak have camoes AOTC......... at least that's what the bases say anyway. how can Hasbro keep making these mistakes. I mean what's next a Jedi Luke Skywalker figure with a TPM Coin or base ?

Yeah, those were annoying. But it doesn't matter anymore since TSC is now officially over.

BanthaPoodoo
02-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Found a bunch of stuff today... bought the Kashyykk Battle Droids, Commander Appo, Engineer Clone, Darth Droid, Mace Droid, Kitik Keed'Kak.... but idiot me left the other 4 Wal-Mart figures... may have to go back & get em if they have any left......

I feel like such a dunce .... [smacks head]

Darth Cruel
03-16-2007, 06:40 PM
There were 5 fresh cases of wave 10 at my local Wal-Mart this morning. Did Scorch come in a wave 10 revision? There were 5 of him there as well!

Kidhuman
03-16-2007, 06:43 PM
He might have as they did repack alot of prior figures in with the final 5. Disregard what I said about him being in wave 8 in the wave 9 thread. I found Chewie Bespin, Luke Endor, and various other figures with wave 10 pack outs