PDA

View Full Version : wave 14??

joshephe
01-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Did anyone even see this one in stores Paploo on speeder?

Slicker
01-16-2007, 05:20 PM
What other vehicles were in this wave?

Today I just picked up the Maul Sith Speeder wave but don't recall ever seeing the Paploo on Speeder Bike.

I do remember seeing pictures though.

Kidhuman
01-16-2007, 07:31 PM
I never saw Paploo in the stores. I did see the Endor AT-AT and AT-ST which I believe were in this wave. I need Paploo on speeder bike badly.

Val Da Car
01-16-2007, 09:17 PM
At WM tonight and found all the pieces but Paploo

figrin bran
01-17-2007, 12:31 AM
i have paploo but that was back in december and i haven't seen any new SW titaniums ever since.

dindae
01-17-2007, 09:13 AM
I was fortunate enough to get caught up just before Christmas. I picked them all up at Target I believe. Since they aren't going to be refreshing these waves I would look at Hasbrotoyshop.com. They have most in stock and their shipping is reasonable plus no sales tax. Since we have nearly 10% in TN it is almost a wash on the shipping. If they every got their act together and had never figures on the site for more then ten minutes, I would probably order from them most of the time.

joshephe
01-17-2007, 09:42 AM
paploo on the stolen speederbike is not for sale there

jonthejedi
01-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Actually found AT-TE, Patrol Dewback & Invisible Hand at local TRU today...and I'm not even caught up on the last two waves.

dindae
01-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Guess I'm not caught up anymore. :sad:

Kidhuman
01-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Guess I'm not caught up anymore. :sad:

Me either. :mebs:

JediTricks
01-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Wave 14:

Endor AT-AT
Amidala's Star Skiff
Ewok on Speeder Bike
Anakin's Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter
General Grievous' Starfighter
Battlestar Galactica "Scar" Cylon Raider Wave 15:

Darth Vader's Sith Starfighter
AT-ST
Maul on Sith Speeder
Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Ring
Tantive IV
Battlestar Galactica Classic Colonial Viper And prepare for misery, the current Wave 15 case (wave 15, revision 1) refreshes everything in Wave 14 EXCEPT for the Ewok on Speederbike.

Man, I still need everything listed there except the Amidala Star Skiff. :(

Slicker
01-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Wave 14:
Endor AT-AT
Amidala's Star Skiff
Ewok on Speeder Bike
Battlestar Galactica "Scar" Cylon RaiderWave 15:
AT-ST
Maul on Sith Speeder
Tantive IV
Battlestar Galactica Classic Colonial ViperWow. I didn't realize how far behind I was.

I'm missing the AT-ST, AT-AT, GG Fighter, Paploo on Speederbike, and the Ep. II Starfighter.

joshephe
01-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Wave 14:
Endor AT-AT
Amidala's Star Skiff
Ewok on Speeder Bike
Battlestar Galactica "Scar" Cylon RaiderWave 15:
AT-ST
Maul on Sith Speeder
Tantive IV
Battlestar Galactica Classic Colonial ViperAnd prepare for misery, the current Wave 15 case (wave 15, revision 1) refreshes everything in Wave 14 EXCEPT for the Ewok on Speederbike.

Man, I still need everything listed there except the Amidala Star Skiff. :(

of that list I only need Grievouis star fighter, ewok on speederbike and endor AT-AT

Kidhuman
01-18-2007, 11:42 PM
I onmly need the Ewok on Speeder, Slick I might be able to score some of that wave for you.

Warstar
01-19-2007, 12:38 AM
Dang it! >_<!

I collect for one to keep in package and one to open, and I usually buy what I see immediately in case I never find the ships again...and I had 3 Paploo's at one point but I took one of them back for the $$$- leaving me with my one to open, one to close...

I've not seen them on the shelves since- not even where I returned my Paploo. :(

IF I see more, however, I'll pick 'em up and post back :( Didn't know these would be tough to come by...

Seems to happen a lot- same thing happened with Mace's JSF too!

Any more people need that will be rare?

BTW- snagged ONE Obi's AOTC JSF with Ring at Target- all they had- and it is hands down THE most amazing Titanium 3" ship yet! I can't wait to find one to open!

Oh and a BIG BIG BIG w00t to Darth Michael and Ascmclarencoupe for helping me catch up! :D

LTBasker
01-19-2007, 02:28 AM
I am so bloody far behind, I'll probably have to resort to ebay to catch up. The Wal-mart's here don't even have areas for Titaniums as far as I can tell so who knows the next time I'll see them at retail. :mad:

jonthejedi
01-19-2007, 03:40 AM
WalMarts been a lost cause with Titaniums in my neighborhood. I'm seeing them better restocked at Target the last few days...but someone's putting them w/Transformers section further down the aisle from SW reset...making them harder to spot.

Slicker
01-19-2007, 10:13 AM
I onmly need the Ewok on Speeder, Slick I might be able to score some of that wave for you.Don't go out of your way to get 'em but if you can that'd be sweet.

I'll just have to pay in cash as I would assume you're caught up on everything else.

Kidhuman
01-19-2007, 04:03 PM
I got you the Endor AT-AT Slick. If you get an extra Paploo I will take it.

Warstar
01-19-2007, 09:00 PM
Scored 4 Paploo's today for anyone who needs them- see the other thread I started- 2 may be spoken for though!

Found a variation in Amidala's Starship, too- the later ones I have seen have a black wash on them, making them look kinda dirty- the early ones don't have this-

The BSG Original Viper has this variation too- it's distinct- pics to come!

Kidhuman
01-19-2007, 09:33 PM
WarStar PM sent.

JediTricks
01-19-2007, 10:56 PM
Wow. I didn't realize how far behind I was.

I'm missing the AT-ST, AT-AT, GG Fighter, Paploo on Speederbike, and the Ep. II Starfighter.Yeah, I know, I felt the same way when I heard wave 15 hit. I saw your post in the spotter thread so you know that the wave after 15 is out as well but you

Found a variation in Amidala's Starship, too- the later ones I have seen have a black wash on them, making them look kinda dirty- the early ones don't have this-

The BSG Original Viper has this variation too- it's distinct- pics to come!My Amidala Star Skiff has the heavy black wash on it and I found it over a month ago, so no way it's the "later" variation there.

Warstar
01-20-2007, 02:43 PM
No kidding, JT? I have seen several Starship shipments at probably 5 or more stores WITHOUT the heavy black wash on them- they have the black detail lines but no wash, and some of the line details are better than others. I got my original Amidala Starships back in early December, and all of the ones I had seen up until yesterday did not have the wash on them.

Yestersday's shipment on the pegs was the first time I had ever seen the black wash on the Amidala ship, but the second time I have seen them on the Original BSG Classic Viper.

SO...early production change? It's definitely a variation- it's not like the others had "lighter" wash- they had NONE.

I would think the black wash is a later variant- put on because the earlier ships did not have a lot of detail or the detail was lost?

What do you think?

ascmclarencoupe
01-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Warstar, here is a picture of mine, I haven't seen anymore in the stores to compare, but I would say that it is one without the extra black wash that you are talking about, let me know what you think.

JediTricks
01-21-2007, 02:59 AM
Warstar, here is a picture of mine, I haven't seen anymore in the stores to compare, but I would say that it is one without the extra black wash that you are talking about, let me know what you think.
Mine is a little thicker than that, especially where it meets that "foot" at the end of the wing, but basically the same.

My guess is it's not a paint change at all, it's merely that someone else is in charge of the wash on those days and went heavier or lighter or overmixed the paint wash.

Warstar
01-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Yours doesn't have the wash at all- I'll post pics of my two here soon so you can see the difference- it's literally night and day- a variant that caught me off-guard- PLUS I know it's a variant since I have 2 of each type ;)

JediTricks
01-24-2007, 06:53 PM
WS, you're mad, I can see the lines on his are heavily washed, to the point where I can see the left side of the ship appears to have less than the right side. I sometimes think your incessant drive to find variations negatively impacts your enjoyment of collecting.

Darth Michael
01-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Actually, I can confirm Warstar's variation claim. I have two "clean" Skiffs, and one with the dark wash. And, I've seen more with the wash at retail, too. I don't know if the effect was intentional, but it is there and pretty easy to see. (Personally, I like the clean version better.)

JediTricks
01-25-2007, 12:06 AM
I can tell you that the one I have definitely has its panel lines inked in from a paint wash, so if Warstar's theory that there is a variation here is correct and it's not just incidental paint issues then the unwashed one is the later variant and not the earlier one as he surmised. I am curious to see photos comparing these.