PDA

View Full Version : $20 Vehicles

bigbarada
01-17-2007, 12:13 AM
we consider the $19.99 SRP Starfighter Vehicle collection to be sustainable all year long and will keep that going with continued fresh waves

Well, Hasbro says that they can sustain a $20 (okay, $19.99) vehicle line all year long. So, what could they release or rerelease for $20 that we haven't seen in a while?

These would just be basic vehicles, no exclusive figures and no electronics.

1. Clean AT-ST or Hoth AT-ST
2. Luke's and/or Wedge's Snowspeeder
3. Ewok Battle Wagon (why not?)
4. A-Wing (movie version)
5. Y-Wing
6. TIE Interceptor
7. TIE Bomber
8. Tatooine Skiff
9. Boba Fett's Slave 1 (the new sculpt made for Ep2)
10. Homestead Landspeeders - this would include the correctly-scaled version of Luke's Landspeeder and the Lars' Family Speeder (the only all-new vehicle on my list)

Most of these have never been released in the modern line as anything but exclusives. The regular released versions we haven't seen in at least 10 years. The Ewok Battle Wagon hasn't been released in over 22 years!

I deliberately left off the X-Wing and TIE Fighter because, after they released the correctly scaled versions, there is really no reason to go back to the old molds.

Somebody else can make a list for Prequel or EU vehicles.

Kidhuman
01-17-2007, 06:30 AM
I would add:

Various pods from racing scene
Dookus Solar Sailer
MMT(MTT?)

jedi master sal
01-17-2007, 07:43 AM
TPM:
Droid Carrier-as seen in he background when the droid army first lands on Naboo. Can hold up to 12 Battle droids and 1 pilot droid (hint hint)
Coruscant "Taxi"-this is the one seen in the additional scene on the DVD. But it really would need to have the driver figure as a pack-in. http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/coruscantairtaxi/index.html
Podracers-okay realistically we know Hasbro isn't for these. So instead of saying all unproduced podracers, how about all of the ones that had a predominant role in the race. Those would be:
Ben Quadinaros's podracer-needs a figure made of him
Gasgano's podracer-has a figure made
Mars Guo's podracer-has a figure made
Mawhonic's podracer-needs a figure made of him. Start with the Ree Yees head sculpt
Ody Mandrell's podracer-has a figure made
Teemto Pagalies's podracer-has a figure made
and Dud Bolt's podracer only because they have already made a figure of him, even though he didn't play an integral role in the race (he was a two-time Boonta Eve champion, watch the movie for proof).
Nute Gunray's Personal Starship-seen in both TPM and AOTC at least (can't recall if it was in ROTS)

AOTC
Rickshaw w/droid-I included the droid as it has to be attached to this. $20 is a might high, but if they made the droid removable, then I'd be fine with getting this. http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/ric920/index.html
Orray w/ chariot-okay so this is a beast/vehicle combo. It's the one used to take Anakin and Padme into the arena and later used by Padme in the Arena battle and later still as cover for Padme and Anakin
Homing Spider Droid-okay, I know it's a droid, but so is the Hailfire. This one would be easy too as the fours legs are the same and the body is roughly the same two halves, just with different "radar" dish-like attachments. Very affordable to make with those repetative parts!!!
Count Dooku's Solar Sailor-make this with the pilot droid and you've got a better chance of it selling

ROTS
Anakin's Jedi Airspeeder-the one he takes to go to rescue Palpatine from Mace
Obi's Jedi Airspeeder-basically a repaint of Anakin's, which makes these all the more possible
AT-AP-go here to see exactly the one I mean (it's IN the movie): http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/atap/index.html

Okay, that's off the top of my head for $20 Prequel vehicles.
Not including the Podracers, that's 3-4 per prequel. Come out with one from each movie per year and they are set for the next 3 years at least. There are 7 podracers I mentioned. Make two of these per year with one in the fourth year and they have that much more to offer. So that's 3 solid years of NEW vehicles with 2 from each prequel alone, plus 2 podracers. Then in the fourth year one vehicle from AOTC and one final podracer.

Solid plan to me and this doesn't even include OT ships/vehicles.

Since I really don't believe SW collecting is going to be big in 4 years time, Hasbro needs to come out with this stuff within this time frame. Should the line persist after this time, then they have PLENTY of ships and vehicles with which to draw upon for reissue.

Point being, there's WAY too much stuff that's never been done that should come out. BUT, we're not going to wait forever to collect it either.
-Sal

JON9000
01-17-2007, 09:33 AM
I think the Battle Wagon would be more than $20. I've never seen one in person, but having seen pictures of it next to the Ewok Village, it is a lot bigger than I thought. Anyhow, as far as OT vehicles go, we've seen almost every vehicle made decently, so bravo to Hasbro. More than anything else, I would like to see the Skiff re-released.

I don't really care much about PT vehicles, and I wouldn't buy one, but I think they could make a pretty cool Droid Tank... the one with the big tread and the bug eyes for $20, and I am sure they will, eventually.

Jargo
01-17-2007, 09:46 AM
MTT. a bit too big to be a $20 vehicle. it's an immense vehicle. only wayto do it would be to make it a carry case. shove wheels on it and give it a nice paint job.

The accurate sculpt X-wing can be released over and over with different stickers and paint apps for various pilots. that's a real cash cow right there.
The vintage sculpt of the X-wing needs destroying now and never being seen anywhere aother than a toy museum.

after the horrible melting AT-ST from the POTJ line I think we need a good solid sturdy release of that. with the driver from the Imperial forces multi-pack. or even better use The Han Solo in AT-ST driver disguise and change the head but keep the removable helmet.

The snowspeeder is another cash cow like the X-wing. diferent paint apps and pilots. If they re-released Lukes it would be cool to get a swappable cannon so you can have it crashed with the cannon all bent up or have it prior to the crash in working order. but all versions now need to use the latest sculpt with the air brakes and small harpoon gun.

A-wing. I'd accept the movie version and the original McQuarrie designed blue markings version. The green one was nice but if you're getting a variation it's nice to go movie or concept before EU. I think the wing guns on the A-wing could be looked at and refined. and the rear landing gear could be stronger.

Y-wing. well one of things with the Y-wing is the droid. be cool if they could make reinstigate the droid slot like the vintage Y-wing and put the longer more accurate nose guns back. Lose the Bomb dropping mechanism and improve the cockpit sculpt so the cockpit canopy gun doesn't sit on a column that takes up half the cockpit space. that way they could improve the cockpit interior with more detail and do away with the sticker control panels and have sculpted ones instead.
The landing gear problem needs looking at first and foremost though. we need to be able to lock that landing gear down so the rear end doesn't sink.

TIE Interceptor only needs the updated cockpit ball and wing struts. other than that the wings from the POTJ version are fine. just need to get the Imperial ships all the same colour grey.

Tatooine skiff. well the right colour might help. the landing gear needs totally changing. take it away from the cotrol arm activated mechanism and remove the current landing gear completely. instead clear stands that peg into the underside of the skiff will give it a better floating appearance. The gangplank should be a clip in piece not the current slide out one. that droopy end part just ruins the look and it's too short anyway.
the catapulting flip up panel needs to go. it's clumsy and doesn't work very well and ruins the sculpt. when what the skiff needs is more accurate pilots station, to look more like a corroded work vehicle and to give the appearance of being a repulsorlift vehicle. retooling the pilots control arm mechanism to move the steering vanes would be a good idea. and if sold without pilot including a a switchable panel for the front so you can create either of the two skiffs would be cool. one has damage to the nose and one doesn't.

Darth vaders TIE advanced. well it's a signature ship and if released again it should come with switchable wings so you can have it with the battle damage if you want. other than that it seems ok to me.

Then we should add the twin pod cloud car. surely a $20 dollar vehicle if ever there was one. they have the pilot. ithe cloud car just needs releasing. only thing I'd change is the parts that were originally stickers on the engine make it sculpted instead.

Lukes landspeeder. the saga version is a great sculpt. can be improved though. More leg room for Luke and ben. movie accurate paint apps and less sloppy silver paint apps where the paint is supposed to have been worn away. include the removable engine cowling panel. make the clear wheels bigger to raise it higher off the ground.

Slave-1. To me it seems rudimentary to remove the missiles from the nose of the ship. and the bomb firing device. and instead alter the mold so the cargo bay gets a door and you can slide in a carbonite prisoner Han. A little tweaking on the paint apps would have it looking fantastic too.

The T-16 skyhopper. Could use some work to make the cockpit better. I neer liked the removable smaller vehicle aspect of the original release so ignoring that, making the wings one piece again and changing the cockpit so figures fit right would be an improvement. hasbro can also release this a couple of times with different paint apps. one for luke, one for biggs. It's star wars lore that they both flew them. including a couple of small one piece mold womp rat for the ship to target would be very very cool.

new vehicles. well I'd second the call for the V-35 landspeeder. as I've mentioned elsewhere it can be released four times with no problem as there are two variants in ANH and two in AOTC. hasbro could easily make their money on the sculpt.

other speeders from around the cantina would be most welcome. the A1-deluxe floater, void spider, ubrikkian 9000-Z001 repulsorlift speeder, een creating a speeder for biggs would be cool. it seems like all Lukes friends had speeders if you watch the toschi station footage. variations on the XP-34 speeder really. engines in different configurations etc. Tatooine yields myriad speeders and any would be cool.

The rebel hangar transport sled. not a massive vehicle but it was built to work like a train with carriages so you have the drivers section with the controls and then other sections with no driver controls that link on like a train. essentially you're looking at one sculpt for the main transport sle with wheels underneath and for the drivers section it's an additional piece with safety rail and control stick. I'd say a set containing three sections would be ok at $20. plus it would nicely compliment all the rebel vehicles and figures out recently. simple and reasonably cheap to produce and people would probably buy a couple.

Racing Pods. Personally i thought the episode one versions sucked. the cockpits were ok but the engines were very lacking both in scale and detail. and the hard plastic handle between the engines was nasty. I propose that whatever goes between the engines to keep them locked together is clear plastic. and pods should have clear plastic stands to make them appear to float. the connecting cables betwen engines and cockpit should be rubber hose not stiff wire. This will men that anyone can pose the vehicle in mid turn or crashing or whatever they want instead of the fixed position of the original. I'd also say that any pod racer figure so far made should have his pod immortalised.

Coruscant air taxis and airspeeders. there's two distinct air taxi designs. The first is the broad oval shaped one with the huge fin underneath and the second is smaller with side engines and no fin.. then there are are countless airspeeder designs hasbro could use. twin cockpit speeders, single cockpit speeders. Racing speeders and plainer A-B sorts of speeders.
there's the coruscant airbus too. or the Naboo air taxi. Anakins ROS airspeeder, Bail Organa's airspeeder. The ROS Jedi airspeeder Obi-Wan uses.

there's the execution cart from the geonosis arena. pulled by orray but still a vehicle.
the Rickshaw speeder from AOTC pulled by a droid but still a vehicle

there's the cone headed swoop rider and swoop from ANH SE. or the swoop rider from TPM. Dengar is known to ride swoops asis han Solo for an EU submission.

and not forgetting an improved Imperial speeder bike with better foot pedal controls and movie accurate paint scheme.

clonewise there's the swamp speeder. re-releasing the AT-RT wouldn't hurt. Nor would re-releasing Grievous' wheelbike as an Utapau wheelbike (there were several in the movie when Grievous jumped aboard one.) with an Utapau warrior or one of Grievous' bodyguard droids.

Dooku's solar sailer is a large-ish vehicle but given hasbro scaling could work. provided it came with the pilot droid. the sail itself i'd do like the complete galaxy globe ewok glider with fabric sail and the ability to fold up. Or just leave it off completely and have the ship be from it's coruscant arrival scene.

not to mention either of Yoda's shuttle craft. though the one he took to dagobah would be my choice out of the two.

naboo N1 fighter with better sized R2 head.

Gian speeder would be cool. a nicer looking vehicle than the flash speeder. in silver though.

Flash speeder. make the cannon and tail spoiler on the flash speeder smaller and change the colour from that horrible torquoise to silver. which better suits the perception of the naboo using chromium on their vehicles. also change the interior and seating so figures can actually fit in the rear section.

which concludes this post. more later.....

El Chuxter
01-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Jargo EDP, you have now officially beaten Tycho as the SSG Master of Lists. :)

Slicker
01-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Then we should add the twin pod cloud car. surely a $20 dollar vehicle if ever there was one. they have the pilot. ithe cloud car just needs releasing. only thing I'd change is the parts that were originally stickers on the engine make it sculpted instead.

That's the first vehicle that came to mind with me.

I don't understand why they won't release it. It's a simple vehicle and the vintage mold was quite good so they could be cheap and just use that...unless they destroyed it and they don't wanna remold it.

jedi master sal
01-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Jargo EDP, you have now officially beaten Tycho as the SSG Master of Lists. :)

You do realize that he relisted most of bigbarada and my respective posts?

So I'd disallow Jargo/Mr. Daddypants to take Tycho's King Lister spot...heh

JON9000
01-17-2007, 12:22 PM
forgot about the Saga landspeeder. That needs to be re-released... an outstanding vehicle. It doesn't even need a Luke figure included, as far as I am concerned.

bigbarada
01-17-2007, 12:30 PM
I totally spaced on the Cloud Car and the T-16 Skyhopper. Those would be great additions.

As far as EU vehicles go, a TIE Defender and Bossk's Hounds Tooth would be great vehicles that I would actually buy.

The Ewok Battle Wagon is mostly a box on wheels. And it's not really that big.

Here's a picture of the Battle Wagon and it's Robin Hood recycled counterpart, to give you an idea of scale with the figures. Although I think the Robin Hood figures where 5" not 3.75"

Jargo
01-17-2007, 12:48 PM
I was typing my list at the same time sal posted and was unaware he had posted until after I did. BB's list i picked up on items and extrapolated with thoughts about them so that was indeed deliberate. same with KH's mention of the MTT.

but i don't wish to get into list wars with tycho. making lists is a lifestyle for me. I have pieces of paper everywhere with the same lists on and variations of lists and relists. lists with notations and lists with sections. I can fill a spiral bound notepad in a couple of days. it's just a compulsion i have to list things. i think it stops my brain exploding. :)

JediTricks
01-18-2007, 08:54 PM
Electronics are not out of the question, Hasbro even said as much in a recent Q&A, it just depends on the budget and appropriateness of the inclusion.

I'd really really really like to see Hasbro do General Grievous' Starfighter, it's a great-looking, compact fighter from Ep 3, it's got the bad guy's name and yet we see a hero flying it, it's got a great sleek look with 2 large blasters, the tail has a moving feature in the movie, and there's room for opening panels with interior details or new action gimmicks.

I still think Hasbro should revisit the Naboo Starfighter, it appeared in Ep 2 but they never released one in '02. The cockpit could be redesigned slightly to accomodate more figures, R2's head could be either removable or at least retractable, and I'd love to see the silver sections get vac-metallized.

The Corporate Alliance Tank Droid (snail droid) should be done, it's got tank treads which are cool, it made a major appearance in Ep 3 (I think it was seen in Ep 2, SW.com says it was left out but I am not convinced) and has enough room to have a cockpit hidden inside the head to be like Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Also, the TX-130 tank from SW Battlefront would be cool, it's EU but it's in both BF and BF2, and both Clone and Imperial forces use it.

From BB's ideas, stuff I'd like to see:

Clean AT-ST - I like the idea of a new AT-ST, the old mold is a little crappy and really more of a $15 size.

Luke's and/or Wedge's Snowspeeder - I'd like to see them add working underside flaps, fix the problem with the cannons not staying in, and redesign the cockpit to work better and have a sliding seat to more easily get the gunner into position. Oh, also they need to redesign the hinge on the canopy, that thing sucks.

A-Wing (movie version) - Hasbro did a great version a while back, they stripped the electronics from the POTF1 original though and I'd like to see them put lights and sounds back into it. The only other thing that needs work is the cockpit, I love the lever gimmick but the hatch doesn't stay closed when inverted.

Y-Wing - This would be good, but they need to cut that pointless Astromech facade out and build a new droid slot - one that can hold onto the figure better. Also, I'd like to see the cockpit revamped so that a rear gunner can be put in, currently it's just a post that used to drive the ion cannons. Also, the landing gear MUST be fixed, that is unacceptable. And if they can afford it, I'd like to see light-up engines and blasters and sound effects for both. Oh, and throw out the old bomb-dropping gimmick and put in one more like the TIE Bomber's.

TIE Interceptor - use the updated cockpit, not sure which hatch, the old one is more accurate in how it works but doesn't stay closed as well while the new one looks more accurate but opens oddly. Either revamp the spring-loaded wings or dump it, either way make them stay in it better.

TIE Bomber - awesome vehicle, I don't know if it'll even fit in a $20 box though, but they should try, maybe ship it disassembled as much as possible. The only revamp it needs is a hatch to cover the bomb chute so they don't drop out when inverted.

Tatooine Skiff - definitely could use a revisit, but I'd like to see the legs either fixed so they're more robust, or a better idea would be to dump the legs altogether (it's a rickety system even when it works perfectly) and build a positionable clear stand. The driver's area needs to be redesigned to allow wider figures in there, there's an interior lip which prevents many figures from driving. Also, and this is very important to me personally, the retractable plank needs to be longer and they can dump the "drop off" gimmick altogether.

Boba Fett's Slave 1 (the new sculpt made for Ep2) - A good idea, but this was always a $30-sized toy, I doubt they'll be able to cram it into a $20 box even fully disassembled. I'm really hoping Hasbro does a new Slave 1 at as big as the Republic Gunship, something like $40 with a real interior and better gimmicks.

Homestead Landspeeders: this would include the correctly-scaled version of Luke's Landspeeder and the Lars' Family Speeder (the only all-new vehicle on my list) - BRILLIANT! I'd totally be into this, I missed out on the Saga Landspeeder, and I've always wanted the Lars' Family Landspeeder in this scale.

From other ideas in the thread:

Homing Spider Droid (JMS) - a good idea, I'd like to see them integrate a hidden cockpit into the center ball, this way it's movie-accurate from the outside yet also is true to the Star Wars Battlefront games AND has added play value. We suggested this to Hasbro in a Q&A.

Darth vaders TIE advanced. with switchable wings so you can have it with the battle damage (Mr. Dpants) - I like the swappable battle-damaged wings, but I am not too keen on seeing this thing yet again, it'd be the 4th or 5th running of it in 10 years. If they also did something new with the gimmicks or adding new detail, I might be more inclined to be excited over seeing it again.

twin pod cloud car (Mr. Dpants) - I have the original, and it needs HELP, it's way too hollow, has nothing going on inside, the hinges on the canopies are next to worthless, and it's small. If they revisit this, which they should, it needs new hinges, some updating of the interior, and I'd like to see some sounds/lights in the engine pod.

Gian speeder - yeah, I'd like to see this, not at $20 unless they can really fit 4 figures and have a fully-enclosed cockpit and make it look particularly sharp. Also, perhaps 2 sets of front windshields, a regular one that connects to the main canopy, then remove that and the main canopy glass and pop in the windshield with turret cannon.

Here's a picture of the Battle Wagon and it's Robin Hood recycled counterpart, to give you an idea of scale with the figures. Although I think the Robin Hood figures where 5" not 3.75"actually, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves figures were 3.75" just like SW, in fact the Friar Tuck figure is a retool of the vintage Gamorrean Guard figure.

bigbarada
01-18-2007, 09:18 PM
actually, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves figures were 3.75" just like SW, in fact the Friar Tuck figure is a retool of the vintage Gamorrean Guard figure.

That's true, I forgot about that. I remember Robin Hood was just a Green Arrow figure from the Super Powers line, with Kevin Costner's head and soft goods tunic. Just on a side note, if Hasbro ever thought to rerelease the Ewok Village, I would love for them to include the green plastic "leaves" that Kenner added to the Robin Hood version. Those made all the difference in the world.

Grievous' Starfighter would be a cool choice, even though it reminds me of the Batmobile.

What was that two-legged AT-TE looking vehicle that we saw on Kashyyk in Ep3? That could easily be done for $20.

jedi master sal
01-19-2007, 07:24 AM
Ah hell's yeah, JT. These three you mentioned NEED to be made.

General Grievous' Starfighter
Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
TX-130 tank

I really dig Greivous's ship. I'm so tempted to buy the LEGO one, since Hasbro isn't making the action figure one. (Hasbro's loss)

The tank droid isn't in AOTC, but is in cut scenes on the DVD. But heck yeah, I want it. Besides on the two side tracks, Hasbro cold put foot pegs for Battle droids/Wookiees to stand on, JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIE.

The TX-130 tank is an awesome design. To hell with it being EU, it's just a great friggin vehicle. They could even repaint it, so we could get Republic and Imperial versions. Heck they could even paint it in COBRA colors for the G.I.Joe line and it would fit. (though not JUST for the Joe line...)

CaptainSolo1138
01-19-2007, 06:35 PM
(Hasbrp's loss)
When did they acquire the license?!:eek:;)

While I agree with 95% of what has been listed thus far (especially the pods), I also think Hasbro needs to chill with their current price points. I want both the AAT and the Hailfire (the recent 30th anniversary releases) but there is NO WAY in hell either of those is worth the $30 they're charging for them. Wasn't the AAT $20 when it debuted?

Kidhuman
01-19-2007, 09:29 PM
They are 20 bucks at Target and WM locally Solo.

bigbarada
01-19-2007, 10:55 PM
They have the Hailfire at Wal-Mart here for $20 also. It was tempting, but with limited space I don't want to collect prequel vehicles (unless it's an AT-TE).

CaptainSolo1138
01-19-2007, 11:01 PM
You know what? You guys are right. They're $19.88, not $29.88. Or whatever the hell weird combination WalMart uses for their prices. My bad. BSLOS to follow:

Here's the thing
We started out friends
It was cool, but it was all pretend
Yeah, yeah, since you been gone
You're dedicated, you took the time
Wasn't long 'til I called you mine
And all you'd ever hear me say
Is how I picture me with you
That's all you'd ever hear me say

But since you been gone
I can breathe for the first time
I'm so movin' on, yeah yeah
Thanks to you, now I get what I want
Since you been gone

Carry on.

jedi master sal
01-19-2007, 11:35 PM
When did they acquire the license?!:eek:;)

Jagoff, heh heh...

You know what? You guys are right. They're $19.88, not $29.88. Or whatever the hell weird combination WalMart uses for their prices. My bad. BSLOS to follow:

Here's the thing
We started out friends
It was cool, but it was all pretend
You're dedicated, you took the time
Wasn't long 'til I called you mine
And all you'd ever hear me say
Is how I picture me with you
That's all you'd ever hear me say

But since you been gone
I can breathe for the first time
I'm so movin' on, yeah yeah
Thanks to you, now I get what I want
Since you been gone

Carry on.

WTH is this?

Dude your smokin' something again aren't you. (Pass it over here.....heh) J/K (for all those overly sensitive types out there.)

CaptainSolo1138
01-20-2007, 09:49 AM
WTH is this?
For my BSLOS I went the the ever sexy Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone".:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
01-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Cappy, I'm not sure that quite qualifies as a Bad Song Lyric of Shame.

I think you need to try harder.

Like Spice Girls harder.

Kidhuman
01-20-2007, 12:45 PM
They have the Hailfire at Wal-Mart here for $20 also. It was tempting, but with limited space I don't want to collect prequel vehicles (unless it's an AT-TE).

The hailfire is worth it. I have 2 of them and the Lego one, makes a decent army.

bigbarada
01-20-2007, 05:46 PM
The hailfire is worth it. I have 2 of them and the Lego one, makes a decent army.

I saw the Hailfire Droid about a week ago and passed on it; but it's been eating at me since. I spent a long time looking for the Clone Wars version, so I was starting to worry that I had missed my chance for this. Fortunately, I went back to Wal-Mart this evening and it was the last vehicle left in the Star Wars aisle!

:sigh-of-relief:

Great vehicle! One of my all-time favorite prequel designs second only to the AT-TE.

Although, isn't it technically an action figure?

JediTricks
01-20-2007, 05:51 PM
First off, pictures of the Guard into Friar Tuck, plus the ewok village with new foliage: http://theswca.com/images-speci/recycle/index.html

I really dig Greivous's ship. I'm so tempted to buy the LEGO one, since Hasbro isn't making the action figure one. (Hasbro's loss)I did exactly that, spent my $20 on the LEGO one which is a fun toy and a nifty build but Hasbro would have done a way more accurate version and gotten my $20 last week instead (I might have bought 2 even since I like the vehicle itself).

The tank droid isn't in AOTC, but is in cut scenes on the DVD. But heck yeah, I want it. Besides on the two side tracks, Hasbro cold put foot pegs for Battle droids/Wookiees to stand on, JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIE.Yeah, that's a good idea! Zizzle put foot pegs on top of the sails for their Black Pearl and didn't even mention why they were there and totally got away with it. The Tank Droid could certainly get away with the same kind of thing.

The TX-130 tank is an awesome design. To hell with it being EU, it's just a great friggin vehicle. They could even repaint it, so we could get Republic and Imperial versions. Heck they could even paint it in COBRA colors for the G.I.Joe line and it would fit. (though not JUST for the Joe line...)Actually, the TX-130 reminds me of the classic Cobra Water Moccasin: http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/84/watermoccasin/

And you're totally right, it'd have instant-repaint factor because it's in 2 different eras.

Although, isn't it technically an action figure?Indeed it is! But I don't think of it that way, it's not like with the walking Vulture Droids, or crab droids, which are figures to me.

The Hailfire Droid is cool, I got the original and it's a nifty set. I wish the missiles wouldn't fly out unintentionally so much, I'm considering removing the springs from them (only half the tubes even have 'em, so I'm betting this is possible) but I'd prefer Hasbro redesign this next time around so all the missiles fire yet there'd be a safety switch so none would fire when you don't want them to.

CaptainSolo1138
01-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Cappy, I'm not sure that quite qualifies as a Bad Song Lyric of Shame.

I think you need to try harder.

Like Spice Girls harder.I agree with U, but I've already done several Spice Girls songs. I guess I was just in a Kelly Clarkson mood at the time. I feel an appropriate substitute can be made by Captain and Tennille:

Muskrat, Muskrat, candle light
Doin' the town and doin' it right in the evenin'
It's pretty pleasin'
Muskrat Suzie, Muskrat Sam
Do the jitterbug at a Muskrat Land
And they shimmy, Sam is so skinny

And they whirl and they twirl and they tango
Singin' and jinglin' a jangle
Float like the heavens above
Looks like Muskrat Love

bigbarada
01-20-2007, 07:08 PM
The Hailfire Droid is cool, I got the original and it's a nifty set. I wish the missiles wouldn't fly out unintentionally so much, I'm considering removing the springs from them (only half the tubes even have 'em, so I'm betting this is possible) but I'd prefer Hasbro redesign this next time around so all the missiles fire yet there'd be a safety switch so none would fire when you don't want them to.

I only have one specific missile bay that prematurely fires it's missle evertime I move the toy. I'm kind of wondering why Hasbro didn't include 3-4 spare missles with this toy. I can't imagine any kid actually playing with this thing and not losing a few of the missles within the first few minutes.

This definitely ranks right up there with the TIE Bomber and the Gunship as one of the best modern Hasbro vehicles. It even outshines about 90% of the vintage Kenner vehicles.

Now we just need an AT-TE, becuase my solitary 442nd Siege Battalion Clonetrooper can't keep dodging all those missiles forever.:D

DarkArtist
01-20-2007, 10:16 PM
would like to see Hasbro release some of these in a $20 catagory:

TIE Crawler
TIE-D Robotic TIE
Twin Pod Cloud Car
A-9 Vigilance Interceptor
Slave II
Lars Family Landspeeder
Scimitar Assualt Bomber
Clone Wars Clone Starfighter

jedi master sal
01-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Actually, the TX-130 reminds me of the classic Cobra Water Moccasin: http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/84/watermoccasin/

Jesus man, I haven't thought of that for years. Cool. I had that IIRC.

BTW, thanks for agreeing with the majority of my post.
(The Apocalypse is now almost upon us...heh heh)

El Chuxter
01-20-2007, 11:08 PM
I agree with U, but I've already done several Spice Girls songs. I guess I was just in a Kelly Clarkson mood at the time. I feel an appropriate substitute can be made by Captain and Tennille:

Muskrat, Muskrat, candle light
Doin' the town and doin' it right in the evenin'
It's pretty pleasin'
Muskrat Suzie, Muskrat Sam
Do the jitterbug at a Muskrat Land
And they shimmy, Sam is so skinny

And they whirl and they twirl and they tango
Singin' and jinglin' a jangle
Float like the heavens above
Looks like Muskrat Love

Good thing you clarified it was Captain and Tenille! Otherwise that could be construed as an America quote, and then it would be kewl.

Edit: Isn't someone with a Joan Jett avatar referring to America as "kewl" one of the signs of impending Apocalypse?

bigbarada
01-21-2007, 03:12 AM
Homing Spider Droid-okay, I know it's a droid, but so is the Hailfire. This one would be easy too as the fours legs are the same and the body is roughly the same two halves, just with different "radar" dish-like attachments. Very affordable to make with those repetative parts!!!
AT-AP-go here to see exactly the one I mean (it's IN the movie): http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/atap/index.html

These would both be awesome! :thumbsup: I also think that the Droid Gunship could be done for $20 also. It doesn't seem like it needs to be overly large like the Republic Gunship:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/droidgunship/index.html

JediTricks
01-21-2007, 03:14 AM
I only have one specific missile bay that prematurely fires it's missle evertime I move the toy. I'm kind of wondering why Hasbro didn't include 3-4 spare missles with this toy. I can't imagine any kid actually playing with this thing and not losing a few of the missles within the first few minutes.Yeah, I certainly did, took me longer to find the missiles than it did to get them out of the box and firing. :p

BTW, thanks for agreeing with the majority of my post.
(The Apocalypse is now almost upon us...heh heh)Well, the odds said it had to happen some time.

JediTricks
01-21-2007, 05:05 AM
These would both be awesome! :thumbsup: I also think that the Droid Gunship could be done for $20 also. It doesn't seem like it needs to be overly large like the Republic Gunship:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/droidgunship/index.html
Droid Gunship is much bigger but we never got a great sense of scale since it barely appeared in the movie, so it probably could be passed off at the $20 pricepoint. I think it absolutely has to have a cockpit though, can't have a ship that cool not able to hold at least 1 figure inside.

bigbarada
01-21-2007, 06:47 PM
I was rather see the droid gunship made a little too small than not made. It could easily be about the size of the Ep1 Droid Tank.

Of course, if Hasbro made it for $30-$40, that would be awesome too.

mustafarmike
01-21-2007, 10:26 PM
6 inch diameter cockpit 18 inches long

bigbarada
01-22-2007, 12:40 PM
6 inch diameter cockpit 18 inches long

Nice, but I think 18" is a little too much to ask for at the $20 pricepoint. The Millenium Falcon toy is 20" long and that's usually priced around $50-60.

I would think, for the Sith Infiltrator to make in the $20 category, it would have to be no larger than the vintage X-Wing toy.

JediTricks
01-22-2007, 09:12 PM
I was rather see the droid gunship made a little too small than not made. It could easily be about the size of the Ep1 Droid Tank.
It's difficult to use that vehicle as an analogy because it's such a different shape. I'm not sure I can think one that's closer though.

mustafarmike
01-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Correction this is a 3d model I made that I plan on making into a playset since Hasbro isn't going to do it justice. Storage for bike, probes, etc.

JediTricks
01-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Correction this is a 3d model I made that I plan on making into a playset since Hasbro isn't going to do it justice. Storage for bike, probes, etc.
It's a cool design. If you ever get it built in the real world, I'd love to see pictures. Is the rear door under the engines going to work at all?

mustafarmike
01-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Yes rear hatch is split in half and opens to reveal fold down ramp (ramp similar to Imperial Shuttle)

I do think HAsbro could pull off a half ways decent Infiltrator for $20 on second thought. If they focus on and making a decent sized main sphere section (4.5 inch diameter sphere) the long front nose could be hollow underneath just holding the landing gear. It will have pop up tie wings, 2 spring loaded missiles, and top hatch opening to reveal pilot seat and maybe probe droids.

Im betting total length 16 inches with hollowed out cheap front end to add length.

JediTricks
01-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Yours sounds pretty cool, no way a $20 Hasbro one is going to be able to compete with it which is too bad. Nature of the beast I guess.

We had a huge war in a thread about what the $20 Sith Infiltrator might look like and how it'd fail. I'm particularly proud of the images I mocked up here: 504986

Phantom-like Menace
01-25-2007, 07:28 AM
re-releasing the AT-RT wouldn't hurt

I'd love to get a rerelease of this item. It's no longer in stores, and I have two but want a few more, but eBay's prices are a little higher than I would like to spend. In fact in El Chuxter's "You're in charge of new figures... How do you run things" thread, I added an AT-RT repaint just because it was nice to dream.

JediTricks
01-26-2007, 04:36 PM
AT-RT wasn't a $20 toy even when it had a battery-powered motor and pack-in figure. If they do go back to the AT-RT, which seems like they should since the first one doesn't work well with most figures and the motorized gimmick doesn't work that well and leaves posing and play issues, I'd like to see them start over and do the leg articulation right this time and make the seat and foot pegs work with more figures.

And that's still not a $20 toy, so they could also include a new version of the BARC speeder, which also still isn't really right (neither the rip cord version nor the deluxe figure pack-in version with its soft lines and funky footpegs).

DarkArtist
01-31-2007, 12:07 PM
I would really love it if Hasbro re-released the Anakin Clone Wars Starfighter again. only saw this ship once and passed on it since I wanted to get the figures first. now the only time i see it is in on Ebay for $60 +

JediTricks
02-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Please no, I know a few folks still want it, but it's really not that good, a re-release would only disappoint the general buying market and leave a situation behind where it's that much harder to get new vehicles.

Phantom-like Menace
02-02-2007, 11:19 PM
And that's still not a $20 toy, so they could also include a new version of the BARC speeder, which also still isn't really right (neither the rip cord version nor the deluxe figure pack-in version with its soft lines and funky footpegs).

I could agree with that.

JediTricks
02-04-2007, 02:30 AM
THANK YOU!!! I've been complaining about that for a year now and you're the first one to publicly agree.

Phantom-like Menace
02-04-2007, 10:49 PM
You're very welcome, sir. Also if Hasbro made a two pack of the AT-RT and the BARC for twenty bucks, I'd be looking to build quite a collection of them for a customized mechanized Legion that has been on the Frederick-hasn't-gotten-around-to-it-in-over-two-years backburner.

I don't remember where the pics are for the upcoming Wal-Mart exclusive (:upset:) Neyo and friend battlepack. Do they use the ripcord version or the pack-in version?

JediTricks
02-06-2007, 08:45 PM
http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/news/2006/12/061228_bp_saleucami_1b.jpg
http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/news/2006/12/061228_bp_saleucami_2b.jpg

They use the dlx version.

Val Da Car
02-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Well...the Tie Interceptor coming but at TRU.

but for #34.99, I might be forced to buy it.

Bad enough TRU is selling $20 ships for $25 but now the Interceptor is only there for $35.

oh well...

I won't buy as many figures but I will be buying V WINGS!!!