PDA

View Full Version : Knights of Prosperity & I.C.E.

UKWildcat
01-18-2007, 08:53 PM
So does anyone else watch either of these shows? The Knights of Prosperity or In Case of Emergency? I've been watching both since they premiered a few weeks ago.

Personally, I think Knights of Prosperity is hilarious and I found it to be a surprisingly good show. Knights is very well written, well directed and well acted. The cast is awesome actually. Gary and Rockefellar are great characters and Esperanza is wicked hot. Mick Jagger is quite a character too. Overall I really like this show and hope it stays around for a while.

In Case of Emergency (I.C.E.) is an alright show but not on the same level as Knights imo. It has a pretty decent cast (if you don't mind David Arquette) but the plot isn't nearly as strong as Knights'. I think this is where the show struggles or will struggle. It could definitely improve in some areas but it could also be much worse. Overall I think I.C.E. is an alright show and I'll keep tuning in as long as it's on after Knights.

JediTricks
01-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Each episode of Knights of Prosperity makes me think "that was a bad episode of television that made me laugh a lot", I like the cast enough and the premise is interesting but there is a lot of junk writing in between the laughs. I suspect if it had a chance, it'd be a show folks would be talking about for a long time, but ABC will probably bury it instead.

I.C.E. is one I really like and feels like nobody else will watch it, I think the writing is a touch more traditional but still fairly out there for mainstream sitcoms. I really like Jonathan Silverman and Greg Germann in sitcoms, they're both very funny. You're right that David Arquette is the weak link in the show, but he occasionally made me laugh too.

Both shows have very attractive women on them who aren't just vapid youngsters, Kelly Hu on ICE (38) and Sofia Vergara (34) on Knights, both have some pretty funny moments and are great to look at too, though I think Kelly Hu is able to do more with the comedy at this point.

UKWildcat
01-26-2007, 08:28 PM
Both shows have very attractive women on them who aren't just vapid youngsters, Kelly Hu on ICE (38) and Sofia Vergara (34) on Knights, both have some pretty funny moments and are great to look at too, though I think Kelly Hu is able to do more with the comedy at this point.

Wow, I had no idea Hu was that old (no offense to you older forumites). She looks real good for 38. :yes:

Vergara is super sexy. I have never seen Chasing Papi, but I am seriously consider it now. :lipsrsealed:

I thought this past weeks episode of Knights was pretty good. I loved when they were interviewing Rockefeller and Gary was like "What are your weaknesses?!?!?" lol Very funny stuff. I also liked how they all tried to steal the case but couldn't for various reasons. Good show.

I.C.E. was the same as it usually is. Laughs consitantly throughout, but no real plot developments. Just the same old same old. Hopefully it will pick up some in the next couple of eps. so it will keep my interest.

Rocketboy
01-26-2007, 09:22 PM
I saw the first episode of Knights and wasn't very impressed.
I guess I don't really care for Donal Logue unless he's getting his faced slammed into a moving subay car (from Blade).

JediTricks
01-28-2007, 05:08 AM
I liked 'em both, but I thought it was incredibly stupid of them to not think of the case being a test, hell I thought it had a CAMERA in the side! And they can afford to repair a cab but not HIRE one to AC? Still, a few solid laughs and some really lame ones too.

ICE was pretty decent, Kelly Hu had some really ridiculous outfits - like, the kind hookers would be embarassed to wear. :p I'm glad they finally dealt with a few small realities of all living in that house together, but it wasn't a major plotpoint. The chase at the end was too much. :D

UKWildcat
02-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Incase you didn't notice from last weeks show, they have moved Knights back to 8:30. There were rumors of the show being cancelled after it's original 13 ep. run and not being picked up for a full season. When it aired at 9:00 it was going up against the juggernaut which is American Idol, which was killing it's ratings (like it does to all shows). Before canning the show, they are seeing how it does in the 8:30 timeslot, which I'm certain will help. Hopefully this show will get picked up... :nerv:

ICE has suffered from it's timeslot too and 'trying' to compete with American Idol as well and will probably end up getting cancelled. :neutral:

JediTricks
02-05-2007, 05:52 PM
I think they juggled the timeslots so that their 2 stronger shows - George Lopez and According to Jim - would help carry viewers into the 2 new shows.

UKWildcat
02-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Right, to help boost the ratings (hopefully). I guess only time will tell.

I still need to watch last weeks episode of ICE. I recorded it but still haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

UKWildcat
02-15-2007, 12:47 PM
I wasn't a big fan of last night's episode of Knights. I just didn't think it was as funny as the previous episodes. I liked how the whole episode was about Esperanza, but that was about it. Although it was cool how Rockefeller got the group into the club. lol But overall I was pretty disappointed with this episode and it kinda looked like the beginning of the end. :(

I have basically given up on ICE; I haven't watched the past couple of episodes. No idea how that show is doing.

JediTricks
02-16-2007, 10:13 PM
I wasn't a big fan of last night's episode of Knights. I just didn't think it was as funny as the previous episodes. I liked how the whole episode was about Esperanza, but that was about it. Although it was cool how Rockefeller got the group into the club. lol But overall I was pretty disappointed with this episode and it kinda looked like the beginning of the end. :(Totally agree! It felt like a brick wall in the series, not just because of the ending, but the fact that they failed to come up with anything really funny or a satisfying way out of the plot hole they dug themselves.

I have basically given up on ICE; I haven't watched the past couple of episodes. No idea how that show is doing.How can you give up on ICE when it hasn't aired in 3 weeks? ;)

UKWildcat
02-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Totally agree! It felt like a brick wall in the series, not just because of the ending, but the fact that they failed to come up with anything really funny or a satisfying way out of the plot hole they dug themselves.

Yup, exactly! Like I said, I was rather disappointed with that episode, or the lack thereof.

How can you give up on ICE when it hasn't aired in 3 weeks? ;)

Is that right? Well thats something else. lol I actually had a problem with my DVR and had the cable company exchange it so I lost all of my recordings, one of which was an episode of ICE that I never got around to watching. I forgot, or didn't bother, to setup the recording for that show again. Guess it didn't matter since they haven't aired it in weeks?!?! Either way, I think I have thrown in the towel on the show, even if they bring back.

JediTricks
02-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Yeah, ABC's been airing other stuff at the 9-10 hour instead of "According to Jim" and "ICE", mostly Lost-related stuff I believe - nothing like building an audience by changing the schedule and then preempting it over and over. :rolleyes:

You miss the last episode where they finally find out what Kelly does? That was a funny ep with lots of character juggling and a good ending.

UKWildcat
02-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Yes, I did miss that episode. I bet it was a good one too. I can only imagine their reactions. Maybe they'll replay it or something.

EDIT: I was hoping they had the episode on abc.com but they don't. ICE is one of the shows that isn't listed for full episodes at all. They do have all the episodes of Knights though.

JediTricks
02-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Their reactions weren't quite what was expected, nor the manner with which they found out. :p

Dumbass ABC, every other show has full eps online.

UKWildcat
02-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Their reactions weren't quite what was expected, nor the manner with which they found out. :p

Go ahead and spill the beans...

Dumbass ABC, every other show has full eps online.

Such language JT. tsk tsk. lol But yea, I don't understand it either. :confused:

UKWildcat
02-22-2007, 08:59 PM
I just got around to watching last nights episode of Knights. I thought it was pretty good too; one of the funnier episodes. Some hilarious scenes. I like how Eugene told the one kid to go through the dvds and to see if he had any Criterion Collection. lol That was great. And the Conan O'Brian reference to "The year 2000" was pretty good too. Really good episode I thought.

I wonder if they are going to actually end up robbing someone else? or if they are going to go back to trying to rob McJagger again?

JediTricks
02-23-2007, 04:27 PM
This was a good comeback from the previous dead-end episode, I liked the 24-style clock changing with the dialogue. It did have that Lucy-style sitcom cliche that's been played out heavily as the main driving force of the story, but at least the jokes within were funny. I thought for sure that Enrico and his boys would end up being shot to death at the end, with them alive I can't see how they're not going to give up the Knights.

Anyway, although this felt like the season finale, it wasn't, next week's episode they decide to rob Kelly Ripa instead.

UKWildcat
02-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Ohh yea, the 24-style clock was hilarious, and was well done. I completely forgot about that. lol Like I said, I thought that episode was really good. I plan on watching it again actually.

Kelly Ripa huh? Could be interesting.

So tell me about ICE JT, if you don't mind:

JediTricks
02-23-2007, 06:03 PM
My favorite part of the clock was when it went "OR" and had 2 times running.

Apparently, Eugene ends up botching the first step of the Kelly Ripa job by falling in love with her. :p

I can't really explain it out of context I guess, I've been trying to for a couple days now, it wasn't THAT funny without seeing the rest of the episode but it worked great there.

UKWildcat
03-01-2007, 10:14 PM
I can't really explain it out of context I guess, I've been trying to for a couple days now, it wasn't THAT funny without seeing the rest of the episode but it worked great there.

Gotcha. No problem, I understand.

Well I just got around to watching last nights episode of Knights and I thought it was pretty good. Started out pretty strong and funny but kinda trailed there at the end. I liked how the nerd put "Directed by Peter Jackson" at the end of their promo dvd. lol Pretty good episode, had plenty of laughs, and man, that Gary cracks me up. I also like how they are changing up the show and it looks like Ray Ramono is next; I was never a fan of him or his show, but it could be good. Looking forward to next week's show. :)

JediTricks
03-03-2007, 02:20 PM
I wasn't so sure about this ep of "Knights", it was a lot of cheap mugging that we have to assume people in general are so stupid they just accept, and that didn't totally work for me - any time humor is based on a really silly disguise being easily sold makes me sad because it's so played out and was never that funny when it wasn't Bugs Bunny doing it. Still, Ray Romano being the new target came off just right for the right reason too.

ICE was alright this week, the last scene with Jason giving away the money I think was totally stupid but it's hardly the first time I've seen someone write it. I wasn't sure if Sherman was really feeling miserable with the stripper or was faking it for more stripper time, then it turned out he wasn't which was a surprise. And Harry & Jason's mom... that was too much. :p

UKWildcat
03-07-2007, 10:45 PM
So much for Knights. :cry: :mad:

I didn't get to watch ICE but I did record it. I'll check it out later tonight, or tomorrow. Even though it'll probably get the axe as well.

JediTricks
03-08-2007, 08:03 PM
I wonder why they didn't have Knights on, that was weird, if I was going to cut a show it'd probably be ICE, though Knights has so little in common with George Lopez Show it's embarassing.

ICE was moderately entertaining, nothing exceptional but some good laughs. I love Sherman just accepting Jason's pretending he's his girlfriend on the phone, that was funny as hell. Harry & Jason's mom worked really well all the way through. Jane Seymour may be in her mid-50s, but I have to admit she's pretty hot in this show.

UKWildcat
03-08-2007, 08:32 PM
I wonder why they didn't have Knights on, that was weird, if I was going to cut a show it'd probably be ICE, though Knights has so little in common with George Lopez Show it's embarassing.

No doubt. I think they are going to play the remaining episodes of Knights that they shot. But they could be done with it all together. I guess its up in the air. I will miss the show. Sure it had some bad qualities, but it had some good ones too; and I think the good outweighed the bad. Oh well, life goes on. :(

ICE was moderately entertaining, nothing exceptional but some good laughs. I love Sherman just accepting Jason's pretending he's his girlfriend on the phone, that was funny as hell. Harry & Jason's mom worked really well all the way through. Jane Seymour may be in her mid-50s, but I have to admit she's pretty hot in this show.

Yea, I actually heard last nights episode was pretty decent. I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, but I will.