PDA

View Full Version : Gonna start customizing some Sideshow stuff.

Darth Cruel
01-19-2007, 11:47 AM
I have learned the fine art of head-swapping thanks to a member over at RS who sold me a Jedi Luke manequinn to replace my own non-functioning one and I have come to a decision.

I am glad I ordered all of the Endor Rebel Soldiers I could from Sideshow. I will be finding some Sideshow figures to get cheap and do head swaps to get more different Endor Rebel Soldiers. This will be good.

Darth Cruel
02-18-2007, 09:07 AM
I also started swapping out some Sideshow accessories for (shudder) Hasbro ones that I also like. I use the Hasbro robe on Darth Maul (and will be using the Sith Speeder when I finally decide to open one), I also like the Hasbro poncho on Qui-Gon Jinn. The 12" Stormtrooper Blaster from the retro line works very well with HAn Solo. But there have been a few failures at this as well. Han's camo trenchcoat from Hasbro is abismal to try to use with the Sideshow Han, but the explosive charges CAN be used despite their too-large size. The vest HAsbro made for Han also does not work...but I think that is more dueto the pants being the wrong color than anything else. I am hoping that the 12" Clone Trooper and Stormtrooper long blaster rifles will work with the Medicom offerings...but that remains to be seen.

I think one of the big reasons I do this is to keep the ones from Sideshow in good shape as long as I can. I do "play" with my figures a lot.

JediTricks
02-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Why didn't the trenchcoat work out?