PDA

View Full Version : AFA Graded Mint Vader

TheRealDubya
01-19-2007, 06:37 PM
This is crazy (http://www.brianstoys.com/store/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SV3C1DARTHVADERC9%2b*AF A9001417). How did they find one in such great condition? And $12K is a little crazy for a toy, as a side note.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Wow, impressive. 12g is a bit much.....

Jayspawn
01-21-2007, 11:04 PM
I do not support AFA, and think its a total crock.

Slicker
01-21-2007, 11:42 PM
This is crazy (http://www.brianstoys.com/store/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SV3C1DARTHVADERC9%2b*AF A9001417). How did they find one in such great condition? And $12K is a little crazy for a toy, as a side note.I've seen it in several occasions where people literally find a mint, sealed case of figures. I was a set of pictures where a guy opened up a sealed case of 12 backs with vinyl cape Jawas. I think I made pant babies over those pictures.

Wow, impressive. 12g is a bit much....."A bit much". I think we have the u;nderstatement of the year folks!! ;)

I do not support AFA, and think its a total crock.
Same here. Just becase "professional" graders say it's good doesn't make me wanna buy it more. It just makes me wanna look elsewhere to find the same product for a fraction of the price.

Darth Cruel
03-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Although I can not atest to it's validity. I did read a story on one of the websites about someone sending a fake vintage figure to AFA and getting it graded an 85.

But that is not the only reason I not only don't support them, but I don't even believe in them.

These AFA clowns have no formal training. And I am of the mind that I can apply a percentage grade based on my opinion to my own figures for a lot less than those guys do.

I could go on and on about these guys. My own opinion (and it IS just my opinion) is that these AFA guys are crooks. But apparently they are very clever ones.

JON9000
03-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Whenever I troll ebay for vintage figures, I inevitably come across a run of figures from Brian's Toys or Cloud City Collectibles, and they are always asking laughable prices.