PDA

View Full Version : New Comic 2-Packs PIC!

Battle Droid
01-19-2007, 07:24 PM
From, http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87504B

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CHS87504Blg.jpg

El Chuxter
01-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Gawd, now there gonna taunt us with a cool Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise... with red eyes? :rolleyes:

Quinlan and Villie look incredibly sweet. I'm not sure on Alpha, but he looks new enough and better than the Clone Wars ARC Trooper. Obi-Wan appears to be a decent kitbash?

Edit: And interesting that the Tarkin 2-pack is the only one not offered a second time. That's the one with the Stormtrooper, right?

Droid
01-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Is that Obi-wan from episode II or III? It does look pretty good. Am I correct that it would be the first Obi-wan from Episode II or III where his robe is sculpted on and he has some articulation (other than the Kamino Deluxe pack)?

figrin bran
01-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Wow, that's definitely the best AOTC era (technically clone wars since it's a Republic comic pack) Obi Wan out there!

i've been passing on the wave 1 of comic packs but i'll definitely shell out for Obi Wan and Alpha and Quinlan/Villie.

jedi master sal
01-19-2007, 11:30 PM
i've been passing on the wave 1 of comic packs but i'll definitely shell out for Obi Wan and Alpha and Quinlan/Villie.

I agree with this statement completely. (I did get the Kir Kanos set.)

Alpha looks awesome and while I'm not after a new Obi, this one looks pretty good from the small pic. I've been salivating at the prospect of getting Quinlan and Villie. I can't tell by the pics too much of what their articulation is.

Alpha looks like he's SA. Same with Obi.

It appears as if Villie is close to SA. But no ankle joints and I'm skeptical on the knee joints too. (I'm zoomed in about 300% here)

Quinlan definitely has elbow articulation but it looks intrusive to the figure since the joint is on skin. It also loks like there's no knee or ankle articulation with him either. The Jedi sash does get in the way a little of the knee, so I could be mistaken and the boots are rather dark, so they just might have articulation too.

We'll see, but I know for sure I'm getting two of each. (1 carded, 1 loose) I may get a couple of extra Obi/Alpha packs as I could use more Obi's to fill scenes out and I'd customize an Alpha to have red markings.

-Sal

bigbarada
01-20-2007, 12:09 AM
I'll pick up the Luke Stormtrooper set because I have this sinking feeling that Hasbro isn't going to release another version for years.

Tycho
01-20-2007, 12:56 AM
Golly Geeze Mouse Droid!

I'm getting like 5 or 6 Quinlan / Villie 2-packs TO OPEN for my dioramas!

These are the only Comic 2 pack offering that has completely new sculpts and very decent ones at that. It's exactly what I always wanted from the EU!

Now there's something to get the old Tycho excited!

*I can't tell if Villie has 2 working cross-drawn holsters from this pic (like an ARC Trooper would). He should have 2 of the same kind of blasters on his gun belt (he's obviously holding one).

Quinlan would be even more awesome if you could add a softgoods Jedi robe to him that you could raise the hood on. I'm sure other figures could provide that accessory. WOW!

Darth Cruel
01-20-2007, 07:50 AM
I'm on board. And if Alpha is SA as he does appear to be, I will be hoping for SA regular A.R.C. Troopers and the other A.R.C. Commanders as well.

Kidhuman
01-20-2007, 07:55 AM
I might get the Alpha 2 pack because of Alpha. Dont really want Obi-Wan though.

DarkArtist
01-20-2007, 10:16 AM
can't wait for these. Alpha looks great, Obi alright and the Luke and R2 are cool.

General_Grievous
01-20-2007, 11:33 AM
They all look okay (except Artoo), but what's up with Obi-Wan's hair? That ain't his AOTC mullet.

Jargo
01-20-2007, 11:47 AM
strangely i really like the R2. it's different enough to be cool. Loving Villie but everything else is like bantha poodoo. I shall buy Villie and maybe the R2. which means if i do i'll have a Luke stormie and Quinlan Vos going spare for someone. I mean, why keep the trash you don't need right?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Holy crap, these all look awesome!

Finally, a great AOTC Obi-Wan. I love the added articulation on the cloak. They really did Alpha well; you can see on his helmet that they added the little viewfinder thing over his right eye, which I thought for sure they'd forget.

R2-D2 and Luke are more or less what I expected them to be. They'll look awesome with the first wave.

I don't even know who Villie is, but he and Quinlan look amazing.

I'll definitely get all three of these. It's a sweet deal, especially if they're still only $10.

Tycho
01-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Villie is a gambler, mercenary, and bounty hunter.

He was originally supposed to kill Quinlan Vos, but when he learned other hunters were after his target, he made bets on how long Quinlan could last, then proceeded to assist him to survive but ended up feeling begrudging friendship towards him.

Villie will also take two contracts on prey: he'll get paid for the live-capture, and then get paid for the rescue from his former clients.

Aside from the fact that he gambles insatiably, can't be in a room with chicks and not flirt, and he talks like "JarJar-Lite," he could almost show up Boba Fett were he a serious character. If Vilmahr Grahrk were presented that way, he could be dangerous - but he's presented more like Willey E. Coyote who's always after the road runner. However, the WB's Senior Coyote doesn't weild twin blasters and thermal detonators.

JediTricks
01-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Tycho, this confirms your 2 questions from last week's Q&A, the one about clone armor Obi-Wan and the new-sculpts Quinlan & Villie, so I took them off this week's list.

Quinlan appears to be the first figure in the entire SW line with universal-jointed arms that are unclothed at the joint - shoulders too. It looks good in the prototype.

TheRealDubya
01-20-2007, 04:23 PM
MR. DADDYPANTS: "strangely i really like the R2. it's different enough to be cool."

I agree -- the paint scheme almost has a Droids feel to it. I got my Han-Chewie 2-pack in the mail today from KB, and I gotta say I really love the Han. And I'm sure they'll do the Luke and Han stormies with regular decos on single cards, eventually. The blue paint is weird, but I dig it.

Tycho
01-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Tycho, this confirms your 2 questions from last week's Q&A, the one about clone armor Obi-Wan and the new-sculpts Quinlan & Villie, so I took them off this week's list.
That's fine. A picture is worth a 1000 words anyway! :)

Quinlan appears to be the first figure in the entire SW line with universal-jointed arms that are unclothed at the joint - shoulders too. It looks good in the prototype.

Does it? Quinlan is turned sideways in the Entertainment Earth picture. I really can't wait to see new, straight-on, front pictures of him. As it stands, I haven't decided for myself. I can tell you that the costume is authentic and looks to be very well done. I hope the arm joints are just as good. I can see they took Quin's popularity with the EU fan base seriously when they went all out and molded a lot of extra pieces for this figure to sport serious articulation.

JediTricks
01-21-2007, 03:05 AM
Yeah, the shoulder and elbow joints are definitely universal joints (a rotation joint leading into a hinge, standard for this type of joint) and the first I can think of done in "nude" rather than clothed... wait, I remember 1 earlier, VOTC Luke has 'em under his tunic, but those are not so good and not meant to be seen.

General_Grievous
01-21-2007, 01:27 PM
I've been staring at the Obi-Wan for a while now. It still doesn't look like AOTC Obi-Wan. It looks more like Gary Oldman in "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban". I guess it's supposed to represent the transitioning period between AOTC and ROTS.

tagmac
01-21-2007, 08:31 PM
I'd really like to get the Quinlan/Ville 2-pack, but I doubt I'll ever see it in my area.

dindae
01-22-2007, 09:46 AM
These are what I was hoping for. I can't wait to see some hi-res pics.

Slicker
01-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Quinlan looks like a gay Highlander...

Tycho
01-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Quinlan looks like a gay Highlander...

And Villie says to Quin, "I wish I could quit you!"

Jayspawn
01-23-2007, 11:32 AM
The Obi-Wan/ARC pack looks great. Especially the Obi-Wan.

I'll probably get Quinlan to have a good background Jedi.

sebillba
01-24-2007, 03:46 AM
I might get the Alpha 2 pack because of Alpha. Dont really want Obi-Wan though.

KH, if you're interested, I might be up for splitting this set with you.... I really need to cut back, and EU clones is a good place to start. I do want the Obi though.

Kidhuman
01-24-2007, 06:02 AM
Will let you know Sebillba

sebillba
01-30-2007, 04:45 AM
Yeah, the shoulder and elbow joints are definitely universal joints (a rotation joint leading into a hinge, standard for this type of joint) and the first I can think of done in "nude" rather than clothed... wait, I remember 1 earlier, VOTC Luke has 'em under his tunic, but those are not so good and not meant to be seen.

JT, I've just been reminded about this Anakin figure from the Jedi Vs Sith battle pack....

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/ROTS/sw05BPjediVSsithanakinfr.jpg

bigbarada
01-30-2007, 02:43 PM
I don't see a single rumor of a carded release of the Han and Luke Stormtrooper figures. So I'm almost convinced that we won't see the non-blue versions of these figures for a while.:sad:

JediTricks
01-30-2007, 05:28 PM
JT, I've just been reminded about this Anakin figure from the Jedi Vs Sith battle pack....

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/ROTS/sw05BPjediVSsithanakinfr.jpgClearly, I couldn't think of it. :p Yeah, that's a prior usage alright - a little ugly though, I think this new usage looks better so far.

Jargo
01-30-2007, 06:07 PM
God that Anakin is ugly.