PDA

View Full Version : Farewell DeckardSmith

Rollo Tomassi
08-16-2001, 02:32 AM
So long buddy . . . Who will be here every minute of the day, watching over us while we post?

JediTricks
08-16-2001, 04:02 AM
I'd love to see that guy come back and see all the fun his online status garnered. ;)

Rollo Tomassi
08-16-2001, 04:05 AM
Would he be able to live up to the legend ? ? ?

12inch Lando
08-16-2001, 05:25 AM
I shed a tear for his passing. Gone but not forgotten. Goodbye DeckardSmith.

GNT
08-16-2001, 05:54 AM
Geez,Its sad to lose someone :(

TeeEye7
08-16-2001, 08:15 AM
See? I told you the glitch would be fixed when he no longer appeared!;)

QLD
08-16-2001, 09:25 AM
I shed a tear at his passing, and offer a moment of silence, to the man, the myth, the legend, Deckard Smith.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-16-2001, 11:17 AM
Just a "little" note to our True Moderator, Deckard Smith.

----------
"Moisture Farmer? MOISTURE FARMER??

El Chuxter
08-16-2001, 01:18 PM
Meesa back!

Just wanted to let everyone know ol' Deckard's still logged in under the old forums.

And does anyone have a tome to explain the new posting method? :)

Mike Troxell
08-16-2001, 01:56 PM
COME BACK, DECKARD SMITH!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-16-2001, 05:53 PM
Chuxter, you are impatient. Learn as you go, a Jedi does. Oh, wait. We're Moisture Farmers; we take what we need whenever we want it! Just do whatever you want, and if it don't work, try somethin' else!

Will my signature ever work?

--------

Jargo
08-16-2001, 06:42 PM
?Maybe Deckard was metamorphosed into these new forums like a big beautiful technobutterfly. Wow! That's like - totally trippy... totally tubular.. man! :P

Bel-Cam your signature does show. Does mine? Is this a forum that only shows the signature to other members and not to yourself because you don't need to see it

the master jedi
08-16-2001, 09:08 PM
I think there should be some sort of shrine or something for deckardsmith on sirstevesguide.com

Starfig873
08-16-2001, 09:27 PM
*clears throat* if I may: YOUR CANDLE BLEW OUT BEFORE YOUR LEGEND EVER DIIIIIIID.....thank you, thank you....Mike, Frank, people at home, little friends...goodnight :p

JediTricks
08-17-2001, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Bel-Cam your signature does show. Does mine? Is this a forum that only shows the signature to other members and not to yourself because you don't need to see it

No, you should see your signature line once you've made one. Check the thread I made in the Comments/Suggestions section for a solution to the sig-line problem many folks have been running into. The short version is "after saving your sig line, go straight to the main forum page, do not click "submit modifications" on the Edit Profile page you are sent to.

GNT
08-17-2001, 02:39 AM
LOL guys who would ever think he would bring us all together and now he is no longer with us :(

QLD
08-17-2001, 03:15 AM
We should make some kind of annual Deckard Smith award. Give it out to whoever logs the most time on the site.

While we are at it why don't we make a Panaka/Sith Ninja award for spelling errors.

I would say make a QLD award, for, you know, but I would win every year.

Starfig873
08-17-2001, 07:59 AM
Oh Quite-Long-Dong you kidder *canned laughter*

:D :D :D

Jargo
08-17-2001, 08:06 AM
Thanks JT. Got it sorted from your other thread posting. Now all I have to do is think of something a little more.....

QLD
08-17-2001, 09:37 AM
Starfig, who's kidding???

;)

Eternal Padawan
08-17-2001, 11:31 AM
We are on to you, Rollo Tomassi, your duplicity will soon be revealed to the world...

Darth Cruel
08-18-2001, 04:03 AM
Who's deckardsmith?

bigbarada
08-18-2001, 04:15 AM
Anakin's father. :D :D

Rollo Tomasi
08-18-2001, 04:27 AM
That's not true! That's impossible!

---falls away, screaming like a girl---

QLD
08-18-2001, 06:11 PM
Well that explains it all then!!! Actually, no it doesn't. Maybe Clarissa can explain it all.

Rollo Tomassi
02-08-2002, 02:24 PM
Hey! I "started" this thread, but this is the first time I've ever actually posted in it. Wierd, huh?

:Pirate: Yeaargh!!

Bel-Cam Jos
02-08-2002, 07:23 PM
Now, THIS is weird. I thought I just posted to this thread, but it doesn't show up. Well, what I said was...

And Rollo, how has your last post added to the quality of this technological terror you've created? But then later I found THIS:

Rollo Tomassi
Jedi Master

Post #3
Would he be able to live up to the legend ? ? ?

Edit Signature | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

08-16-2001 01:05 AM

No replies, eh Rollo Tomassi? If that IS your real name! Wasn't there a question of your identity just a few months ago? Could DeckardSmith be the clone of the child of Utinni and Rollo T.? Same Bat-time! Same Bat-channel! :D

Bel-Cam Jos
02-08-2002, 08:13 PM
I went prospectin' again in the Forums(Old) and found our mysterious poster's profile:

Member Profile for DeckardSmith
Email: deckard182@msn.com
Posts 0

However, for those new Forum members, DS did post at least once (ask El Chuxter about that), since the "Eternal Padawan" glitch was in effect back then, where some members' post totals remained at zero. Basically, DeckardSmith showed up as a "Current Members Active" constantly. In fact, this is what it says now: Current Active Registered Users:
There are currently 3 logged-in members and 353 visiting guests.
DeckardSmith | Bel-Cam Jos III | Size-18 Kenobi (should we ask who Size-18 Kenobi is, too? ;) ) We had some theories as to why (I'll try to dig them up, too) Open Letter to Deckard Smith (http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=7&PID=5086) and so he gained minor notoriety here at SSG.

Rollo Tomassi
02-20-2002, 04:08 PM
Rollo Tomassi is NOT my real name.;)

How dare you mention Utinni and I in the same sentence?:mad:

I was merely commenting that Rollo Tomassi started this thread, but it wasn't me, but rather, the "impostor" Rollo. So my first post in this thread wasn't my post at all, it was his (even though I inherited it when my useName was rightfully restored to me.) And my actual first post was that last one there. Confused? Good.:happy:

Now everyone is going to start going around thinking Rollo isn't the actual Rollo at all, but instead he's some kind of Rollo Clone and we all know clones don't get near as much respect as the originals...:rolleyes:

El Chuxter
02-20-2002, 05:44 PM
But then you'd be Roollo!

Yah know, methinks Utinni has an extra 'N' in it. . . .

master jedi
02-20-2002, 07:03 PM
Bye Deckard. You were like a brother to me. I will miss you greatly.
***I start crying like a little girl and run out of the room.***:D

Bel-Cam Jos
02-20-2002, 08:31 PM
How convenient. ANOTHER Rollo, eh Rollo? Can't you come up with some better non-soap opera story? next you're gonna tell us there used to be some mythical ISE Creature that would prevent people from posting on this site.

(Tapped on shoulder)

Really? You don't say?

(Tapped on shoulder again)

Oh, you DO say! Well, then. That's different. :crazed: :sur:

Rollo Tomassi
02-21-2002, 02:04 PM
I suppose there was some glitch that prevented an accurate post count total, too. (snicker). Sure. Whatever. Stuck at zero? Ha.

2-1B
07-15-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I'd love to see that guy come back and see all the fun his online status garnered. ;)

Uhhhhhhhhhhh it appears as if he has returned. :eek:
If Deckard Smith reads this, are you THE Deckard Smith?
Because if you are, you may want to read up on your celebrity.

This is weird, because a few days ago I posted in the Halloween thread that "Deckard Smith" is back because a character uses the internet handle "Deckard".
I bet it's a ruse . . . we've not heard from the Rubber Cat lately. :rolleyes:

billfremore
07-15-2002, 01:31 PM
Ahh Deckard, we hardly knew ya...

(sniff) :cry:

Jargo
07-15-2002, 02:29 PM
He's baaaa-aaaaack! :eek: I wonder what he wants from us..... He's like a tease, posts once every year where hardly anyone will notice then slinks off again while we regurgitate dead threads to talk about him. He wants to know how to customise the ranking apparently...

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=134679#post134679

Eternal Padawan
07-15-2002, 03:35 PM
All our base are belong to him...;)

Darth Nitwit
07-15-2002, 10:18 PM
I'm confused!!!

Jedi Knightrider
07-15-2002, 10:23 PM
we cannot survive make our time.

Deckard Smith
07-16-2002, 10:29 AM
I am overwhelmed. Thank you for that link Bel-Cam Jos. That was very entertaining. I am enjoying all the attention you have afforded me these many months. I shall try to live up to legend you have created around me. I feel like I am taking something away from all of you. Perhaps I should heed the thread title's advice and say Farewell? It will take awhile to discern all the little injokes in this thread. Thanks to everyone for making me an instant star.

master jedi
07-16-2002, 05:15 PM
Where have you been all this time Deckard?

Bel-Cam Jos
07-16-2002, 06:16 PM
If he's been in a coma, slumped over his computer keyboard all this time, that'll be freaky! :eek:

"He is the Chosen One. You must see it!"
"Great fear have I in his posting."
"Then I will train him. I take Deckard Smith as my Angry Loner."
"Impossible. The email link forbids it."

Hee hee... ;)

Welcome. I hope fame doesn't turn bad on you.

Deckard Smith
07-16-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
If he's been in a coma, slumped over his computer keyboard all this time, that'll be freaky! :eek:

"He is the Chosen One. You must see it!"
"Great fear have I in his posting."
"Then I will train him. I take Deckard Smith as my Angry Loner."
"Impossible. The email link forbids it."

Hee hee... ;)

Welcome. I hope fame doesn't turn bad on you.

I certainly hope so, too. No coma, just a reduction in internet time. Mostly I read through the news sites, but I went and saw the new Star Wars movie and thought I'd scroll through all the old websites. This one seemed like a good spot so I logged in and here I am. I hardly expected to be the center of attention when I got here. It makes me want to come back more often. Do you do this to all the new users?

Jedi Knightrider
07-16-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Deckard Smith
Do you do this to all the new users?

Only the new users that have this much back-story fame on this site, which are, like, none. so, no.

Deckard Smith
07-16-2002, 09:58 PM
Then it pleases me to be the first.

Jonna
07-16-2002, 10:03 PM
Just one question will decide if we are to be friends or not Deckard! Do you like Ketchup?

The Rubber Cat
07-16-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Caesar

Uhhhhhhhhhhh it appears as if he has returned. :eek:
If Deckard Smith reads this, are you THE Deckard Smith?
Because if you are, you may want to read up on your celebrity.

This is weird, because a few days ago I posted in the Halloween thread that "Deckard Smith" is back because a character uses the internet handle "Deckard".
I bet it's a ruse . . . we've not heard from The Rubber Cat lately. :rolleyes:

OHO! Don't presume that since The Rubber Cat has not announced his presence, that he is not lurking...

As penance, you shall now ALL have to capitalize the "T" in The Rubber Cat! And bring me goldfish! Yummy!:happy:

Heh Hoo!

Nexu
07-16-2002, 11:40 PM
Rub Cat is back. Hurrah!!! Hurrah!!! :rolleyes: ;) :D :crazed: