PDA

View Full Version : Hyperspace & SW Insider to part ways, or "WTF???"

JediTricks
01-23-2007, 05:16 AM
Where did this come from?
http://www.starwars.com/community/fanclub/mag/news20070122.html

Honestly, my first reaction was a genuine "WTF", after 2 and a half years of Hyperspace now this? And from June on, if you want both it's $45? And granted I've been out of the loop for a while, but the Insider will be 4 regular yearly issues and 2 specials?

Basically, from what I can tell the Insider will no longer be the Fan Club magazine, it'll just be a Star Wars magazine - somehow, that doesn't seem as exciting to me. And that makes StarWars.com's Hyperspace section the Fan Club magazine but it's of course only online. Where is this coming from? What is the point? Do fan club members really care about Hyperspace over the Insider now? Will Hyperspace comprised entirely of online content be able to carry the Fan Club by itself?

Jargo
01-23-2007, 06:38 AM
wonder when they start vetting potential hyperspace members for possible criminal records, herecy and genetic defect. all hail the elite for lucas he loves your dollars. he loves your non critical fawning and adoration. blessed are they whom shall not be sullied by prequel dissin'. let he with mucho moolah enter the hallowed portals and he without go hang.....

stillakid
01-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Hyperspace doesn't fit on my shelf as nicely as the Insider and Bantha Tracks have for years and years.

El Chuxter
01-23-2007, 10:44 AM
It may be $45 for both, but it's still $0 for neither! :)

On the other hand, maybe they were getting complaints from A) people who b****ed that the magazine was only a bunch of ads, and B) people who wanted only online or the magazine. If so, there's a chance--albeit slim--that this could be for the best.

Wonder what the "added benefits" to Hyperspace will be... maybe the chance to pay for more exclusive advertising content.

2-1B
01-23-2007, 08:57 PM
WTF indeed. :confused: They really need to do something about the quality of what they offer...charging for the online stuff is a joke and they should focus on putting out a decent magazine with enough value to make it worth paying for.

Rocketboy
01-23-2007, 09:47 PM
The Insider is great bathroom reading while Hyperspace is sh*t.

2-1B
01-23-2007, 09:48 PM
When you put it that way, I guess they go well together. lol

stillakid
01-23-2007, 11:15 PM
The Insider is great bathroom reading while Hyperspace is sh*t.

WiFi. :thumbsup: