PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro 12" OOM-9

Darth Cruel
01-23-2007, 12:25 PM
I dug out OOM-9 last night. And after having him stored for years I found that he was warped horribly. His left leg was crossed over his right and his left arm was twisted almost half-way around (the upper arm) causing his arm to be crossed over his front with his left hand nearly over the right edge of his body. His head was twisted so that it was nearly looking to the left. I knew they warped some in certain conditions, but I was a little surprised at the extent of this one. And the regular battle droid was every bit as bad...but that is a different thread.

Anyway, I have been getting tips from many different sources and one of them dealt with heating a figure to make it easier to work with. This worked so well on my Sideshow Jedi Luke Skywalker to do a head swap on to a better mannequin that I decided to try it on these figures.

By the time I got done, I was kicking myself for not having done any before and after pictures. Some people use a hair dryer, but I have a heat gun similar to a hair dryer in that it blows hot air, but this one is much stronger as it is intended to heat steel to be welded. But the figures are now displayed with the Sideshow figures (against everything I believe in) until Sideshow does a better one. I am even seriously considering heating the arms so that the can be positioned to better hold their blasters in a shooting pose.

Needless to say...I am very happy about this newly-aquired skill.

JediTricks
01-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Perhaps that's too MUCH heat! :p I would use one of the heat guns for shrinking shrink-wrapping around wiring myself, but I'm too much of a wuss to actually point heat at my figures. I fear my 12" Battle Droid is suffering a similar fate, but I don't know where he is and I don't want to dig him out just to discover he's all gumbyied up.

Don't worry about before pictures, just wait a few months and he'll be ruined again. ;) Thanks Hasbro! :mad: