PDA

View Full Version : Movies that deserve the Action Figure Treatment

Brave Sir Robin
02-03-2002, 06:14 PM
BRAVEHEART- who wouldn't buy Braveheart toys? C'mon! There seriously needs to be a William Wallace action figure. They should make Lego too, they've already got tons of castle sets, they just need to release a few minifig sets, maybe for the Lego studios line, and they'd be golden.

WILLIE WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACORY- They could make a whole line from Willie Wonka, the Oompa Loompas, and the kids from the movie.

BLADE RUNNER- Because the movie was released in a cruel, no toys for un-kiddie movies era, there are no Blade Runner figures. Nowadays, the cool characters and spacey vehicles make it a toy goldmine. So somebody start making them!

BATMAN & BATMAN RETURNS- I would have thought that I'd have died and gone to heaven if somebody like McFarlane decided to make strictly movie figures of Michael Keaton as Batman, Jack Nicholson as the Joker, Danny DeVito as the Penguin and Michelle Pfiffer as Catwoman.

THE GOONIES- Sloth, Chunk, Data and the rest of the gang definatley need some action figures. It would be awesome if McFarlane or N2 toys picked up the licence.

TIME BANDITS- Terry Gilliams cult fantasy comedy was MADE to have a toy tie-in. We need the cast of the main dwarves, and also figures of Kevin, Evil, Robin Hood, Napoleon and King Agamemmnon.

INDIANA JONES- I've said it before and I'll say it again: WE WANT INDY TOYS! Hard-to-find vintage figures and Disney exclusives are not enough.

Beast
02-03-2002, 07:21 PM
I want these three lines, and I think that only McFarlane could do justice to them. I hope he's looking into the possiblities of Re-animator, I know that he keeps trying to grab Hellraiser.

Hellraiser Films: To bad that Disney is being a bugger about rights. McFarlane has tried numerous times to get the rights to produce Pinhead and the other Centobites, but Disney who owns the rights to the film thru one of its other holdings, refuses due to the graphic nature of the films.

Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal: I wouldn't mind seeing atleast Dr. Lecter in plastic. Again, I think only McFarlane could do Hannibal justice sculpt and paint wise. Maybe do two figures, so that we can get Mason Verger as well, but I doubt that we would see either actress that plays Starling allow a figure to be made.

Re-Animator/Bride of Re-Animator: This would be great to see as a full line from McFarlane. Probably 5 figures would be all that would be needed. Here's what I see in the line:
Dr. Herbert West w/ Lab Equipment and Dog w/Human Forearm
Dr. Danial Cain and Megan Halsy
Dr. Carl Hill w/ removable head, and attachable bat wings
The Bride w/ removable limbs and heart

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mike Troxell
02-03-2002, 08:02 PM
Hmmmm....very good post :)

Edward Scissorhands--not just the one McFarlane movie maniac (or the crappy Japanese toy), I want all kinds of wacky Edward designs.

Batman/Batman Returns--Movie authentic toys, not what they've put out thus far. Batman, Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, Commissioner Gordon, Vicki Vale, Alfred the Butler, Selina Kyle, Max Shrek, Carl Grissom, Batmobile, Batwing, Batboat, Jack Napier. It would be swell.

Ghostbusters/Ghostbusters 2--Once again, a movie authentic line. All kinds of neat stuff could be made in this one. And I NEED a Rick Moranis figure!

Beetlejuice (Sorry about all the Tim Burton--I'll stop soon, I promise). Movie authentic. When I saw those recent pieces of crap that they released, I almost cried. Beetlejuice in many costumes, Lydia, Adam, Barbara, Otho, ghosts, etc. Movie authentic, hopefully.

Nightmare Before Christmas (My last Tim Burton pick, I swear! His movies just lend themselves to action figures.)--Maybe a continuation of the old line, which wasn't all that bad.

Indiana Jones--Oh the choices! I won't go into them here.

Twin Peaks--I'd love to see some Twin Peaks action figures. So many great characters. Laura Palmer, Leland Palmer, BOB, The Midget, the Giant, Agent Cooper, etc. At least a movie maniacs 2-pack of Laura and BOB!

Attack of the Clones--Real action figures, not just statues ;)

Gremlins! Every toy possible for Gremlins and Gremlins 2 should be made now!

Back to the Future Trilogy--With the DVD release at hand, a Marty/Doc/DeLorean set would be really neat.

A.I. Artificial Intelligence--I don't care what you guys say, it's one of my favorite movies and it has great design. I want it now! :)

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory--Speaking of "I Want it Now", Charlie, Grampa Joe, Willy, Augustus, Veruca, Mike, Violet, and lots and lots of Oompa Loompas! Plus a glass elevator and a boat.

E.T. The Extraterrestrial--Only better made then the ones out there now.

Superman (Film)--Wouldn't that be swell? Clark, Superman, Lois, Jor El, Lex Luthor, the three from the forbidden zone, etc., etc., etc.

The Goonies--an absolute must--Mikey, Chunk, Mouth, etc., etc., etc., etc.

Men in Black--Not sure if they made toys for the first one, but a MacFarlane two pack of the two main characters would be neat.

The Pee-Wee Chronicles--A bunch of figures from any and all Pee-Wee projects, from the stand up acts to Big Adventure (Whoops, another Burton film), to Playhouse to Big Top. Maybe they should leave out Mugshot though.

I guess that's it for now. I'll probably think of a buttload more by tomorrow night...

mrhat
02-03-2002, 10:59 PM
THE FIFTH ELEMENT!!!!!
Those have true potential as long as the right people do them, i mean think of it, Lelu, the Diva, Ruby, Etc... those would be AWESOME, i drool in delight

Mystery Science Theatre 3000
Not a movie, as so, but this show was cool.

Hannibal, just Lector in the Movie Maniacs series

2-1B
02-03-2002, 11:55 PM
I would like to see a whole line of figures from This is Spinal Tap. I know they released that 12 inch set, but I'd like a smaller scaled line with MULTIPLE costumes.

They would have to get permission to use the likeness of Gumby if they were to do some of Nigel's costumes properly.

I would go for a Stonehenge collector set, with monument prop and "little people of Stonhenge" figures.

David St. Hubbins with cheesy homemade Saturn shirt.

Derek Smalls with "malfunctioning" pod . . . heck, even concept figures based on Janine's Zodiak designs :D

Beast
02-04-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by mrhat
Mystery Science Theatre 3000
Not a movie, as so, but this show was cool.

Doh, how could I forget my favorite TV series of all time. I would love to see a line of action figures/collector's figures. They could get away with 2 2-Packs and 2 3-packs. Maybe an exclusive Torgo figure as well. :)

Joel Robinson and Mike Nelson
Tom Servo, Crow T. Robot, and Gypsy
Dr. Forrester and TV's Frank
Pearl Forrester, Observer (Brain Guy), and Professor Bobo

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
02-04-2002, 12:12 AM
Speaking of TV shows, I would like to see The Sopranos given the action figure treatment. I know they don't offer anything really intriguing, I just love the show and would like them for display.

2-1B
02-04-2002, 12:15 AM
BTW JarJarBinks, I really dig your new avatar, with our friend in his new congressional outfit. :)

Beast
02-04-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
BTW JarJarBinks, I really dig your new avatar, with our friend in his new congressional outfit. :)

Thanks, It's just to bad that I had to drop the color out behind him so that I could fit it into the allowed room for avatars. I'll probably change it again, once I get a good picture of Mr. Binks' in his E2 action figure incarnation. I think Jar Jar looks great in his new Senatorial robes. And after reading the spoiler section, I am filled with great anticipation for May. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-04-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Brave Sir Robin
BATMAN & BATMAN RETURNS- I would have thought that I'd have died and gone to heaven if somebody like McFarlane decided to make strictly movie figures of Michael Keaton as Batman, Jack Nicholson as the Joker, Danny DeVito as the Penguin and Michelle Pfiffer as Catwoman.

I would like to see a more accurate Riddler,Two Face,Poisen Ivy(What was Hasbro thinking?) and a totally cool Mr Freeze,All new movie figures

THE FIFTH ELEMENT!!!!!
Those have true potential as long as the right people do them, i mean think of it, Lelu, the Diva, Ruby, Etc... those would be AWESOME, i drool in delight

I'm afraid the line has been cancelled :( Its to bad because they looked really cool :)

Men in Black--Not sure if they made toys for the first one, but a MacFarlane two pack of the two main characters would be neat.

They've already made figures for the first film,not bad but could use more work,Love Jeebs and Micke or whatever his name was ;)

SithDroid
02-04-2002, 02:38 AM
Pulp Fiction - We already got the Reservoir Dogs, so bring on the Pulp.

Mystery Science Theatre 3000 - All I need is Tom Servo and Crow

New Indiana Jones figures

Definately a NEW and IMPROVED Beetlejuice line.

The Goonies - Sloth for sure

Willy Wonka - Oompa Loompa a must

Definatley New E.T. (the new figures look horrible)

Back to the Future would be cool, Marty w/ Delorian, Doc w/ Einstein, Marty's Mom and Dad from 50's, Biff 3-pack (Young Biff, Middle Aged Biff, and Old Biff), Clock Tower Playset.

Superman - Superman, Lex Luthor. Otis, Ms. Tesmocker

Big Trouble in Little China (I think they might be coming out)

Tombstone - Doc Holliday for sure plus an O.K. corral playset.

Braveheart - William Wallace, the King, the Queen, Insane Irish guy, Amish, Amish's father, Murron, Murron's parents

Die Hard Trilogy - John McClane figure, Sam Jackson Figure, Jeremy Irons Figure, Hans Gruber, McClane's wife, Mr. Takamura

That's all I can think of right now.

Brave Sir Robin
02-04-2002, 01:01 PM
Great scott! How could I forget Back to the future! I love those movies! They seriously need to make figures from that beloved trilogy.

Mike, I agree that Tim Burton's movies all deserve action figures. I don't know how well a line of Edward Scissorhands figures would do as many of the characters are pretty boring-looking. However, I'd definatley buy figures of Edward, Kim, the Inventor and Edward in the white shirt and suspensers if they made some, and it would be awesome if they made a playset-diorama of the Cookie factory.

As movie maniacs go, I'd definatley go for figures of John McClaine, Hannibal Lecter, Alex from "A Clockwork Orange" and Jack Torrence from "The Shining" but I probably wouldn't go for the supporting casts of these movies.

I also think that Flattworld figures should definatley make more Rocky Horror Picture Show figures than just Dr. Frank N. Furter, Riff Raff, and Columbia. I wanna see figures of Magenta, Brad, Janet, Dr. Scott and of course Eddie!

JetsAndHeels
02-04-2002, 04:30 PM
I think all of you have great ideas and I would love to see all of these toys get made. Here is what I would like to see.

1. Gladiator-One kickass movie that deserved a toy line from day one. We could have Maximus in General's Gear (with horse and accessories), Maximus-Arena battle (with helmet and weapons),
Titus of Gaul (with weapons and 2 tigers), and of course Commodus, complete with back-stabbing action. A cool playset would be the Coliseum with real sand and sound affects.
2. Smallville-One of my favorite TV shows and a fine one at that.
Supes doesnt have to be wearing his suit to be cool. A 2 pack with Clark and Lana Lang would be awesome. No fanboy can deny that he wants a Lana Lang figure. I know I do!!
Other figures would be Lex, Whitney, Chloe, and even a 2 pack of Martha and Jonathan Kent. Imagine the real scan technology on these. Lana would be awesome!!
3. Black Hawk Down-This movie has only been out 2 weeks and already it deserves a toy line. If anyone else here has seen it you probably agree with me in that it was a wonderful movie. Of course we would get Ewan McGregor's character, complete with army fatigues, weapons, and his signature coffee cup and coffee pot (see the movie if youre not sure about that). Josh Hartnett with weapons and accesorries, and the infamous "skinnies", or Somalian warriors.
Of course we would have to have the Black Hawk helicopter vehicle, complete with "crash damage" and pop-apart features.

GNT
02-05-2002, 12:53 AM
I forgot I'd like to see James Bond toys,All the Bonds,Badguys,Q,Cars gadgets, the lot!

master jedi
02-05-2002, 09:50 PM
I'd like to see some Dumb and Dumber figures.

stillakid
02-06-2002, 12:22 AM
Has Trish Stratus made any movies? :D

Any movie with Bridgette Wilson in it, just so I could have her in front of me at the desk. :)

And I second The Fifth Element. Some seriously cool figures and vehicles could come out of that line.

Not that I'm necessarily clamoring for them, but it's curious that we have yet to see any attempt made to put out MASH figures, arguably one of the most popular television series of all time.

jeddah
02-06-2002, 01:28 PM
American Gothic Too bad it was axed and the network screwed up the schedule in any case. I loved this series and miss it like mad. :(
Close Encounters of the 3rd kind More from an Action Fleet point of view, with toys of The Mothership, 3 speeder UFOs, Shaver UFO, Black Triangle, Hueys etc
Little Shop of Horrors Audrey II through her various stages of growth and all the other characters.
IT Pennywise and all his other identities along with Eddie Kasbrak (with pants-pooper action), and all the others. Could be a good idea for deluxe line where you get the kiddie and the adult. :D
Farscape More figures, and SHIPS SHIPS SHIPS! :)

jeddah

Jayspawn
02-06-2002, 02:08 PM
Here's what I want to see:

Ghostbusters: Ray Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zedmoore, and Peter Venkman.

The Blues Brohters: Jake and Elwood Blues.

Dick Tracy: (good ones this time) Dick Tracy, Big Boy Caprice, Breathless Mahoney, Flattop, Itchy, Pruneface, Lips Manlis, Littleface, The Brow, etc.

Hannibal: Dr. Hannibal Lector and Clarice Starling.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Admiral James Kirk, Captain Spock, Lt. Saavik, Khan, Scotty, Uhura, Checkov, Sulu and Dr. McCoy.

The Fifth Element: Corbin Dallas, Leelu, and Zorg.

Pulp Fiction: Jules Winfield, Vincent Vega, Mia Wallace, Butch Cooliage.

Batman: Good Batman (Keaton), Joker (Nicholson), The Penguin (DeVito), and Catwoman (Pfeiffer)figures.

From Dusk Till Dawn: Richard & Seth Gecko.

Men In Black: Agnet K, Angent J, Zed, and Edgar the Bug.

Indiana Jones: Indiana Jones, Sallah, Marcus Brody, Dr. Henry Jones, Marion Ravenwood, Shortround, Willie Scott, Elsa Schneider, Hitler, Walter Donvan, ALL of em!

Back to the Future: Marty McFly, Dr. 'Doc' Brown, George and Loraine McFly (50's style), Young Biff, Jennifer Parker and Mr. Strickland.

Lman316
02-06-2002, 04:00 PM
I too would like to see some accurate Ghostbuster figures - I've been wanting them for a long time.
I was looking forward to the Fifth Element figures. That sucks if they've really been cancelled.
And one series I would really like to see would be Highlander. I heard someone was going to make these and then they got cancelled too, but I think they would have been awesome. I don't know who they were planning on having in the line, but you'd have to have Conner, maybe Duncan, and definitely the Kurgan! :crazed:
And I think a Hanibal Lector figure would be cool too, but I read in Toyfare that Anthony Hopkins won't sign off on a likeness for him.

Tycho
02-07-2002, 03:00 AM
The Patriot - think about how cool all the 18th Century figures with horses could look - the unique uniforms and costumes... cannons, even the freighter ship, covered wagons and the dogs... But Benjamin Martin "The Ghost" deserves a few figures! One covered in blood with his tomahawk! The evil British Colonel, etc....

Young Guns - Billy and the Regulators versus the Santa Fe Ring!!! With Pat Garret! And a Lincoln County War playset!

Tombstone - someone else said it. I say for sure! The Earps and Doc Holiday versus Ike Clanton, Curly Bill, and especially Johnny Ringo! Shoot em up at the OK Corral!

Indiana Jones - it would be about time!

Back to the Future - for sure! Scaled to fit with accessories from everything from the Delorrean to horses and Mad Dog Tannen!

The Terminator needs a way better toyline than what has been done for them. Something POTJ quality with future war vehicles as well as the semi-trucks and the Assualt at Cyberdine playset!

The Predator and Aliens could be done with movie accuracy and POTJ detailing (or better) and accessories.

Mad Max could be done at the 3 3/4" scale to go with Road Warrior vehicles.

Waterworld could be done with movie accuracy and more vehicles. They never did release The Mariner's boat did they? That thing was awesome! Smokers needed to come with their jet skis and an Atoll playset would have rocked!

Starship Troopers deserved a smaller scale and movie accurate figures with vehicles. (and a sequel could be cool!)

For Star Trek - I am adamant that they keep the Playmates scale for plastic clothed, carded figures, and give all the characters and vehicles from Deep Space Nine's DOMINION WARS justice! Where was Martogg, the Founders, Weyoun, Gul Damar, Brunt - F.C.A. etc? How about a small Defiant (like Hasbro Falcon size) that the figures could go in? And Jem Hadar Fighters, a Klingon Bird of Prey? Hmmm?

The Batman movies deserve a highly accurate line designed for vehicles and playsets.

Spiderman's movie deserves better toys. (I can tell you that and the movie isn't even out yet...)

I keep asking myself whether Pearl Harbor could work as a toy line.... GI Joe is the obvious answer, but movie accurate???

With TV shows, they should bring back the Dukes of Hazzard with vehicles.

The A-Team.

Miami Vice.

Knight Rider.

Oh - and Jay and Silent Bob deserve action figures from their new movie - especially Shannon Elizabeth's character!!!

Mike Troxell
02-07-2002, 05:45 PM
If McFarane relased a set of movie-accurate View Askew figures, I would crap myself with joy. The Jay and Silent Bob figures are cool and all, but movie-accurate and not cartoony would be this line's thing.

Dante, Randall, Jay, Silent Bob, Bluntman, Chronic, Brodie, T.S., Shannon Hamilton, Alyssa, Banky, Hooper X, etc. etc. etc etc.

master jedi
02-08-2002, 10:14 PM
I want some 'Manos, the Hands of Fate' figures.

GNT
02-09-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
The Terminator needs a way better toyline than what has been done for them. Something POTJ quality with future war vehicles as well as the semi-trucks and the Assualt at Cyberdine playset!

Hopefully we'll see a line for the upcoming 3rd move of The Terminator

McFarlane did release some sweet Terminator figures,Too expensive for me but vey nice otherwise :)

Battle Droid
02-09-2002, 02:21 AM
Jurassic Park
The Lost World : Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park 3

Figures redone, with more character/dinosaur figures made that are actually in the films.

It deserves the same as the Star Wars line treatment.

Brave Sir Robin
02-10-2002, 05:02 PM
Yes yes YES! A Close Encounters playset with the mothership landing on Devil's Tower! That would be awesome. Here's some other ideas...

Labyrinth- Sarah, The Goblin King, Huggle and all those freaky little puppets are action figures already! Come on!

The Princess Bride- Buttercup, Westly, Inero Mantoyez, Prince Humperdink, the lot. It would be cool if they had voice chips that said things like "INCONCIEVABLE!"