PDA

View Full Version : The regular AOTC Battle Droid?

Battle Droid
02-03-2002, 06:29 PM
Is it just an Infantry Droid or Pilot Droid? I've seen on some websites, they have blue after it. But the Pilot Droids don't carry a Battle Droid rifle, at least not in Ep1.

LTBasker
02-03-2002, 06:31 PM
I think there's gonna be the regular Battle Droid, the super Battle Droid and a Pilot droid released, dunno tho.

Beast
02-03-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Is it just an Infantry Droid or Pilot Droid? I've seen on some websites, they have blue after it. But the Pilot Droids don't carry a Battle Droid rifle, at least not in Ep1.

The first figure coming out is a basic Infantry Droid. It has some attachable battle damage, and some electrical damage like the boomer damage battle droid on it's arm and leg. You can view a close up of the carded figure here: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3389

There is a Pilot Battle Droid coming as well, later on in the year. Many sites are listing both, with the moniker (blue) after the pilot one. It's easy with charecters with such similar names to be confused.

Some sites are obviously making a mistake and saying that the first one coming out is the (blue) one. But no worrys, there will be a Pilot Droid coming later this year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
02-03-2002, 06:39 PM
The list shows Super Battle Droid, Droid (Arena), and Battle Droid (Blue). I think it's only two droids, the SBD, and the Battle Droid (Arena) on a blue card [listed as to not confuse with the TPM figures].

At least, that's my interpretation. :)

Beast
02-03-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
The list shows Super Battle Droid, Droid (Arena), and Battle Droid (Blue). I think it's only two droids, the SBD, and the Battle Droid (Arena) on a blue card [listed as to not confuse with the TPM figures]. At least, that's my interpretation. :)

The list i grabbed off a german site before it was pulled down about a month ago listed three seperate Battle Droids. Battle Droid (Arena), Battle Droid (Blue), and Super Battle Droid.

So, I think it's possible we will see the Pilot Battle Droid this year. Due to the fact that a major action scene takes place aboard one of the Neimodian Control Ships, on the Bridge. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

General Veers
02-03-2002, 06:47 PM
there's going to be a blue droid? I didn't see any pictures...:confused: :confused: Anyway, there is, from what I saw a Super Battle Droid, and A regular Droid.

Lord Tenebrous
02-03-2002, 06:50 PM
I'm cool with it either way.

I hope they go for an interesting accessory. Don't give him a gun, add in one of the bridge navigation wheels. That would make buying it worthwhile. :cool:

Beast
02-03-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by General Veers
there's going to be a blue droid? I didn't see any pictures...:confused: :confused: Anyway, there is, from what I saw a Super Battle Droid, and A regular Droid.

There hasn't been any pictures shown of anything other then what's posted here. But there are more figures coming in May/June and beyond. There's tons we haven't seen yet that are coming. From on-line lists there will be about 60 figures total released from April-December.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-03-2002, 06:54 PM
the listings are take from internal hasbro memos that leaked out a while back. I believe the blue refers to the electro shock attachments as opposed to the break apart one from the deluxe pack. i don't believe there will be an actuall pilot droid as there hasn't been a concrete listing anywhere. Although i'm prepared to be proven wrong about this. but I sincerely think that it's the difference between the blue attachments and the break apart feature.
The only other thing I can think of is that it was a listing for the super droid which has a blue look to it. the memos from hasbro aren't written to be totally accurate and each department has different ways of recognising a sculpt for a figure which is where double listings crop up with two names for the same thing. take Theed invasion Amidala/Throne room Amidala from the POTJ line for example. The confusion in the naming on the cardback came from this double listing thing I'm sure. Again i'm prepared to be proven wrong. The trouble with figure listings is that one site posts a rumour then another copies it inaccurately and before you know it there's a report stating that that character WILL be being released as a figure. . :)

JEDIpartner
02-03-2002, 10:06 PM
Well... it's a battle droid all righty! I will probably pass on this one as I already have, like... FIVE! Although... Hasbro is giving this one a really cool special feature!! They have it list on the card back...
"HOLDS GUN IN HAND"!!!

WOW!!!!

GNT
02-03-2002, 11:36 PM
The new AOTC Battle Droid has slashes on it just like the variation on the EP1 version :)

LTBasker
02-04-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
the memos from hasbro aren't written to be totally accurate and each department has different ways of recognising a sculpt for a figure which is where double listings crop up with two names for the same thing. take Theed invasion Amidala/Throne room Amidala

True, that could be the case because before Episode 1 was released on SSG's Episode 1 figures a Battle Droid Commander was listed and then a figured named OOM-9 figure was listed. That might've not been a mix up at Hasbro though but just a mix-up with sources but eh never know, I mean people have been asking for a Pilot Battle Droid since E1 and Hasbro should at least know by now that the "Invasion Force" one didn't quite cut it.