PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Vintage figure PICS!

Battle Droid
01-24-2007, 08:15 AM
http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/news.htm

AWESOME stuff! :D

Old Fossil
01-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Hoth Han and IG-88... wow. I'm amazed at the detail on those figures!!! Wasn't planning on getting loose examples of either of those, but that's changed now.

Detail on the Snowtrooper is hard to make out from the fuzzy picture, but I'll still be getting several of these, if I can find them. Is it missing a belt and/or codpiece?

Endor Leia... nice, but what's up with that drumstick leg?

Bossk, while a great new sculpt, is still another Bossk. I may wait until I see one to decide on whether or not to get a loose sample.

Same with Luke. The expression on his face seems off.

DarkArtist
01-24-2007, 08:51 AM
these do look amazing. can't wait to see them in person. here's hoping that leia and the snowtrooper's helmet are removable.

IG-88 looks great, better sculpt and detail. Love the look of Han Hoth, Bossk is alright looks like a Saga version repacked. I wonder if Han Hoth will come with a hood ?

Luke Bespin is great, much needed improvment over the Saga and POTF versions, perhaps the Bespin luke we have been waiting for. Now if they will only give us the DSII Luke we have been asking for.

pegger
01-24-2007, 09:25 AM
The Snowtrooper is SA. FINALLY.

IG-88 looks incredible in the pics. The detail on him and Boosk is great. Hoth Han looks like a winner too! I can put that Saga POS away!

They all look pretty great.

dindae
01-24-2007, 10:03 AM
All of these figs look great. Unfortunate that I will want multiple snowtroopers at the price point. I hope the Han's hood is soft goods and goes up. I wonder how many being are still thinking IG-88 can't be improved. :D

mtriv73
01-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Well, I know where $60 and change is going to go later this year. Good job Hasbro, those are fantastic.

General_Grievous
01-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Those all look really promising. I think I need to get the IG-88 and Bossk now, too. The Luke is okay, Leia is great, a Snowtrooper that doesn't suck, wonderful. The Han looks great, but I was kind of hoping for the Bespin version. Oh well, we needed a new Han Hoth anyway.

Jargo
01-24-2007, 10:39 AM
not interested in a single one. and the pictures aren't clear enough to see anything much. I'll wait til TOYFAIR pics emerge before saying anything.

Luuuuuuke
01-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Those figures look great. I'm surprised at how good IG-88 looks. I thought he wouldn't be a good candidate for Vintage.

BoShek
01-24-2007, 10:59 AM
I will get IG88 for sure but I don't know about the rest.

TheRealDubya
01-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Love them all. Can't wait to get two of each. Hoth Han is especially great.

JON9000
01-24-2007, 11:14 AM
I hope the Han's hood is soft goods and goes up.

It really doesn't look like it, because a big, fluffy hood would not lie down so perfectly. I don't mind, I love the figure regardless, and it will only be a matter of time before it is re-released with the hood up.

El Chuxter
01-24-2007, 11:45 AM
The pics look good, but they appear to be classic examples of Hasbro's little PhotoShop tricks.

Remember how good initial pics of the 12" Barriss Offee and OTC Luke looked? Then the total dogs those figures turned out to be?

I'll withhold judgment, though they do look nice. Frankly, Concept Chewie and the Jawa look more interesting than all but the Hoth Han, though.

figrin bran
01-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Hoth Han looks like the best of the bunch

Bossk is most definitely not a Saga repack. the way the shoulders bulge out make it look like it might have ball joints and the straps are like the ones on VTSC Luke.

IG-88 looks better than the titanium version. i was afraid they might use the same mold.

as mentioned, Bespin Luke does indeed have a strange facial expression and Endor Leia's knee joints - what happened there?

Slicker
01-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Well, I know where $60 and change is going to go later this year. Good job Hasbro, those are fantastic.I totally second that one.

The IG-88 is awesome looking! He looks to be just slightly more a55 kicking than Harrison Ford in Air Force One.

kool-aid killer
01-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Cold blooded! I'll be getting them, they look nice. And i agree with those that are saying IG-88 looks nice.

Rogue II
01-24-2007, 12:14 PM
I'm excited. I'll wager Newsbot is, too.

I'm especially glad that they did a Hoth Han Solo and not the rumored Bespin version.

El Chuxter
01-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Nice or not, I'd like to ask everyone to please skip these. There is no reason these figures should cost 50% more than the other figures.

bigbarada
01-24-2007, 12:54 PM
That Han is one of the coolest looking figures I've ever seen! Definitely get one loose and one carded.

Bossk is amazing too, it looks like he has the Saga head on that body, but I remember the Biker Scout looked to have the old POTJ head in the early photos. However, the body is a HUGE improvement over anything we've see before.

IG-88 looks awesome, but those whisper thin elbow and knee joints kind of scare me.

Snowtrooper is just what I've been hoping for. He's perfect!

I'm assuming Luke's face looks a little funky because it's a hand-painted prototype. I'll wait until I hold one in my hands before passing judgement.

Leia look pretty good, hard to see anything with that poncho on.

AmanaMatt
01-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Dude, not only will I not boycott the Vintage wave, its the one I would pick up first, if it were up to me.

With the exception of Leia, they look pretty incredible...the pics speak for themselves.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Holy nuts, this assortment is much better than last year's!

I've wanted a Hoth Han with his hood down for years. Nice to see them finally do it right.
The Snowtrooper is AWESOME. SA, and with a cloth skirt, finally.
IG-88 and Bossk are insane. I thought I might pass on them but they're much better than I expected. Not too sure where I'll display them though.
Sweet merciful lord, the Luke is great. It's miles above the already-awesome 2002 one, and thankfully it doesn't have a button (I assume).
Leia will look nice next to the recent Endor Luke. I'm not likin' those legs, though. She'll also be good on Speeder Bikes.

aceguide
01-24-2007, 06:30 PM
Nice wave. Particularly pleased with the Hoth Han. Looking forward to better pics...

Tycho
01-24-2007, 06:38 PM
IG-88 rocks. I could get 3. They're not lancer droids from the CW, but I could pretend they are and augment Durge's army from Muunlist.

I always planned to buy Leia Endor, as this is the way I wanted her done - though I don't like the way her knees look for this figure, and the cloak seems too brown versus the bright green that Leia wore in the movie. I think they just re-used Luke's and didn't even bother trying food coloring Hopefully they'll change that before release. Her face sculpt looks great from what can be told though.

Han and the Snowtrooper look awesome actually. They're tempting but I don't need them and thus will not indulge. Bossk I could care less about though he also looks good - but not compared to the other ones.

TheDarthVader
01-24-2007, 06:52 PM
These are great! I am getting all of them and mutiples of ig-88, leia, and snowtrooper...maybe han. Great job HASBRO!

LTBasker
01-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Truly awesome looking, though the Snowtrooper looks a bit strange. I think it'd be better if they used vinyl to make the skirt instead of cloth, hopefully that'll change. I wonder if we'll have a variant of Han with a brown jacket?

Kidhuman
01-24-2007, 11:24 PM
Awesome, just awesome.

JediTricks
01-25-2007, 12:08 AM
I wasn't expecting this at all, totally took me by surprise. Kinda weird that there are no ANH entries though since it's the 30th anniversary.

Han Hoth - this looks to be the Han Hoth I've been waiting for all these years. I hope Hasbro includes tilt-hip articulation so he can ride a Tauntaun, and also a removable helmet and maybe a second hood too. Vintage-style is usually pretty stingy on accessories though and he's already sporting 2 that we can see. The knee articulation looks a little drastic, but I'm expecting that to be right by the time it's released.

Snowtrooper - looks outstanding, the cloth skirt may not work for me when it hits but I'll buy 2 at least, and hope they release more in a lower pricepoint so I can buy 4 or 5 more. Took 'em long enough to get a Snowtrooper right though. :p

IG-88 - and I thought I was happy with the POTJ one! Damn, this thing looks crazy good, and he appears to be really articulated as well. A must have.

Bossk - oh look, Bossk finally gets a new body. I'm not sure about the open mouth thing, I wasn't keen on it in the Saga line and this could be a reuse of that. The body looks good if a little narrow-waisted, but I can't believe they're doing another version with 1 open hand.

Luke Bespin - looks like an overall good entry, but I'll need to see that head sculpt from a different angle as it looks a little weird here. Not so thrilled about the lower legs being kinda fat either, but the figure overall looks like a win.

Leia Endor - not much to see here, the face looks like it has the right shapes but a doll paintjob. Poncho looks very good but could be out of control like on Luke Endor. I'm glad to see her with the sporting blaster.

Detail on the Snowtrooper is hard to make out from the fuzzy picture, but I'll still be getting several of these, if I can find them. Is it missing a belt and/or codpiece?Good eye, it's missing a belt with the 2 pouches and the skirt isn't supposed to close in the front, hopefully that'll be addressed by production time.

Endor Leia... nice, but what's up with that drumstick leg?I think the prototype isn't fully assembled.

Same with Luke. The expression on his face seems off.It's the mouth with those bee-sting lips, I think the face has it otherwise and I bet when it hits production the lips will be corrected.

Bossk is most definitely not a Saga repack. the way the shoulders bulge out make it look like it might have ball joints and the straps are like the ones on VTSC Luke.Well, the Saga figure is just a new head and limbs, the body was the same POTF2 body (which is why he's a fatty). This appears to be the same or very similar head, but new body. The straps are all-new, look at how they connect to the belt.

Nice or not, I'd like to ask everyone to please skip these. There is no reason these figures should cost 50% more than the other figures.'Shya, right! Good luck on that one! Yeah, they shouldn't cost $10, basic figures shouldn't cost $7 either, but there's no way you're going to convince collectors right now to avoid these - did you convince anybody with the VOTC or VTSC? Did you buy them?

Truly awesome looking, though the Snowtrooper looks a bit strange. I think it'd be better if they used vinyl to make the skirt instead of cloth, hopefully that'll change. I wonder if we'll have a variant of Han with a brown jacket?Yeah, vinyl would look closer to the material, though it wouldn't fold for crap and probably would look just as odd being TOO smooth. There's no real win there, I'll take either because they'll both move though. I mentioned above why it looks strange. I really hope they avoid the brown/blue jacket thing and just do a mix of the 2, a kinda brownish, bluish, charcoal black/gray color.

jedi master sal
01-25-2007, 12:21 AM
Awesome, just awesome.

ditto......

bigbarada
01-25-2007, 01:21 AM
here's hoping that leia and the snowtrooper's helmet are removable.

Leia's helmet looks like the same one that's on Endor Luke and the new Endor Troopers.

I REALLY hope that the Snowtrooper's helmet is NOT removable. I'm sick of stupid Jango heads on OT troopers. It doesn't make any sense to do that for the vintage-style line anyways.

I'm not a huge fan of that overly-fuzzy fabric that they are using for the Snowtrooper's skirt. It's that same crappy fabric they used for Greedo. The material they use for Vader's capes seems like it would be a much better match for this.

Also, the soft goods was fine back in the vintage days, but seems to stick out like a sore thumb now that the sculpting quality is so much better now. Now I'm torn.... I would still much rather have soft goods, but I just wish they would try out some new materials.

figrin bran
01-25-2007, 01:35 AM
Leia's helmet looks like the same one that's on Endor Luke and the new Endor Troopers.

I REALLY hope that the Snowtrooper's helmet is NOT removable. I'm sick of stupid Jango heads on OT troopers. It doesn't make any sense to do that for the vintage-style line anyways.

that hadn't occured to me as a possibility until just now. PLEASE don't have removable helmets on the snowtrooper.

jedi master sal
01-25-2007, 08:07 AM
I hope Hasbro uses the fabric they used for Snowbunny Padme from the Ilum set for the Snowtrooper (just not the fuzzy frill at the end). If they use that, then the waist-cape is a winner.

Anyone else notice the watch Leia is wearing? IIRC, you can see her wearing a watch in the movie, if brief. Funny that Hasbro would include that.

Tycho
01-25-2007, 10:21 AM
I think that was supposed to be a wrist communicator device, actually.

If it was a watch, Carrie Fisher would wear a lady's Citizen or Fossil brand watch, not a digital sports watch.

However, the prop could have been a digital sports watch - just not Carrie Fisher's personal one, but rather one that Richard Marquard (spelling) put on her intentionally.

Slicker
01-25-2007, 11:05 AM
I agree with you mainly for the last sentence. These are supposed to represent the vintage figures.

I don't agree with putting Jango heads on OT figures either way but DO NOT mess up these vintage figures with that monstrosity.

Jargo
01-25-2007, 04:46 PM
The Leia Endor vintage one had it. The communicator/GPS device. There's a million and one publicity photos of carrie in that outfit so it's not like the wrist communicator/GPS device is hard to miss.

personally speaking based on those rough looking pictures I'd say the droid came out best. Though he looks like he'll be flimsy as a battle droid and just as bendy.
The snowtrooper looks awful and squat.
Bossk looks riddled with articulation he doesn't need unless you plan on going EU and having a whole bunch of them chasing Wookiees up trees.
Luke Bespin has that weird head screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! which instantly marks it as a loser of a figure to me. not even scene specific but dialog line specific.
Han Solo seems ok but again with the brown and blue coat debacle. and this one looks like he won't straddle a Tauntaun.

be interesting to see how the figures look when hi res pics appear.

JediTricks
01-26-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm not a huge fan of that overly-fuzzy fabric that they are using for the Snowtrooper's skirt. It's that same crappy fabric they used for Greedo. The material they use for Vader's capes seems like it would be a much better match for this.Agreed, though they have a few choices from the various Vader capes, I'd prefer the one that's on the Masters of the Dark Side Vader which is a little thicker and not as see-through as some of the others.

Also, the soft goods was fine back in the vintage days, but seems to stick out like a sore thumb now that the sculpting quality is so much better now. Now I'm torn.... I would still much rather have soft goods, but I just wish they would try out some new materials.Well, this is the "Vintage-style" line so they aren't going to go with plastic in that respect, but I agree that they should be using new materials that look, move, and feel better - Greedo's hippie vest totally doesn't work, that can't keep happening.

Rogue II
01-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Is there a reason they can't use a vinyl cape like one on the original Snowtrooper?

Jargo
01-26-2007, 08:07 PM
apparantly vinyl costs an awful lot of money. hence the fact that vinyl figures are twice the price of ordinary plastic ones.

Qui-Long Gone
02-09-2007, 06:47 PM
apparantly vinyl costs an awful lot of money. hence the fact that vinyl figures are twice the price of ordinary plastic ones.

For what you pay with these figures, they could have used vinyl and still turned a handsome profit....

Slicker
02-09-2007, 06:56 PM
For what you pay with these figures, they could have used vinyl and still turned a handsome profit....It's obvious Hasbro is gonna turn a profit anyways unless vinyl costs over $100,000,000 per quarter of the year.:rolleyes:

plasticfetish
02-10-2007, 01:58 AM
It's obvious Hasbro is gonna turn a profit anyways unless vinyl costs over $100,000,000 per quarter of the year.lol

-----

Okay, I got tired of digging for these, so...

(Thanks to www.4-inches.de (http://www.4-inches.de))

plasticfetish
02-10-2007, 02:02 AM
They all look great, but I'll start complaining about the price and all that now. Complain, complain, complain.

Here's the last...

Slicker
02-10-2007, 02:06 AM
I know they're coming out with new figures, but someone had said that they should use vinyl to give 'me the "vintage" feel.

These are definitely sweet but the point of my post was to say that they could use any material and STILL make money with such a huge profit.

With such money's you'd think they could cut us some slack on raising figure prices.

plasticfetish
02-10-2007, 02:11 AM
Understood. That's why I was LOLing, because you're right... Hasbro's not exactly hurting for money right now it seems.

Slicker
02-10-2007, 02:14 AM
Understood. That's why I was LOLing, because you're right... Hasbro's not exactly hurting for money right now it seems.Ummm...yeah...I knew that...

I didn't see the line between the "lol" and the pictures...

Moving on...

Sooooo...how about that Anna Nicole Smith?...

plasticfetish
02-10-2007, 02:17 AM
She's hot. Why?

Slicker
02-10-2007, 02:19 AM
She's hot. Why?Here's some Myspace lingo for ya Tycho:

LMAO!!! U r 2 fun e!!!

Tycho
02-10-2007, 05:50 AM
They all look great, but I'll start complaining about the price and all that now. Complain, complain, complain.

Here's the last...

OK, while I may buy a few IG-88's as he turned out awesome, I was really looking forward to Leia (I dig that Luke figure we just got in (sort of) this style (everything but a vintage cardback which I don't care about anyway - I'm crewing my Tyderium Shuttle).

But (COMPLAINT) look at her knees! She's wearing rubberbands around her joints to control flood waters or something?

The cloak should be bright green as well. It just looks like they put Luke's on her but in the movie, you can see the color difference: Leia in green, Luke in brown.

Those are two significant things to complain about, I think.

jedi master sal
02-10-2007, 11:18 AM
OK, while I may buy a few IG-88's as he turned out awesome, I was really looking forward to Leia (I dig that Luke figure we just got in (sort of) this style (everything but a vintage cardback which I don't care about anyway - I'm crewing my Tyderium Shuttle).

But (COMPLAINT) look at her knees! She's wearing rubberbands around her joints to control flood waters or something?

The cloak should be bright green as well. It just looks like they put Luke's on her but in the movie, you can see the color difference: Leia in green, Luke in brown.

Those are two significant things to complain about, I think.

Um Tycho....go into ANY fabric store and buy a small remnant piece of the cloak you want for her. I'll bet you could get one for less than a dollar. In fact could be a quarter or less. The cloak is NOT a significant problem.

Underscaled Sith Infiltrator....Significant. Wrong color cloak for Leia...not.

JediTricks
02-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Pictures up of 3 carded samples at Toy Fair, I linked 'em in the Toy Fair coverage thread: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=34196

Mr Burns
02-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Can anyone make out the offer on the front of the card?

Slicker
02-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Can anyone make out the offer on the front of the card?From what I can see it appears to be an offer for 7 vintage coins.

JediTricks
02-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Can anyone make out the offer on the front of the card?
Steve has a shot of that, hopefully he'll get to it soon.

TheRealDubya
02-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Steve has a shot of that, hopefully he'll get to it soon.

I think it says: "Special Offer! 6 Exclusive vintage figure coins in a custom designed book plus a 2007 International Toy Fair Coin - 7 coins in all!"

AmanaMatt
02-10-2007, 10:10 PM
After seeing close ups of all the 'Vintage' figs, I am very impressed.

Ig-88 - hands down the nicest surprise in this wave. He is simply stunning. Looks to be the Definitive version.

Hoth Han - alternative hood both up and down, accurate color, whats not to love? Looks to be darn close to the definitve version.

Bossk - fantastic head sculpt and amazing detail. Definitive version.

Bespin Luke - excellent detail in almost every way. Fantastic improvement since the last version.

Snowtrooper - aside from the cloth karma (or skirt), this is a nice looking fig - just wish they didn't use soft goods with this one.

Leia - much improved from the initial leaked pic.

Kidhuman
02-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Snowtrooper - aside from the cloth karma (or skirt), this is a nice look fig - just wish they didn't use soft goods with this one.

Soft goods is fine by me, but wish they used vinyl like the vintage figure.

Phantom-like Menace
02-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Snowtrooper - aside from the cloth karma (or skirt), this is a nice look fig - just wish they didn't use soft goods with this one.

I'm in complete agreement. I've been so happy with the VOTC Stormtrooper and VTSC Scout and the Snowtrooper would have been the perfect addition. I'm apparently just never going to army build snowtroopers, because Hasbro just won't put out a version I like.

AmanaMatt
02-10-2007, 11:43 PM
As far as my tastes run, the Snowtrooper has only two problems with it that puts a slight cloud on its claim to being the 'Definitive' version: the soft goods skirt and the wide leg stance.

I very much remember our 'horror' upon seeing the VTSC Tusken with his soft goods look...like that fig, once out of the package, I suspect we will be able to work with the skirt to make it look decent.

Since the legs looks SA in every way, I am hoping the wide stance can be minimized with some posing.

DarthQuack
02-11-2007, 06:21 AM
The more I see these figures on the Vintage cardstock the more I enjoy them. They look great.

LTBasker
02-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Found a close pic of the sticker at JediInsider-

http://jediinsider.net/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2007_Toy_Fair%2F&pic=293.JPG&dispsize=800&start=48

6 Exclusive Vintage Figure Coins in a custom-designed box. Plus a 2007 International Toy Fair coin - 7 coins in all. Visit starwars.hasbro.com or see inside for more details. Valid in US only. Expires 2/29/08.

Eh, kinda boring. I was hoping for a special figure like a VOTC Boba painted in ESB colors on an ESB card.

Old Fossil
02-11-2007, 10:37 AM
These new TF images are beginning to change my view on the VTAC figures... in that I don't like what I see as much as I did when the first images leaked out a week or so ago.

Hoth Han looks fine, I guess, but the coat makes him very bulky. I don't like his card, since I always thought that Vintage card was not the best choice, anyway.

Bossk is a great sculpt, but we already have a great sculpt of this secondary/tertiary character.

The Luke does not impress at all, and why Hasbro is using that unflattering Vintage card photo instead of the other one (with Luke drawing his pistol in a half-turn) escapes me.

I am not interested in that Endor Leia at all.

Still, the Snowtrooper and IG-88 are awesome. The others will probably be pegwarmers, like Endor Han, Greedo, and the Tusken were in 2006.

jjreason
02-11-2007, 11:01 AM
I would think that Bossk would sell as well as IG88 - but that's just me. I'm sure it will differ from place to place. Endor Leia is destined to pegwarm, however, of that we can all be certain. She'd be a perfect 1-per-case candidate, to free up space for a 3rd Snowtrooper.

AmanaMatt
02-11-2007, 01:39 PM
I would think that Bossk would sell as well as IG88 - but that's just me. I'm sure it will differ from place to place. Endor Leia is destined to pegwarm, however, of that we can all be certain. She'd be a perfect 1-per-case candidate, to free up space for a 3rd Snowtrooper.

While the VTSC sold out here in Texas pretty darn well, I did see Greedo and Han a bit. Making Leia 1 per case, and the Snowtrooper 3 would be the way to go, but Hasbro will pack them even due to the mail away. If a "free" lucas figure did not get people to buy even sets, crap coins will be even worse.

If they want these to blow off the shelves, the mail away should be a very sought after figure.

jjreason
02-11-2007, 01:45 PM
New pics from elsewhere today show that Vintage Han has 2 heads, one of them with the hat on and hood up!!!!! :eek:

I seriously could not be more excited about the new Hoth Han!!!! lol

Slicker
02-11-2007, 01:50 PM
New pics from elsewhere today show that Vintage Han has 2 heads, one of them with the hat on and hood up!!!!! :eek:

I seriously could not be more excited about the new Hoth Han!!!! lolI just saw that as well. According to there article the head was place out just briefly because apparently it hasn't been approved by Lucas yet...or it could be a variant...

Either way, the Han face sculpt looks nearly dead on! Now they've just gotta work on Luke and Leia...

Kidhuman
02-11-2007, 02:10 PM
That is freaking fantastic. This will not warm.

Qui-Long Gone
02-11-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm down with a snowtrooper and new Han that looks like Han...

Can they go back and add this Han head sculpt to other figs? Is it just me or does that character keep getting the raw deal in sulpts?

pegger
02-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Darn it. Now I got to buy two.

Snowtrooper
02-11-2007, 07:55 PM
I like the snowtrooper pretty well except for the karma; it just doesn't look right. But as was pointed out, it may look better when we open it up. If not, it is not that hard to make one out of vinyl and attach it.

I think the real winner of the VTAC is Hoth Han Solo. The face is dead on and the rest of the sculpt is amazing, not to mention the articulation.

JON9000
02-11-2007, 08:01 PM
That is freaking fantastic. This will not warm.

for real. If it pans out, this is my number one figure priority for 2007!

Slicker
02-11-2007, 08:46 PM
I don't know why people are complaining about the skirt on the Snowtrooper (other than to complain because it's IMPOSSIBLE for Hasbro to something perfect.:rolleyes:). It looks fine to me. It flows well, isn't bulky, and doesn't even look out of place.

JON9000
02-11-2007, 09:05 PM
I just wish itt was cut a little higher, like in the picture from the movie on the card.

Slicker
02-11-2007, 09:07 PM
I just wish itt was cut a little higher, like in the picture from the movie on the card.I too saw that, but things do change from Toy Fair to productin so it may be rectified. It's nothing to get your panties in a bunch over though. Simply take a razor blade and slit it 1/4".

AmanaMatt
02-11-2007, 09:33 PM
I too saw that, but things do change from Toy Fair to productin so it may be rectified. It's nothing to get your panties in a bunch over though. Simply take a razor blade and slit it 1/4".

That is exactly what I will be doing. However, I understand how people feel: for a $10 fig, it should be perfect. (right now, its close)

El Chuxter
02-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Boycott, anyone?

Slicker
02-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Boycott, anyone?Hey, you should start a thread on boycotting them...;)

Phantom-like Menace
02-12-2007, 12:15 AM
I don't know why people are complaining about the skirt on the Snowtrooper (other than to complain because it's IMPOSSIBLE for Hasbro to something perfect.:rolleyes:). It looks fine to me. It flows well, isn't bulky, and doesn't even look out of place.

I'm extremely easy to please. From what I understand, a molded skirt like the clone commanders have is cheaper for Hasbro, and if so many people didn't inexplicably like doll clothing hanging unnaturally on their action figures, Hasbro would would have actually saved money and made me happy. The above figure with a molded skirt would have been--as far as I'm concerned--perfect.

Slicker
02-12-2007, 12:26 AM
IThe above figure with a molded skirt would have been--as far as I'm concerned--perfect.Touche! I never even thought of that clones karma skirt. I'm sure it could be an easy custom.

I do, however, understand that at $10 you shouldn't have to customize it to get it right.

bigbarada
02-12-2007, 03:39 AM
I'll always consider soft-goods cloaks and capes to be superior to molded plastic. The most obvious reason is they don't restrict articulation. When done right, they add perceived value to the figure and make the figure more versatile (VTSC Tusken looks great if you open him up and take some time to work with the robes). When done poorly, they can seriously detract from an excellent sculpt (VTSC Greedo).

So the cloth skirt on the Snowtrooper makes this figure close to perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Hoth Han, I'm a little disappointed they didn't go with blue for the coat; but what're you gonna do? People are so danged obsessed with accuracy nowadays. His head actually looks to be the same head on the VOTC Han, which is great, that's still the best Han Solo sculpt in the line.

Bossk and IG-88, these two just became the highlight of my collecting year! Amazing! Hasbro could double the price for these figures, I'd still gladly pay it.

Luke and Leia go in the 'wait & see' category. I'll most likely buy them, becuase I haven't missed a vintage-style figure yet; but I'm not super excited about either one.

Kidhuman
02-12-2007, 07:10 AM
What if they make variants of Hoth Han like the Saga1 figure, 2 different coats? It aint out of the question yet.

Phantom-like Menace
02-12-2007, 07:18 AM
Touche! I never even thought of that clones karma skirt. I'm sure it could be an easy custom.

I do, however, understand that at $10 you shouldn't have to customize it to get it right.

If I end up getting more Felucia packs, I might try using the skirt from the Commanders Bly, but I'm still not getting nearly as many packs as I would want to get Snowtroopers. I went from wanting to get at least eight (assuming a molded skirt) and as many as I see afterward to wanting to maybe get one to see how well a Bly skirt would work then maybe getting a couple more if that doesn't look like the proverbial pice of carp referenced so often on SSG.

Devo
02-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Hoth Han, His head actually looks to be the same head on the VOTC Han, which is great, that's still the best Han Solo sculpt in the line.

I disagree I think there've been better Han head sculpts than this pea-head. I'm disappointed with this aspect of the figure, the rest is superb though....although I just looked at it again and this head doesn't look too bad on that body I suppose - it was too small for the VTSC endor Han though.

Likewise Bespin Luke - great body sculpt but not a great head. Bad facial expression.

bigbarada
02-12-2007, 07:12 PM
I disagree I think there've been better Han head sculpts than this pea-head. I'm disappointed with this aspect of the figure, the rest is superb though....although I just looked at it again and this head doesn't look too bad on that body I suppose - it was too small for the VTSC endor Han though.

Likewise Bespin Luke - great body sculpt but not a great head. Bad facial expression.

Well, they shrunk the head down for the VTSC Endor Han, that's why it looks so screwed up. If you compare it side by side with the VOTC Han, you'll notice that it is significantly smaller.

bobafrett
02-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Found a close pic of the sticker at JediInsider-

http://jediinsider.net/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2007_Toy_Fair%2F&pic=293.JPG&dispsize=800&start=48

Eh, kinda boring. I was hoping for a special figure like a VOTC Boba painted in ESB colors on an ESB card.

Or perhaps a George Lucas in Boba Fatt Armor!

I like the line. I've been happy with most of the figures except for C-3PO.

JediTricks
02-13-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm down with a snowtrooper and new Han that looks like Han...

Can they go back and add this Han head sculpt to other figs? Is it just me or does that character keep getting the raw deal in sulpts?Yeah, Luke (except ROTJ) and Han both get shafted in the headsculpt department a lot, but this Han headsculpt prototype looks ripped from ESB (one of the problems with Han headsculpts is that Hasbro's sculptors keep trying to lift the look of one movie's head for another, but each movie the character looks different).

I like the snowtrooper pretty well except for the karma; it just doesn't look right. But as was pointed out, it may look better when we open it up. If not, it is not that hard to make one out of vinyl and attach it.

I don't know why people are complaining about the skirt on the Snowtrooper (other than to complain because it's IMPOSSIBLE for Hasbro to something perfect.:rolleyes:). It looks fine to me. It flows well, isn't bulky, and doesn't even look out of place.It looks completely wrong from the front, it shouldn't have any material in the front at all, yet it has material there that goes all the way down to his knees. And because it's hemmed in the final version, cutting it will create a mess of exposed threads, uneven lines, and fabric instability.

I'll always consider soft-goods cloaks and capes to be superior to molded plastic. The most obvious reason is they don't restrict articulation. When done right, they add perceived value to the figure and make the figure more versatile (VTSC Tusken looks great if you open him up and take some time to work with the robes). When done poorly, they can seriously detract from an excellent sculpt (VTSC Greedo).

So the cloth skirt on the Snowtrooper makes this figure close to perfect as far as I'm concerned.I've grown weary of Hasbro's ineptitude with cloth on figures, it just doesn't work that well - granted, it's necessary for figures like ANH Leia, but oftentimes it's bulky and cut wrong and a material that doesn't scale down well. With this Snowtrooper, I point you to my previous paragraph, the pattern is 100% wrong in the front and "customizing" it will likely end in disaster.

Hoth Han... His head actually looks to be the same head on the VOTC Han, which is great, that's still the best Han Solo sculpt in the line.I don't think it's VOTC Han, this head seems a little longer and leaner than that which makes it look more accurate. If it's the same head, what a world of difference the paint makes.

Well, they shrunk the head down for the VTSC Endor Han, that's why it looks so screwed up. If you compare it side by side with the VOTC Han, you'll notice that it is significantly smaller.It looks like the heads are the same size and the bodies are different.

Boycott, anyone?Ok, I'm boycotting you right now. :p

bigbarada
02-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Alright, you're making me break out the rulers. :rolleyes: :p

Here's the same photo with some guides added in. You can see that the chin and the nose line up fine. By the time you get to the eyes, you start to notice something wrong. The top of the hair is waaay off. It's almost like the head has been squished from the top down.

El Chuxter
02-14-2007, 01:27 AM
I meant that to be tongue in cheek. I've already said I'll be buying this Han, since it looks awesome. And I might consider the Leia, too.

But the Luke looks like someone took a dump on a card, and I've already said a few million times how annoying it is to see new sculpts for IG-88 #3 and Bossk #4.

Old Fossil
02-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Based on the Toy Fair pics, I've downgraded my purchase plans for this Vintage wave.

No army-building that Snowtrooper. Maybe 1 loose, 1 MOC.

1 Bossk, MOC. I have a loose OTC Bossk, so no loose VTAC Bossk.

1 Han, loose. I still don't like that cardback, so no MOC.

2x IG-88: 1 loose, 1 MOC.

That's it. No Luke, no Leia.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-14-2007, 07:58 PM
This Leia looks to be better than any Endor Leia already made. Luke's face is still a little off, but I still think it will be the best Bespin Luke. The POTF2 one didn't have the articulation, and the Saga one had the button in his back. Han looks pretty good, and appears to be more versatile than the Saga version. IG-88 and Bossk both look pretty good. I can tolerate the Snowtrooper's skirt issue for a chance to get some more variety in my troops.

I really like the Vintage series. For the most part, they are good figures with excellent articulation. I open most of my new figures now, but I like to keep the Vintage style ones carded. Thus, I'll get a second set to open, which will also allow me to send for the mail-in thing. Maybe I'll get an extra Snowtrooper.

I think this might make four IG-88's for me. I have a vintage one, a SOTE version, a POTJ version, and this will make four (five counting the one I'll keep carded). I believe there were four IG-88s in the Tales of the Bounty Hunters story.

JediTricks
02-16-2007, 10:44 PM
Alright, you're making me break out the rulers. :rolleyes: :p

Here's the same photo with some guides added in. You can see that the chin and the nose line up fine. By the time you get to the eyes, you start to notice something wrong. The top of the hair is waaay off. It's almost like the head has been squished from the top down.Ok, I see what you're on about, they are different faces - if they were humans, facial-recognition software would call them different people due to the difference in distances from the eyes to the nose. That said however, we're talking about a difference on these of literally nanometers, at the most maybe a few micrometers. Also, we don't know the conditions the photo was taken under, we don't know if 1 head is EXACTLY the same distance from the lens as the other, at these sizes if a figure is even half a centimeter closer it'll make all the difference in the world in that photo.

This Leia looks to be better than any Endor Leia already made. Sadly, that's no challenge since there are so few competitors, but it does look decent.

Luke's face is still a little off, but I still think it will be the best Bespin Luke. The POTF2 one didn't have the articulation, and the Saga one had the button in his back.Don't forget the Saga one's goofy open-mouthed, sweaty-haired headsculpt. I'd say this figure is a lot closer, but like you said, still off.

Han looks pretty good, and appears to be more versatile than the Saga version. IG-88 and Bossk both look pretty good. I can tolerate the Snowtrooper's skirt issue for a chance to get some more variety in my troops.Agreed, though I can barely tolerate that skirt situation and probably won't get more than 2.

I think this might make four IG-88's for me. I have a vintage one, a SOTE version, a POTJ version, and this will make four (five counting the one I'll keep carded). I believe there were four IG-88s in the Tales of the Bounty Hunters story.The SOTE version is actually a retool of the vintage one, only adding waist articulation and a new copyright stamp to the old mold.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Agreed, though I can barely tolerate that skirt situation and probably won't get more than 2.I'll be keeping one carded, so I'll probably get three so I can have two open. That's what I did with the Scout Trooper and Tusken. I would have done it with the Stormtrooper if I had found more than one. Had to get my second one online last year.

The SOTE version is actually a retool of the vintage one, only adding waist articulation and a new copyright stamp to the old mold.The vintage one is one of only 5 vintage ESB figures I have. I also forgot to mention I have another POTJ version that was included in the Saga Bounty Hunter multi-pack. So, I will then have six IG-88's when I get two of this new one.

JediTricks
02-17-2007, 06:45 AM
I try to only count molds I have rather than individuals because I sometimes will get a duplicate for fairly random and unconvincing reasons. :p