PDA

View Full Version : Wave 3 & 4 PICS!

Battle Droid
01-24-2007, 10:12 AM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=583

Slicker
01-24-2007, 10:34 AM
I love the base that the Vader comes with! Very clever and very good for dioramas.

The Fett actually had some potential but when Hasbro needs to make a figure look carpy they actually mess it up. They should've just kept him as simple as in the cartoon but it looks like they went overboard on paint washes.

dindae
01-24-2007, 10:36 AM
When it rains it pours. Love getting new pics.

Initial takes
CZ - Looks great
Luke Jedi - not sure I'm concerned about the torso
Umpass - the figure looks great but I don't see any knee articulation which makes him a permasquatter. Not bad considering that is how I would likely pose him but still.
Holiday Fett - cool I like the staff
Vader - I love the obi cloak base (I'm such a sucker)
Biggs - I would have liked to see a cloak but still good to have
Luke - meh I will be buying the figure for the vaporator it is supposed to come with
Chewie - love it
Elis - looks great hope he can sit
Jawa w/ lin droid - totally awesome
Stormtrooper - what I expected

All in all really excited about these.

Droid
01-24-2007, 10:46 AM
I hope they are early prototypes because they all look kind of messed up.

What is the deal with the droid with the Jawa? It is the most absurdly out of scale figure ever!

And where is Hermi Odle? Then again, if he is knee high to a Jawa maybe I don't want them to make him.

And where is the Nightlilly (Onith) from the cantina?

Does Umpass-Stay come with a drum?!

Slicker
01-24-2007, 10:56 AM
What is the deal with the droid with the Jawa? It is the most absurdly out of scale figure ever!Do you mean too small? That's what I was thinking and your post prompted me to try and find a picture. This (http://index.echostation.com/trilogy/miningdroid.jpg) is all I could find.

And where is the Nightlilly (Onith) from the cantina?I too thought she was supposed to be coming out along with a new Feltipern.

figrin bran
01-24-2007, 10:59 AM
originally i was going to pass on Academy Biggs but it looks pretty good and i'll probably even pick up an extra or two since he'll make a good base for customs.

Umpass Stay had better come with a drum or else he'll look silly in that pose with nothing to strike.

Jedi Luke would probably look better if they didn't use that ROTS Ki Adi style overly large belt around him.

General_Grievous
01-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Wow. Jackpot. About time we saw some pics.

Biggs- Looks great, even though there's no cloak. I'll definitely pick him up since I don't consider deleted scenes EU.

Vader- I might pick him up. I like the base.

Elis Helrot- Looks good

Jawa w/ LIN Droid- Best. Jawa. Ever. The droid ain't too shabby either.

Luke Skywalker (Tatooine)- Even with the wind-swept hair, it still looks better than the 2004 VOTC Luke.

Umpass Stay- More Jabba's Palace aliens are always a good thing. I wonder if he'll come with a drum.

Luke Jedi- That vest is removable, so it looks like he can also double as a Final Duel Luke. The only problem is he doesn't have his gloved hand.

CZ-3- Finally! And are those articulated knees?

I'll skip the McQuarrie Chewie and Holiday Special Boba, but they still look very good. Can't wait until Toy Fair. Maybe then we'll get to see Hermi Odle and Miyoom Oonith

kool-aid killer
01-24-2007, 11:12 AM
A blast from the past:

"Woah!!!" a la Joey Lawrence style.

CZ, i'll be buying this one for sure. The Jedi Luke figure is up in the air. It depends on how good the figure looks. Umpass, definitely picking up. Holiday Fett, probably. Vader, possibly. Biggs, nice looking figure. A must buy. Luke, im not sure. Chewie, Yes! Elis, yep, my cantina needs more patrons. Jawa, yes he will fit in well with the Sandcrawler and other Jawas ive got. Stormtrooper, yes, possibly ten of them.

Rogue II
01-24-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm excited. I'll wager Newsbot is, too.

I will probably end up buying all of them except for Darth Vader, the Holiday Fett, and the concept Chewy.

mtriv73
01-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Luke has a big bone! :shocked:

I just wonder if there is going to be anything left to announce at toy fair. This is kind of like finding out what you're getting for Christmas in August.

The figs all look nice. I was going to try and stop collecting this year but it looks like it ain't gonna happen.

bigbarada
01-24-2007, 11:40 AM
I hope they are early prototypes because they all look kind of messed up.

What is the deal with the droid with the Jawa? It is the most absurdly out of scale figure ever!

And where is Hermi Odle? Then again, if he is knee high to a Jawa maybe I don't want them to make him.

And where is the Nightlilly (Onith) from the cantina?

Does Umpass-Stay come with a drum?!

They're probably hand painted prototype photographed under some "dramatic lighting" to try to add excitement. They photographed the Unleashed figures this way all the time.

The LIN droid looks to be perfect scale and I'm glad that we're finally getting some variety when it comes to the Jawa outfits. I'm also glad that they finally put those silly light-pipe eyes to rest.

I'm guessing that Umpass Stay will come with a drum half and Ak Rev will come with the other half and you'll be able to clip them together when you buy both figures. At least that's what I would do if I was Hasbro.

I think Hermi is coming in wave 5 or 6.

JON9000
01-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Wow, lot's of great stuff coming out today. I really like a lot of these and I am extremely excited about the 30th Anniversary Collection.

DarkArtist
01-24-2007, 12:00 PM
sweet pics. like them all with the exception of the Luke Jedi - looks alright but I might pass. does anyone know if Umpess comes with the drum or gong. if not then what's the point.

Old Fossil
01-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Well, there goes a big chunk of my tax refund.

Elis Helrot--heck yeah.
CZ-3-- double heck yeah.
Biggs -- where's the cloak????
Vader -- pass.
Luke Tatooine -- maybe.
Luke Jedi -- maybe.
Jawa -- a definite buy. Maybe 2.
Umpass Stay -- pass.
Stormtrooper -- well, yeah, like 50 of 'em! Or maybe 5.
Holiday Fett -- no, thanks.
Concept Chewie -- no way. Reminds me of Max Schrek for some reason.

JEDIpartner
01-24-2007, 12:33 PM
originally i was going to pass on Academy Biggs but it looks pretty good and i'll probably even pick up an extra or two since he'll make a good base for customs.

I was surprised at how good this one came out as well. It's also surprising that they would have Biggs in two consecutive waves.

Umpass Stay had better come with a drum or else he'll look silly in that pose with nothing to strike.

Oh... just have him beating CZ-3 in the head. That would explain the expression droid's face! :crazed:

Jedi Luke would probably look better if they didn't use that ROTS Ki Adi style overly large belt around him.

Yeah... it's still a good one, though. The soft goods and the super-articulation is definitely a welcome addition.

I'm not one for buying loads of resculpts but these waves hold some great additions. I'm passing on a few of them but a good number of them took me by surprise.

Rogue II
01-24-2007, 12:50 PM
I was surprised at how good this one came out as well. It's also surprising that they would have Biggs in two consecutive waves.

It is because the wave that has Biggs X-Wing pilot was supposed to come out in 2006, but was delayed until this year.

JEDIpartner
01-24-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm happy. :)

joe-da
01-24-2007, 01:07 PM
[QUOTE=bigbarada;525917] I'm also glad that they finally put those silly light-pipe eyes to rest. [QUOTE]

Me too!

Droid
01-24-2007, 01:24 PM
I say the LIN droid is WAY TOO SMALL.

I wish Boba Fett was decorated like he was animated, kind of like what they are doing with the comic figures.

I hope Biggs gets a cloak by the final version. Why wouldn't he have his cloak?

Check out the picture to click on at the bottom at this site:

http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/index.php?categoryid=9&p2_articleid=351

Notice the Jawas and R5-D4 next to how big the LIN droid should be.

Darth Cruel
01-24-2007, 01:39 PM
I can't wait to get my mitts on these. The Darth Vader with Obi-Wan's cloak reminds me of a custom I saw a long time ago. It was a custom carded Obi-Wan after Vader killed him and all that was in the bubble was Obi-Wans cloak and lightsaber. And the picture on the card was Vader probing the robe with his foot. I still laugh about that one when I think about it.

Oh, yes. Every one of them is a must-have for me!

2007 looks to be a very exciting year!

bigbarada
01-24-2007, 02:04 PM
I say the LIN droid is WAY TOO SMALL.

I wish Boba Fett was decorated like he was animated, kind of like what they are doing with the comic figures.

I hope Biggs gets a cloak by the final version. Why wouldn't he have his cloak?

Check out the picture to click on at the bottom at this site:

http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/index.php?categoryid=9&p2_articleid=351

Notice the Jawas and R5-D4 next to how big the LIN droid should be.

The vest on the Jawa makes me think it one of the tall Jawas that you could see walking around next to the Sandcrawler. One of them looked to be about 5 feet tall!

Droid
01-24-2007, 02:51 PM
The vest on the Jawa makes me think it one of the tall Jawas that you could see walking around next to the Sandcrawler. One of them looked to be about 5 feet tall!

Ya, I know the tall Jawa. That would be great if the Jawa was tall so that the LIN droid was a little bigger. To me the picture makes the droid look really tiny.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Hot diggity damn, these waves look sweet!

Elis Helrot looks like a yuppie with that scarf. :D
Darth Vader looks like the one from the Commemorative Tin. I hope they used a permanently-closed helmet so it's at least a little different. That base is really something I NEVER expected to see.
Biggs looks awesome; I like how they're expanding beyond strictly movie figures this year.
Boba is pretty damn weird-lookin, but I really like it.
I LOVE the Chewbacca! I really like that painting and I'm glad he was put in this line. He kinda looks like Batboy of Weekly World News fame. :D
That's definitely the best Jawa they've made. I love LIN-V8K too.
Umpass-Stay is pretty badass. I like Ak-Rev more (he's more prominent in the film) so hopefully they'll make him too. I hope this dude comes with a gong or drum.
Luke looks really good. I'm a sucker for scene-specific figures, so I like the wind-swept hair (for the looking-at-the-suns scene). It looks like his shoulders are ball-jointed which is nice. He'll be even more awesome with the vaporator.
The helmet on the Stormtrooper looks better than the Tin one. Unfortunately it looks like his neck is too long, though.
Could this be the Jedi Luke we've all been wanting forever? He already looks even better than the awesome 2004 one. Thankfully he has a soft goods vest so he can be in Jabba's Palace or Endor. I hope he has a gloved hand.
CZ-3 looks perfect; I can't wait for this one.

I'm glad that they're doing so many new ANH figures next year, what with the 30th anniversary and whatnot.

AmanaMatt
01-24-2007, 05:22 PM
If these pics do not give you a geekgasm, time to stop collecting.

Seriously.

I really love what I am seeing as far as 2007 is concerned. Hasbro is clearly putting a lot of work and effort into the 30th Ann year.

I edited myself: I was being too cynical!

Tycho
01-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Initial takes
CZ - Looks great - I'll take at least 3

Luke Jedi - not sure I can use this. I'll need to see how he looks with the vest off.

Umpass - I'll get one and expand my band

Holiday Fett - I could use him as another Mandalorian and try recreating Jango's old squad prior to his coopting by Count Dooku. (EU)

Vader - I love the obi cloak base - I'll actually consider this. It would be cool if it also includes Obi-Wan's E4 Lightsaber hilt. That'd be an awesome homage to the classic Jedi Master!

Biggs - Cloak? They might have just not had it on the sample. You can almost customize Wedge in Rogue Squadron dress uniform (EU) from this.

Luke - You know, it actually is a very good sculpt that gives me pause as to whether I should turn it down just because it's a Luke Tatooine.

Chewie - I can actually use the concept figure as a different alien species to expand my background aliens on Coco Street on Coruscant or something. (AOTC)

Elis - looks great- and I'll get 3 or more. There was the comic where Quinlan Vos works with a Givin slave on Dathomir - and Hasbro is making Quin as well as a Givin the same year. I'll need to set that up.

Jawa w/ lin droid - I could use one.

Stormtrooper - don't think I need, but that's fine as there won't be enough in NORTH AMERICA for JediMasterSal, so I might as well help him out ;)

Tycho
01-24-2007, 05:31 PM
This board has some members that are way to negative and cynical!

Actually, I think the response to the images of these figures has been particularly POSITIVE. Everyone seems really happy with these waves.

figrin bran
01-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Elis - looks great- and I'll get 3 or more. There was the comic where Quinlan Vos works with a Givin slave on Dathomir - and Hasbro is making Quin as well as a Givin the same year. I'll need to set that up.

Jawa w/ lin droid - I could use one.

Stormtrooper - don't think I need, but that's fine as there won't be enough in NORTH AMERICA for JediMasterSal, so I might as well help him out ;)

heh, i think i'll get at least 3 Helrots as well. i don't remember this Givin slaver from the Republic comic series but i do remember that there was a background Givin jedi so i'll try making a custom of him.

i don't think anyone will take me up on it but i'll trade you my LIN droids for your jawas as i'd like to get quite a few of them

Sal, just let me know which ones you are army building and i'll help your efforts.

Kidhuman
01-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Dude, that Chewie concept looks like a freakin ORC. I like most of these figures and lots are new also. Gonna be a good year if it keeps up.

JediTricks
01-24-2007, 10:46 PM
I love the base that the Vader comes with! Very clever and very good for dioramas.Oh yeah, I saw that and it stopped my mind in mid-sentence from saying "another Vader?". Vader's helmet and cape don't look quite right though, they need another pass at design, hopefully they get it.

The Fett actually had some potential but when Hasbro needs to make a figure look carpy they actually mess it up. They should've just kept him as simple as in the cartoon but it looks like they went overboard on paint washes.I dunno what to think of that thing, it looks like they're modding the VOTC figure.

I say the LIN droid is WAY TOO SMALL.He's about 40% too small, but I'm still happy they tried. Of course, it could also be a forced-perspective thing to get it all in the photo and the toy is bigger, but I am not counting on that.

My take on these:

Elis Helrot - probably not, I always thought this guy kinda sucked.
Vader - the cloak blew my mind, I'll get this, but I hope the cape and helmet are better when I do.
Biggs - Looks pretty good, I'll get him but probably use him as a random civilian instead.
Boba Fett Holiday Special - I'm not entirely convinced on this one, but I'll probably get it for the gun belt if nothing else.
Chewie Concept - wow, that's so wild, I hope he's pretty tall, I'll be getting this for sure, maybe a second to hang out in Jabba's palace.
Jawa w/ LIN - Looks alright, I'll get it.
Umpass Stay - wha? I can't imagine wanting a drummer from the ROTJ SE band, plus, he's tubbier in the movie and I don't like the preposed nature, so the odds are poor that I'll bother.
Luke Tatooine - I'm not sure of the likeness, but the body alone is a massive improvement, I'll get him for sure.
Stormtrooper - pretty much a given I'll get multiples.
Luke Jedi - not sure about the likeness, but a removable vest and articulation like that almost can't miss - I really hope he finally get a new version of the lightsaber, Hasbro broke my heart after cancelling the new sculpt flared blade one on Palace Luke and giving him the same dumb old POTJ Obi-Wan repainted saber. I'll get 2 or 3 of this.
CZ-3 - I'll be honest, I don't like this droid, it's weird and goofy looking and takes me right out of the movie, buuuut I'll probably get 1 anyway. It's nice to see Hasbro's still trying, '05 and '06 kinda left me scratching my head half the time.

jedi master sal
01-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Sal, just let me know which ones you are army building and i'll help your efforts.

Thanks F_B. From the looks of it, I won't be army building any of these. I'll get some multiples for customizing, but that's about it. This is a good wave indeed. Lots of good background characters.

Excellent filler!

It's about time they come out with that particular Jawa. I know I've asked about this on in the past.

Man, this year just isn't going to let up. There's just WAY to much that I want. (well multiples really. It's an addiction, what can I say?)

pegger
01-25-2007, 07:25 AM
Vader - I love the obi cloak base - I'll actually consider this. It would be cool if it also includes Obi-Wan's E4 Lightsaber hilt. That'd be an awesome homage to the classic Jedi Master!

If you look closely at the pic - right by Vader's feet - there's Obi's lightsaber hilt. I was pretty impressed it was there!

Droid
01-25-2007, 09:37 AM
He's about 40% too small, but I'm still happy they tried.

That's not what you said about the Sith Inflitrator. :D

Of course, it could also be a forced-perspective thing to get it all in the photo and the toy is bigger...

I hope you're right. This is one of the figures I most wanted from the original trilogy. It is one of the three droids I most wanted them to make. If it is small as I think it is I would have rather they waited until they would do it properly.

Tycho
01-25-2007, 09:39 AM
If you look closely at the pic - right by Vader's feet - there's Obi's lightsaber hilt. I was pretty impressed it was there!

That's nice attention to detail then. I'll probably have to get this. *sigh* They've just about convinced me to buy another Vader :rolleyes:

And darn it: if Luke Tatooine with the twin sunsets hair doesn't look good and come with a moisture vaporator as well! I mean more Luke Tatooines are No.1 on my "will never buy more of list." :rolleyes:

I'm becoming the kind of hypocrite I hate the most! Somebody help me.

Oh, and DROID: they really need to make the WED droid (I think that's what it's called) - which is the white one with all the multiple arms sticking up from a cart for a base. That's seriously cool looking.

El Chuxter
01-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Why Holiday Fett? Unless just because he's an easy repaint that suckers will buy?

Aside from that, these look hella sweet! I'll pass on Vader and the Stormtrooper most likely, but even Tatooine Luke looks awesome.

Seriously, these look better to me than the vintage figures. Minus Han, who really does appear to be a marked improvement. I might just get him on clearance after all.

Droid
01-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Oh, and DROID: they really need to make the WED droid (I think that's what it's called) - which is the white one with all the multiple arms sticking up from a cart for a base. That's seriously cool looking.

Once they make the LIN droid and the CZ droid, the multiarmed droid will be the last droid I REALLY hope they make before they are done. Then again, if they make it the size of the mouse droid figure...

DarkArtist
01-25-2007, 02:10 PM
was looking at the Tatoonie Darth Vader again today and the helmet looks deformed. I wonder if perhaps this is the McQuarrie Concept figure or just a very early prototype.
I hope the Jedi Luke comes with a interchangable right hand since the vest seems to be removable.

Jargo
01-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Elis Helrot - looks a bit chunky but it's a cantina patron so i'll buy it.

CZ-3 - something looks odd but i'll get him anyway. maybe better pics will help. this pic is all bleached out so i can't get a proper idea of his proportions. Neat idea shoving a white figure against a white background eh?

Biggs - looks ok. looks a bit chinless with that ball jointed head. the lack of cape may just be because this is a painted proto they've photographed. it may have the cape when it's carded and at retail. Now if they'd just give us Deak Windy Fixer and Camie........

Vader - an easy pass. I'm sick to my stomach of vader figures. I never want to see another one.

Luke Tatooine - the likeness is 100% off facially but then there hasn't been a single Luke figure that had Mark hamill's face. and this pic doesn't show the vaporator which may be this figures only selling point unless biggs gets it to help sell a barely recognisable character.

Luke Jedi - In a word - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Jawa - Like the jawa, not sure about the droid yet that pic is over saturated with colour. the droid seems to be more blue than purle if you reduce the saturation level. and the attachments seem a bit big or misplaced or something. but I will buy at least two.

Umpass Stay - well he's slated to come with the bontormian klesplong, so he'll have something to hit. Ak rev if he appears will have to come with the Drumheller harp. There's no way they could fit the Thunder drum on a card even if they split it in two.

Stormtrooper - removable helmet. very tempting. Perhaps one or two. vary the troopers a bit.

Holiday Fett - It's just Boba Fett in clown colours really. Quite appropriate considering how bad a bounty hunter he turned out to be.

Concept Chewie - They've fused two of the concepts here. the basic figure is the first concept with skinny but hairy limbs, and the costume is from a secondary design where Chewie became a fat hairy creature. I'm not sure I approve. I know they've tried to make the figure more appealing but fusing two concepts has done the opposite for me. Still, as EU stuff ges it's among the better offerings. I shall consider making this a purchase.

up to now this is the best bunch of figures revealed. It's got me budgeting for ten figures so it must be good.

Rogue II
01-25-2007, 03:48 PM
CZ-3 - I'll be honest, I don't like this droid, it's weird and goofy looking and takes me right out of the movie, buuuut I'll probably get 1 anyway.

Not sure which came first, but he looks similar to the robot in the Styx Mr. Roboto video (http://www.linkclub.or.jp/~zanki/video/Mr*Roboto.JPG).

JON9000
01-25-2007, 06:12 PM
You know what I love best about this line up? It isn't a bunch of simple rehashes with the odd new accessory. That, and we are looking at OT figures from my some of my favorite scenes! As for the LIN droid, I can live with it being a bit small since it includes a Jawa.

As for Luke's head, I need to figure out which one I like the best to plunk onto the new body.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-25-2007, 06:55 PM
How different is the Luke body? To me, it looks like they reused the same torso and skirt we've been getting since 1998 on hundreds of different Luke figures. It looks like his ball-jointed arms are new, and I'm not sure on the legs, but this doesn't look like a completely new figure to me. I'm not complainin', I'm just sayin'.

JediTricks
01-26-2007, 05:53 PM
That's not what you said about the Sith Inflitrator. :D That's because the LIN droid isn't a large vehicle that other figures will be getting into.

was looking at the Tatoonie Darth Vader again today and the helmet looks deformed. I wonder if perhaps this is the McQuarrie Concept figure or just a very early prototype. It's not THAT deformed! I was thinking about this after I got offline yesterday, I think the cape looking short and the helmet looking a little off is because the shot is actually taken at an unusual angle.

How different is the Luke body? To me, it looks like they reused the same torso and skirt we've been getting since 1998 on hundreds of different Luke figures. It looks like his ball-jointed arms are new, and I'm not sure on the legs, but this doesn't look like a completely new figure to me. I'm not complainin', I'm just sayin'.I'm confident in saying the torso and legs is a repaint of the Early Bird Kit figure which was all-new when it came out last year, and on this TAC one they added a new head and arms. Unfortunately, the Early Bird Luke's head sculpt was the closest to the source material, it just suffered from a bad paint scheme, but we're not getting it.

Droid
01-26-2007, 06:36 PM
That's because the LIN droid isn't a large vehicle that other figures will be getting into.

No, but I'll bet Darth Maul, the only character that ever got into the Sith Infliltrator in the movies, will be able to get into it, so what difference does it make? Aren't you just glad they tried? :D (You do realize I am just messing with you, don't you?)

Tycho
01-27-2007, 02:53 AM
What? The LIN Droid doesn't look big enough for Darth Maul to climb inside of it and drive it around! :crazed:

JediTricks
01-28-2007, 08:14 PM
No, but I'll bet Darth Maul, the only character that ever got into the Sith Infliltrator in the movies, will be able to get into it, so what difference does it make? Aren't you just glad they tried? :D (You do realize I am just messing with you, don't you?)I realize you're a doof. :p I hear they're making a Coruscant playset, it'll be 3" by 2".

Jargo
01-28-2007, 08:22 PM
won't that just be a painted ping pong ball? The whole of coruscant at that size... i mean.... like woah.....

Tycho
01-29-2007, 01:09 AM
won't that just be a painted ping pong ball? The whole of coruscant at that size... i mean.... like woah.....

Yes, and Emperor Paddle-Time is making just the right super-weapon to handle it...

Battle Droid
03-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Wave 3 carded pics from Brian's Toys (http://www.BRIANSTOYS.com)

http://www.brianstoys.com/store/images/products/Star%20Wars/30th_Anniversary/ActionFigures/30th_Lo_Jawa%20and%20Droid.jpg

http://www.brianstoys.com/store/images/products/Star%20Wars/30th_Anniversary/ActionFigures/30th_Lo_LukeSkywalker.jpg

http://www.brianstoys.com/store/images/products/Star%20Wars/30th_Anniversary/ActionFigures/30th_Stormtrooper.jpg

http://www.brianstoys.com/store/images/products/Star%20Wars/30th_Anniversary/ActionFigures/30th_DarthVader.jpg

http://www.brianstoys.com/store/images/products/Star%20Wars/30th_Anniversary/ActionFigures/30th_McQuarrieChewbacca.jpg

jjreason
03-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Do we know which Stormtrooper that is (assuming it's a repack of course)? It looks very cool!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Why did they use that post-car accident picture of Luke? They really need to stop using those. And why do they always give Luke Vader's hilt when we have several versions of his own that would work much better?

I like how he's called "Imperial Stormtrooper" this time around. I wonder why they decided to leave off the "Concept" from Chewbacca's card when it's on the card of Boba Fett and the Stormtrooper.

JJ, the stormtrooper is a retool of the VOTC one, and it has a removable helmet.

Snowtrooper
03-24-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm glad to see that the stormtrooper doesn't have a chin sticking out of the bottom of his helmet. They all look pretty good, except Luke's likeness isn't very good. I'm really like the DV card. I might have to leave this one on card.

Jargo
03-25-2007, 10:57 AM
whenever I go to the hasbro website I can never find the articles showing new stuff. for some reason they just don't show up. anyone able to post the images at all? or at least link to the pics?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Here (http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/default.cfm?page=news&newsid=7F4A6695-D56F-E112-4E4CF6D82920CAA8) is the site with wave 3 loose pics, including Biggs with a cape.

Jargo
03-25-2007, 02:34 PM
thanks for trying MJJ, still not working for me. the link just takes me to the main star wars page of the hasbro site and from there I can go nowhere. the collectors news thingy in the top right corner shows nothing at all. just a small bit of broken code. Tis a load of carp.

Rogue II
03-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Vader: http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/starwars//87275.jpg

Biggs: http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/starwars//87276.jpg

Luke: http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/starwars/87277.jpg

Stormtrooper: http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/starwars//87279.jpg

Jawa: http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/starwars//87278.jpg

Concept Chewbacca: http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/starwars/87280.jpg

Jargo
03-25-2007, 06:59 PM
bless you my child. you are most kind.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Based on the reference pictures posted, the LIN droid's height doesn't seem to be too far off. The diameter is where it seems to fall short. I don't mind though. The purplish look to it seems odd though, as I always thought it was more black as it is here - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:LIN.jpg

JediTricks
03-25-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the links, very cool!

Wow, I didn't think it possible but that carded Luke's face looks even less like the character than the prototype.

And why is the Jawa's vest that much lighter? That and the bandoliers make him look like a South American mercenary.

Concept Chewie looks so keen!

Jargo
03-25-2007, 09:54 PM
it's actually opaque. the movie droid that is. well, the dome. it's dark opaque with speckles and dribbles of dirty coloured paint. you can see if you watch closely during the movie there are lights under the dome on the body which run like a rope light. sequentially. the purplish colour is over saturation in the image. if you compare it to the carded pic from brianstoys. much more blackish there. but it does appear to be an opaque plastic hasbro've used.
I think it looks great. If the scale is wrong it doesn't really bother me. most of the figures have some scale issue or other. be it tiny hands or melon head, massive feet or height.

Luke? who's buying him for the figure? he's an accessory to the moisture vaporator as far as I'm concerned.

JediTricks
03-25-2007, 10:12 PM
It's actually opaque. the movie droid that is. well, the dome. it's dark opaque with speckles and dribbles of dirty coloured paint. you can see if you watch closely during the movie there are lights under the dome on the body which run like a rope light. sequentially. the purplish colour is over saturation in the image. if you compare it to the carded pic from brianstoys. much more blackish there. but it does appear to be an opaque plastic hasbro've used.
I think it looks great.I believe you're mistaken on that. The LIN droid is not opaque, you can see lights moving inside it in the movie footage, you can even see a hint of that in that still photo MSP just linked to. You can see the lights even better in the photo of the LIN on this page: http://index.echostation.com/trilogy/droidauction.htm
And you can see the figure's got a smoky translucent plastic, not opaque.

As for the color, purple usually looks black in-camera with movie cameras since black looks wrong in-camera, that's why the '89 Batman and Batman Begins batmobile props were purple in real life, so it could be that the on-set item was purplish with the intention of being black, but I don't think they did that with Vader so why would they do it with a pointless droid? In any event, Hasbro SHOULD be aiming these for how the item looked in-camera and on-screen, not how the actual props looked.

Jargo
03-26-2007, 03:54 AM
I didn't mean opaque. I have no idea why I wrote opaque. you can tell by what I wrote that I meant translucent. sheesh.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-26-2007, 09:02 AM
I didn't mean opaque. I have no idea why I wrote opaque. you can tell by what I wrote that I meant translucent. sheesh.
That was my guess. Sometimes when I hear the word opaque, I think it means the opposite. It just sounds like it should mean that.

JetsAndHeels
03-26-2007, 09:20 AM
I'll grab that Holiday Special Fett and the Stormtrooper. Those are the 2 there that appeal to me the most.

Jargo
03-26-2007, 10:01 AM
I've dubbed the HS Fett Bubba Fett cause it looks like the redneck inbred cousin of Fett. custom painted armour in whatever colours were lying around in the yard. cape made from the blanket the dog sleeps on and dead cat braids hanging from his shoulder.

JediTricks
03-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Ah, alright, there ya go then. At least we're definitely all on the same page about this now. :)

jedibear
04-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the great pictures again folks....this line is shaping up to give POTJ a run for the title of most variety/cool obscure figures to go along with the standard flock of re-tools/ repaints. At least some of these look exciting and the packaging is really growing on me, especially the artist's rendering on the fronts.

Speaking of which...I never thought I'd say I was excited about seeing yet ANOTHER Vader but the one in wave 3 with the Obi cloak base looks really cool...and I especially like the front illustration with the reflection of Obi-Wan in his helmet! Beautiful touch...

El Chuxter
04-08-2007, 01:33 AM
My, that Jawa is beautiful.

jimmymiro12
04-15-2007, 02:35 PM
There are so many new figures worth getting.

Rogue II
04-15-2007, 02:44 PM
My, that Jawa is beautiful.

It's only because the Jawa is so in love.

mark2d2
04-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Man, this wait to pick up LIN-V8K, his Jawa counterpart, and the next waves CZ-4 is killing me. Seriously! I am DYING!!! to add these fine toys to my collection.