PDA

View Full Version : Battle Droids at Octa Gonga?

Battle Droid
02-03-2002, 06:38 PM
The Gungan City, I may have spelt it wrong. But OOM-9 tells Nute that he's got troops searching for the Under Water villages in the Swamps, did Battle droids actually go there, and if so how? Wouldn't the water effect them?

Jar Jar even said there was a fight there he thought.

Beast
02-03-2002, 06:47 PM
I assume that since they knew that there was swamps and water areas on Naboo that they brought with them submersible tanks as well. Just because we don't see it on film, doesn't mean they didn't have them, after all. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
02-03-2002, 08:17 PM
I don't think the water would effect droids. R2-D2 was submerged in the swamps of Dagobah if you remember and he is a droid. Granted, he is a different type of droid. Despite that fact, if they can waterproof one type of droid, they should be able to waterproof other types.

SithDroid
02-04-2002, 01:03 AM
I think that they would have taken some type of submarine down. Can you imagine a droid trying to swim? Besides, they are to heavy and would sink.

SithDroid
02-04-2002, 01:04 AM
I think that they would have taken some type of submarine down. Can you imagine a droid trying to swim? Besides, they are too heavy and would sink.

Beast
02-04-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid
I think that they would have taken some type of submarine down. Can you imagine a droid trying to swim? Besides, they are to heavy and would sink.

Well, they could have pulled a "Data" from Star Trek and walked along the bottom of the swamp until they reached the city. I still vote a submersible vehicle of some kind. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-04-2002, 01:07 AM
You meant you don't know about "Searcher Battle Droids" sheesh ;)

JediTricks
02-04-2002, 09:14 AM
The underwater city was buried pretty deep, I'd think they'd have to take an AAT tank underwater or something.

Rollo Tomassi
02-04-2002, 05:05 PM
OOM-9 could have been feeding Nute a line of bull. He knew Nute wouldn't bother checking, so he could tell him whatever...:rolleyes: