PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the Cinema Scene sets

tagmac
01-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Saw the thread on Evolutions, and thought this was worth a look as well. In the past, the Cinema Scenes were the only way we could get some figures that have since never been released on a card (Owen Lars & Palpy with Throne come to mind). The battlepacks that seem to have taken the place of these are a ridiculous way to repackage 95% of figures we already have with about 5% new figures.

There are several very worthy additions that, in some cases, are long overdue. Hopefully Hasbro would also make these much easier to find than they did with those shortpacks of half the sets in the past. And they should start with a proper remake of these two impossible-to-find rehashes:

Separation of the Twins: Luke
Obi-Wan w/ hood
Owen Lars w/o cloak
Beru Lars w/Baby Luke

Separation of the Twins: Leia
Bail Organa
Queen of Alderaan w/Baby Leia
Generic Droid

In both cases, better re-sculpts of the twins are a must.

In addition, I would want to see the following:

The Lars Family
Young Owen Lars w/cloak
Beru Whitesun
Cliegg Lars w/ hoverchair

Duel of the Fates
Obi-Wan in fighting stance aiming high
Qui-Gon in fighting stance aiming low
Darth Maul blocking both sabers

Battle on Geonosis
Obi-Wan injured and on the ground
Anakin swinging one saber high, the other low
Count Dooku blocking one saber, force pushing w/ the other hand

stillakid
01-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Deaths on Tatooine Set: ANH
- Crispy Owen and Beru Skeletons
- Assorted crispy Jawas
- "Blasted" Greedo

Deaths on Tatooine Set: ROTJ
- "Choked" Jabba the Hutt with eyes rolling to the back of his head action
- Half-chewed Gamorrean Guard
- Digested Boba Fett

Deaths on Tatooine Set: Prequels
- splattered against a mesa wall Podrace pilot (with real goo included!)
- "Waiting to die until the last possible moment for story convenience" Shmi
- Sliced and diced Sandpeople

Vader's Wrath
- Choking Antilles
- Choking Motti
- Dead Ozzel

Umbra
01-24-2007, 01:06 PM
I liked the c nema scenes well enough. NEver did find that Watto's Box i wanted ever, lol. However, especially with some of the later ones, the figure quality was rather low, particularly in articulation.

Battle Droid
01-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Mustafar War Room

Nute Gunray
Rune Haako
Po Nudo

Mustafar War Room II

Rute Gunnay
Denaria Kee
Po Nudo's aide

Meeting of the Separatists on Geonosis

Gilramos Libkath
Tikkes
Rogwa Wodrata

Slicker
01-24-2007, 02:22 PM
. However, especially with some of the later ones, the figure quality was rather low, particularly in articulation.I second that. Need I mention the cantina one with Nabrun Leids *shudder*

I do agree that these Cinema Scenes were pretty cool. I've got all of 'em and they were something different from the norm and they gave us some new figures (the Death Star Escape comes directly to mind).

Tycho
01-24-2007, 05:50 PM
The ones I want:

Separation of the Twins: Luke
Obi-Wan w/ hood
Owen Lars w/o cloak
Beru Lars w/Baby Luke

Separation of the Twins: Leia
Bail Organa
Queen of Alderaan w/Baby Leia
Generic Droid

In addition, I would want to see the following:

The Lars Family
Young Owen Lars w/cloak
Beru Whitesun
Cliegg Lars w/ hoverchair

Battle on Geonosis
Obi-Wan injured and on the ground
Anakin swinging one saber high, the other low
Count Dooku blocking one saber, force pushing w/ the other hand

And I made some revisions to BattleDroid's suggestion:

Meeting of the Separatists on Geonosis

Tiikes
Tonbuck Toora
Po Nudo

These main 3 would be super cool to get all of them in one set!

TheDarthVader
01-24-2007, 05:55 PM
I would buy a lot of the cinema scenes if they ever made them, especially OT cinema scenes. Then they could give us more jabba's palace and cantina aliens.

Kidhuman
01-24-2007, 10:24 PM
I loved this subline. I was irked when they went to the screen scenes. I hated em. Bring these all back I say.

JediTricks
01-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Cinema Scenes were a good idea in theory, but in practice I really don't think they worked as well as folks remember. A lot of the figures were rehashes or slight remolds rather than new figures, and those rare new figures were often badly realized with scene-specific poses and cheap paint. A lot of Cinema Scenes and the later Screen Scenes ended up languishing and going to clearance. It's not something I'd like to see revisited anymore, maybe if it's something special but even stuff like the garbage masher 2packs didn't quite work as well as they should have.

jedi master sal
01-24-2007, 11:20 PM
I loved this subline. I was irked when they went to the screen scenes. I hated em. Bring these all back I say.

I think if this question was posd to Hasbro, they would say something like, "That's what the battle packs are for." They depict action oriented scenes that are appealing to the broadest audience (kids/collectors/casual fans). Whereas scene specific packs might be though of as niche and not action oriented. (Ala the Lars sets-though I'd buy them of course) thus kid swouldn't be in a hurry to get them and this translates into poor sales.

I'm not disagreeing with you fellas. I'd like to see them too. But Hasbro seems to have a winner on their hands with the Battle packs and until those start to really pegwarm, I don't see them changing this format anytime soon.

-Sal

Slicker
01-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Cinema Scenes were a good idea in theory, but in practice I really don't think they worked as well as folks remember. A lot of the figures were rehashes or slight remolds rather than new figures, and those rare new figures were often badly realized with scene-specific poses and cheap paint.
Sounds kinda like the battlepacks...

JediTricks
01-24-2007, 11:36 PM
Sounds kinda like the battlepacks...Yeah, I wouldn't know though, I haven't bought a single one. :p

I think if this question was posd to Hasbro, they would say something like, "That's what the battle packs are for." They depict action oriented scenes that are appealing to the broadest audience (kids/collectors/casual fans). Whereas scene specific packs might be though of as niche and not action oriented. (Ala the Lars sets-though I'd buy them of course) thus kid swouldn't be in a hurry to get them and this translates into poor sales.From Q&A, ActionFigs.com, July 26th:

ActionFigs.com: Will Hasbro be doing more 3-figure, movie-accurate diorama Cinema Scenes/Screen Scenes sets?
Hasbro: Not at this time. We're sticking with the Battle Pack series and a couple other multi-figure formats for the near future.
Strangely, that's the only Q&A about it I can find out of EVERYBODY'S.

dindae
01-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Cinema Scenes were a good idea in theory, but in practice I really don't think they worked as well as folks remember. A lot of the figures were rehashes or slight remolds rather than new figures, and those rare new figures were often badly realized with scene-specific poses and cheap paint. A lot of Cinema Scenes and the later Screen Scenes ended up languishing and going to clearance. It's not something I'd like to see revisited anymore, maybe if it's something special but even stuff like the garbage masher 2packs didn't quite work as well as they should have.

I agree totally. Almost every incarnation of multipacks give me figures I don't want to get one or two that I do. Now I understand that sometimes a nice multipack is the only would have gotten some figures in the past. However now with EU not being taboo in the main line I feel like there is no reason to go back to any form of multipack. I think the only packs that I really enjoyed every figure have been the online army builder packs and droid five packs from EE.

JON9000
01-25-2007, 11:00 AM

In all fairness, that happens all the time. Nothing like having a character die in another's arms for dramatic effect!

stillakid
01-25-2007, 11:13 AM
In all fairness, that happens all the time. Nothing like having a character die in another's arms for dramatic effect!

Tell that to Owen and Beru!!!!

Seriously though, it doesn't happen all the time. That scene was so moronic that it made me gag the first time I saw it. Take another example from Star Wars, like when Vader dies in Luke's arms. Sure, it was for "dramatic" effect, but at least it made sense that he would die right there. Luke took the life-support helmet off, the guy had a couple of minutes to live without it, and bam, he died. But Shmi was just hanging around looking all shagged out and then dies for no apparent reason. I mean, if she had a neck injury and Anakin's taking her down from the stripper pole aggravated that in any way to cause her death, then sure, but that wasn't the case. She just hangs out, gasps out a few last words (not very well acted either), and then conveniently dies so that Hayd-akin can get his Oscar-clip crying scene in.

But anyway, Tatooine is a real death trap so it deserves several commemorative boxed sets to celebrate that status. :love:

JON9000
01-25-2007, 09:46 PM
There... is... a....nother....Sky.... walk...er. :dead:

Swett, I got to use the :dead: emoticon.

stillakid
01-26-2007, 06:42 AM
There... is... a....nother....Sky.... walk...er. :dead:

Swett, I got to use the :dead: emoticon.

I'll give you that one! :) Yeah, I was always a bit bothered by how quickly lil' Yoda's health deteriorated from the beginning of that scene to the end. I mean, when it starts, his up and around and making soup. Within minutes, he's tucked himself in and pretty much kicks it. Had he already been visibley sick to the point of near-death as the scene opened, then it would have been a bit more plausible. But it still isn't as aggregious as Shmi just hanging around in some state of unconsciousness just to last long enough for Ani to get there. Her state of being didn't change from the beginning to the end of that scene, save for the death part at the end, so she really could have died at any time before Ani got there. But no, she conveniently held on just long enough for Hayden to get his Oscar clip in.

jedi master sal
01-26-2007, 07:09 AM
I'll give you that one! :) Yeah, I was always a bit bothered by how quickly lil' Yoda's health deteriorated from the beginning of that scene to the end. I mean, when it starts, his up and around and making soup. Within minutes, he's tucked himself in and pretty much kicks it. Had he already been visibley sick to the point of near-death as the scene opened, then it would have been a bit more plausible. But it still isn't as aggregious as Shmi just hanging around in some state of unconsciousness just to last long enough for Ani to get there. Her state of being didn't change from the beginning to the end of that scene, save for the death part at the end, so she really could have died at any time before Ani got there. But no, she conveniently held on just long enough for Hayden to get his Oscar clip in.

Well, consider her words for a second. "My grown up boy, now I am complete." (Something along those lines) I believe she was holding on for as long as possible. She was a strong woman, as evidence by being sold into slavery, seeing her son snatched away from her (even if by choice to a degree), the loneliness she would have had to endure after that. Being held by the Tuskens, while beaten and bloodied was only a physical thing and could be overcome at least to the point that she could hold out hope that she'd be rescued. To have it be her grown up son rescue her, I can see where she would have felt complete and could have lost the will to survive, knowing that her boy had "made it" in life. She truly was complete in that moment. I think it was a good scene. One of the better ones for character development, IMO.

stillakid
01-26-2007, 07:47 AM
Well, consider her words for a second. "My grown up boy, now I am complete." (Something along those lines) I believe she was holding on for as long as possible. She was a strong woman, as evidence by being sold into slavery, seeing her son snatched away from her (even if by choice to a degree), the loneliness she would have had to endure after that. Being held by the Tuskens, while beaten and bloodied was only a physical thing and could be overcome at least to the point that she could hold out hope that she'd be rescued. To have it be her grown up son rescue her, I can see where she would have felt complete and could have lost the will to survive, knowing that her boy had "made it" in life. She truly was complete in that moment. I think it was a good scene. One of the better ones for character development, IMO.

If we buy what you say, then she's no better than Padme who "loses" the will to live at the moment when she could actually rejoin/be with her child(ren). Therefore the lesson to be learned from these brilliant examples of character development is that the women in Star Wars are selfish and weak. They'd rather die to avoid pain in their own lives than live for their children.

DarkArtist
01-26-2007, 08:37 AM
I loved the cinema scenes and thought the concept was great. true the figures had limited articulation but that wasn't the point. I think the point hasbro was trying to make was that these were figures that were to stay in the packaging for display purposes. My all time favorite was the Jedi Final Duel set with Vader, Luke and the Emperor.
if hasbro brings these back I'd be all for it, would love to see them do a Theed Attack set or perhaps a really cool looking Mustafar set with Anakin and Obi Wan, the droid Anakin stands on top of and the platform for Obi Wan, also a molded volcanic display base with lava would rock as well.

Tycho
01-26-2007, 09:24 AM
I like a majority of things about the prequels, but I definitely would have changed the way Padme dies.

I'd have had Anakin hurl her away in his anger and have her stabbed through the chest by some projectile she smacks against.

This would not be an immediate killing blow. She'll live through the time Obi-Wan and Anakin have their duel, and she still makes it to Polis Massan to deliver the twins unharmed. Then she dies. It would show her strength if she used her last breaths to live long enough to make sure Luke & Leia were safe.

That's all that needed to be done.

I don't see the problem with the violence. Girls are impaled on Smallville on network television just about every season. The only stipulation is that Padme could not be immediately impaled through the heart or her womb.

This would not have been hard to fix at all.

It is so much better than the lame "lost the will to live." She has kids to live for - that's what she has to live for.

Granted: some things in her life are really messed up:

1) Her Senator she allied herself with since she was the Queen, has turned out to be a Sith Lord responsible for billions of deaths in intergalactic civil war and the murder of 10,000 Jedi Knights - some by the hands of her husband whom he also corrupted, along with the government.

2) Her husband and one true love in her life, the father of her children, has turned into a power hungry obsessive willing to kill other children. And he begins lying to her.

3) For 13 years she has never been able to rid herself of JarJar Binks (that right there might have done it).

But if things are that bad, she might want to live to try and set them straight.

JON9000
01-26-2007, 09:53 AM
the women in Star Wars are selfish and weak.

Except for Princess Leia. She's a totally hardcore. :love:

Besides, I've totally gotten over all of these deaths... believe it or not, they happen throughout literature, film, music... and while we can dis George, I think 30 Helens Agree that Shakespeare was no slouch.

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/333/7582/1335

My all time favorite was the Jedi Final Duel set with Vader, Luke and the Emperor.

Yeah, I'm surprised the Emperor on his throne hasn't been done in almost a decade! In spite of this, the set can be had for next to nothing on Ebay!

Jargo
01-26-2007, 12:28 PM
I dislike the cinema scenes and the battle packs and the multipacks. I think the three pack idea from the clone wars line was the best way to do it although pre-posed unarticulated figures isn't acceptable in such sets. I don't want the extra cost of fancy packaging I just want the goods. brought to me in a way that is cheap to purchase.
selling figures in threes is a hella cool idea but the masses of packaging is excessive and unnecessary.

a three pack to me should be no different to a single carded figure. each figure blistered to the card. each figure with appropriate accessories like weapons or helmets. each figure with a stand. not one long base like we had with the cinema scenes. no printed box diorama background. cheap and accessible to the consumer and highly visible product.

and at least two of the three figures should be new. never before presented characters.

it's an excellent way to sell those background characters with nano seconds of screentime. and frankly the choices of the past cinema scenes haven't been too inspired. and really the big box treatment wasn't justified. that should be limited to stuff like the death star briefing or bounty hunters sets. where it is something a bit out of the ordinary.

I've only ever bought the cinema scenes when they've been reduced because I don't believe the high retail cost is justified at all. bring the cost down and package them in a larger blister and cardback way and I'm in.

JON9000
01-26-2007, 04:08 PM
I dislike the cinema scenes and the battle packs and the multipacks.

no printed box diorama background. cheap and accessible to the consumer and highly visible product.

You do not want a diorama background, but you do want cheap and highly visible product? It seems to me that Battlepacks provide cheap product and they are extremely visible on the shelf.

and at least two of the three figures should be new. never before presented characters.

it's an excellent way to sell those background characters with nano seconds of screentime. and frankly the choices of the past cinema scenes haven't been too inspired. and really the big box treatment wasn't justified. that should be limited to stuff like the death star briefing or bounty hunters sets. where it is something a bit out of the ordinary.

Back in the days of Cinema scenes, we got a ton of new figures packed in! Remember the CANTINA SHOWDOWN with new Dr.E? Even Ben and Wally were at least newly posed. What about DEATH STAR CAPTURE- with both Han and Luke in Stormie disguise! Later POTF2 scenes had new figures at the time, or at least significantly improved ones! FINAL JEDI DUEL had Palps in his chair and a Jedi Luke with a much better face sculpt. MYNOCK HUNT had Hoth Leia and a Chewie that blew every other version at the time completely out of the water. Plus the Mynock. Then we were treated to CANTINA ALIENS, JABBA'S DANCERS, and SKIFF GUARDS, all with COMPLETELY NEW FIGURES!!!! So my question is, are you mad?

Oh, and how can we have bounty hunter sets with never before presented characters?

As for Battlepacks, I can see where they've fallen off, but now we have the Snowbunny Padme pack, the Tantive IV pack, the Felucia pack, which seem to be acquiescing to the requests of collectors to make troop building easier... I can't for the love of mercy understand why there is still so much griping.

I've only ever bought the cinema scenes when they've been reduced because I don't believe the high retail cost is justified at all. bring the cost down and package them in a larger blister and cardback way and I'm in.

I, too, am all for cheaper products.:thumbsup:

Jargo
01-26-2007, 07:01 PM
You do not want a diorama background, but you do want cheap and highly visible product? It seems to me that Battlepacks provide cheap product and they are extremely visible on the shelf.
Ok firstly the battlepacks and multi-packs and cinema scenes all use far too much packaging for a tiny amount of product. it's wasteful and adds cost that we the consumers don't need adding in a world of constant inflation and financial troubles. not to mention the size of the packaging means fewer units on shelves. hasbro has proved they can make deluxe figure sets with three figures that look fine, hold the figures well and take up less room by hanging on the pegs rather than getting lost on lower shelves in displays. at retail I mean. over all it's about maximising product output through sales. cinema scenes are pricey and judging by the amount still turning up online at e-tail and in B&M stores at silly prices, they can't have sold very well in that old format.

no you're being pedantic about the bounty hunter multipack mention. though in actual fact, there are enough jabba's palace and cantina characters to fill a big long box full of other bounty hunters. plus zam wessel and EU characters. I was making the point that for a bunch of figures from a specific scene the long window box is fine from time to time as an exeption. as an exclusive.

the multipacks we've been getting like the Imperial forces, jedi knights, pit of carkoon, hoth etc. they have the figures presented in a stupid manner. same with battle packs. while a relatively small number of collectors may keep stuff boxed up and displayed museum style, most open their product and discard the packaging which means the cost of producing big box like packaging is a waste and is too costly to the majority of consumers.
Take the tantive IV battle pack. the figures are arranged around the side of the box leaving a huge empty space in the middle which is ludicrous. who wants to buy a mostly empty box? why so much cardboard? it's bad design and planning. Not to mention the bizarre inclusio of a droid that never entered the Tantive IV.

ultimately what I'm driving at is a need for cheapness now. rethinking the movie vignette idea and moving away from expensive packaging to a format whereby you get a good amount of decent product packaged in a way that allows it to move off the pegs fast.

Three figures a set is a good number. Provided the choice of figures is good too. The last deluxe figures from Saga II where they shoved Bubo and Wol Cabashhite and a B'omarr monk together was a cool set. that's the way i'm saying cinema scene figures should be packaged. you still get the cool figures but the packaging is cheaper. you can still have a printed scene on the card back same as with single carded figures but it costs less. that's the goal.

so what about the figure choices?

Death star escape: using SA stormtrooper bodies and removable helmets for Luke and Han, The early bird Chewbacca with binders that fit. that would be my first choice right now as lots of people are asking for L&H stormie disguise figures.

Yavin base rebel officers: would be my next choice, using the body of ANH captain Antilles and giving new heads to get Commander Bob Hudsol and Commander Willard. Use Dodona's body and get Commander Evram Lajaie.

Sale of the speeder: Wioslea with soft goods robe, SA Ben Kenobi with soft goods. Luke with soft goods poncho and wad of credits.

Skiff guards II: new versions of the vintage Nikto, Woof (furry skirt Klaatu in the vintage line) and one of the human skiff guards.

Pod racers: Mawhonic, Clegg holdfast, Ben Quadinaros

Boonta eve: Anakin pod racer with removable helmet and articulated arms. Kitster and Wald.

Emperor's throne room: soft goods cloak Emperor and throne, Sim Aloo Imperial dignitary, Royal guard.

Jabba's dancers II: Jess, Arica, Yarna D'al Gargan.

Endor bunker: Rebel trooper in biker scout disguise, R2-D2 with all his panels busted open and tools deployed. Ewok warrior with rocks.

Home One Rebel briefing: SA Human B-wing pilot, rebel R5 unit, better articulated Admiral Ackbar.

Rogue Squadron: Hobbie Klivvian, Wes Janson, Wedge Antilles snowspeeder pilots.

Imperial officers ESB: Admiral Piett, Captain Lennox, Captain Needa.

Trade federation Droid control ship: Daultay Dofine, Tey how, Pilot Battle droid.

AOTC Lars homestead: Cliegg in repulsorlift chair, Owen and Beru.

Dexters diner: Hermione bagwa, Rednax (Dug same as Sebulba), Seboca (Nuknog, same species as Ark 'Bumpy' Roose from the pod race).

which are all just off the top of my head and merely ideas rather than suggestions.

JON9000
01-26-2007, 08:08 PM
most open their product and discard the packaging which means the cost of producing big box like packaging is a waste and is too costly to the majority of consumers.

You should see the packaging for Sideshow and MR items, holy smokes! Although I suppose those are museum quality. I think the packaging appeals to kids. Remember the commercials for GI Joe back in the 80's? the supercool environments that the kids were shown playing with the figures in... it was as cool as the figures! Anyway, I get that it adds cost, but I see it as a way of advertising.

If you really want to get me going, (and El chuxter, apparently) start talking about the premium we pay for clamshelled figures in the VOTC line.

How do you feel about figures being sold in *real* environments, such as the cantina sets? I love those, and I wasn't too put off by the price point, although I was a bit by the rehashes.

Kidhuman
01-27-2007, 11:23 PM
You also forgot the cinema scenes are the only way we got Uncle Owen.

Tycho
01-28-2007, 12:47 AM
You also forgot the cinema scenes are the only way we got Uncle Owen.

Who needs an update now, from both trilogies, as well as Beru and Cliegg from AOTC.

JediTricks
01-28-2007, 05:24 AM
But Shmi was just hanging around looking all shagged out and then dies for no apparent reason. HANGING AROUND FOR A DAMN MONTH NO LESS!!!

Well, consider her words for a second. "My grown up boy, now I am complete." (Something along those lines) I believe she was holding on for as long as possible.FOR A MONTH!!! Nobody just hangs in there for a month, if they can survive that long they're tough enough to survive longer than 10 extra minutes or they would have faded a long time before.

Being held by the Tuskens, while beaten and bloodied was only a physical thing and could be overcome at least to the point that she could hold out hope that she'd be rescued.For a MONTH?!? C'mon!

If we buy what you say, then she's no better than Padme who "loses" the will to live at the moment when she could actually rejoin/be with her child(ren). Therefore the lesson to be learned from these brilliant examples of character development is that the women in Star Wars are selfish and weak. They'd rather die to avoid pain in their own lives than live for their children.Don't forget how much more convenient it is for the screenwriter to pull that out rather than complicate Anakin's life with these women. Shmi lives and now Anakin has to deal with juggling his responsibilities to the Jedi and his loyalty to his living mom. Padme lives and now Anakin has to deal with juggling his responsibilities to Sidious and the search for his beloved wife. But then Lucas would have to figure a way out of writing himself into a corner that didn't involve a CPD.

I still think Padme should have found out in ROTS that the Nexu's claw scratches in AOTC left just enough toxin to kill her slowly, and that she'd live out her remaining days hidden on Alderaan as a handmaiden to the royal family.

Tycho
01-28-2007, 05:31 AM
The Tuskens had to be giving Shmi some water, else she would have been dead in 2 days in that environment. This is very out-of-character for the Tuskens, since they'd have to be doing what would be considered "wasting water" since it is such a precious resource on Tatooine.

Next, how the heck could she have gone to the bathroom in that environment?

Finally, there are 2 options here: they were raping her - a fact that wouldn't be presented in a PG movie OR they believed she served them some revered religious purpose and that also explained why they were sacraficing water for her. This might've been covered in the novelization (I don't recall if it was), but I understand why they didn't show it in the movie because they wanted her first appearance and the knowledge of whether she lived to be revealed when Anakin discovers her. However, if it was the latter reason, they might've covered that with a line of dialogue between Anakin and Padme, upon his return.

bobafrett
01-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Next, how the heck could she have gone to the bathroom in that environment?

Cloth depends diapers, or she just went all over herself, which is why Anakin gets all upset, because he realizes it soaked through to his Jedi robes.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Are there no threads about Shmi's death? Take it out of this thread.

Anyway, the Cinema Scenes are, to me, just a lot like the Battlepacks. While many of them had all-new figures, the majority of them had retools that we didn't really need (Mos Espa Encounter, anyone?). Plus, weren't they like $20, which is the price now for five figures in a Battlepack?

stillakid
08-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Deaths on Tatooine Set: ANH
- Crispy Owen and Beru Skeletons
- Assorted crispy Jawas
- "Blasted" Greedo

Deaths on Tatooine Set: ROTJ
- "Choked" Jabba the Hutt with eyes rolling to the back of his head action
- Half-chewed Gamorrean Guard
- Digested Boba Fett

Deaths on Tatooine Set: Prequels
- splattered against a mesa wall Podrace pilot (with real goo included!)
- Sliced and diced Sandpeople

Vader's Wrath
- Choking Antilles
- Choking Motti
- Dead Ozzel

I'd like to add another boxed set in this same theme. Something along the lines of "Pilots Death" complete with a smooshed Dack (ESB Snowspeeder), exploded Porkins (ANH), and maybe an exploded TIE Pilot.

General_Grievous
08-01-2007, 02:28 PM
exploded Porkins (ANH)

That would be interesting. :p