PDA

View Full Version : Force Unleashed?

Umbra
01-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Now I was glancing around 4-inches after looking over the new vintage figures, and saw what I'd assume to be the rumored product list. Now, I can't read the language so I can't be sure what ewxactly they were talking about, but there was something odd for wave 9:

Wave 9
Force Unleashed: Darth Vader
Force Unleashed: Samurai Jedi
Force Unleashed: Maris Brood
Force Unleashed: Stormtrooper 1
Force Unleashed: Stormtrooper 2
Force Unleashed: Heavy Stormtrooper
Force Unleashed: Shadow Guard

Now reading this i'm like "Jedi Samurai? WTF?"

wondering if anyone knew anything, even rumer wise, or if i misinterpreted the list?

El Chuxter
01-24-2007, 01:51 PM
At Comic-Con last year, they showed some clips of a new game due out later this year on the next-gen consoles, which dealt with surviving Jedi fighting for their lives, on the run from Vader and his Stormtroopers. The scenes looked quite good, but not nearly good enough to get me to drop $500 or more on a new system.

I believe Sansweet's exact words were something like, "This game will allow you to unleash the power of the Force as never before." I didn't think anything of it then, but it seems the most logical explanation. (Especially since searching can reveal no other results for "Maris Brood," and it's unlikely Hasbro would completely make up a name like that.)

I hope these aren't real, though, if that's the case. I have a few dozen (if not hundred) figures I'd rather see.

And Samurai + Jedi sounds utterly moronic.

jedi master sal
01-24-2007, 03:30 PM
And Samurai + Jedi sounds utterly moronic.

Well there was the guy who drew Samurai Jack that also drew the Clone Wars series featuring many Jedi.

Darth Jax
01-24-2007, 08:52 PM
belushi used to do samurai ____. did he ever mock the force on snl?

JediTricks
01-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Hasbro's been hinting that they're doing figures for an upcoming SW game, maybe Chux nailed it.

jedi master sal
01-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Hasbro's been hinting that they're doing figures for an upcoming SW game, maybe Chux nailed it.

this is what it is.

I'm disappointed to. I was really hoping for more KOTOR figs. Revan better sell well damnit. All you people who voted for him/her, better buy them up. It's probably our last hope to see more KOTOR figs in the future.

abell748
01-25-2007, 08:37 AM
this is what it is.

I'm disappointed to. I was really hoping for more KOTOR figs. Revan better sell well damnit. All you people who voted for him/her, better buy them up. It's probably our last hope to see more KOTOR figs in the future.

If it makes you feel better, I'm in for 3. One carded, one to open, and my son wants one so he can kick his brother's Obi-Wan's butt.:whip:

Kidhuman
01-25-2007, 09:43 AM
These sound like a pass.

El Chuxter
01-25-2007, 10:32 AM
JMS, I was assuming the description meant a Jedi in what looked like full samurai armor. This would be ridiculous, as what we associate with samurai armor was typically designed for flashiness and intimidation--hardly Jedi traits.

I'd not considered a more low-key samurai outfit, like what Jack wears. That could possibly work.

DarkArtist
01-26-2007, 07:33 AM
the line is a wait and see for me. i wonder if they are going to be in the same scale as the 3 3/4 line or are they going to be in the scale of the unleashed line ?

as far as buying Darth Raven, put me down for two or more. would love to see if I can customize one to look like the female version of Darth Raven as well.