PDA

View Full Version : CIA Homepage for Kids

JediTricks
01-24-2007, 10:11 PM
https://www.cia.gov/cia/ciakids/index.shtml

I am not fooling! This is absolutely real, apparently Clinton in '97 requested federal government agencies expand internet-based educational access to kids, parents, and teachers. The site's a little old-school and certainly doesn't look like what one would expect from the CIA website, but I find it fascinating that it exists at all.

The page for the CIA seal is pretty funny, they animated the eagle so that he's winking!!! https://www.cia.gov/cia/ciakids/seal/about_the_seal.html

JimJamBonds
01-25-2007, 11:03 AM
So did you find this while working on a school project there JT? ;)

stillakid
01-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Great. I clicked the link and now I'm back on the grid. :ninja:

El Chuxter
01-25-2007, 01:28 PM
So did you find this while working on a school project there JT? ;)

If JT responds that he found it while researching an extra credit project for his Spanish teacher, I am leaving and never posting here again.

Dominic Guglieme
01-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Not a bad page actually. I blundered across myself a few years back, while considering aapplying for a job with the CIA. (Stiictly office and low level mind you, as I am diabetic, and field work would be a bad idea.) Then, I read Robert Baer's "See No Evil", and thought better of it.

Jargo
01-26-2007, 08:49 PM
I like the CIA site. the way they describe the UK like a commodity is amusing.

JediTricks
01-28-2007, 06:03 AM
So did you find this while working on a school project there JT? ;)Actually, I was looking on their site to see if they had their TV ads online, I wanted to show someone the one they've been running on Comedy Central during The Daily Show. They didn't have 'em that I could find, but when I saw the CIA Kids link I got totally distracted by the idea. :p

Great. I clicked the link and now I'm back on the grid. :ninja:You're on the internet, that's the grid, look at the name! "inter" "net" "web"

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-29-2007, 07:29 PM
I am having trouble finding the links to "how to overrun third world banana republics and install puppet dictators who will rape the people and resources of your country for the benefit of the U.S," and "fun with international espionage." :confused:

Jargo
01-29-2007, 07:38 PM
they don't even have tips on how to bug a room correctly. how lame is that?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-29-2007, 10:20 PM
they don't even have tips on how to bug a room correctly. how lame is that?

I know, what gives?

JediTricks
01-29-2007, 10:55 PM
I know, what gives?
Scared of the competition from clever 8-year-olds. :p

Tycho
01-30-2007, 04:53 PM
So are there rewards for turning in your parents, siblings, or neighbors?

Is there a match-up game so kids will learn to correctly racial-profile?

How about a version of "Where's Waldo," where you point out the suspicious people in pictures taken from airport surveilance cameras?

How about an essay writing contest where you are asked to competently lie for a senior administration official?