PDA

View Full Version : Sith Probe Droids

Darth Cruel
01-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Just wanted to give you all some detailed pics.

Front and back.

Darth Cruel
01-26-2007, 07:27 PM
And each side. I got them today in the early afternoon. They are awesome!

I was also quite pleased to find that the control bracelet came with the set. It is exactly like the one molded onto Maul's hand, but it is a separate accessory.

Bosskman
01-27-2007, 05:44 AM
Cool. Mine should be here in a week or so.

JediTricks
01-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Looks pretty sharp! How do they feel, delicate or solid? Do they come off the stand rods?

Darth Cruel
01-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Looks pretty sharp! How do they feel, delicate or solid? Do they come off the stand rods?

Not too delicate except for the antenna. I am very careful with that. They are separate from the rods that hold them, and I particularly like that because I want to find a way to suspend them in a way that hides anything that I end up using as the support.

JediTricks
01-28-2007, 11:30 PM
The antennae are hard plastic? That's an odd choice.

Ah, cool beans about being removable. Take pics of whatever rig you come up with.

nash
02-03-2007, 05:07 AM
does anyone need this? I want to get rid of mine, never opened it, it's the inclusive.

dr_evazan22
02-03-2007, 09:24 AM
I don't think I know if this was mentioned before, but Maul's ship, the Sith Infiltrator, was named in the "bio" of the probe droids - The Scimitar.

Bosskman
03-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Got mine. Pretty cool, but I think they'd break easy and are hard to put on the wires.

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Decided to get the set with its sand base by using the $30 CIV gift card I got. I was hoping the $25 would also carry over part of the shipping on that $30, but no dice. Still, not bad for $10 with shipping/tax.

sergiurusu
08-06-2007, 05:35 AM
For now this set of Sith Probe Droids is the only Sideshow product I own. No SS Maul to go with these either, I might think of getting the new RAH Maul to go with the droids...

JediTricks
08-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Decided to get the set with its sand base by using the $30 CIV gift card I got. I was hoping the $25 would also carry over part of the shipping on that $30, but no dice. Still, not bad for $10 with shipping/tax.
They showed up a few days ago. Turns out since I live so close, the $10 shipping was an estimate and they only charged me $6.04 - yay! Six bucks for this set is the happy happy price, it's worth at least $6. ;) The box is attractive and I like that they included the magnets on the flap even though it's not a dual-window 5-fold like the 12" figures. The bracelet seems alright, but looks a little tough to get on a figure's hand - I doubt I'll even try. I had forgotten about the sand base for another figure, took me a moment to figure out why it was there - cute idea though, and it cost me nothing to have.

I think the most important thing about this set though is that the droids look WAY better in person than on Sideshow's page. Even with the slight assembly and paint slop on mine, those prototypes don't hold a candle to the finished product - Darth Cruel's pics in this thread are way better at conveying how these really look (even if his f-stop is way too low for something that close ;)).

plasticfetish
08-20-2007, 01:47 AM
$6.04 is a pretty sweet deal! Gotta love those gift cards.

Reminds me... I bought this set a while ago (before we moved), and haven't had a chance to play with it or shoot pics w/ Maul. Now that I have the Holo Sidious, I'll need to set something up.

AmanaMatt
08-20-2007, 12:43 PM
I keep forgetting to use mine...it's good on just certain items, right?

plasticfetish
08-20-2007, 02:22 PM
...yeah, they'll have a list of things that you can use the cards for.

JediTricks
08-20-2007, 04:34 PM
I keep forgetting to use mine...it's good on just certain items, right?
Yeah, only in-stock items, no preorders. The SSC gift card webpage listed on the card itself has a list of available items near the bottom, but it's a wonky list as some items are only available for Europe and others have sold through already.

Jaina Solo
09-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Just FYI, AFX (shopafx.com) has the Sith probe droid set on clearance for $5. Sale ends today.