PDA

View Full Version : Another basicly repain wave

joshephe
01-26-2007, 10:42 PM
It looks like wave 3 of 2007 will basically be a repaint wave. Of the 6 new ships in the wave 5 our repaints of previous ships. Though the V-wing looks cool. I will more than likely get the 6 new ships from the wave.

figrin bran
01-27-2007, 12:31 AM
I definitely want the Cylon Raider, V-Wing and Plo Koon's fighter. as for the rest, come on, an orange B-Wing????

Ashley
01-27-2007, 12:07 PM
V-wing looks good, not sure about the rest, i bet those re-paints wish they were melted down and made into somthing more worthy. Come on Hasbro, an orange! b-wing! tut tut tut

Jangu Fett
01-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Whats the deal, Hasbro running out of ships to make???

Wave 3 doesn't look all that bad to me. Ok, more repaints. I'm not all that surprised. It seems to be Hasbros thing now. Wonder what reapint the next wave will have? Another Falcon maybe all black like in the Vong War story. And I'm guessing 2 more repaints of the JSF, there are 2 in the Clone Wars cartoon I don't thing they have done yet.

And why does the V-Wings wings fold together like in SW Battlefront? This was the one ship I've been dying for, and Hasbro messes it up. How is it messed up? If you watch ROTS before Obi goes to fight Greivous. On the Star Destroyer talking to the clones you can see a couple Techs working on a V-Wing. The wing are not together, but going like this ^. This is like what Hasbro done to Greivous Wheelbike with his seat on the wrong side. Not a big deal but, one I thought Hasbro would not make. Oh, well. At least we're getting one.

JediTricks
01-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Excited about the V-wing, none of the rest do anything for me (well, the Cylon Raider but that's just a holdover from wave 2). The blue JSF seems acceptable enough though, as does Obi-Wan's red JSF finally out of the multipack. The snowbound Clone Turbo Tank is particularly lame though (and yet again, it's photographed driving away from us by accident). I don't understand Hasbro's thinking on these, we're still lacking waves 14, 15, and '07-01 in quantity, yet we get this repaint junk? Maybe if they weren't so busy cramming repaint after repaint down our throat they could pace this line out better so it doesn't flame-out.

And why does the V-Wings wings fold together like in SW Battlefront? This was the one ship I've been dying for, and Hasbro messes it up. How is it messed up? If you watch ROTS before Obi goes to fight Greivous. On the Star Destroyer talking to the clones you can see a couple Techs working on a V-Wing. The wing are not together, but going like this ^. You mean like the LEGO version? I don't think that's correct, I just cued up the scene and it's hard to make out, but it looks like the wings at the top are just the plates around the astromech, not the main wings.

Jangu Fett
01-27-2007, 09:15 PM
No, JT, I mean the movie. Even at the end when the Emporer bring Vader to Coruscant. You can see it more clearly, the V-Wings fly with the wing going >, right? When landing the wings rotate, as one, to form a inverted V. So the wing-tips are the landing gear.

I fond this at the offical site:
Bracketing the wedge-shaped ship were a set of flat wings extending above and below the ship. The wings were on articulated collars that allowed them to rotate 90 degrees for landing.

joshephe
01-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Excited about the V-wing, none of the rest do anything for me (well, the Cylon Raider but that's just a holdover from wave 2). The blue JSF seems acceptable enough though, as does Obi-Wan's red JSF finally out of the multipack. .

This red RotS JSF is different than the one in the multipack. It is battle damaged. The one in the multipack was not battle damaged.