PDA

View Full Version : SSG's Bi-Weekly Hasbro Q&A - January 26th

JediTricks
01-27-2007, 02:55 AM
3 questions, hot and fresh, no cheese stuck to the top of the box, it's Hasbro's answers to SSG questions for January 26th, 2007.

Thanks again to Hasbro for the answers, to all the folks who sent in questions and especially those who voted on them. Here come Hasbro's answers, and remember to check out ActionFigs.com (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=162) for their bi-weekly Hasbro Q&A as well (which also got an update today).

(Editor's note: this is the first round on Hasbro's bi-weekly Q&A schedule, the answers below are for questions we sent in on January 12th, we are still working on getting answers for the ones we sent in on the 19th. - JT)

Hasbro Q&A for the week of January 26th

Q: What happened to the scale when you made the previous Hoth Rebel Trooper (Saga '04-01), which is very short next to other figures, even taking his pose into account? Can we expect a more definitive Hoth Rebel anytime soon to go with that great Major Derlin from last year?
A: We didn't see this figure as particularly short, at least it wasn't designed to be deliberately so. When we do another new one, he'll probably be more of an average height (regression toward the mean).

- -

Q: What are the chances of seeing Titanium Series Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, and Destroyer Droid die-cast metal figures made? This would avoid the thin-wall problems of their plastic action figure counterparts.
A: Very unlikely at this point. The Titanium series figures slated to go through Spring will be the last of the series. While it would be cool to create a metal series of droids, we don't have any plans for this as these are pretty expensive relative to our 3-3/4" regular line.
(Editor's note: this question was sent in right before the news broke about the line's demise. - JT)

- -

Q: Hasbro has previously said that vehicles for the Galactic Heroes line did not sell well, but the only vehicles that have been released in the Galactic Heroes line itself are 2 re-releases of previous Playskool vehicles at higher pricepoints and 2 transforming vehicles taken from an unrelated line. The Galactic Heroes line has only 2 movie vehicles to choose from, the Millennium Falcon and the X-wing, but no vehicles for them to fight. Given that there is now a TIE Fighter Pilot, it seems only natural to make a TIE Fighter around the same size as the X-wing. What might be done to rectify this situation? Also, are there any plans to re-release any of the Star Wars Playskool figures or elements that have not yet been offered in the Galactic Heroes line, such as Wicket or the Wampa or the Naboo Fighter?
A: We are looking at the Galactic Heroes vehicle situation, and agree with you that they deserve another shot. However, before we commit to new vehicles, we have some research to do with kids to get at what they want to see to further their Galactic Heroes experience. We are also looking at getting some of the other un-released Playskool figures and vehicles back out there.

- -

And the questions at ActionFigs.com (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=162):
- Will we see a TIE Interceptor with the new, more accurate, center pod - the improved center cockpit TIE pod that has been released on the standard TIE Fighter the last couple of times? If so, would it have the old 2-piece hatch or the newest, 1-piece, side-opening hatch seen on the upcoming white TIE Fighter?
- The 2001 POTJ Princess Leia Bespin Escape figure has the best likeness and the first real quality use of scale on a Leia figure ever, yet this figure has not seen any decent rereleases. How about re-releasing this figure with new limbs that aren't preposed, perhaps with a little better articulation? This mold could also be used with changes to the hair, boots, and hands (turned into gloves), plus a new vest that fits, to make a new Hoth Leia.
- In the past, Toys R Us has had several promotional figures that could be obtained free with a purchase of $15 or so (such as Holographic Yoda and Palpatine, and some silver figures). Will we see more promotional figures such as these in the future, perhaps more holographic figures that would otherwise not be sold at normal retail?

bigbarada
01-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Yay! on the TIE Interceptor! :love:

So which Galactic heroes vehicles have yet to be rereleased? The Naboo Starfighter and that's about it. Maybe they could rerelease the TaunTaun and Wampa too.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-27-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm somewhat disappointed about their answer on the promotional figures, but I suppose I would rather have new vehicles if it comes down to it.

JediTricks
01-27-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm still surprised they didn't notice how short that Hoth Rebel Trooper is.

I'm bummed they won't be able to do battle droids in metal, this is I think one of the biggest frustrations with Hasbro, the coolest ideas don't get used in their fledgling side-lines such as these with Titanium figures and Vader & Luke Jedi with POTJ's Mega Action, and the lines fold because those ideas weren't implimented soon enough.

I'm really glad they agree about POTJ Leia, I hope to see a nifty upgraded version of that figure eventually.

So which Galactic heroes vehicles have yet to be rereleased? The Naboo Starfighter and that's about it. Maybe they could rerelease the TaunTaun and Wampa too.Yeah, the Naboo Fighter is the only other vehicle I can think of, though there are the beasts you mentioned plus the Reek from the Ep 2 pack.

I'm somewhat disappointed about their answer on the promotional figures, but I suppose I would rather have new vehicles if it comes down to it.Personally, I'm glad they're not doing this again, I don't care for promo figures - either they're not that good (ROTS holo Sidious, lava reflection Obi-Wan & Anakin, 'splodin Yam-Eyes Greivous), they're played out (too many silver guys) or they're hard to find.

I was compiling the other sites list, and was surprised to see a handful of questions that had already been answered here on SSG and on ActionFigs.com.

Rogue II
01-27-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm still surprised they didn't notice how short that Hoth Rebel Trooper is.

Me too, but at least it sounds like they are going to re-do it eventually. That French rumor list had a ESB Rebel Trooper on it. Could it be?

Kidhuman
01-30-2007, 10:34 AM
The freakin rebel trooper is from the micro machines line, how could they not notice?

Devo
01-30-2007, 12:50 PM
I do believe the saga hoth rebel was smaller than your typical POTF2 Leia was he not?

Rogue II
01-30-2007, 01:03 PM
I do believe the saga hoth rebel was smaller than your typical POTF2 Leia was he not?

I'm not sure, but if he was blue, he would fear Gargamel.

JediTricks
01-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Haw! Can't go wrong with a Smurf reference.

He's shorter than R-3PO and Luke Hoth, that is SHORT! http://www.rebelscum.com/sagafigures04.asp

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-31-2007, 05:51 PM
Don't razz the poor guy, I'm sure he got teased enough in school anyway.

JediTricks
02-01-2007, 01:25 AM
Then he should have joined the Empire where he could have felt like a big man! :p

I still don't see how Hasbro never noticed how unacceptable this thing is.