PDA

View Full Version : Galoob diecast models + BSG & Stargate

Ashley
01-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Hey, I’m a long, long time reader of this forum and finally decided to register, so Hi!

I have a large collection models from a vast array of science fiction films and series.

I’m in the UK, and for me to get Titanium’s I have to order mostly of EBay, there are a few sellers that get them a few weeks after they are released in the states, but they cost me over double what you would pay in WM.

I started collecting the Galoob Diecast models a long time ago. All my models were taken out of the boxed, but it was carefully done with a knife and I still have the boxes. My question is, do you think that in the far distant future the Galoob models will be worth more to collectors than the Hasbro Titanium’s even though most of the models have been re-issued. I have some rare Galoob models such as the Death Star and Tie Bomber.

I am a big BSG fan and I just want to say that if anyone from Hasbro reads this, Please please, please make more! I really want a Titanium Cylon Basestar.

I also like Stargate, so since Hasbro cancelled the Ultra and Figures lines, maybe they can compensate by giving us a 3” Titanium Stargate line. I heard rumours a while back of Stargate Titanium’s and Hasbro has the licence. A Diecast Stargate with Iris, Atlantis and Daedlus would make my life so much more worth living.

Finally, please Hasbro if you read this (unlikley, i know) stop with the constant repaints, I’ve personally never bought a repaint, only because I don’t have the room in my student bedroom, but when most of the waves are repaints I find that really annoying.

britcit3
01-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Greetings & welcome

At last - somebody else who has to pay thru the nose for their stuff.

This yankie doodle is good though and he won't rip you off on shipping...........

http://www.dnstoys.com/

ta-ra

BC3

sicqnus
01-28-2007, 03:41 PM
I like StarGate too but as StarGate SG-1 has been cancelled we should not expect anything anytime soon. Last word is : MGM studios has annoounced a new season is in the work for SG-1 (in april on Sci-Fi channel), this would be the very last one. Until the realease of this season, two movies are in the work.
According to a press release issued by MGM, studio senior executive vice president Charles Cohen said the movies will be made available to both the "television universe and home entertainment marketplace," according to Dark Horizons. That means that while the movies will most likely end up on DVD, there's a chance that a network like SciFi Channel could pick up the movies for air. Name of these movies will be : "Stargate: The Ark of Truth" and "Stargate: Continuum".

Ben Browder, Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Claudia Black and Michael Shanks are all scheduled to appear in both movies, and it's unclear if there will be any involvement from former series star Richard Dean Anderson or actor Beau Bridges. They will be written and produced by Brad Wright and Robert Cooper, and will provide what the studio calls the "latest visual and sound effects, providing viewers with a theatrical moviegoing experience."

The first film, "Ark of Truth," will wrap up the Ori storyline of the last two seasons, while "Continuum" will be more of a standalone story meant to possibly serve as a launching pad for future SG-1 movie projects. in "Ark of Truth," Daniel Jackson (Shanks) discovers that an artifact, called the Ark of Truth, can be used to pre-empt an Ori attack, and they use the Odyssey to retrieve it in the Ori home galaxy. "Continuum" involves the execution of long-time baddie Ba'al (Cliff Simon) when Teal'c (Judge) and Vala (Black) disappear. It's up to Carter (Tapping), Jackson and Mitchell (Browder) to find them in a world where the Stargate program has been erased from the timeline and Goa'uld motherships invade Earth. The crew is forced to set things right before Earth is once again enslaved by Ba'al, this time joined by his queen Katesh (played by Claudia Black) and his first prime, Teal'C.

No release date for the movies have been set, but previous indications were that the first film could be out by the end of the year.

"Stargate SG-1" returns to wrap up its television run in March on SciFi Channel.

A new serie is probably in the way to replace SG-1. In the meantime, some actors of SG-1 will appear as guests in SG-Atlantis.

Then, we should expect a few things when the serie will come back, I would say in april but knowing Hasbro, it could be anytime.

JediTricks
01-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Welcome aboard Ashley! :)

I started collecting the Galoob Diecast models a long time ago. All my models were taken out of the boxed, but it was carefully done with a knife and I still have the boxes. My question is, do you think that in the far distant future the Galoob models will be worth more to collectors than the Hasbro Titaniumís even though most of the models have been re-issued. I have some rare Galoob models such as the Death Star and Tie Bomber.Unless the Titanium in question has a significantly different paintjob, I highly doubt the Galoob version would be worth more to collectors than the Titanium version. If they were in sealed packaging, there might be some fringe interest from loyalists, but most of them already own this stuff too. Then again, there are some Galoob Die Casts that Hasbro has yet to reproduce at all.

I am a big BSG fan and I just want to say that if anyone from Hasbro reads this, Please please, please make more! I really want a Titanium Cylon Basestar.I'm not a huge fan, I enjoy the show though, and I'd like to see them do a Basestar - both modern and classic! The modern especially better be 100% metal though, none of this 35% metal 65% plastic stuff for a vehicle like that.

Think they'll ever do a Galactica 1980 motorcycle in the Titanium line? :D

I also like Stargate, so since Hasbro cancelled the Ultra and Figures lines, maybe they can compensate by giving us a 3Ē Titanium Stargate line. I heard rumours a while back of Stargate Titaniumís and Hasbro has the licence. A Diecast Stargate with Iris, Atlantis and Daedlus would make my life so much more worth living.Yeah, they announced they had the Stargate license for Titanium Series but nothing ever came of it. I wanted the gate with iris, puddle jumper, death glider, goa'uld mothership, and so on. I suspect what happened is that when hasbro bought Kenner they thought the rights to all future Stargate franchise items came with it and then MGM said no for some reason.

Finally, please Hasbro if you read this (unlikley, i know) stop with the constant repaints, Iíve personally never bought a repaint, only because I donít have the room in my student bedroom, but when most of the waves are repaints I find that really annoying.IMO, repaints occasionally can work, but Hasbro is beating us over the head with them and it's making collecting that much more frustrating. We had 3 waves in a row as nothing but repaints, and now '07 wave 3 is 90% repaints.

Sic, I mentioned this in the Stargate thread in the TV forum, but Amanda Tapping will be joining the cast of Atlantis next season for 14 episodes (which is the same number of episodes she was in for season 9 of SG1, and was credited as a full cast member there, so I suspect she's going to be a full cast member on Atlantis). Weir's character is being scaled back to a recurring character rather than a starring one, she'll have less episodes and won't be in the starring cast list at the opening.