PDA

View Full Version : If you thought the Attakus Falcon was nice...

Slicker
01-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Then you'll LOVE this (http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20070126.html). It's Luke's X-Wing in Dagobah swamp and it's utterly amazing.

The detail is mind blowing.

Jargo
01-28-2007, 01:31 PM
beech slappin'ly good. If only i had a grandmother to sell to get this.

JediTricks
01-28-2007, 09:37 PM
I dunno what it is, but this set doesn't get my heart pumping the way the Death Star one did. Maybe it's because Dagobah is based so heavily on the setting having fog and a dark sky and such, or maybe it's just seeing all those vines and trees so close together. I won't deny their sculpting talents are really top-notch here, and maybe I'll be more into it when I see a painted version.

Looks like R2 and Vader are going to be reuses from the previous set, that's the only reason I can imagine why they'd be painted when the rest ain't. Plus, it makes sense, both pieces exist adequately that way.

Jayspawn
01-28-2007, 09:46 PM
That setup is sweet! I'm definatly not collecting it. But it is awesome and any owner would certainly get bragging rights.

DarkArtist
01-30-2007, 02:55 PM
this is such an amazing set. would love to get something like this but I'm sure the price tag is going to be $$$$. I'm thinking however of making a Daogbah diorama myself out of Foamcore and using the Hasbro products to complete the look along with real roots and such. Seeing this set gives me ideas of how I should go about doing this.

dr_evazan22
02-03-2007, 09:17 AM
I don't know why, but pics of new products on SW.com don't show on my computer. Are the pics of a painted set? I've seen a couple pics of the prototypes (all gray). If painted, would someone kindly copy them here?

Were the dimensions given? It looks to be about 2-3' tall.

Slicker
02-03-2007, 12:19 PM
It's just the gray prototype pictures. I don't believe it gave any dimensions though. I'll have to recheck.

Jargo
02-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Reminds me of the set up i had in my garden all those years back. If I remember right I had some old tree roots and some long grass draped over for vines. I made a hut for yoda from air drying clay and I made a swamp using a plastic bowl and some dirt and filled it with water and then added my friends x-wing. he wasn't too pleased that the stickers peeled off.

Now why can't Hasbro do cool stuff like this attakus marvel and sell it in sections with expansion sets? hasbro's playsets are so retarded. Yet they're capable of producing really cool, quite detailed large products. Makes no sense whatsoever. trillions of action figures and no environments for them. And to answer hasbro's claim that playsets just don't sell, that's because yours are ****! Take a look at the work of attakus and sideshow hasbro. that's what we want. not missile firing breakaway chunks of no detail whatsoever. lol