02-04-2002, 12:29 AM
Side front view

GNT
02-04-2002, 12:30 AM
Top side veiw

GNT
02-04-2002, 12:33 AM
Top close view

Just in case pictures are removed from the auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1700123953)

Beast
02-04-2002, 12:34 AM
Cool, these must be the non-electronic role play lightsabers. I read that they were going to be avaliable in 6 different grip styles and 4 different colors. Nice toys, but I'll wait and pick up the more accurate electronic lightsabers. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-04-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Cool, these must be the non-electronic role play lightsabers. I read that they were going to be avaliable in 6 different grip styles and 4 different colors. Nice toys, but I'll wait and pick up the more accurate electronic lightsabers. :)

The electronic ones are coming in the new blue shapped boxes which we've already seen :)

Beast
02-04-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by GNT
The electronic ones are coming in the new blue shapped boxes which we've already seen :)

Yep, I still have the pictures of the box saved on my computer. I hard we are getting four of those. Anakin/Dooku/Obi-Wan/Mace. I might just pick up the Dooku, since I really only collect the figures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
02-04-2002, 12:55 AM
These are the 'sabers in the $6.00-$7.00 range, right?

Hmmmm...I might have to pick on of these up for opening night. :)

Beast
02-04-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous

Hmmm, you have a point. Good idea, Lord Tenebrous. I will pick up one of these for opening night. Since the Electronic one will be harder to carry (sneak) in. This is nice and compact. I'll definatly be getting the Dooku one. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-04-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous

They have no electronics so thats why they are cheaper :)

LTBasker
02-04-2002, 02:24 AM
Hope they improve from the E1 sabers that were released. And they even have a belt clip. :D Not sure if the non-electronic E1 Hasbro ones had a belt clip, never saw them?

Obehave Kenobi
02-04-2002, 03:25 AM
No, the electronic ones don't have clips. I tell you, if there are going to be 24 of those sabers, I'm going to be out some major cash. I'm a Lightsaber junkie.

Beast
02-04-2002, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Obehave Kenobi
No, the electronic ones don't have clips. I tell you, if there are going to be 24 of those sabers, I'm going to be out some major cash. I'm a Lightsaber junkie.

Luckily there will only be six. Four different colors and six different lightsaber hilts. The four I am pretty sure of are Mace/Purple, Obi-Wan/Blue, Anakin/Blue, Dooku/Red and then two other green ones. I'm sure that one will probably be Yoda, and and I'm unsure who the other could belong to.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-04-2002, 03:53 AM
Probably either Shaak-Ti, Kit Fisto or Plo Koon.

Beast
02-04-2002, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Probably Shaak-Ti and Kit Fisto. :p

Shaak-Ti has a blue lightsaber though, but maybe on Kit. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
02-04-2002, 04:18 AM
I think it is pretty neat for a lower tier price. I wonder what the Try Me feature is for? Does it light up?

I believe it will look cooler as just the hilt, without the cheesy extenda-blade. :)

LTBasker
02-04-2002, 05:18 AM
Something that would be really is if it had a removeable blade that could still fold up (it'd just have have some edges on the bottom of the big tube) and be stored in the bottom and just above it could be the battery pack and it's light would still work so it could double as a flash light. Might be smaller than a regular lightsaber toy though, but it'd make a neat child's costume accessory for Halloween.

General Veers
02-04-2002, 07:48 AM
I think that the green lightsaber might possibly be Yoda's. I wonder when we'll see pics of the rest of them.:confused:

JEDIpartner
02-04-2002, 08:29 AM
Chubby little bugger, isn't it?? It seems like they shortened Obi-Wan's lightsaber for this release. Maybe it's Yoda's mini-lightsaber?

JediTricks
02-04-2002, 09:32 AM
Hope they improve from the E1 sabers that were released. And they even have a belt clip. :D Not sure if the non-electronic E1 Hasbro ones had a belt clip, never saw them? The Qui-Gon "basic" saber from Ep 1 had a belt clip similar to the one on this Obi-Wan saber (the QG clip was thicker and lower down the saber), but the Maul "basic" didn't have a clip. I have a feeling that these are left-overs in one way or another from the Ep 1 line, the red stickers on the packaging are almost exactly like those on the Ep 1 "basic" Maul saber.

The "Try Me" feature is simply to allow the blade to be flicked out, these don't light up or anything, they're built with slightly shorter - yet much stronger - blades than their electronic cousins, and unlike the electronic versions, these blades fully retract. My family and I had a TON of fun with several of the Qui-Gon and Maul versions last year at summer BBQs in the park, so I can't wait to get all these.

JetsAndHeels
02-04-2002, 09:49 AM
It looks like these will be fun to take to opening night, like some of you have already mentioned.
Cant wait to have more lightsaber battles with these!!
I will probably get the Mace and the Dooku, since we have never seen those before; definately the Yoda if they do make one.

General Veers
02-04-2002, 11:41 AM
I hope that they make a Yoda, I can't wait for the Count though.:p

darkjedi
02-04-2002, 12:27 PM
THE GREEN LIGHTSABER IS MINE! & its not sold everywhere in Hongkong for $10!(not like what it was reported!)he truth is I dont know how many colors are available.I only got six but I heard rumours theres color for every Jedi & Sithlords!Go figure!& by the way the try me is a button which is for releasing the
saber tubes,so if you were to hang it on your belt,the lock will prevent the green tubes from dropping!Cool!

dexter_finster
02-04-2002, 01:01 PM
hm. that handle *is* the same as Obi-Wan's, is it not? Do we know for certain that there will be different handles for the different colors?

darkjedi
02-04-2002, 01:05 PM
there are 4 types of handles I've seen so far(from the six that I have).2 of them are all black (sith).they are easy to grip & easy to handle even for my 4 year old son!

dexter_finster
02-04-2002, 01:10 PM
do you have the purple one? is the handle just like Mace Windu's?

darkjedi
02-04-2002, 01:37 PM
Yes,I've seen one(its not for sale) but I dont have that for myself.Anyway I hope they will make it for the market.

InsaneJediGirl
02-04-2002, 01:38 PM
Orignally Posted by LTBasker

Someone said in a post the E1 Role-play lightsabers didnt have a clip..They did,or at least my Qui-Gon Jinn one does.:D

dexter_finster
02-04-2002, 01:45 PM
My Qui-Gon one does too, and I believe my Maul one has a clip as well...

Lord Tenebrous
02-04-2002, 01:55 PM
2 of them are all black (sith)

I don't buy that.

The six should be:

1) Anakin (blue)
2) Obi-Wan (blue - Kamino battle)
3) Dooku (red - Geonosis battle)
4) Anakin (green - taken from fallen Jedi in Arena)
5) Obi-Wan (blue - taken from fallen Jedi in Arena)
6) Mace (purple - Arena battle)

4 and 5 are neccessary, because both Anakin and Dooku use multiple sabers at certain points of the duel.

I doubt there will be a Yoda saber, because there is still speculation that the saber he uses to fight Dooku is located within his Gimer stick.

Lord Tenebrous
02-04-2002, 01:59 PM
Just for a reference picture of saber handles...

haggie
02-04-2002, 02:31 PM
Maybe I'm wrong here but my understanding is that these basic lightsabers will only have two different handles. A basic jedi (Obi-Wan) and a basic sith (maybe Darth Vader's?). The colors will be different but the handles will not be based on a lot of different characters.

Does anybody out there know if Rubies is going to produce lightsabers for AOTC? I really liked what they put out for TPM. The had accurate versions of Darth Maul, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gonn's lightsabers that did take a battery so they could light up (but no sounds) and the blade retracted all the way back into the handle which is what I really like. I love the quality of the Hasbro lightsabers but it drives me nuts that the blades don't retract all the way.

derek
02-04-2002, 05:46 PM
i can't understand the excitement for these midget sabers. i'll buy the electronic sabers, but what i'm really excited about is the authentic sabers we're gonna get later this year from a company called www.masterreplicas.com

they are going to pick up where icons left off by making official high quality saber hilts, and they are also supposed to produce a die cast metal hilt with a strong light up blade. this is what i want. they are supposed to reveal their product at the star wars celebration in may. this company was supposidly allowed access to the lucas film prop archive to take measurements to produce a very accurate product.

Jargo
02-04-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Chubby little bugger, isn't it?? It seems like they shortened Obi-Wan's lightsaber for this release. Maybe it's Yoda's mini-lightsaber? Are you psychic? I had the exact same toughts when I opened that first attachment. Short and fat and stubby. Reminds me of.......

Only thing I'll say about these is - why?

darkjedi
02-05-2002, 01:57 AM
I think the way its made,the size & the weight is intended for easy handling for kids as young as 4 upwards (my 4 year old son had tested it!& likes 'em very much compared to the electronic ones!just for the info,guest his name?its Luke Sulaiman!& his got a twin sister!).As for authencity,the electronic ones are more Collector oriented.

GNT
02-05-2002, 02:14 AM
Ah so cute :) So do you have any other images? of the other sabers or Action figures we havent seen?You seem to have a feww things :)

darkjedi
02-05-2002, 02:16 AM
Soon,I think you've seen the Playskool adventure lines,I'll see whats coming next,stay tuned.

GNT
02-05-2002, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by darkjedi
stay tuned.

Dont worry we all will :) Keep those pictures coming!

derek
02-05-2002, 08:31 AM
the handles on the electronic saber are too wide. these appear even wider so they can fit a fully retracted blade into the hilt.

but when i see darkjedi's son, it reminds me who these toys are intended for.

darkjedi
02-05-2002, 09:40 AM
:D :evil: :evil:

darkjedi
02-05-2002, 12:47 PM
Checkout all the colors of the lightsabers
in ebay by one of my good neighborhood toystores!:rolleyes:

dexter_finster
02-05-2002, 02:00 PM
thanks for the pic, darkjedi!

Looks as though they are using just 2 types of handles...the other looks like Qui Gons... :/

//was hoping for individual handles of Anakin, Mace, Dooku... :(

darkjedi
02-05-2002, 02:17 PM
Yeah you're right!I heard rumours the different handles will be for the electronic ones.

dexter_finster
02-05-2002, 02:25 PM
well there've been pics of the electronic versions of Anakin and Dooku's sabers. There is a hard-to-find version of Obi-Wan's from the TPM collection. What I don't know or remember is if there was to be a third electronic saber in the AotC collection, and if so, whose it would it be (Mace?)

again, thanks for the pics! :)

darkjedi
02-05-2002, 02:29 PM
You're welcome!:)
----------------------

I will try to add more info & pictures once any news comes up!(ssshh,from the backdoors of hasbro's china factory!ha!:D

Sebulba524
02-05-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by haggie
Does anybody out there know if Rubies is going to produce lightsabers for AOTC? I really liked what they put out for TPM. The had accurate versions of Darth Maul, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gonn's lightsabers that did take a battery so they could light up (but no sounds) and the blade retracted all the way back into the handle which is what I really like. I love the quality of the Hasbro lightsabers but it drives me nuts that the blades don't retract all the way.

Those Rubies sabers were cheap. The blade wasn't as long as the Hasbro one, and it was considerably weaker. Supposedly, the Hasbro Obi-Wan(Very rare indeed) could retract into it's handle.

derek
02-05-2002, 04:42 PM
the electronic hasbro obi-wan episode 1 saber can't fully retract the blade. it's just like the other electronic sabers.

Beast
02-05-2002, 04:51 PM
Well, after seeing the line I'm disapointed. Here I had read time and again that the hilts on the Sith version was going to be sculpted like Dooku's, and they end up just using a regular jedi saber hilt with a red blade. I guess I won't be buying one for premiere night after all, oh well...now I can afford the insanely priced movie theater popcorn. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
02-05-2002, 05:10 PM
jar jar,

these are just left over episode 1 qui-gon and the probably un-released obi-wan sabers with different colored blades. anything to save hasbro a buck.:D

Sebulba524
02-05-2002, 05:13 PM
I was gonna bring my Qui-Gon Rubies(it's only good quality) or my Vader from Hasbro to opening night, if I went. For dueling, I'd stay with the electronics. It's more fun with the sounds. And the dueling sabers are already out in Ep. 1 form. They had a Qui-Gon one for a while, but I didn't see it last time I was at TRU.

Jargo
02-05-2002, 07:35 PM
Not being a saber fan but having aquired two from my elder brother when he moved house, I have to say that i have an Obi-Wan saber that fully retracts and is electronic and has that little clippy thing that swings across to hold the blade pieces inside. Is this rare? I got the maul electronic one too with the swing across clippy things and wotnot. Be nice if I got something cool from my brothers garage dumpster. :happy: But having just re-read the above posts I could just have one of the rubies ones. But i don't recall those being on sale here in the UK. Now I'm confused :confused:

These new sabers seem kinda silly to me but then I'm neither a Jedi nut or a saber nut. I just use mine as a nightlight, the big maul double saber one. Works a treat! They could have been a bit more adventurous if these are role play sabers. What does it matter to kids if the colors don't appear in the movie. A bigger range of colors would mean more inventiveness and more play opportunities. Unless Hasbro are banking on the adults to buy these things and not the kids........

derek
02-05-2002, 07:38 PM
jargo,

if your obi wan saber lights up, but has no movie sounds, it is made by the costume company "rubies". the hasbro electronic obi-wan saber dosen't fully compact into the hilt.

Jargo
02-05-2002, 07:40 PM
Ah, our posts crossed as I edited derek, see above, first paragraph, end of.... :)

D_TiCian
02-05-2002, 09:13 PM
And lookie what darkjedi has in the background......

I know where you bought them....;)

darkjedi, btw I think my GF knows who you are. You know Maya's BF right?

GNT
02-06-2002, 02:48 AM
Wow!This shall be interesting when these are released in april :)

JetsAndHeels
02-06-2002, 09:05 AM
Thanks for all the great pics, Darkjedi.
You have become a very valuable resource for us all here.
Keep up the good work!!

darkjedi
02-06-2002, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the kind words jangofett96,I will try to get more news & updates if anything comes up!Cheers!:D

Paul-Kenobi
02-06-2002, 10:20 PM
I havent seen the boxed pictures yet :cry: can you please post them for me to see please :cry:

dexter_finster
02-06-2002, 11:30 PM
is this what you're asking for?

Paul-Kenobi
02-07-2002, 12:02 AM
YES! :d thank you

is there more if so please post more

i must see more. If there are any

GNT
02-07-2002, 12:06 AM
Remember the picture dexter_finster posted was for the Electronic one :)

Beast
02-07-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
YES! :d thank you
is there more if so please post more
i must see more. If there are any

Ask and you shall recieve, here are some other sides of the packaging for the Anakin Electronic LightSaber. These are not the role-play saber's, incase your confused. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Electronic Saber Package-Front:

Beast
02-07-2002, 12:07 AM
Electronic Saber Package-End:

Sebulba524
02-07-2002, 07:15 AM
Electronic sabers are the best role play sabers. If I was a Jedi, I'd have a hum coming from my saber. Fighting with them is great because of the battle crashes. And the lighting is better than roleplay.

haggie
02-07-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by derek
Those Rubies sabers were cheap. The blade wasn't as long as the Hasbro one, and it was considerably weaker. Supposedly, the Hasbro Obi-Wan(Very rare indeed) could retract into it's handle.

The Rubies sabers only cost $6 and they were more than worth the money. I'm a 26 year old Star Wars geek so my SW stuff is for display, not play. The Rubies sabers wouldn't hold up if they were whacked into things (including other sabers) but I don't duel with them. I love the quality of the Hasbro sabers but they just look stupid when the blade is "retracted" since it doesn't go back into the handle. Does anybody know if Rubies is making AOTC sabers?

Paul-Kenobi
02-07-2002, 09:59 PM
Cool :D are there any of of Dookus saber ?

PS is it just me or do the Blades on the Non Blash and Crashing sound Lightsabers look longer ?

PPS when do you think we will see the other colors on the Real Bash and Crahing sound Lightsabers ?

dexter_finster
02-07-2002, 11:13 PM
I haven't seen any pics of the Dooku saber box. I've seen pics of the toy itself though...

the blades on the electronic sabers *are* considerably longer than those of the basic sabers. For basic sabers, we've seen all the available colors in the pics posted in this thread. For electronic sabers, the only ones I think we know about for sure are Anakin and Dooku's... (although I personally am hoping for a Mace one at some point...)

LTBasker
02-08-2002, 12:43 AM
So could anyone post a list of all lightsabers that will be released for E2?

Beast
02-08-2002, 12:52 AM
So could anyone post a list of all lightsabers that will be released for E2?

If you mean of the electronic ones, I had heard that there was going to be four versions released total. I know for sure of Dooku's, Anakin's, and Mace's, and a 4th one, Green so I assume Yoda's. Though knowing Hasbro they will just make it Obi-Wan's, and not release a green one at all in the line. :(

Dooku's and Anakin's will be avaliable April 23rd with the big midnite madness sale. I believe that the Mace and whatever the 4th one turns out being will follow later on.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-08-2002, 12:59 AM
Ya know if they did make Yoda's saber... well if they did it correctly it'd be the perfect lightsaber for kids since it wouldn't have that huge handle. :D

Actually I meant all the E2 sabers as in non-electronic and electronic, since stuff released most likely ins't gonna match E1's amount, I'm gonna try and get some of the lightsabers this time around. I just hope they don't overprice'em.

Oh yeah (I haven't felt like reading all the pages of this thread so I'm not sure) are there any plans for Rubies to release lightsabers? Theirs weren't too bad, a little bulky but I liked the Darth Maul one.

GNT
02-08-2002, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by dexter_finster
I haven't seen any pics of the Dooku saber box.

Thats cause none have leaked out yet of his lightsaber.Hey LTBasker you'll have to read the thread to find out ;)

dexter_finster
02-08-2002, 08:49 AM
Though knowing Hasbro they will just make it Obi-Wan's, and not release a green one at all in the line.

or worse, knowing Hasbro, they'll make a green one but it'll just be a re-release of the QGJ one like they're doing for the basic series :p

dexter_finster
02-09-2002, 09:54 PM
looks like you were right, JarJarBinks...

from the Toy Fair Press release:

BASIC LIGHTSABERS Kids can really get into the Star Wars action with the BASIC LIGHTSABER, which is designed for endless hours of battle contact play. Press the BASIC LIGHTSABER's side button to release the extendable blade. Then let the battle begin! The BASIC LIGHTSABER comes in six different versions, featuring one of four blade colors (green, blue, red, or purple) and one of two handle designs.
(Approximate Retail Price: $7.99; Recommended Age: 4 & up)

ELECTRONIC LIGHTSABERS
Just like the movie! The ELECTRONIC LIGHTSABERS feature ANAKIN SKYWALKER, COUNT DOOKU, or OBI-WAN KENOBI signature handles! These ELECTRONIC LIGHTSABERS extend over three feet in length and feature lights, "humming" sounds, and battle-clash sound effects that are activated on contact.
(Approximate Retail Price: $19.99; Recommended Age: 4 & up)