PDA

View Full Version : Ther Talisman is coming

Kidhuman
01-27-2007, 11:33 PM
I read about this in a magazine at work today. It will be a mini-series on TNT in the summer of 2008. Speilberg is slated as the executive producer of it.

I hope they dont destroy the book. I loved it and am looking forward to this. I have waited a long time for this to be a movie.

JimJamBonds
01-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Never heard of it what is it about???

Kidhuman
01-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Its a book by Stephen King and Peter Straub about a boy who has ot walk across country in order to save his mom. He goes in and out of alternate universes in which everything coincides with the real world.

The book was awesome. You should check it out.

Ji'dai
01-30-2007, 11:57 AM
The Talisman was pretty good, though I wasn't too crazy about the sequel, Black House. Part of it was the narrative being told in the third person plural, which took some time to adjust to. Both books tie into the Dark Tower series, which I would love to see produced as a long, drawn-out TV mini-series.

I think TNT also produced the mini-series adaptation of 'Salem's Lot, one of my favorite King books. Though not spectacular, it was watchable.

Kidhuman
01-30-2007, 04:13 PM
I tried to read Black House and I stopped after 2 chapters. I couldnt get into it.

El Chuxter
01-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Has Bubo been informed?