PDA

View Full Version : Death Star / Vader picture from UK Toy Fair

JediTricks
01-28-2007, 05:11 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v42/MightyMegs/tf7_h_1_big.jpg

Kinda reminds me of the Beast Wars Neo prototype for Unicron, what with the kibble backpack. Only more kibble as shell pieces here. But his cape seems to be cloth and comes out of the kibble shell parts, that's wild!

The stormtrooper driving the right shoulder is kinda funny, and gives a sense of scale, won't be quite as big as Armada Unicron. Looks like he has drivers in his left shoulder and shins as well.

I honestly don't know what to say about this one, it's very unusual and I didn't expect it to happen.

DarkArtist
01-28-2007, 10:56 AM
it's different I'll say that. what's with the gun though ? I only have the Anakin Starfighter Transformer as this line really didn't do it for me so It's a wait and see as to haw big this thing is before I decide.

Jangu Fett
01-28-2007, 11:11 AM
It looks like there are at least 3 figures with this set. Vader and 2 stormtroopers, one in the shoulder and in the right leg. Not bad looking, IMO. To bad there are not any other pics.

TheDarthVader
01-28-2007, 01:14 PM
That is an odd looking SW TF. I will be buying it though. I collect most anything that has to do with the Death Star.

BountyHunterScum
01-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Thank you Jeditricks!!!!!! I'm into Vader and such so I'll probably end up buying it. God I hope it's not really seventy bucks.

JediTricks
01-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Yeah, I hope it's not $70 as well. Primus and Unicron were $50 and both struggled at that pricepoint, I think Hasbro would be unwise to try something even bigger.

Warstar
02-12-2007, 08:06 PM
All over it!

The only TF's I've bought in recent times include both Unicrons and Primus- I gotta' weakness for planet-robots, and a Death Star one? OH YEAH!

...didn't we suggest this a long time ago in another thread?

I swear Hasbro's reading our forum and making whatever we say...YES! :love:

Slicker
02-12-2007, 08:16 PM
I remembered seeing this picture (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=20497&cat=5269) in the coverage of Toy Fair and had initially thought that it was the OLD Galoob transforming double takes DS. I thought it weird that they'd have a 10 year old toy there but is it possible it's this Vader? I have yet to see any other pictures of the Transformer itself aside from JT's one.

JediTricks
02-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Yeah, that's Vader. They didn't put it with the regular SWTFs so I think Steve missed it. I've seen other sites who took pics of it at Toy Fair. It has 3 Stormtroopers, Vader minifgs, a missile, a gun with a different missile, and 3 teeny TIE Fighters that seem to have pop-up heads.

JediTricks
02-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Steve didn't miss it, it just didn't get uploaded in all the Toy Fair commotion, I mentioned it and he uploaded them last night: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=5271&page=2

Vader's chest has LEDs in the dish part, the LEDs will also show in alt mode through the outer dish covering it.

BountyHunterScum
02-15-2007, 10:04 PM
From the looks if it this toy isn't huge or anything so $70-80 would be obscene.