PDA

View Full Version : Just Found: Actual Good Customer Service at Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, and Target!

Tycho
01-29-2007, 11:16 AM
I was walking OUT of the toy section at Target this morning along with 3 of the HotWheels regulars that I've spoken with for years (in the mornings) when a Target employee girl politely asked us: "Is there anything I can help you find?"

"Hot Wheels!"

"Star Wars!"

"No: Hot Wheels!"

"No! Star Wars!" came our group's reply.

Normally we don't expect much from employees other than they are following their training to ask "Can I help you?" But then don't really care if they can or do after that.

However, this girl was just arriving to work in the toy department, and she asked us to come back while she went and got her inventory scanner and logged in. Of course they had nothing in stock even in the back, but she phoned in for an on-site backroom stock check too. Needless to say, the small group I was in was impressed. We were about to pose for group photos with the girl for proof this morning had ever happened!

But I don't know if it's the new year or what?

At Wal-Mart, a new contact I've made will actually phone me if they get the stuff I'm looking for in stock. (So far it's been the Wally Exclusive Wave and not No. 9 which I so covet). But he also checks for the Transformers Alternators I want whenever they show up.

At Toys R Us, the same thing goes, only my friend there I've known for probably close to 10 years. He's awesome at how he hooks his regular customers up!

But while I haven't gotten much new stuff this year, I've been very pleased with how I've been treated in my stores and the level of customer service they are exhibiting.

BlueSnags
01-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Was she hot?

El Chuxter
01-29-2007, 11:56 AM
I don't believe it.

Please provide a scan of a cash register receipt showing the good customer service, or I will be forced to assume this message is a fraud.

:)

Tycho
01-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Was she hot?

She was pleasant looking, but not really my type. Shorter, blonde, kind of stocky, but not really. She might have been in her mid-20's or a younger person that looked older, or an older person that looked younger.

It's hard to tell. But I typically like the barely legal type of debutante in a girl.

I don't believe it.

Please provide a scan of a cash register receipt showing the good customer service, or I will be forced to assume this message is a fraud.

Well, I guess they GIVE good customer service away, as they didn't charge for it and they also didn't have any product, and thus I didn't buy anything, so I don't have a receipt. The next time I'm there, tomorrow morning most likely, I'll try to see if they'll sell me nothing.

That'll be a real test of customer service! If the woman at the register will give me a receipt for nothing and charge me $0.00 for it. Just to entertain myself, I think I'll ask. She can type in "Good Customer Service" on the receipt however (I think). Then it will show something on the receipt. Ha! I bet that would give them something to talk about all day:

"This crazy guy came in the store and wanted me to sell him nothing. He paid for it, too." :crazed:

figrin bran
01-29-2007, 09:34 PM
they're all a bunch of meteor freaks!!! :p

bobafrett
01-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Good thing you weren't in my store. I walk the other side of the isle to avoid contact with the customer, and if they do approach me, I bite there head off like Ozzy to the bat. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .....

JetsAndHeels
01-29-2007, 11:07 PM
She was pleasant looking, but not really my type.

So what you are saying is she had some sanity.

Rocketboy
01-29-2007, 11:08 PM

:)And she was real.

JetsAndHeels
01-29-2007, 11:12 PM
And she was real.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSmack!!

Kidhuman
01-29-2007, 11:17 PM

And she was real.

BURN

they got you good

Tycho
01-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Har-Har-Har:tired:

figrin bran
01-30-2007, 01:30 AM
wait a minute, this isn't another "Tycho dreams about" thread, is it?

Tycho
01-30-2007, 02:04 AM
wait a minute, this isn't another "Tycho dreams about" thread, is it?

No, this was my real experience yesterday morning at Target. If I was dreaming, I actually would have found some action figures...