PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons

Pages : [1] 2

jonthejedi
01-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Did anyone else catch the end of last night's episode...Dedicated to all the guys that died in Star Wars movies. Priceless!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Did anyone else catch the end of last night's episode...Dedicated to all the guys that died in Star Wars movies. Priceless!

My God that was GREAT! Stormtrooper #5 and the random ones were awesome. They even included Dak. Great ending! :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
01-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Did anyone else catch the end of last night's episode...Dedicated to all the guys that died in Star Wars movies. Priceless!Dang, I was gonna say that they forgot Stormtrooper #16, but J_M_G kinda beat me to it. No Ewok deaths honored, though?

BTW, there's gotta be a Simpsons thread to merge with this one...

JimJamBonds
01-29-2007, 11:42 PM
I thought about watching it last night but I didn't.... man now I wish I did.

jonthejedi
01-30-2007, 03:47 AM
They hadn't done a SW reference in awhile...so it was nice!

El Chuxter
02-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Are they even trying anymore?

According to tonight's episode (what I bothered to watch), Homer is the same age as Chief Wiggum.

Has Wiggum ever been the same age twice?

This show used to be my favorite, but it's downright wretched now. I don't even know if I want to bother with the film.

Kidhuman
02-19-2007, 06:07 AM
Yeah, I caught all the age things. Homer, MArge, Barney, Moe, Lenny, Carl and Frink and the Cat Lady are all the same age. I thought the Cat Lady was at least 60.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I caught all the age things. Homer, MArge, Barney, Moe, Lenny, Carl and Frink and the Cat Lady are all the same age. I thought the Cat Lady was at least 60.Vader: "Your powers are weak, old man... who's only 10-some years older than I am... and I'm only 39 or so."
Ben: "Well, now I know that the machine you're more human than is not a calculator..."

Luke: "Wow, what were the odds that I would meet someone who is exactly 900 years old... so, if the last mov-, er, "adventure," was a year old, then you were 899."
Yoda: "Listen... dying here, I am, windbag..."

Maybe this will be a homage to SW age inconguity, to go along with The Simpsons' geographical inconguity." :pleased:

Kidhuman
02-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Maybe this will be a homage to SW age inconguity, to go along with The Simpsons' geographical inconguity." :pleased:

Like the movie preview with bordering 4 states?

Bel-Cam Jos
02-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Like the movie preview with bordering 4 states?Or the Springfield Badlands (or was it West Springfield?) being twice as big as Texas?

El Chuxter
03-05-2007, 12:59 AM
El Chuxter actually thought tonight's was one of the better episodes of the past several years. At least, that's what I surmised from the laughter emanating from the basement as I drank all his soda. It definitely sounded like "Better than any episode in years, which is an improvement, but not a classic by any means" type laughter.

I had to bang on the door and get him to shut up, as my gang and I were watching America's Funniest Home Videos. Bob Saget is hysterical, but that guy they got to replace him is even funnier! If he were purple, he would be my lieutenant.

THIS I COMMAND!!

JediTricks
03-05-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure which is more tired, The Simpsons or Chux's current schtick. :p

Anyway, I found last night's episode mainly insufferable, and lightly lifting from Sound of Music worked so badly it was shameful... well, it would be if the current producers of the show had any shame left in them at all. And all those cameos that fell flat, the only one that even halfway worked was Andy Dick and his blue-collar dad owning a shovel. Even the gags that should have worked ended up getting milked too far. And that ending with the Honeymooners, where did that stinker come from?

JimJamBonds
03-05-2007, 11:18 PM
I was home and watching tv at 7 so I made a point of watching The Simpsons.... I last until there was that song about Lisa.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-11-2007, 10:31 PM
This week had...

a possible Bridge to Terabithia reference, or LOTR, or TPM.
a Flintsones sound effect.
quite possibly the most annoying scene (the lemon candy chewing).
the true difference between Patty and Selma (a hair pin?).

Overall, not a bad episode.

General_Grievous
03-12-2007, 12:13 AM
I cringed at the Lord of the Rings reference at the end. It's like they're ripping off Family Guy now, with the random UPS guys riding on dragons.

El Chuxter
03-12-2007, 12:49 AM
They've been ripping off Family Guy for about five years now. They bash the show, saying it's borderline plaigiarism of The Simpsons (though the only similarity is that they're both animated shows about families with a fat guy). But they turn around and do gags that would work perfectly well on FG (or, at worst, be forgotten in a long string of rapid-fire slapstick), but are totally in opposition to the type of humor from Simpsons history.

Look at old shows like "Bart's War." They work not because they're old, but they're a cohesive narrative. Even when there's a setup that has nothing to do with the major plot, everything flows together.

If you took an old episode threw in almost any of the gags (or, better, attempts at gags) from the last couple of years of Simpsons, they'd stand out like sore thumbs.

The writers of The Simpsons need to look back at what made the show great, not at the show that comes on half an hour later and that they're jealous of.

lee gray
03-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Love the simpsons

dont know whether I would enjoy it as much on the big screen and having to pay to see it but none the less this the new halloween and transformers are top of my agenda

JediTricks
03-12-2007, 09:51 PM
a possible Bridge to Terabithia reference, or LOTR, or TPM.LOTR, specifically The Two Towers.

a Flintsones sound effect.Not the first time though.

the true difference between Patty and Selma (a hair pin?).It's actually the earrings and hair shape.

I cringed at the Lord of the Rings reference at the end. It's like they're ripping off Family Guy now, with the random UPS guys riding on dragons.

They've been ripping off Family Guy for about five years now. They bash the show, saying it's borderline plaigiarism of The Simpsons (though the only similarity is that they're both animated shows about families with a fat guy). But they turn around and do gags that would work perfectly well on FG (or, at worst, be forgotten in a long string of rapid-fire slapstick), but are totally in opposition to the type of humor from Simpsons history.I totally agree, that dragon was so out of place here even for a late-season Simpsons episode, but totally something that would have been on Family Guy. I posted somewhere around here recently that I felt that was one of The Simpsons' failings lately how the writers are trying to go a more Family Guy route no matter how bad the fit. And they're indeed a VERY bad fit.

The writers of The Simpsons need to look back at what made the show great, not at the show that comes on half an hour later and that they're jealous of.And here I thought those writers should just be fired altogether. :p

Anyway, last night's ep wasn't the worst in recent memory, it was sloppy and stupid and another crappy ridiculous plot and remarkably sentimental in an unpleasant way, but I chuckled at a few little heres and theres.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-25-2007, 07:04 PM
I gotta say that tonights intro at the beginning of the show was one of the coolest introductions ever: the Evolution of Homer. GREAT stuff. :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
03-26-2007, 11:25 AM
I gotta say that tonights intro at the beginning of the show was one of the coolest introductions ever: the Evolution of Homer. GREAT stuff. :thumbsup:I concur. The episode itself wasn't too bad either. Somewhat new, pretty current topic.

JediTricks
03-27-2007, 06:25 PM
That couch gag took nearly 2 minutes, at first it was cute but I actually got bored with it. The episode itself was forgettable to the point where I had to look it up just to remember what happened. Plot was hollow and random, jokes were thin and Family Guy-styled, just all around "meh".

DarkArtist
03-30-2007, 04:01 PM
I think the Simpsons are going to be history once the movie is out. the jokes just aren't there and the stories are okay at best. I love the fact that Fox 5 is airing some of the older Simpsons at night.

I give the Simpsons one maybe two more seasons at best before they pull the plug.

Ji'dai
05-22-2007, 02:45 PM
I liked the 400th ep ("You Kent Always Say What You Want") and the spoof of 24 ("24 Minutes"), even though I've never watched that show. Good thing though, I don't think I could handle an hour of all that split-screen spy vs. spy crapola. Still, it made me laugh and I'm looking forward to the movie rather than dreading it.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-22-2007, 06:52 PM
I also liked the fact that there wasn't really much made of it being the 400th in the story itself. I thought it was to be a full hour, not two separate halfs (yeah, I know it should be "halves," but I want to make it "half" and "half," ergo "halfs." The Toronto hockey fans will understand :grammer: ).

El Chuxter
05-22-2007, 06:57 PM
I hate to admit it, but nowadays I normally tune in for King of the Hill, then leave the room until Family Guy comes on.

Qui-Long Gone
05-22-2007, 07:02 PM
The Simpsons is getting close to SNL syndrom....where funny comes to its necessary close but is denied about 10 years too late....

JediTricks
05-24-2007, 01:23 AM
This was just 2 new episodes back to back, seems like a bunch of shows did that for the season finales - King of the Hill, Scrubs, George Lopez, and Veronica Mars (on the last 2, surprise, it's your SERIES finale!).

I thought both episodes of The Simpsons were really tepid, the Kent one was such a non-event and then they tried to get preachy political for a second, too little too late. The 24 one felt like they went for the 24 homage rather than a biting parody, and the jokes were mainly watered down for it.

El Chuxter
05-24-2007, 09:56 AM
I don't watch George Lopez. That show perpetuates the stereotype that George Lopez is funny.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-08-2007, 10:23 PM
This isn't really about The Simpsons as a TV show, but I heard on a TV news report that the Back to the Future ride at Universal Studios closed after today, and that plans are underway to replace it with... a Simpsons ride?!? Whhhaaaaaaaaaaahhhh?!? Sounds interesting.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-29-2008, 03:51 PM
New episode this past Sunday, I believe (at least I hadn't seen it before). Tried the Infinities or What If? type revisionist story telling. I liked the "mom, why did you stop talking for 2 1/2 minutes?" line, but aside from the '90s details and Weird Al showing up again, overall it was just okay.

El Chuxter
01-29-2008, 04:02 PM
"Weird Al" was on it? Dang. I skipped it because the synopsis on my channel guide sounded dumb. It's one thing to retcon the ages of the characters to place them in the 90s. But what's dumb is there's no point where Marge would've been old enough to go to college, and not either knocked-up or married.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-29-2008, 04:28 PM
"Weird Al" was on it? Dang.He was on while Homer was watching TV, doing a parody of a Nirvana song, I think. Can't recall.

JediTricks
01-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Homer had invented grunge music and then went into deeper depression all because Marge was in love with her professor. The height of Homer's fame came when Weird Al made a parody song & video of one of Homer's grunge songs.

I thought it was a really weak episode, nothing was funny and it smacked of "we're going to refer to this from now on as canon history in a ha-ha way".

Rocketboy
01-29-2008, 09:33 PM
But what's dumb is there's no point where Marge would've been old enough to go to college, and not either knocked-up or married.Bart and Lisa actually did the math and realized Marge didn't get knocked up right after high school. Since Marge is around 40, that left a 10-12 year gap between high school and Bart's birth.

All things considered, I thought it was a fairly decent episode for The Simpsons. Nothing to write home about though.

Kidhuman
01-29-2008, 10:05 PM
It was OK, kind of blew the whole Simpson time line they established

Lord Malakite
01-30-2008, 02:39 AM
I got a good chuckle out of the mentally retarded professor/dean. "Duh I'll give you your PhD...Pound Head Down!" Other than that it was of a so-so episode. If there is anything worth praising in the long run about this episode it would probably have to be Marge's new design/look for the college flashbacks. In my opinion out of all the previous looks Marge has undergone over the years (green dress, business suit, cop, high school, prom, child, brunette child at camp, etc.) her college look has probably been the most attractive out of the whole bunch.

El Chuxter
01-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Did they also retcon Dr Hibbert's awesome afro?

Not that it matters. Try to use several episodes to figure out Wiggum's age, and it all goes straight to hell.

Rocketboy
01-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Try and figure anyone's real age and your brain will melt.

El Chuxter
01-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Yeah, but he's a major extreme. In one episode, he's about 15-20 years older than Homer as a kid. In another, they're the same age.

Flanders is kinda the same; though they now consistently treat him like he's a really well-preserved old guy, some earlier episodes implied he was about Homer's age.

Bosskman
01-30-2008, 03:39 PM
It was a watchable episode I guess, but does nothing to change my opinion that this show should have ended a few years ago.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-23-2008, 09:00 AM
There've been new episodes lately and no one's talked about them? :(

On a related note, the Simpsons ride 9replacing the Back to the Future one) at Universal Studios (here in CA, don't know if it's in FL too) opens May 24th. Woo hoo!

Bel-Cam Jos
03-24-2008, 01:34 PM
I felt like I'd seen last night's before, or at least certian parts of it. Will Ralph win? Pick a Winner.

El Chuxter
03-24-2008, 01:59 PM
That was a bad episode. Really bad.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Radio commerical heard yesterday listed the opening day of the Universal Studios Simpsons ride now as May 17. Update your Blackberry or Aztec stone calendar.

El Chuxter
04-27-2008, 10:09 PM
I just saw the episode where Marge founds Shapes, the Android's Dungeon goes out of business, and three great indie comics creators guest star. Aside from the ending, which doesn't fix things back to normal when you know they're all going to be back to the old status quo next episode, this was great. Even that was only a minor flaw.

When I saw it advertised the first time it aired, with Homer crying out of his nipples, it looked beyond stupid.

This is easily the funniest episode of this show in at least a decade. Bar none, end of story. Alan Moore poking fun at himself was classic in and of itself, but "Maus is in the house!" took the mammajammin' cake.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-27-2008, 10:31 PM
I just saw the episode where Marge founds Shapes, the Android's Dungeon goes out of business, and three great indie comics creators guest star. Aside from the ending, which doesn't fix things back to normal when you know they're all going to be back to the old status quo next episode, this was great. Even that was only a minor flaw.

When I saw it advertised the first time it aired, with Homer crying out of his nipples, it looked beyond stupid.

This is easily the funniest episode of this show in at least a decade. Bar none, end of story. Alan Moore poking fun at himself was classic in and of itself, but "Maus is in the house!" took the mammajammin' cake.

I loved that episode. I had just finished reading "Maus" the semester beforehand and when I saw that, I flipped out. Plus, Milhouse and his "WATCHMEN IN 'V FOR VACATION'" had me laughing hysterically. I have a screencap of that and an avatar I still use. Great episode. :thumbsup:

tonights episode was pretty mediocre though.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-28-2008, 09:02 PM
tonights episode was pretty mediocre though.I feel bad to admit it, but I never even thought of the last line Bart said, as obvious as it should've been. I thought it was a decent episode; I smiled a few times but did not LOL.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Was yesterday's a new one? I hadn't seen it before, but these days, it's tough to tell when an episode's recently run or first-time shown. There was a Scrubs throw-away line in it that made me think this was a first-timer.

UKWildcat
05-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Yes, it was new. I didn't watch the episode but my brother made me watch the beginning, the evolution of homer, and I thought that was pretty cool. :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
05-12-2008, 12:56 PM
The local Fox affiliate has been off the air for several weeks so the Mother's Day ep was the first I've seen in awhile. I was wondering if someone else did Mona's voice but I guess it was Glenn Close. She just sounded different than last time.

The evolution couch gag has aired before but it's so nicely done I don't mind seeing it again.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-12-2008, 06:56 PM
The local Fox affiliate has been off the air for several weeks so the Mother's Day ep was the first I've seen in awhile. I was wondering if someone else did Mona's voice but I guess it was Glenn Close. She just sounded different than last time.

The evolution couch gag has aired before but it's so nicely done I don't mind seeing it again.Yeah, I've seen the Evol Intro, too. I always like the long ones (part of universe on Homer's head, variety show).

I also thought it wasn't Ms. Close (although I blanked out and thought the voice was Meryl Streep) doing her voice at first listen. So, is she "really" killed off now?

Ji'dai
05-14-2008, 08:36 AM
Yep, I think she's officially dead. Add Mona Simpson to the hallowed register of dead Springfieldians:

Maude Flanders - voice actress left the show
Bleeding Gums Murphy - Lisa's mentor and possible half brother of Dr. Hibbert
Frank "Grimey" Grimes - Homer's nemesis
Dr. Marvin Monroe - Harry Shearer had problems doing his voice
Beatrice - wealthy elderly friend of Grandpa

Like Maude Flanders, Mona could return in a Treehouse of Horror episode as they tend to ignore continuity.

Lord Malakite
05-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Yep, I think she's officially dead. Add Mona Simpson to the hallowed register of dead Springfieldians:

Maude Flanders - voice actress left the show
Bleeding Gums Murphy - Lisa's mentor and possible half brother of Dr. Hibbert
Frank "Grimey" Grimes - Homer's nemesis
Dr. Marvin Monroe - Harry Shearer had problems doing his voice
Beatrice - wealthy elderly friend of Grandpa

Don't forget Great Aunt Gladis, Snowball I, Snowball II (the original, not Snowball II (aka Snowball V)), Snowball III, and Coltrain (aka Snowball IV). :D

Can we officially rule Dr. Marvin Monroe as being dead though? Mona Simpson was also thought to have been dead in both her previous appearances too until her death was shown to have been faked in both episodes.

The only possible references to Marvin Monroe's so called "death" was marked by the appearance of the Marvin Monroe Memorial Hospital in the "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" episodes and a tombstone in the episode "Alone Again, Natura-Diddily."

However in a later 2004 episode, "Diatribe of a Mad Housewife," Dr. Marvin Monroe appears briefly, saying he's been sick when Marge asks where he's been. It was probably just thrown in there for gag purposes alone, but seeing as it wasn't one of those non-canon mini story episodes (like the Treehouse of Horror episodes) and it wasn't some shot from the after-life scenario (like they did with Maude Flanders at least once since her death) it leaves the possibility that he is alive.

Ji'dai
05-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Oh yeah, Great Aunt Gladys and her potato chip collection. But we only see her posthumously. The others were established characters, except for Grimey. I can't keep track of all the dead pet cats.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Wasn't Gil shot? That might make it hard for him to live, I'd think. While Troy McClure isn't officially dead, I might remember him from such sections of the newspaper as Obituaries, Lost and Found, and Noted Character Actor Tragically Killed. :cry:

Lord Malakite
05-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Wasn't Gil shot? That might make it hard for him to live, I'd think. While Troy McClure isn't officially dead, I might remember him from such sections of the newspaper as Obituaries, Lost and Found, and Noted Character Actor Tragically Killed. :cry:
Gil survived the gun shots. He appeared in a Sideshow Bob episode that aired later from the gun incident. If you mention Troy McClure in the technically dead, but not officially announced dead category you pretty much have to include Lyonel Huts as well. Speaking of which, did we ever get confirmation that Dr. Nick is dead? I don't think we have seen him on the show since his little bubble dome boo boo from the movie.

JediTricks
05-16-2008, 08:38 PM
How about Lunch Lady Doris? The actress who voiced her died.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-16-2008, 09:20 PM
BTW, the Universal Studios Simpsons Ride opens this coming week, and I plan to be there on Friday. Woo hoo! :thumbsup: Maybe catch another viewing of Indy IV at City Walk, too. Four-day weekends rule!

Ji'dai
05-17-2008, 04:28 PM
How about Lunch Lady Doris? The actress who voiced her died. The producers retired the character for several years after her voice actress passed away, but she's back again. I think Tress MacNeille does her voice now.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-24-2008, 09:53 AM
BTW, the Universal Studios Simpsons Ride opens this coming week, and I plan to be there on Friday. Woo hoo! :thumbsup: Maybe catch another viewing of Indy IV at City Walk, too. Four-day weekends rule!I did two of those things: IJ was an EXPENSIVE (stupid, naive Bel-Cam to think that the LA area would be reasonable in its entertainment pricing :whip: ) viewing, followed by dinner at Bubba Gump's (I miss Gladstones :( ) and a stroll along City Walk.

Plus, I did go to Univ. Studios. In the rain. The pouring rain (stupid, naive Bel-Cam to think that the LA area weather reports of thundershowers would not affect outdoor theme parks :whip: ). But The Simpsons Ride is indoors, the line was long (not due to fan interest, there was some problem that kept the line motionless for at least 15-20 minutes). They had TV monitors (some with close captioning, which was hilarious to try and get the characters' words typed :incoherentmumbling: ) along the line with clips of the Krustyland and Kamp Krusty episodes, plus new ones of ride-related character comments (Krusty, Frink and Doc Brown, Moe, Homer, Bart & Lisa, Wiggum, et al). The ride itself was basically the old Back to the Future one (it replaced that part of the park). Overall, I'd give it 3 1/2 Squishees out of 5. :thankyoucomeagain: (and with the annual pass, I might do just that)

JimJamBonds
05-24-2008, 11:17 AM
If you mention Troy McClure in the technically dead, but not officially announced dead category you pretty much have to include Lyonel Huts as well.

Don't forget the guy that sold Springfield the monorail as well.

2-1B
05-25-2008, 02:07 PM
"Monorail. Monorail!"

Bosskman
05-25-2008, 03:05 PM
The Simpsons has to end. It's my worst fear come true: it's horrible and still on. There's no hope of a comeback, the damage is done and the show is beyond repair. The finale was truly one of the worst episode ever (except for SSM as a ydrant and KTK as a dog that was funny I guess) The whole season was completly unreamakable if not downright bad (except for the Chalm-Skin thing that was freakin' hilarious-I wish they could have worked that into a better overall episode) When I think of what the Simpsons was and what it has now become it makes me want to vomit in terror.

UKWildcat
06-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Test Your Simpsons Character Knowledge!!! (http://www.sporcle.com/games/simpsons.php)

I scored 56/63. Not too bad, considering I haven't watched the show in years. :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
06-29-2008, 10:51 PM
I scored 56/63. Not too bad, considering I haven't watched the show in years. :thumbsup:I missed three... just couldn't remember those ones! :upset:

Lord Malakite
06-30-2008, 01:42 AM
I got all 63. The thing that hung me up the most wasn't so much knowing the characters' names, but knowing how they were spelled.

Kidhuman
06-30-2008, 05:44 AM
I got 57, I couldnt remember a few names

Bosskman
06-30-2008, 06:25 AM
Got them all.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-30-2008, 01:17 PM
I got 51. I haven't watched too much for a few years.

JediTricks
06-30-2008, 04:19 PM
With 1:43 left, I got them all. I got hung up spelling Dr Nick's and Brandine's names, and I couldn't for the life of me remember Martin or Nelson by name until nearly all the others were done. I was really glad I pulled Eddie and Lou out of my ear. I had to backtrack my brain to get Kirk & Luann's names, I did "Milhouse... Van Houten... Kirk and Louanne" and quickly fixed Luann. I was super grateful they didn't use Comic Book Guy's real name.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-30-2008, 04:54 PM
I was super grateful they didn't use Comic Book Guy's real name.
I put it as Jeff Albertson and it went through.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Since we're not caring about spoilers now... ;)

I tried "Anita B***hit" for Grandma Simpson (that was the first I stumbled on), and it wasn't legit, apparently. :p Totally blanked on Lou's police partner, as well as Mrs. Rev. Lovejoy (those were the other 2 missed). I couldn't spell "Lionel" or "Hutz" I suppose, as I tried it several ways (including the correct ways :rolleyes: ) before it took.

Kidhuman
06-30-2008, 08:21 PM
I couldnt remember Lou or Skiners moms name, nor Homers Mom. Also Millhouses parents. I rememered Brandines for some stupid reason

Bel-Cam Jos
06-30-2008, 08:26 PM
I rememered Brandines for some stupid reasonWell, you hear her name more than others, yelled out, too.

Cletus: "Hey, Brandine! [something demeaning to hill folk]"

UKWildcat
06-30-2008, 09:48 PM
"hill folk"

lol

DarthQuack
06-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Not sure if this (http://www.sporcle.com/games/simpsons.php) was posted yet....fun game and an addicting site.

JediTricks
07-01-2008, 01:53 AM
Not sure if this (http://www.sporcle.com/games/simpsons.php) was posted yet....fun game and an addicting site.
Uh.... what the?

Bel-Cam Jos
07-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Uh.... what the?I tried that new game... and STILL only got 60/63?!?

DarthQuack
07-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Wow was I slow....didn't even pay attention to the current page or the page before :P

UKWildcat
07-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Wow was I slow....didn't even pay attention to the current page or the page before :P

Just admit it, you ignore my posts. :mad:

JimJamBonds
07-01-2008, 10:55 PM
There are plenty of other cool games to play on that site besides those "2" Simpsons games.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-02-2008, 01:59 PM
There are plenty of other cool games to play on that site besides those "2" Simpsons games.But not in this thread... :p

El Chuxter
07-09-2008, 10:42 PM
57/63. I couldn't remember the two cops, Homer's mom, Skinner's mom, Milhouse's parents, or Brandine. But, like so many others, it's been a long time since I followed the show religiously.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-18-2008, 05:57 PM
I get a daily reminder when I turn my shower faucet from spout to hand-held sprayer, as the gurgling sound it makes sounds just like Homer choking Bart. :whyyoulittle: Might be nicer if it was a weekly reminder when I turn on my TV on Sunday evenings...

Bel-Cam Jos
09-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Hey! First of the next season begins with a SW couch gag, and one that actually fit the theme of the episode (bounty hunters). This one wasn't too bad, but I predict that others will find it bad or weak, calling for the end of the series once again, or that they will no longer watch. I still will, though.

JediTricks
10-03-2008, 03:57 PM
*Fleep fleep*

So BCJ, what did you think of the ep?

Good couch gag, btw, and they were all posed like Han, even Maggie.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-03-2008, 06:31 PM
*Fleep fleep*

So BCJ, what did you think of the ep?

Good couch gag, btw, and they were all posed like Han, even Maggie.Good, it was... good.

Looks left.

Looks right.

Looks up, just because...

:confused: :o
Yeah, I didn't literally LOL during it, but I smiled a lot. I missed the Han poses in the gag, apparently.

Ji'dai
10-06-2008, 05:43 AM
Marge: Where'd you get that cell phone?
Bart: Just like you got me, by accident... at a golf course

Last night's episode was quite entertaining from beginning to end. Strong story, lots of laughs and sight gags. Loved the day vs. night sequence with Bart home alone.

Kidhuman
10-06-2008, 09:29 PM
I loved when he orderd the Yankee stuff to Dennis Learys house. Great moment.

JediTricks
10-08-2008, 03:28 AM
Loved the day vs. night sequence with Bart home alone.That part was pure Matt Groening, it felt like it was taken straight out of one of Bongo's stories in "Life in Hell", I wanted at least a dozen more.

The art on Denis Leary was the strangest they've ever done, it didn't look a thing like him but it looked like they tried REALLY hard. As for the rest of the ep, hit-or-miss on everything, but some interesting ideas.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-21-2008, 09:20 PM
An okay episode. A glimpse back at the "bad boy" Bart of old.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-03-2008, 07:35 AM
The THoH XIX (nineteen already?!?) was very good. Loved the Peanuts parody, and "Unnamed Robots" story (or whatever is was) was pretty good. Little creepy with Abe Lincoln, though.

DarkArtist
11-03-2008, 02:55 PM
gotta say i loved the Grand Punpkin skit, my favorite of the night. I have a tradition of watching the Great Pumpkin every Halloween Night so i was glad that the simpsons started that skit the same way the Great Pumpkin starts.

the transformers spoof was also good.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-10-2008, 08:07 AM
This one was another of those "change continuity on purpose, just to mess with your mind" episodes. It took me a moment to realize that "five years ago" would be 2003, not 1986 or something. Marge rolling on the fallen tree was okay. I understood the last scene with the turnabout circle, but it was still weird.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-10-2008, 08:26 AM
This one was another of those "change continuity on purpose, just to mess with your mind" episodes. It took me a moment to realize that "five years ago" would be 2003, not 1986 or something. Marge rolling on the fallen tree was okay. I understood the last scene with the turnabout circle, but it was still weird.

I DVR'd it and turned it off/deleted the ep about half way through. Meeting Flanders was just irritating as I think their first meeting is the best with the "My friends call me Ned!" "Hello Flanders.." Very boring episode.

Bosskman
11-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Some sorta-funny-at-the-time-but-don't-remember-them-now jokes in another horrible episode. Please cancel this once great show.

DarkArtist
11-11-2008, 03:01 PM
the last episode was sort of hot and cold for me, had some cute moments but for the most kinda Blah.

JediTricks
11-11-2008, 09:18 PM
I understood the last scene with the turnabout circle, but it was still weird.I was with my family watching this one, and none of us got it, that whole episode left us cold and feeling like they are now so bereft of ideas they have to add in stuff that doesn't fit AT ALL, then lose themselves in weak jokes to hide it.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Perhaps is the magic number of 20 seasons their goal?

Bel-Cam Jos
11-16-2008, 11:16 PM
I realized I switched channels and missed the very end; anyone tell me what happened to the money Homer won (I figure he didn't keep it, as consistent with his past in losing such wiinings)?

I liked the crossword storyline more than the break-up expert one.

Rocketboy
11-16-2008, 11:44 PM
Homer paid the New York Times crossword puzzle writer and editor to hide an apology in there for Lisa. All was forgiven.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-17-2008, 07:06 AM
I thought this was a pretty solid episode; I found myself laughing quite a bit. I loved the use of "Word up" during the crossword scene, nicely placed. And homer's comment, "you know, for a bar bookie, you're awfully judgmental" really got me gigglin. :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Good ending. Thanks for the 4-1-1, Rocketboy!

My favorite part (did like the "Word Up" montage, too) was the tribute to the words removed from the dictionary, especially the pause and louder clapping for "hootenany" (I think that was the word) at its end. Why did you have to die, mimeograph? :cry:

DarkArtist
11-18-2008, 01:34 PM
i thought it was a cute episode. the ending touched my heart with the Homer / Lisa moment

El Chuxter
11-20-2008, 04:25 PM
I didn't see the new episode. I was watching the 7:30 re-run, which was the worst use ever of Denis Leary in any film or TV show. It was such a total waste of time, I couldn't sit through a second one.

Though occasionally it surprises a little, this show needs to be shot. It went from the best TV show at the time (and still one of the best of all time) to one of the worst over the past ten years. Even if you hated the Seinfeld finale, what's happened to The Simpsons is exactly why Jerry Seinfeld gave it the axe before it got too bloated.

It's sad that the direct-to-DVD releases show there's still a lot of mileage in Futurama, yet that's the one that got canceled.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-01-2008, 07:24 AM
This week's one went back to the social commentary style; the two stories weren't about the same issue, but they certainly showed how problematic some aspects of society today have become. Not really a "funny" episode, but a good one. No attempt to cover up the "Mapple" names, and the ethnic stereotyping sadly was too close to reality by some people.

Liked the chalkboard-couch gag, too (but Bart's chalkboard phrase was a precursor for the tone of the show).

Rocketboy
12-01-2008, 08:35 AM
This week's one went back to the social commentary style...but they certainly showed how problematic some aspects of society today have become. Not really a "funny" episode, but a good one. ...and the ethnic stereotyping sadly was too close to reality by some people.And about 7 years too late.

JediTricks
12-01-2008, 05:45 PM
IMO, this was a supremely lazy episode. The "social commentary" on both sides didn't fit the tone of the series at all, it didn't fit the characters, and it didn't provide laughs. This one goes on the turd shelf next to Saddlesore Galactica. It felt to me like, right from the chalkboard gag, they didn't have the teeth to deal with the jokes here, the topics were over their head and required either more aggressive jokes or defter writing. And the level of convolution to get main characters from point A to B was shameful.

DarkArtist
12-02-2008, 08:26 AM
this weeks episode was alright, not a huge fan of it. the only funny part was when Homer blew up the bridge that lead to the Duff Beer Factory.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Homer puts on black gloves in an episode the same weekend that OJ's verdict comes out? Hmm... :rolleyes:

JediTricks
12-08-2008, 09:21 PM
"The Simpsons: We've Stopped Trying to be Funny"

Bel-Cam Jos
01-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Well, this week's couch gag was clearly mocking the concept itself.

I liked the story, and the artwork was pretty good, too. Sad thing, is most kids probably wouldn't think anything 1984-esque about Skinner's comments about his Facebook searching, nothing wrong with his cyber-stalking. :(

Slicker
01-26-2009, 11:52 PM
This show is still on? :confused:

El Chuxter
01-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Sadly, yes. And proving every week how right Jerry Seinfeld was to axe his show while it was still good.

JediTricks
01-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Couch gag, I thought they did a merch joke before with it, but this had CBG so I guess that makes the 8 fans left happy.

The episode I felt was pretty lackluster, as unfortunately most Lisa-centric ones are. I think this one was based on a movie, but I can't remember what.

Slicker
01-28-2009, 08:51 AM
It's a shame it's still going. I agree with Chux and they should've just left it about 5-7 years ago and been on top. It's also unfortunate that the movie came out about a decade too late (even though I've heard that is was pretty good).

Bel-Cam Jos
01-30-2009, 06:54 PM
I think this one was based on a movie, but I can't remember what.Ironically, it kinda seemed like The Never Ending Story to me. Where reality meets fiction. Or perhaps Jumanji or Bridge to Terabithia.

Kidhuman
01-31-2009, 06:56 AM
It was Bridge to Teribithia without a doubt

JediTricks
02-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Yeah, that was it, thanks, that was nagging at me.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-16-2009, 10:42 AM
This week's was another revisit the past, but in an alternative realities way rather than a we're-gonna-just-throw-out-the-past-as-a-joke. The "new" opening is decent; I liked the pictures on the wall of the characters who've died (I could only make out Bleeding Gums Murphy, though).

LusiferSam
02-16-2009, 04:03 PM
It was Bridge to Teribithia without a doubt

I thought it might be Bridge to Teribithia when I read the episode description, but I say it was much more based on Peter Jackson's Heavenly Creatures. I've not seen Bridge to Teribithia, but whole overly intense friendship, fantasy kingdom and writing novels about their adventures here is Heavenly Creatures.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-01-2009, 11:11 PM
When (hopefully not "if" ) The Simpsons has a teachers' focus DVD, this episode should be the first one included. For anyone who knows the absurdity of standardized testing, this was both humorous and disheartening. I see the new intro as more like Futurama's. Was surprised that the Homer-getting-hurt montage didn't include his stint on Hullabalooza being shot with the cannonball.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-10-2009, 07:19 PM
The Ned-as-landlord plot worked fairly well. I chuckled a couple times. "Detroit Lions Fan" t-shirt: semi-topical, current, sadly funny.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Despite the clues directed at the audience, I liked this one. Wondering if it's meant to parody The DaVinci Code.

Lord Malakite
03-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Despite the clues directed at the audience, I liked this one. Wondering if it's meant to parody The DaVinci Code.
According to the guide description it was cross parody of that, National Treasure, and other similar movies.

JediTricks
03-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Nun pirate ship was funny, those visuals are stuck in my head.

Seems like the writing has changed with the animation, like they're going a little more family guy without missing the point.

El Chuxter
03-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Have they actually hired writers again? There have been a few really funny episodes lately.

JediTricks
03-22-2009, 07:24 PM
No, same writers and directors for the most part.

I didn't think about it, but they've added 2 new rotating elements to the HD opener, a billboard and Ralph Wiggum's response to having the statue head fall on him.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-23-2009, 11:12 AM
I missed the opening credits (turned it on when the family was in the couch gag dog show). The overall episode was pretty good; one where I smiled often, but no LOL.

El Chuxter
03-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Must've been one hell of a learning curve, then. It's like a totally different show from the embarrassment that's been on for several years now.

Looks like maybe they transferred all the "suck" to King of the Hill. Last night's episode was one of the least funny sitcom episodes I've ever seen.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-05-2009, 11:43 PM
This one, with Maggie and Homer, was actually kind of sweet. Moe's normal self-loathing turned into genuine pity and sympathy, I think. I'm glad they didn't use a guest star for Moe's love interest (made it seem less gimmicky).

p.s. Homer's beer can in the cough gag was uncomfortably placed. :eek:

Bel-Cam Jos
04-20-2009, 07:01 PM
I knew I had heard a commercial about whose voice would be featured, but I was stumped on Anne Hatheway until I read the closing credits. Bart gets a girlfriend has been done before, but this one was an alright episode.

Taco Wednesday...

Bel-Cam Jos
04-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Any show that bashes cell phones is alright with me! Bart is visited by three (or was it just two?) ghosts... but stays away from Jennifer Garner and Matthew McConouGeeI'mInEveryMovieNow. I'll have to check out what's on the updated billboard in the new opening, too (Skinner does lawns too, I think?)

Not a bad one, this week it was.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-04-2009, 06:42 PM
I really liked this'n. The move-to-another-town storyline's old, of course, but it worked this time. Homer's apartment was funny, so was No Country For Old Inspectors. Alaska Nebraska actually sounds better than the "real" star's stage name, to me (I was wondering if MC/HM was the voice, but alas, no).

Ji'dai
05-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Since I got a TV tuner for my notebook, I've been watching & recording Simpsons and Family Guy these past three weeks.

I like the new animated intro for the Simpsons, it's long overdue. Missed last week's intro though.

I loved the joke about the three Caitlyns - "I'm Caitlyn with a "C," this is Kaitlyn with a "K," and this is Cate Lynn, two words." Anyone that's stepped foot in a classroom lately has experienced this first hand.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-11-2009, 07:31 PM
For me, with my students over the years, it's been Brittney/Britni/Britteney/Brittany/???.

The Simpsons always does a good job with cartoon-ing up classic stories and novels. I liked the Macbeth one the least, but Snow White and E-Liz the 1st were chuckle-worthy.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-18-2009, 07:50 PM
That was quite possibly the best couch gag they've ever done. Not really funny, but a good nod (maybe even a tad presumptuous on the writers' part). The story was a common news headline, but adding in the Grapes of Wrath aspect was a nice touch.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-06-2009, 10:47 PM
I saw a rerun this week, the one where Moe manages Homer as a boxer. When Homer wins and he moves up the list of ranked boxers, the board with all the names has a label, for the Springfield boxing association, as "A**BOX," but with SS, not the **. Never noticed that before.

Rocketboy
08-06-2009, 11:27 PM
My all-time favorite site gag is one you can easily miss because it wasn't a "hey, look at me!" gag. In the episode where Homer took over coaching Bart's football team, Rod and Todd Flander's jersey numbers were 66 & 6.

Kidhuman
08-07-2009, 07:32 AM
I saw a rerun this week, the one where Moe manages Homer as a boxer. When Homer wins and he moves up the list of ranked boxers, the board with all the names has a label, for the Springfield boxing association, as "A**BOX," but with SS, not the **. Never noticed that before.

I have not seen that one

My all-time favorite site gag is one you can easily miss because it wasn't a "hey, look at me!" gag. In the episode where Homer took over coaching Bart's football team, Rod and Todd Flander's jersey numbers were 66 & 6.

This one kills me everytime I see it.

Ji'dai
08-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Spotted the Season 12 DVD set today. Amazon shows a release date of Aug. 18, but this is the first time I've seen it at retail. Worst DVD cover art ever!

JimJamBonds
08-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Spotted the Season 12 DVD set today. Amazon shows a release date of Aug. 18, but this is the first time I've seen it at retail. Worst DVD cover art ever!

And that's sayin' something!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-28-2009, 06:16 PM
But I think that CBG is a good DVD cover choice, as he would know that jargon well.

Worst DVD cover art ever? Nope...

- Crazy Cat Lady
- Comptroller _____ (name?)
- Lunch Lady Doris
- Agnes Skinner
- Barney :hic: Gumble
- one of Nelson's goons from the early seasons

Bel-Cam Jos
09-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Tonight it begins... or does it end...? The writers will undoubtedly tease us about that throughout the season.

El Chuxter
09-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Exept for upcoming guest writer Seth Rogen, who will struggle to make a complete sentence without the use of the word, "Duh." And that ep will be 30 minutes of unfunny pot jokes.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-27-2009, 04:17 PM
No pot joke is really funny.

I will watch the Simpsons until it's off the air, as even some of their bad stuff is better than other shows' "good" stuff.

El Chuxter
09-27-2009, 10:13 PM
I mostly agree, but I think the Rob Scheider character who ran a head shop and said about every object, "You put yer weeeeeeeeeed in there!" was pretty funny.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Okay, there's ONE that's funny. :p I'd forgotten about that.

Tonight, I was flipping between this and the Colts/Cardinals; I missed a few minutes. Not bad, what I did see, though.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Being a teacher, watching this episode was a little hard for me, having seen several colleagues let go. Firing teachers isn't funny. And since I find The Secret, ur, The Answer, a waste of wood pulp and digital pixels, it was not laugh-worthy either. It was a good, well-put-together one, but I just didn't laugh (except at the Barry Bonds stuff).

But this didn't help that I was flipping back-and-forth between this and the Steelers/Chargers game, in which Pittsburgh almost squandered a 28-POINT LEAD in the 2nd half. :upset:

Bosskman
10-06-2009, 05:40 AM
I will not waste anymore time watching the Simpsons. It is dead to me. What was once a great show has become painful to even think about.

Darth Metalmute
10-06-2009, 08:54 AM
I will not waste anymore time watching the Simpsons. It is dead to me. What was once a great show has become painful to even think about.

That's pretty harsh, I can't think of a better thing to watch on Sundays at 8:00.

Kidhuman
10-11-2009, 09:30 AM
the best line was "My stroke dead Grandpa has more memory than that thing"

Bel-Cam Jos
10-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Tonight's "Marge as ultimate fighter" episode was fairly "eh" to me. I don't recall laughing or even chuckling to myself even once. :(

Lord Malakite
10-12-2009, 05:54 AM
Not to get off topic or on an inappropriate subject for a family friendly site, but according to a Yahoo story apparently Marge is going to become the first animated lady to "pose" for an issue of Playboy.

Bosskman
10-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Actually all I watch now at all is Survivor and Biggest Loser (for the freak show fan in me I guess). I will watch Lost when it comes back on. Other than that my TV isn't even turned on. I'm actually seriously thinking about cancelling my cable because TV is such an idle waste for all the garbage on it.

Darth Metalmute
10-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Tonight's "Marge as ultimate fighter" episode was fairly "eh" to me. I don't recall laughing or even chuckling to myself even once. :(

My DVR didn't tape it so I only caught the tail end after watching postgame from Denver. Did you see that next week will be the Holloween episode? Can't remember the last time it was actually televised in October.

DarkArtist
10-13-2009, 11:51 AM
I have to say the simpsons so far is just not doing anything for me this year... hope the show picks up soon.

JimJamBonds
10-15-2009, 08:56 AM
I have to say the simpsons so far is just not doing anything for me this year... hope the show picks up soon.

Maybe Marge being in Playboy will help. (no joke she's going to be in it)

Lord Malakite
10-16-2009, 03:53 AM
Maybe Marge being in Playboy will help. (no joke she's going to be in it)

What am I, invisible? :D

Bel-Cam Jos
10-16-2009, 08:28 PM
What am I, invisible? :DI heard that a certain Simpsons character might be posing in a noted magazine soon...

OC47150
10-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Dammit, I missed the Treehouse of Horror special!!!

Rocketboy
10-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Dammit, I missed the Treehouse of Horror special!!!And I would say you didn't miss anything.

El Chuxter
10-19-2009, 01:26 AM
Seconded. Though it looked to be regaining steam, it might be time once again to start saying this show needs to be canceled.

Darth Metalmute
10-20-2009, 07:40 AM
I don't think it needs to be canceled, it's still better than most of the crap on TV today. It's just not very good so far this year. I'm curious if they were rushed to start the season. The past couple of seasons, they didn't start until after the World Series. I can't remember the last time the Treehouse of Horror was in October. Not that it's a good excuse, but these episode have been historically bad. Even Treehouse XX. Especially coming of last years revival season.

OC47150
10-20-2009, 07:10 PM
The past couple of seasons, they didn't start until after the World Series. I can't remember the last time the Treehouse of Horror was in October.

Precisely why I missed it! I don't watch Fox as much as I used to, but I don't remember it being plugged during the shows that I do watch. Maybe I missed it when I zipped through the commercials.

IMO, the Simpsons runs hot and cold. For every good episode, there's two or three (or more) so-so eps.

The Treehouse of Horror specials have ran more toward the cold side the last few years. One or two funny segments stand out, but the rest are pretty forgettable.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-22-2009, 06:28 PM
I thought it was alright. If I had more time, I'd post more detailed reasons why.

Bosskman
10-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Stop the Simpsons. Cancel it now.

El Chuxter
11-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Strangely enough, they're releasing the current season on DVD in January.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Current season, as in 2009-10? Odd.

The Marge Poses In a calendar and Homer Steals the Script to Devil Wears Prada episode was a little blah for me.

Lord Malakite
11-17-2009, 11:51 PM
Current season, as in 2009-10? Odd.
Nope, its not the current season. Its Season 20 (2008-09), aka last season, that is coming out on DVD in January for the 20th Anniversary. I think its also getting a blu-Ray release as well.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-29-2009, 10:47 PM
I actually laughed at some points tonight (3-eyed fish with "blind cane" and some little humorous lines), and I liked the Crucible connections from my recent play work.

Darth Metalmute
12-03-2009, 12:51 PM
My DVR didn't tape it so I missed it.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Now tonight's storyline worked really well. It wasn't revisionist history, just a "what if?" scenario. Nelson's mood swings were funny at times. But I missed Huell Howser's character. :(

Rocketboy
12-13-2009, 11:19 PM
The only real noteworthy part of this episode is that Charlie the orphan was played by Jordan Nagai (Russell from "Up").

Bel-Cam Jos
12-15-2009, 04:48 PM
I knew I recognized that voice! Just couldn't place it.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-05-2010, 11:18 PM
This most recent one was one of the funniest and creative episodes in a long time.

Darth Metalmute
01-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Last nights episode wasn't bad, although for a 450th episode I would have like the focal point to be about the family.

I really enjoyed the anniversary celebration show. Very entertaining.

DarkArtist
01-11-2010, 11:49 AM
have to say for the first time in awhile i actually laughed at The Simpsons last night. it was actually a decent episode. can't believe that the season is over already though.

loved the 20th anniversary special though. thought it was great.:thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
01-11-2010, 06:19 PM
I liked the variety of testimonies and interviews in the special. And not everything was positive (Brazilian and Catholic groups), either; that was a fair treatment. Those collectors are crazy... I mean, who would store a bunch of toys that much? :rolleyes: Twenty years... wow...

Darth Metalmute
02-18-2010, 01:11 PM
I thought Sunday nights Olympic episode was the best of the season so far. Very well done.

Lord Malakite
02-19-2010, 11:09 AM
I thought Sunday nights Olympic episode was the best of the season so far. Very well done.
Except for the fact that someone forgot (intentionally or unintentionally) that Principal Skinner isn't Agnes's "biological" son. :p

El Chuxter
02-19-2010, 12:51 PM
They threw continuity out the window ages ago. Ten years ago, Flanders was simultaneously in his 60s, and raised by beatniks in the 60s. Whatchoo talkin' 'bout?

Darth Metalmute
02-20-2010, 09:53 AM
Except for the fact that someone forgot (intentionally or unintentionally) that Principal Skinner isn't Agnes's "biological" son. :p

I stopped noting that stuff on the Simpsons when they did that episode where Marge went to college in the 90's. But while we were watching the episode, my wife actually pointed it out. She hates the Simpsons and knew that.

I imagine it's pretty hard to keep continuity correct when you haven't aged characters in 20 years.

El Chuxter
02-20-2010, 11:13 AM
If a few geeks on a website can, the writers should.

JediTricks
02-20-2010, 10:07 PM
And it's not like the Simpsons nerds have kept their lists of this crap off the internet, making it hard to find.

El Chuxter
02-20-2010, 10:23 PM
It's kinda like when I was reading the Hush storyline (the last Batman story I read), and Clayface II (the one with actual morphing powers) was suddenly back, and it was apparently because the writer somehow missed that he'd been dead for more than 20 years, and the other Clayfaces (all of whom couldn't morph aside from Lady Clayface) had made a big deal about his being dead in multiple popular and well-received storylines.

Darth Metalmute
02-23-2010, 03:21 PM
I thought it was another good episode of the Simpsons Sunday. There was a couple of laugh out loud moments. Hopefully, this is a sign of things to come.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Loved the footnote part (even better when you can pause it and read at your leisure)!

Bel-Cam Jos
03-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Was this week's prankster-from-the-past episode new? One time, my TV's guide said it was from 2009, then from 2010, then no year. How odd...

BTW, has anyone slo-mo'd the new opening credits, specifically the fast pan across the town? There's some funny stuff (Fat Tony's boys burying a body, God next to the Devil, etc.).

Lord Malakite
03-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Was this week's prankster-from-the-past episode new? One time, my TV's guide said it was from 2009, then from 2010, then no year. How odd...
Nah, it was an old episode. Just don't remember if it was last season or earlier from this season.

JediTricks
03-10-2010, 06:42 PM
The one with Jonah Hill, right? This season, Nov 22nd, 2009. I didn't care for it the first time around, my sister and I talked right through it, so I had to rewatch on the DVR the next day just to catch it and it was mediocre.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-22-2010, 02:45 PM
I had another one of those I-know-that-voice-but-can't-recall-it moments with Sarah Silverman, and I wasn't entirely sure that it wasn't Michelle Obama while watching. I liked this one, despite the overused Bart-falls-in-love storyline, with a social commentary on silly lawsuit issues.

Darth Metalmute
03-22-2010, 02:48 PM
My DVR said is was Angelia Bassett. But they have been known to make up names.

I liked it as well. Had a couple of laugh out loud moments.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-29-2010, 11:07 AM
This one had quite a bit of socio-political religious aspects, from its setting. I figured the voice was Sasha BC early on (and he was somehow more annoying than his movie roles).

Lord Malakite
03-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Last night's episode was probably the worst one I've seen out of the past two or three seasons, which isn't saying much considering how low the bar is set for Simpsons humor these days.

El Chuxter
03-29-2010, 11:53 AM
It was the first episode I've seen in ages. The only really funny part was Krusty getting excited when he learned Jews don't believe in Hell. The rest kinda sucked.

Darth Metalmute
03-29-2010, 12:22 PM
I laughed hard at the first segment with Homer on the slip and slide. But I can't even tell about what else happened. Very uneventful. I kept it DVR'ed because at one point, I stopped watching.

Bosskman
03-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Horrible, horrible episode. I must re-iterate my claim that this show must come to and end NOW. (well, about 4 years ago at least now that I think of it)

Darth Metalmute
03-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Horrible, horrible episode. I must re-iterate my claim that this show must come to and end NOW. (well, about 4 years ago at least now that I think of it)

I have to disagree with you. Sure it might not be at its best, but it's alot better than most of the other programing on any network.

JediTricks
03-31-2010, 04:00 AM
I watched it tonight on the DVR, and man was that terrible. The funny thing is, some Simpsons writers can do this sort of thing, the wry skewering of a touchy topic, but the current batch of writers are NOT among them so it comes off trying way too hard and having no point. Not funny, not sly, not anything, just another "Saddlesore Galactica" or "Simpson Safari"-quality episode, only without the underlying message about the writer's guild's value to the network.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-12-2010, 09:04 PM
This one was so-so, not due to bad writing or plot, just not all that funny. I would've thought that parodying prison films Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile to be hi-larious. Or not.

Maradona
04-12-2010, 09:32 PM
I had not watched a new episode in months, but last night episode was fun to watch.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-18-2010, 11:00 PM
The Homer/Wiggum episode was decent. I never LOL'd, but did smile a few times. I liked the Shamrock Shake line, as well as trying to figure out what Dylan was.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-26-2010, 10:43 AM
This was another of the occasional heartfelt stories. Sure, blowing up a whale isn't the same kind of sadness, but seeing Lisa with Blue-ella and the sunset at the end were nice.

Lenny also works at the customer service desk? Could Homer's "you used to be nice" line towards Flanders be foreshadowing something? Zinging House's episode script was clever.

Darth Metalmute
04-26-2010, 02:54 PM
I liked last nights. Nicely done, had heart, had laughs.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-03-2010, 07:24 PM
This one was pretty darn good. I do remember LOLing at some comment (from Lisa, IIRC), but cannot recall it now.

Darth Metalmute
05-04-2010, 08:53 AM
I have yet to watch the episode itself, but the opening was cool.

JediTricks
05-04-2010, 03:20 PM
I really didn't care for the whale episode. It was another "Laughless Lisa episode". I was surprised they had the nerve to blow up the whale on-screen (that is based on a real event that went down pretty much like what the Simpsons did).

As for the Big Brother episode, seemed like their standard meandering mess. Odd how the Treehouse of Horror showing Flanders' control of Springfield through the power of Big Brother was repeated here so many years later.

Ando
05-04-2010, 03:31 PM
I was surprised they had the nerve to blow up the whale on-screen (that is based on a real event that went down pretty much like what the Simpsons did).

That was on the Oregon Coast! And it was 100X more gross than it was portrayed on The Simpsons. Chunks of whale were coming down 1/4 mile away.

http://www.theexplodingwhale.com/ (http://www.theexplodingwhale.com/)

http://www.katu.com/features/seeit/3871922.html (http://www.katu.com/features/seeit/3871922.html)

This November marks the 40th anniversary.

Everything else about the episode was so-so.

JimJamBonds
05-04-2010, 05:22 PM
I guess it falls into the category of "so crazy it has to be true" and by god it is true!

A parked car over a quarter of a mile from the blast site was the target of one last chunk. Fortunately, no one was hurt as badly as the car. However, everyone was covered with small particles of dead whale.

Holy crap!!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Ando
05-04-2010, 05:41 PM
I guess it falls into the category of "so crazy it has to be true" and by god it is true!

Holy crap!!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

http://blog.oregonlive.com/multimedia/2009/03/what_not_to_do_with_a_dead_wha.html (http://blog.oregonlive.com/multimedia/2009/03/what_not_to_do_with_a_dead_wha.html)

KATU was the station from Portland that covered it. The link above has the You Tube video. It's HILARIOUS.

JediTricks
05-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Good lord. And the worst part is they were funnier than The Simpsons version of it, with them cheering like idiots watching the red mist form, then gaping at the chunks flying towards them, then finally running away. All this proves that Lisa Episodes suck.

JimJamBonds
05-04-2010, 10:33 PM
All this proves that Lisa Episodes suck.

That I have known for quite a few years young man!

JediTricks
05-04-2010, 10:46 PM
I've known it for decades now, but it still surprises me that they keep trying anyway.

I cannot think of an acceptable Lisa Episode. They're usually preachy or sappy touchy-feely dramedy.

El Chuxter
05-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Not even the old ones with "Bleeding Gums" Murphy?

JediTricks
05-04-2010, 10:55 PM
I watched Moaning Lisa recently, it's got almost no laughs, the art is so poor it's actively distracting, and ultimately it's so super whiny AND schmaltzy at the same time. Even the B-plot with Homer learning to play Nintendo so he can beat Bart is dumb, yet still has more entertainment value overall.

Round Springfield is a downer, it's less whiny but equally mopey, and in the end it's more schmaltzy especially when Bart gets all syrupy sweet.

Darth Metalmute
05-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Wow, no love for Lisa?

"Lisa is a nut
She has a rubber butt
and everytime she turns around
it goes; putt, putt"

JimJamBonds
05-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Lisa episodes just suck plain and simple, off the top of my head I can't think of a good one either.

Maradona
05-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Lisa episodes just suck plain and simple, off the top of my head I can't think of a good one either.

"You don't make friends with salad. You don't make friends with salad." That was a great Lisa episode. Even Sir Paul made a visit.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-17-2010, 01:11 PM
I have always liked Sideshow Bob episodes. Funniest line? "The good ones are all gay or have no faces." Loved the Chief's "gun" and Lou's "radar gun." And I liked the return of 5 corners, and how they covered the various states it encompassed. :D

Darth Metalmute
05-17-2010, 01:56 PM
I was very excited to see that Sideshow Bob was back. But I can't tell you anything that happened during the episode. I don't know if it was because of how "Eh" the show was, or because I was playing cards with my son.

My daughter liked it though.

DarkArtist
05-20-2010, 07:25 AM
The episode was one of the better ones this season... but i seriously think they need to put to Simpsons to rest now. they still hold the title for longest running sitcom/cartoon in history.

the shows just aren't that great anymore. looking forward to seeing the American Idol Simpsons spoof this weekend. should be funny to see Moe and Simon go at it.

Darth Metalmute
05-24-2010, 01:00 PM
I enjoyed last nights episode. I loved the chalkboard message. Which was funny because I've never seen an episode of Lost, and when I turned it over to the ABC to catch the news, a dog ran on to the screen and layed next to a man dying. Which begs to question, was it just the dogs dream?

Bel-Cam Jos
05-24-2010, 05:50 PM
How long ago was the Phillies fan tazed? Anyone notice the neon sign from the second sports bar showing someone getting zapped? And who did lose to the LA Xtreme in the XFL Bowl game, to be the best XFL team to never win a title? ;)

Darth Metalmute
05-25-2010, 07:15 AM
I believe the Tazed fan was only two weeks ago. The Tommy Maddox led the LA Galaxy to a victory over Orlando I believe. I believe it was the first game Orlando lost.

Edit: Just looked it up, they beat San Francisco. Orlando was undefeated until they lost their starting quarterback.

Lord Malakite
05-25-2010, 12:47 PM
I enjoyed last nights episode. I loved the chalkboard message. Which was funny because I've never seen an episode of Lost
A LOST mention, now I'm intrigued. What was the chalkboard message?

Darth Metalmute
05-25-2010, 02:58 PM
End of "LOST": It was all the dogs dream. Watch us.

They've gotten pretty topical lately.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-28-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm not usually a fan of Fox products being hocked, but this was pretty good. Since I don't watch Glee, I'm certain I missed several in-jokes (did I?). I did forget when 8pm was (yeah, it was at a different time last night, I guess :rolleyes: ) and missed the couch gag; was it the most awesomest one ever?

Lord Malakite
09-29-2010, 03:21 AM
missed the couch gag; was it the most awesomest one ever?
Not really if I'm remembering correctly. There was a party banner hung up on the wall behind the couch that read something along the lines of "Congratulations on 22 Seasons". An executive then walked in with a cupcake with a candle on it. The Simpson family blew out the candle, then the executive ate the cupcake making the Simpsons sad.

Ando
09-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Shoot!

I knew I forgot to do something last night. I meant to delete this episode from my DVR without even watching it.

JediTricks
09-29-2010, 02:18 PM
My sister and I watched it, not knowing who Flight of the Conchords are, and both of us found it to be a dull, unengaging episode. Then, this morning, it dawned on me that it was a bold choice to make a Lisa episode as a season premiere... but unfortunately, it was still a Lisa episode. Also, Yeardley's singing was unbearable, I fear time has caught up to her singing voice.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Spending Grampa's life savings (again?) was so-so. Two Lisa-centric episodes in a row? Interesting. Also was wondering if this couch gag would've worked for the THoH show.

JediTricks
10-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Was VERY surprised to see another Lisa episode. This one was slightly better than the previous, but not great, and a bit preachy. Also, I've noticed more of Yeardley's voice losing its step which is a bit odd.

The lite-brite ending to the couch gag was a bit odd, I think too soft to work as a Halloween opener (which haven't really existed in a while, come to think of it).

Darth Metalmute
10-07-2010, 07:38 AM
I'm still laughing at, "Nelson, statistics show that people who don't graduate from college make 3% less than those who do." So true.

The Chris Hanson bit was pretty funny as well, but only when Homer kept coming back after he ran off to ask questions.

JimJamBonds
10-12-2010, 10:41 AM
I watched the last two episodes and thought they were both alright. Not great but ok, better then the last time I watched the show (a couple of years ago).

Bel-Cam Jos
10-12-2010, 07:17 PM
I noticed the "couch gag by..." line in the closing credits, but didn't recognize the artist (still can't recall the name: Blakely? Bakky? Barky? :confused: ). I was quite disturbed by the opening, because it wasn't funny nor really tongue-in-cheek humorous, just depressing. I was surprised they chose to include it.

I actually liked the Lisa-as-manager baseball episode; it fit her personality well. And I loved the Mike Sciocia reset (which of the 3 rings did he not care about losing? :D ).

Lord Malakite
10-13-2010, 03:15 AM
I noticed the "couch gag by..." line in the closing credits, but didn't recognize the artist (still can't recall the name: Blakely? Bakky? Barky? :confused: ).
It was done by Banksy (a pseudonym; his real name is unknown to the public). He is a somewhat provocative anti-establishment British artist/filmmaker responsible for works like “Exit Through the Gift Shop”. His pseudonym also appeared as graffiti (on a billboard, the outside of the school, etc.) during the opening sequence.

I was quite disturbed by the opening, because it wasn't funny nor really tongue-in-cheek humorous, just depressing. I was surprised they chose to include it.
Wasn't your traditional "haha" funny, but its probably one of my more favorite openings in a long while. Then again I tend to like "dark humor". :D Only thing that would have made it better for me would of been if they saved this opening for this season's Tree-house of Horror episode.

JediTricks
10-13-2010, 05:27 AM
Was this a 3rd Lisa episode in a row, or because it's Lisa vs. Bart it doesn't count? I'm leaning towards the latter, but it wasn't that great in any sense.

Darth Metalmute
10-16-2010, 12:22 PM
I thought this last episode was cleverly done. I loved the recall to Mike Scioscia radiation poisoning.

DarthQuack
10-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Hopefully someone has a sale soon, would love to pick up some seasons for $12.99 or something low...

Bel-Cam Jos
11-08-2010, 07:04 AM
This was one of the best THoH episodes that I can remember. I especially liked the Jumanji/bored lames story. The "House" boat (do "Hugh" get it? :p ) killings was back to the creepy earlier Halloween specials.

Darth Metalmute
11-08-2010, 09:09 AM
This was one of the best THoH episodes that I can remember. I especially liked the Jumanji/bored lames story. The "House" boat (do "Hugh" get it? :p ) killings was back to the creepy earlier Halloween specials.

Unfortunately they are going to follow it up with another Lisa themed episode.

Lord Malakite
11-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Unfortunately they are going to follow it up with another Lisa themed episode.
And one of the mini-episodes from last night's ToH XXI was Lisa themed. It is the season/year of Lisa (and people wondered how the show could sink even lower than it already has).

Maradona
11-08-2010, 06:39 PM
I liked the middle episode quite a bit. It was far superior to the other two, though I did like the denizens of Draculala Land.

JimJamBonds
11-09-2010, 06:29 AM
I thought it was an iffy THoH, the board game bit was pretty good, the boat sucked as did Twilight, although as Maradona said Draculala Land was pretty good. Also, I liked The Office styled opening.

Hey look at that, I mentioned two shows that have gone downhill in the same post!

Darth Metalmute
11-09-2010, 08:04 AM
I didn't care for the vampire one, but I thought the boat one was cleverly done. I didn't find it funny at all until they showed it was Maggies dream. Then I laughed pretty hard.

Although I thought the first one was enjoyable, I would have liked to see the Satan game played out, instead of having to play the other games.

Darth Metalmute
11-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Bad news for those people who want the Simpsons cancelled;

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101112/ap_en_tv/us_tv_simpsons_renewed

JediTricks
11-12-2010, 04:04 PM
The Simpsons will keep going until a major voice actor retires or passes away.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-15-2010, 06:40 PM
While it was quite clear that Lisa would return to "normal" instead of getting what she wanted, this was a nice "heartwarming" episode. I loved the find-the-exclusive toy part (had a feeling Homer would resort to crime for it).

OC47150
11-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Finally watched the Treehouse of Horror eps, last year's and this year's. I enjoyed them. Had a couple of good laugh-out loud moments.