PDA

View Full Version : New Galactic Heroes sets!

bigbarada
01-31-2007, 01:05 AM
Hasbro just announced four new Galactic Heroes 2-packs.

Leia Boushh and Han Solo (Jabba's Palace) - I don't see a helmet for Leia or a Carbonite Block for Han.
http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_results&product_id=18879

Luke and Vader Final Duel:
http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_results&product_id=18888

Imperial Gunner and Royal Guard (the Royal Guard looks really cool):
http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_results&product_id=18889

Walrusman and Snaggletooth (this set is my favorite):
http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_results&product_id=18890

dindae
01-31-2007, 01:14 AM
Love these guys. Glad they got away from the one repack one new system they had there for a while.

Slicker
01-31-2007, 01:38 AM
I think that Royal Guard may be just enough for me to buy my first Galactic Heroes pack!! That little sucker is shweet!!!

sebillba
01-31-2007, 05:06 AM
I thought I'd stopped collecting these, but now I cannot wait to get my hands on Ponda and Snags - they are just too cool!

Tycho
01-31-2007, 05:12 AM
Yeah, I'm down for all of them. I'm still struggling to find The Empire Strikes Back sets - I have Luke & Lando, but can't find Leia Bespin or the Hoth Troops.

Meanwhile, I'm making dioramas with these - like the idea in the cinema scenes - only I don't buy those as I have most of the figures they include.

But I'll get to do a cantina diorama now!

bigbarada
01-31-2007, 05:33 AM
That Royal Guard is just awesome. I definitely want a couple of him and it's a good thing that he's packed with another army-builder that I want two of also. Hopefully they continue to keep the army-builder figures together as much as possible (like they did with the Snowtrooper and Hoth Rebel).

I'm not as interested in the Vader/Luke set, but I'll probably pick one up anyway. I'm assuming that Vader comes with a removable helmet, along with Boushh Leia, it's just not pictured. I'm pretty doubtful that Han will come with a Carbonite Block.

The main sets that I am excited about, though, are the Cantina Aliens (I'm referring to the Hammerhead/Band Member set also). For some reason, it seems that the ANH aliens fit this format perfectly. Probably because the alien designs in the first film tended to be much simpler and more iconic, so they translate better as cartoons.

Now we just need a Death Star Trooper, Death Star Droid, R5-D4 and Power Droid and we'll have all 21 original Star Wars figures in Galactic Heroes format. :cool:

bigbarada
01-31-2007, 05:41 AM
Here's Hammerhead and Figrin D'an :love:
http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id=18494

It seems that Hasbro is dropping the price of these little guys. The ones that are in stores now are listed as $6.99 on their site. These new sets are listed as $4.99! :thumbsup:

If their dropping the retail price, that probably means that the series is doing really well. :yes:

Kidhuman
01-31-2007, 07:15 AM
The series is doing well. I barely see the new ones out and it takes a while to restock them around here.

These new sets are sweet and like Dindae, I am glad we are getting 2 newbies in each pack. The Cantina patrons are sweet and I never thought we would see them. There was a cantina ten pack on a list somewhere, I am thinking we will be getting a new GH 10 pack for that one.

bobafrett
01-31-2007, 07:53 AM
Man these are sweet. I can't wait to make them part of my collection! Liea in Boussh disguise looks great. I wonder if we'll get a Jabba somewhere down the line?

bigbarada
01-31-2007, 09:05 AM
There was a cantina ten pack on a list somewhere, I am thinking we will be getting a new GH 10 pack for that one.

I kind of wonder if five of those 10 figures would be the complete Modal Nodes band. If you look at the Figrin D'an figure, it appears that both of his arms are separate pieces. So it looks like Hasbro has given some thought to repacking him with a different instrument.

Worst case scenario: half of the Cantina 10-pack is taken up with the Cantina Band, four more of those slots go to repacks of Greedo, Hammerhead, Walrusman and Snaggletooth. That just leaves room for one new figure and if we assume it won't be just a repack of a Luke, Ben, Chewie or Han; then it leaves open all kinds of possibilities.

Actually, worst worst case scenario would be:
1. Luke
2. Ben
3. Han
4. Chewie
5. Greedo
6. Walrusman
7. Hammerhead
8. Snaggletooth
9. Figrin D'an
10. Sandtrooper (white pauldron)

That kind of fits more in line with what we've seen from the GH multipacks. So I wouldn't necessarily get my hopes up for 10 all-new Cantina figures.

Kidhuman
01-31-2007, 09:09 AM
You sure as hell wont get 10 new figures for 20 bucks. It will more than liely only have 1-2 new figs in it, like the ones out now.

Rocketboy
01-31-2007, 09:40 AM
It seems that Hasbro is dropping the price of these little guys. The ones that are in stores now are listed as $6.99 on their site. These new sets are listed as $4.99! :thumbsup: I noticed the other day that the Marvel ones are $4.99 while the Star Wars ones are still nearly $6.00 (or more).
Glad to see they've decided to drop the price.

Now if they'd make 'em articulated like the Marvel ones...

Kidhuman
01-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Some of them are articulated, albeit very little about them are. Lightsabers move, wrists and stuff, about it.

JediTricks
02-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Leia Boushh & Han - I can see them saving the Carbonite block for a 2pack with Boba Fett, I hope they do it right whenever they get to it, and I'm not too surprised it's not here, it's big enough to be a figure all its own. But Leia absolutely must have her helmet. I like Han's mussed hair and Leia's thermal detonator.

Luke & Vader - I dunno about these dueling poses, they seem a little fencing-y to me. Luke looks pretty good, but Vader absolutely must have his helmet for that to work for me.

Royal Guard & Gunner - funny looking Imp set. If the Royal Guard is a hollow salt shaker, I think it should have been 2 Royal Guards and a Gunner.

Ponda Baba & Snaggletooth - I dunno what it is, but smiling Snags is unbelievably silly-looking. I hope Ponda's arm comes off! They did a good job with these, but they hold no attraction for me.

Hammerhead & Figrin D'an - I hadn't seen these before, they're new to me. Figrin looks good but the big feet and bent legs don't work for who he is. Momaw Nadon looks ridiculous with those big ET eyes, and I dunno what it is but nothing there on him works for me. This is another set I'm not into.

These new sets are sweet and like Dindae, I am glad we are getting 2 newbies in each pack.Ha! I thought that first part you were saying they were sweet LIKE Dindae. :p

timmae
02-01-2007, 08:40 AM
put me down for yet another vader(definately my last one!). the luke is cool too.

bigbarada
02-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Leia Boushh & Han - I can see them saving the Carbonite block for a 2pack with Boba Fett, I hope they do it right whenever they get to it, and I'm not too surprised it's not here, it's big enough to be a figure all its own. But Leia absolutely must have her helmet. I like Han's mussed hair and Leia's thermal detonator.

Luke & Vader - I dunno about these dueling poses, they seem a little fencing-y to me. Luke looks pretty good, but Vader absolutely must have his helmet for that to work for me.

Royal Guard & Gunner - funny looking Imp set. If the Royal Guard is a hollow salt shaker, I think it should have been 2 Royal Guards and a Gunner.

Ponda Baba & Snaggletooth - I dunno what it is, but smiling Snags is unbelievably silly-looking. I hope Ponda's arm comes off! They did a good job with these, but they hold no attraction for me.

Hammerhead & Figrin D'an - I hadn't seen these before, they're new to me. Figrin looks good but the big feet and bent legs don't work for who he is. Momaw Nadon looks ridiculous with those big ET eyes, and I dunno what it is but nothing there on him works for me. This is another set I'm not into.

Ha! I thought that first part you were saying they were sweet LIKE Dindae. :p

Snags looks pretty creepy, but that's one of the reasons that I like him. I'm pretty happy with Hammerhead too. He has character, and I think that's what's important for this particular line.

Even if the Royal Guard is a salt shaker, he's still going to be larger than R2-D2. And R2 and Luke together must have been less combined weight compared to the first Vader and Ben set. We all know that's not the way action figures are priced and they never have been. The Jawa cost as much as Chewie back in 1978, Wicket cost as much as Amanaman back in 1985. That's just the way it's always been done.

I do want a couple of Royal Guards, it may sound strange, but I love the fact that Hasbro didn't think it was necessary for them to have a visible left arm. This makes them perfect to just stand there and guard Palpatine, Vader, the lamp on my desk, whatever.;)

If they had given them the typical "grappler" pose, then I would probably not have been as interested in the Royal Guards.

JediTricks
02-04-2007, 02:15 AM
I can see what you mean, but I'm greedy like that when there's supposed to be 2 guys or more.

bigbarada
09-03-2007, 03:02 AM
Well it goes without saying that I'm pretty excited about the Barada/Weequay set coming up, and the Luke with Yoda figure looks pretty good too, actually a lot better than I imagined it would.

Tycho
09-03-2007, 09:43 PM
I collect Galactic Heroes because they're cute. *Sigh*

Somebody stop me!

Beast
09-03-2007, 10:03 PM
I collect Galactic Heroes because they're cute. *Sigh*

Somebody stop me!
Why should we stop you. It's a sign there's still hope. ;)

Tycho
09-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Hope of what?

I know I'm playing into something here...

Jaina Solo
09-14-2007, 07:09 PM
I almost hate to admit how much I like the Galactic Heroes... but I know I'm not the only one in my area, because almost every time I go to the store (ANY store...) all of the good ones are gone.

I'm still looking for ESB Lando and Luke, and the Imperial Officer with... I forget who. I'm not quite desperate enough to go to eBay- yet.

I guess you probably all know this by now, but the Leia/Han ROTJ set does come with the carbonite block, though Han doesn't really fit in it. I'm not sure which is my current fave, that set or the final duel Luke and Vader. That removable helmet on Vader is just- dare I say cute?

bigbarada
09-15-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm having a real tough time finding the AT-AT Driver and Commander set, it's the only one of the new sets that I can't find. I'm not desperate enough to go to ebay yet either, so I'll just be patient. They should start showing up in greater numbers soon.

Kidhuman
09-15-2007, 03:54 PM
I can get all three sets here that you guys have mentioned if you want.

bigbarada
09-15-2007, 08:37 PM
I can get all three sets here that you guys have mentioned if you want.

Hmmmmm, I'm definitely tempted, but I'm super picky about paint applications on the GH figures. I would rather not own a figure than get one with sloppy paint applications, especially on the face.

How do the paint apps look on the AT-AT Driver figures? (I'm not so concerned about the Commander figure.)

Kidhuman
09-15-2007, 09:47 PM
The one I have is pretty good, but if you are picky about them, I would recommend picking one out yourself, as we might have different standards to them.

figrin bran
09-16-2007, 01:33 AM
BigB, I've seen about 4 of the AT-AT Driver sets and paint apps can be quite sloppy on some of them. The one I ended up buying was only okay and not completely clean.

bigbarada
09-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Well, I had a chance to run out to Wal-Mart again this afternoon and I found the AT-AT Crew set.

The Driver looks really good, a couple of tiny paint spots where they don't need to be, but the eyes are symmetrical and don't have paint "leaking" out of them. Also the mouthpiece isn't overpainted and blobby (like many of the Saga2 AT-AT Drivers). So, I bought the set and am pretty happy with it, even though the Commander figure's eyes seems to have been stamped on about 2 millimeters offset to the right (which is actually pretty common with this line).

The Driver is easily one of my new favorite figures, the Commmander is okay. I've noticed that the "human" figures of this line (meaning the ones that aren't wearing a mask or helmet) tend to be sort of hit or miss. That's probably because Hasbro is too concerned with getting a correct likeness which, in my mind, shouldn't even be an issue for the Galactic Heroes figures.

The AT-AT Driver gets an A+ from me and the AT-AT Commander gets a B.