PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Holiday Special Cartoon with Boba Fett

Slicker
01-31-2007, 12:48 AM
In case some of you haven't seen the cartoon and the inspiration for the upcoming figure I figured I'd upload it so you guys could see where he got his humble beginnings in the Star Wars Universe.

Holiday Special Cartoon (http://media.putfile.com/Star-Wars-Holiday-Special-Boba-Fett-Cartoon)

El Chuxter
01-31-2007, 10:01 AM
Hey, friend, Boba Fett is your friend, friend.

He says that word more in the animated short than Akmeena does in the entire Cantina song.

Jargo
01-31-2007, 11:27 AM
Harrison ford has always sounded like he's had Quaaludes. and what was up with the cartoon version of him and that long horse face lol

considering how mistrustful of yoda luke is it seems od they made him into such a doofus in that cartoon.

friend...

mabudonicus
01-31-2007, 11:31 AM
Better than your last "clip" post, Slick, but still obviously phoney ;)

:beard: Isobaws&

vader121
02-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Wow, that was odd but cool.
I found it odd that Luke flew a Ywing instead of his trusted Xwing.
Also liked the probably unintentional beginnings of Admiral Ackbar in the beginning.

MrMet
02-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Wow, that was odd but cool.
I found it odd that Luke flew a Ywing instead of his trusted Xwing.
Also liked the probably unintentional beginnings of Admiral Ackbar in the beginning.

Well obviously Luke took the Y wing in order to bring 3PO with him. X wing is only a one man fighter.lol

JEDIpartner
02-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah... they had to figure some way of getting old Goldenrod on the planet.

I hope I'm not the only one who wants an Akmena figure. :o

Slicker
02-14-2007, 11:47 AM
I hope I'm not the only one who wants an Akmena figure. :oMaybe this' (http://media.putfile.com/Goodnight-But-Not-Goodbye)ll tide you over till then...

JEDIpartner
02-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Maybe this' (http://media.putfile.com/Goodnight-But-Not-Goodbye)ll tide you over till then...

Ooooh... Happy Valentine's Day indeed!!! :love:

El Chuxter
02-14-2007, 12:23 PM
I think I'd rather have Akmeena, Lumpy, Itchy, and Malla than Holiday Special Fett.

I can't say the same about Zutmore Zutton. I'm rather fond of that figure.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-17-2007, 10:02 AM
What about Death Star Trooper with Jefferson Starship transmitter and chinstrap over the lips features?

Or Stormtrooper holding the side of the rifle articulation?

I finally got a chance to see the SWHS, and it wasn't as bad as I thought, but it also wasn't as good as I thought either. I wanted to know what it was Brought to You By, as the commercials weren't included. :(

mabudonicus
06-17-2007, 11:04 AM
I have a version with the ads in it for the most part- I think maybe 1 or 2 breaks are blanked out but after that they're intact, and there's some GOOFY commercials to be had.

One is for the "Reggie Bar", Reggie Jacksons own entry to the confectionary market. The most prevalent ads are these weird (yet oddly REAL familiar, I watched a lot of US tv in my youth) ads for GM and other car manufacturers, all about "American Pride", "Made in USA" and a bunch of union stuff- the weirdest one is what seems like 2 minutes long, for Whirlpool, and features nothing but shots of Bald Eagles soaring etc with this nutty voiceover about what it means to be a manufacturer in the US- much of it totally seemd like it was left over from the 50's somehows.

I actually found the ads to be as much if not more interesting than the actual special itself.
KH should have this copy sometime soon BTW ;)
:beard: Iso & Baws
JJreason and I survived the Holiday Special fully intact, and didn't hardly have to drink any beers to accomplish it :D

Kidhuman
06-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Well, I will be waiting for it. :D :beard: & ISOBAWS to you

stillakid
06-18-2007, 10:47 AM
Maybe this' (http://media.putfile.com/Goodnight-But-Not-Goodbye)ll tide you over till then...

I want those four minutes back. :hurt:

DTMAN
07-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Well, the cartoon was the best part of the Special.
The only interesting parts was interesting first "look" of the Wookiee planet, some cut footage used on the Death Star and Cantina. The funniest part is still Leia singing.

A friend of mine made a very clean copy of the Special including the Kenner ad). Even then, it does not help if you watch the whole thing.

END TRANSMISSION