PDA

View Full Version : Galactic Trooper has a Surprise!!!

pegger
01-31-2007, 05:48 PM
1st off - TAC has shown up in Canada. I picked up the Airborne Trooper and the Galactic trooper

I've included pics of the card back (The Canadian one is again generic - only a Vader head on all of them)

and... well - look at the pic for the surprise!!!

El Chuxter
01-31-2007, 06:18 PM
He comes with a free second figure?

Cool!!

:crazed:

DarthBrandon
01-31-2007, 06:33 PM
1st off - TAC has shown up in Canada. I picked up the Airborne Trooper and the Galactic trooper

I've included pics of the card back (The Canadian one is again generic - only a Vader head on all of them)

and... well - look at the pic for the surprise!!!

Thanks for ruining the suprise.:D

Jargo
01-31-2007, 09:30 PM
he has the head of Bill Cosby?

Slicker
01-31-2007, 09:42 PM
he has the head of Bill Cosby?Surprise, surprise it's Bill Cosby in disguise!!!

JediTricks
02-01-2007, 02:06 AM
Oh boy, another removable helmet. :ermm:

With the shame of that guy's head (yes, I actually typed that unintentionally), I mean, with the SHAPE of that guy's head and helmet does turning it cause the helmet to dislodge rather than turn with him?

Deoxyribonucleic
02-01-2007, 03:29 AM
I bet "whatshisname" is happy to see his face all over every freakin action figure hasbro is making these days! I know it makes me happy :rolleyes:

pegger
02-01-2007, 06:56 AM

With the shame of that guy's head (yes, I actually typed that unintentionally), I mean, with the SHAPE of that guy's head and helmet does turning it cause the helmet to dislodge rather than turn with him?

The helmet does dislodge...at the shoulder - but I think it's more a function of the mouth "cape" being fairly rigid plastic, and not bending over his shoulder than because of the head.

jedi master sal
02-01-2007, 07:09 AM
Wait, you mean you folkd DIDN'T know about the removable helmet already??

Gawd, I've known about this a good month at the least, if not two. This isn't breaking news.

Well, I guess it is for some...

I'm "meh" about the whole thing. I don't really see a need for it, and if that gimmick is making the figure cost more, then I say do away with it and just have a permanantly helmeted figure.

DarkArtist
02-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Nice finds. Reports are also coming in about the TAC wave being found in England as well. makes me wonder if Hasbro is going to release the wave sooner than the exected March date.

DarthBrandon
02-01-2007, 08:03 AM

Gawd, I've known about this a good month at the least, if not two. This isn't breaking news.

I'm "meh" about the whole thing. I don't really see a need for it, and if that gimmick is making the figure cost more, then I say do away with it and just have a permanantly helmeted figure.

It's not the helmet that causes it to cost more, it's greed.:yes:

pegger
02-01-2007, 08:41 AM

It was news to me - I wasn't expecting it. Then again - I am Canadian....and a little slow on the news.

In any event - I still got one and you don't so "meh" to you! ;)

sebillba
02-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Nice finds. Reports are also coming in about the TAC wave being found in England as well.

R2DToys are supposed to be getting them first over here, and their website has shown them as being "in stock" for the last few days, but when I phoned them on Tuesday, they said they'd been delayed and were now expected Thursday (today), so if I'm very lucky, I might get mine by the weekend, if not, hopefully early next week.

Ephantmon
02-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Pegger, is there anyway you would be willing to hook me up with a few of the tri-logo 30th ann figures? I try to get a few tri-logos from each series and I would like to continue that tradition. I can pay you through paypal. let me know.

Phil
phlipper76@aol.com

El Chuxter
02-01-2007, 11:39 AM
I bet "whatshisname" is happy to see his face all over every freakin action figure hasbro is making these days! I know it makes me happy :rolleyes:

I hope Bodie Taylor gets a penny in royalties every time one of these things sells. He's a rich man by now, if he does. And will be even richer.

pegger
02-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Pegger, is there anyway you would be willing to hook me up with a few of the tri-logo 30th ann figures? I try to get a few tri-logos from each series and I would like to continue that tradition. I can pay you through paypal. let me know.

Phil
phlipper76@aol.com

Should be no prob. Just sent you an email....

Deoxyribonucleic
02-01-2007, 01:24 PM
I hope Bodie Taylor gets a penny in royalties every time one of these things sells. He's a rich man by now, if he does. And will be even richer.

By the rate they are making removable helmet "whatshisnames", a penny per will make him a billionaire!! :yes: :lipsrsealed:

jedi master sal
02-01-2007, 02:53 PM
It was news to me - I wasn't expecting it. Then again - I am Canadian....and a little slow on the news.

In any event - I still got one and you don't so "meh" to you! ;)

Techinically I had this a week ago. I say technically because I had Razorsedge hold my order until tomorrow to ship it. But it's there waiting for me....along with ALL of the rest of the figures from the case. Same goes for wave 9.

I'll be getting two cases of figs in just under a week. Heh, like Christmas all over again! Whoo-hoo.

Luuuuuuke
02-01-2007, 04:15 PM
I think removable helmets work quite well with certain clones. The Galactic Marine and Snowtroopers are an example. Because they're big helmets, they tend to not look unnaturally oversized or weird.

Snowtrooper
02-01-2007, 05:32 PM
I think removable helmets work quite well with certain clones. The Galactic Marine and Snowtroopers are an example. Because they're big helmets, they tend to not look unnaturally oversized or weird.
They executed the removeable helmet on the ESB Tin Snowtrooper really well. I don't mind the removeable helmets, just so they don't have the chin sticking out of the bottom. I hope the upcoming stormtrooper doesn't have this problem.

JediTricks
02-01-2007, 09:18 PM
The helmet does dislodge...at the shoulder - but I think it's more a function of the mouth "cape" being fairly rigid plastic, and not bending over his shoulder than because of the head.Whatever the reason, they should have figured out a way to make it work. Oh well.

It's not the helmet that causes it to cost more, it's greed.:yes:It actually does make the item cost more to Hasbro, they have to tool up several extra pieces - helmet, head, and maybe a neck peg - then pay extra for painting the head under the helmet.

DarthBrandon
02-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Whatever the reason, they should have figured out a way to make it work. Oh well.

It actually does make the item cost more to Hasbro, they have to tool up several extra pieces - helmet, head, and maybe a neck peg - then pay extra for painting the head under the helmet.

Meh, a few cents maybe, not enough for the prices we are paying.

On another note these figures are awesome (Mace, Airborne Trooper, & Galactic Marine), the Airborne Trooper has a nice hidden storage compartment for his hand gun right on the back of the ammo/medic bag. Really cool feature IMHO. Nice bunch of figures.

JEDIpartner
02-02-2007, 12:56 PM

Seriously. :cross-eye

pegger
02-02-2007, 01:14 PM
On another note these figures are awesome (Mace, Airborne Trooper, & Galactic Marine), the Airborne Trooper has a nice hidden storage compartment for his hand gun right on the back of the ammo/medic bag. Really cool feature IMHO. Nice bunch of figures.

I haven't gotten Mace yet - but I did pick up the McQuarrie trooper. The Airborne trooper and Marine are awesome figures. The articulation is great on them, that storage compartment for the gun is awesome, and the stance is perfect! They are fantastic figures, and with the helmet on the marine, you would never know it's removeable.

The McQuarrie trooper was a nice surprise to - it's got a different deco to the old Saga one. The paint job on it (grey outlines, with a red insignia, and the painted shield) really blow the old one out of the water. Still very little articulation (no removeable helmet on his either ;) )

Ephantmon
02-02-2007, 01:39 PM
I cannot wait to get these

DarthBrandon
02-03-2007, 11:59 AM
I haven't gotten Mace yet - but I did pick up the McQuarrie trooper. The Airborne trooper and Marine are awesome figures. The articulation is great on them, that storage compartment for the gun is awesome, and the stance is perfect! They are fantastic figures, and with the helmet on the marine, you would never know it's removeable.

The McQuarrie trooper was a nice surprise to - it's got a different deco to the old Saga one. The paint job on it (grey outlines, with a red insignia, and the painted shield) really blow the old one out of the water. Still very little articulation (no removeable helmet on his either ;) )

Yeah, not sure if I can justify it for a new paint scheme, I already have two (1 C, & 1 L) but you never know if things dry up I may say the hell with it & get it.

You'll like Mace pegger, full articulation, & the only one flaw I found was that the lower tunic is plastic & not cloth. This ruins seating Mace on the council or in his starfighter, but a nice custom job will fix that. I will never purchase another Mace again, it's that good IMHO. I stopped buying Vaders after the Vintage & Evolutions & now that I have this Mace, it's time to close the book on this as well. Hopefully the rumoured Qui-Gon will be this good, then it will close the book on another character for me.

AmanaMatt
02-03-2007, 07:46 PM
This figure is totally SA - can't wait! I will get at least three and will look cool next to my modified Bacara (using #41 body).

JediTricks
02-04-2007, 03:37 AM
Meh, a few cents maybe, not enough for the prices we are paying. You'd be surprised how much different the cost can be there, it's a whole new set of masks and paint apps, extra paints and dyes - it can be significant.

DarthBrandon
02-04-2007, 12:41 PM
You'd be surprised how much different the cost can be there, it's a whole new set of masks and paint apps, extra paints and dyes - it can be significant.

Yeah, there's no doubt that there is a little cost involved J.T., but for all the crappy figures we've gotten in the past every little extra now should balance it out in the end. (Gas prices have gone down & a lot of these figures are retooled from previous parts) Look at what Marvel Legends was like, vastly superior overall & more bang for your buck until Hasbro got a hold of the line. I now fear that I will never purchase another Marvel Legends figure again, the first two series look like total crap IMHO, not a single figure in the mix that's worth talking about. Hasbro lost me as a customer for Marvel Legends (over 90 plus figures in my/sons collection) & almost lost me on S.W. until I seen this years product line. Now if they can get the product to me I will purchase the vast majority of it, but if not they will lose more potential sales to me.

Anyways, I lost my train of thought for a second.
There's no doubt we are paying way too much money for these figures when I look at other companies that are selling action figure products, yes some of them are worth every penny, but when I pay for a figure I expect the same quality for all of them. They don't need to jack the prices up every year to justify something costs more when it didn't the previous year. That's my big gripe with this. Same dam thing with vehicles, yes we know it costs to make a new one, but if it's done right it will sell. The last year alone has proven that vehicles are in demand, so I say lets start cranking them out Hasbro. A good time would be right around X-mas time. Sorry for all the rambling in there, just getting some thoughts out there.

Luuuuuuke
02-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I think Airborne troopers and snowtrooper helmeted-like clones look great with removable helmets. They just do. It's a bonus. Regular clones, that can be a problem. The Evo clone and the new Combat Engineer have the problem that their removable helmets look bulbous and too large.

They look like Peanuts characters next to other clones. They still look good, but it is a lilttle bit of an issue. I can't understand why Hasbro can't make tighter ROTS-style removable helmets as well as they make removable AOTC clone helmets.

But the Commemorative Tin Snowtrooper looks great with a removable helmet. That's because the Galactic Marine and Snowtroopers' helmets are almost like hoods.

As for the issue of price, yeah, all of these action figures are overpriced. There's no way action figures this small and slight should cost close to $7 each. I can understand why the Toybiz Lord of the Rings figure would cost that; but not Star Wars figures.

But toys are luxuries, so maybe the price is a good unintentional excuse to moderate how much you spend on them.

JediTricks
02-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Yeah, there's no doubt that there is a little cost involved J.T., but for all the crappy figures we've gotten in the past every little extra now should balance it out in the end. (Gas prices have gone down & a lot of these figures are retooled from previous parts) Hasbro seems to look at that cost issue only within that single wave, so when the Marine costs a little extra, the only 2 choices are taking it out of the budget of another figure in that same wave or eating it - and Hasbro rarely eats that loss.

DarkArtist
02-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Hey has anyone found these yet in the States ? Have been hearing reports that they have shipped to other countries like Canada and the UK and have even heard some reports that they have started to ship to the US. Was just wondering if they are true.

Checked down here in Florida and still have yet to find any or even see the Wave 9 of the Saga series.