PDA

View Full Version : 12-inch scale Dejarik Holo Chess Board

Kidhuman
02-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Just put up on sideshows site.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=2570&source=020107news

Darthmog
02-01-2007, 08:58 PM
The lastest SS Newsletter has a preview of the Dejarik Holo Chess set. It's 1:6 scale so hopefully we'll see Chewie and R2 at toy fair.

Darthmog
02-01-2007, 09:18 PM
You just beat me to this. :D I guess someone should delete my post. Returning to lurker mode now. ;)

JediTricks
02-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Merg'd! :p

I like the idea of it, I do hope those figures will be translucent by the time they show up though.

I am afraid they're going to price this over $25 because that's Sideshow's thang, and I think that'd be asking too much for it.

wampaslayr
02-02-2007, 09:50 AM
I agree with JT. I was hoping the figures would a trasnlucent blue color. I may pass on this for that reason. It even says in the name "holochess." So far I am not impressed with it. I thought Sideshow was all about the authenticity of their products. They are way off mark with this one.

Tycho
02-02-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm EVIL so I actually hope they are NOT translucent.

As well as relishing in the disappointment you all will face :twisted: I actually hope they are in good scale to Hasbro's 3 3/4" figures.

In Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan: Last Stand on Ord Mantell from Dark Horse Comics, the Jedi duo fought Mantellian Savrips (the larger creature under the other one) and protected the girl of the story, conveniently represented well by Tia Leonne's Jurassic Park \\\ figure. I'd saved a Naboo Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan figure each for this - mostly because at the time, I wanted an excuse to expand my SW EU collection and the JP figures were useful in that way.

If I were doing my dioramas today, I'm not sure I'd still go that route, but the figures are in storage.

However, to give you guys the translucent chess pieces and satisfy myself, this would be an excellent comic to do for the new Comic Book 2-packs including a Savrip figure in full color, and a TPM era Obi-Wan - a good character to help sales with a monster nevertheless. That could work out for all our needs.

As to having a SideShow Holo-Chess set with R2 and Chewie figures competing at it - that'd be sweet!

Correct me if I'm wrong though: the 1:6 scale is the premium format, right? I just stick to the 12" stuff - whatever scale that is. So I think I won't be spending money after all.

Hasbro can take care of me for $9.99 if they do this right.

evenflow
02-02-2007, 08:54 PM
I think it's a cool idea. I will pick this one up. I hope Chewbacca is not far behind.

dr_evazan22
02-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Tycho - 1/6 = 12"

The Premium format is 1/4 = 18"

If the chess board is 1/6, then I would guess that the actual "playing" pieces will be about the size of a human in the SW miniatures game (an inch tall, maybe 1-1/2").

AmanaMatt
02-03-2007, 07:44 PM
I am not feeling this one. Maybe if we had already gotten a Chewie, it would make more sense to me.

$40 is too much, IMO.

Bosskman
02-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Pica are up at another site of the Chessboard. It is made of polystone and the game pieces are pewter. Lokss pretty sweet. I can undertand why the pieces aren't transluscent due to the colors. I bet the exclusive version has that one monster picking up the other one.

Darth Cruel
02-16-2007, 12:08 PM
I hope this helps someone.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=0

Edit - This piece doesn't seem to be going very fast. At 50.00 I think it is a good buy. I was in and out in less than a minute. And I continue to be able to get in very easily throughout the PPO.

Edit2 - At 17 minutes the 100-pieces-left bar came up.

Edit3 - Sold out at 28 minutes.

jonthejedi
02-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Same for me...in and out(both online & I tried calling) in less than 5 minutes. I wish I would have had this luck on the RAH Boba Fett. I didn't realize Priority Prebookers could call during that period of time. Oh well!

AmanaMatt
02-16-2007, 09:57 PM
First OT piece I have passed on from Sideshow....it seems popular, which is interesting. It was a huge pass for me. Cool looking and all, but what the hell am I going to do with a chess table that has no chairs, nor characters to go with it? :rolleyes:

jonthejedi
02-17-2007, 04:44 AM
For me, I plan to use a 1/6 scale R2 from Hasbro's line...maybe the C3PO & R2 from Koto. Man, I wish someone would tackle a decent looking Chewbacca, hair and all.

JediTricks
02-17-2007, 07:31 AM
At $50, this was an easy pass for me. I can barely muster paying that for a figure, much less an accessory that's using "classy" materials - and I don't buy their reason for using classy materials either, they've gotten great detailing out of their small accessories in the past.

Darth Cruel
02-18-2007, 08:55 AM
I figure (no pun intended) that it is just me. I have absoloutely zero intention of ever passing on either a Sideshow OR Hasbro 3 3/4" or 12" figure, vehicle, accessory, or playset. ANYTHING intended for the 12" or 3 3/4" figures will end up in my collection.

And I see these "Expansion Packs" as playsets. As I mentioned in another post...they add invaluably to the display of the figures. The fact that I have a different way of displaying the figures besides individually or fighting each other means a lot to me. I have been experimenting with using some of the Hasbro stuff with the Sideshow fogiures just for this reason, but that is for another thread.