PDA

View Full Version : Kashyyyk Clone packed with the wrong gun!

Tycho
02-02-2007, 02:44 AM
Dangit Hasbro! On the photos and cardbacks of wave 9 (which I still haven't found, but got 2 Kashyyyks through a friend in my collecting circle anyway), Hasbro shows the Elite Corps Clone using the long rifle he was shown having in the movie.

Well I got two of mine (want 7 total) tonight and he has the small bikerscout blaster that fits in the ankle holster, and the typical Clone blaster that we all complained the CW SA Clone came with instead of their own style of Geonosian Theater long rifle (the Kashyyyk rifle is different - but was sculpted as shown on the package.).

But I don't know if every figure out there has the wrong blaster versus rifle, but my loose one and carded one do. Grrrr. Thanks Hasbro! (NOT) :mad:

jedi master sal
02-02-2007, 08:28 AM
So you're saying it comes with the short blaster? Does it also come with the mini ankle blaster?

I can understand the mini blaster, but the short blaster? That stinks. I'm really going to have to look into making my own injection molding for repros of these guns. I literally need hundreds of them.

Tycho
02-02-2007, 09:40 AM
So you're saying it comes with the short blaster? Does it also come with the mini ankle blaster?

Yes, you're correct. You get 2 guns with this figure, but neither one of them you saw him use in the movie. Well, maybe the guy that joins Gree when they try to kill Yoda had a shorter weapon, I never thought about watching for that, but you see the troops on the lagoon-side have long rifles as they fire down at the oncoming Tank Droids.

I can understand the mini blaster, but the short blaster? That stinks. I'm really going to have to look into making my own injection molding for repros of these guns. I literally need hundreds of them.

Yeah, they had to include the mini-Blaster because the Scout Trooper who's mold they stole for this has an ankle holster (I think the actual Kashyyyk troopers did not). But if the figure has an ankle holster, at least Hasbro gave you a gun that would fit in it. The other situation is ridiculous.

Keep me updated if you ever succeed at injection molding this weapon. I don't think it's identical to the gear the Clones carried at Geonosis, but the CW SA Clones didn't include rifles and I can't remember what ROTS #41 came with at the moment...[Tycho checks RS photo archive]....NO! Those $@$!@)#$!

What the heck is Hasbro's problem that they can't include long rifles with figures when appropriate. They gave some long weapons to figures like the Utopau Warrior and the Niemoidian Commander, as well as the Clone Commander figures. What's the deal? OK - that's going into the ASK HASBRO THREAD right now!

jedi master sal
02-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Keep me updated if you ever succeed at injection molding this weapon. I don't think it's identical to the gear the Clones carried at Geonosis, but the CW SA Clones didn't include rifles and I can't remember what ROTS #41 came with at the moment...[Tycho checks RS photo archive]....NO! Those $@$!@)#$!

What the heck is Hasbro's problem that they can't include long rifles with figures when appropriate. They gave some long weapons to figures like the Utopau Warrior and the Niemoidian Commander, as well as the Clone Commander figures. What's the deal? OK - that's going into the ASK HASBRO THREAD right now!

I'll let you know about the injection mold. I'm actually looking into this weekend.

Cool beans on adding this to the questions for Hasbro. I agree. These guns are CHEAP accessories. No reason why they can't come with both a blaster and a rifle.

JediTricks
02-02-2007, 06:32 PM
Another reason why the ROTS #06 quick-draw clone rules, he's got both.

I didn't really want to see that Trooper Evolutions rifle, it's way too skinny, but with this figure it would have worked and they shouldn't have just tossed the blaster pistol into the set instead.

Luuuuuuke
02-03-2007, 01:35 AM
I just swapped a rifle for one of my Kashyyk troopers. I don't really care what types of guns they get as at this point I have so many clones, I can swap guns easily.

figrin bran
02-03-2007, 10:16 PM
i have a stockpile of rifles from all the clones i have and so swapping isn't a problem but that's beside the point. if hasbro is going to try to get away with a not entirely movie accurate Elite Corps clone sculpt, they could at least give us the rifle that is pictured with the figure!

i don't think they had the ankle holsters and so unless i'm shown evidence proving that they did, i think i'll just cut off/sand off the holsters.

jedi master sal
02-04-2007, 12:40 AM
If hasbro is going to try to get away with a not entirely movie accurate Elite Corps clone sculpt, they could at least give us the rifle that is pictured with the figure!

I agree. I'd rather have had the Rifle than the blaster. Heck it's what 1 cent more per rifle than blaster, MAYBE? Worth it to me for accuracy.

Loose the ankle blaster and they've made the difference up.

El Chuxter
02-04-2007, 12:42 AM
Personally, I think everyone here should go to Comic-Con and, during the Hasbro Q&A, we should stand up and pimp slap all the Hasbro reps for this.

:mad:

Jaff
02-05-2007, 12:24 AM
Yeah, I was bummed when I saw this as well. After buying 2, I opened up one and thought I had thrown away the rifle only to discover there was never a rifle with this fig in the first place.

Tycho
02-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Yeah, I was bummed when I saw this as well. After buying 2, I opened up one and thought I had thrown away the rifle only to discover there was never a rifle with this fig in the first place.

LOL - the same thing happened to me. My friend found my first couple and he wanted to see one opened so he asked me to open mine. He has a dark couch we both combed for a few minutes looking for where we'd dropped that rifle until we compared it to another one and realized there never was a rifle!

tagmac
02-10-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm disappointed as well, but the clone itself looks cool (enough that I picked up two of them). I'll just give them the rifles that came with the shocktroopers, since those guys used the smaller guns as well.

General_Grievous
02-24-2007, 06:39 PM
I gave mine the proper rifle as well. He looks much better now.

Slicker
03-01-2007, 02:28 PM
It's obvious that none of you watched ROTS before coming in here and complaining. Although they are shown with the long rifle they also use the short blaster that came with them so it's not like Hasbro messed up here.

The reason you want the long rifle is because the most memorable scene has them using it but those may be specialized ones. The clone that Hasbro gave us is just the generic grunt. Look at the American soldiers during WWII. Some of them went through extra training to use the BAR which was a specialized weapon much like the long rifle probably is.

I even took screenshots and circled the Clones holding the blaster that came with the figure.

Screencap 1 (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/slicker1138/Hosted%20pics/PDVD_003.jpg?t=1172777186)
Screencap 2 (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/slicker1138/Hosted%20pics/PDVD_002.jpg?t=1172777218)
Screencap 3 (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/slicker1138/Hosted%20pics/PDVD_001.jpg?t=1172777240)
Screencap 4 (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/slicker1138/Hosted%20pics/PDVD_000.jpg?t=1172777261)

Tycho
03-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Slicker, in screencap 3 you circled the long rife instead of the blaster.

I see your point. It doesn't change the fact that I want the long rifle of course.

Now please stop taking away another good reason to be ticked off at Hasbro!

Or do I have to bring up that they under-accessorize every Mr. Potato Head as well?

JediTricks
03-01-2007, 09:18 PM
No, he's right, those are all blasters and not rifles. I'm going to change the Q&A question I guess.

Tycho
03-01-2007, 09:46 PM
No, he's right, those are all blasters and not rifles. I'm going to change the Q&A question I guess.

You could - as Hasbro has a ready answer.

However, the figure on the back of the card is pictured with the long rifle, and images of those troopers using them could be found in screenshots from the movie as well. So why did Hasbro take a picture of the figure with the longer rifle for the back of the card?

Tycho
03-02-2007, 08:39 PM
This just in:

Rebelscum: With all the Clone Trooper figures being released, there's a significant shortage of rifles among my clone armies. Especially for AOTC Phase I Clone Troopers, who carried rifles, not blasters, yet they are always packed with blasters (why is that, anyway?) Has Hasbro considered a clone trooper weapons pack with rifles, binoculars, new pistol and rifle sculpts (ARC Trooper pistols and sniper rifles maybe?) and perhaps gunship turrets? And will the Saga Legends clones (all colors) fix this recurring error?

Hasbro: This is a good comment that we've heard from many different avenues, and we'll look at it. It's unlikely we'll do the ball turret in something like this venue, though.

TYCHO - they skirted the question! They didn't answer WHY the figures are not coming with rifles.

That is like saying, "I think action figures should have heads on their shoulders." And Hasbro saying, "That's a good suggestion. We'll take that under advisement." :rolleyes:

JediTricks
03-03-2007, 03:29 PM
They didn't skirt the question, RS asked a different question - by putting "why is that" in parenthesis they ensured it wouldn't weigh heavily on Hasbro's answer. You're so caught up in the part that you're interested in that you missed the main question: "Has Hasbro considered a clone trooper weapons pack with rifles, binoculars, new pistol and rifle sculpts (ARC Trooper pistols and sniper rifles maybe?) and perhaps gunship turrets?" Hasbro was asked that and that's what they answered.

Slicker
03-03-2007, 03:32 PM
He got proven wrong about the wrong gun and his brain doesn't know how to comprehend that other than to TRY and refute it with what he perceives to be someone elses failure.:p

Tycho
03-03-2007, 05:25 PM
He got proven wrong about the wrong gun and his brain doesn't know how to comprehend that other than to TRY and refute it with what he perceives to be someone elses failure.:p

Yes. Exactly. I could use some help though, Slicker. I'm not adjusting well. Could someone please get me a freshly scented Mouse Droid? I'm having a breakdown here.

OK: I want the long rifle for my Clone Troopers dammit!

JediTricks
03-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Take one from an ROTS#06 Clone, the Clone Commander or someone like that.

Tycho
03-04-2007, 09:20 PM
The problem is with freeing up rifles from 5-7 more Clones that might need them for other scenes.

Darth Cruel
03-04-2007, 09:53 PM
http://www.hasbro.com/forms/orderform.cfm?prod=Star%20Wars%20Clone%20Commander %2033%20Episode%203&sku=85422

For those who don't mind spending a buck per blaster rifle.

JediTricks
03-04-2007, 10:13 PM
http://www.hasbro.com/forms/orderform.cfm?prod=Star%20Wars%20Clone%20Commander %2033%20Episode%203&sku=85422 (http://www.hasbro.com/forms/orderform.cfm?prod=Star%20Wars%20Clone%20Commander %2033%20Episode%203&sku=85422)

For those who don't mind spending a buck per blaster rifle.
Wow, excellent find! I'm not paying a buck for a rifle myself only because I have a few left from various figures I have around, but hopefully that'll work out for the folks here who still need 'em.

Tycho
03-04-2007, 11:15 PM
That's really cool Darth Cruel! Thanks. I'll have to figure out how many of those I might actually want - at least $5 worth and to be honest - while it's a big overcharge for what it is - it's also not a huge expense either. I might just as soon double that, just in case.

Darth Cruel
03-05-2007, 03:13 PM
I plan to pick some of them up myself. I have been dragging my butt on it, but I will get into gear today or tomorrow. I am actuall planning to get a lot of them. I haven't decided for sure yet, but I am thinking 100-250 of them. It depends on whether the Toyfair pics are accurate. If they are...then some of the future SA Clone releases will come with the long blaster rifles and I won't need to get extras for those.

DarkArtist
03-05-2007, 03:22 PM
I actually tried using the original molded long rifle for the Elite Corps Clone and found that it didn't work as well as the blaster. Might have to try it again with the clone rifle from the Evolutions set.

JediTricks
03-05-2007, 05:17 PM
I actually tried using the original molded long rifle for the Elite Corps Clone and found that it didn't work as well as the blaster. Might have to try it again with the clone rifle from the Evolutions set.Yeah, I had the same thing with the original-mold rifle:

HOWEVER there is a fair reason no rifle, the figure's specialized hands can't hold it for crap in either hand, the left hand's trigger finger can't fit in the guard and the right hand is only cupped at the top fingers.
I don't have the Evo set rifle so you'll have to let us know how that goes.

tagmac
03-07-2007, 12:08 AM
If you can find the Betrayal on Felucia battlepack, you can swap out rifles with the clones there to give the Kashyyk Clones the correct weapons. The rifles that came with the regular clones were not the correct ones as I'd originally thought.

Tycho
03-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Tagmac, I have the Betrayal on Fallucia set. But what weapons did the Clones on Fallucia actually have during the movie? I forgot.

It would seem with many of the swap possibilities, that I'd be incorrectly representing one scene in a trade-off to correctly represent another.

Now I'm hesitant to order because my Kashyyyk Clones might not be able to hold the rifles if Hasbro still sends those out to anyone.

BTW - anyone doing this: can you try those clear bands that Hasbro uses to stick the figures in their packaging? I save every last one of those I get and have this sandwich bag full of them.

figrin bran
03-07-2007, 01:38 AM
Tagmac, I have the Betrayal on Fallucia set. But what weapons did the Clones on Fallucia actually have during the movie? I forgot.

It would seem with many of the swap possibilities, that I'd be incorrectly representing one scene in a trade-off to correctly represent another.

Now I'm hesitant to order because my Kashyyyk Clones might not be able to hold the rifles if Hasbro still sends those out to anyone.

BTW - anyone doing this: can you try those clear bands that Hasbro uses to stick the figures in their packaging? I save every last one of those I get and have this sandwich bag full of them.

in the movie, i believe some of the Felucia clones have rifles and some have the blasters.

if you go by this pic, http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/3/3c/327.jpg
only Bly seemingly has the rifle. the grunts all carry blasters.

Tycho
03-07-2007, 02:18 AM
Thanks Figrin. With that in mind, I might do well to swap guns from Fallucia and I can probably get the others I need from Clone Commanders who I'd likely pose with the blasters anyway.

I believe less is more in my dioramas (especially when we only go so many Wookiee variants) and so I only planned to use 5 Kashyyyk Clones but have 9 now I think.

Of course when I set it up, one will join Gree to attack Yoda for my Order 66 scene of that.

I might give up at least 2 of my current Kashyyyks to the membership here, but I haven't decided yet.

tagmac
03-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks, Figrin. I hadn't had the chance to check the scene out myself yet, but it looks like I could just swap the blasters that came with the Kashyyk Clone with two of the battlepack clones.

Slicker
03-07-2007, 01:24 PM
I guess this just proves that 2 wrongs DO make a right!

jedi master sal
03-07-2007, 04:08 PM
I might give up at least 2 of my current Kashyyyks to the membership here, but I haven't decided yet.

Um, hello buddy, remember me??? I'm asking for those two if you decide to part with them. I still need to get these troopers. They are extremely HTF in my area.

Slicker
03-07-2007, 04:15 PM
CARP!!! I didn't know you still needed any Sal. My Target had 2 on the pegs and since I've got him already I left.

I'll be sure to grab any I see.

JediTricks
03-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Now I'm hesitant to order because my Kashyyyk Clones might not be able to hold the rifles if Hasbro still sends those out to anyone.They can hold them, just not particularly well - they hold a little awkwardly due to the hand poses (the right hand is all but useless).

BTW - anyone doing this: can you try those clear bands that Hasbro uses to stick the figures in their packaging? I save every last one of those I get and have this sandwich bag full of them.I used to do this once in a while, but in the end the weapons and hands would end up warped from the clear-bands.