PDA

View Full Version : Are the Ep 2 figures bigger?

princethomas
02-04-2002, 11:33 AM
Looking at the pics of these figures, they look a little bigger than the standard figures that we all know and love. Is this just me? Im not sure that I like all of the stuff they come with and some of the things that they can do? Anyway my question is are they bigger than normal.
Any help here would be hot.

--Tom

JEDIpartner
02-04-2002, 12:23 PM
The figures are not bigger. I think they just look bigger because the poses are so exaggerated. They are still being listed as the 3 3/4" line on the Hasbro site... if that really means ANYTHING at all. It is pretty difficult to get a proper idea on the scale of these things with all of the accessories and whatnot. Due to computerised precision moulding, they are able to give us cool stuff like the Jango you can take the helmet off of and still have it in the 3 3/4" scale.

princethomas
02-04-2002, 12:38 PM
Hey, thanks for the info. It really would have bothered me if they were different. Even though I dont really combine figures from the different series very much. It would still bother me if we were all of a suddent dealing with a different scale.

JEDIpartner
02-04-2002, 12:40 PM
My sentiments exactly!!!!

droidekas2
02-04-2002, 01:04 PM
I was thinking the same thing today, that these new figures look bigger. It compelled me to register and post my thoughts.

I am a real detail guy and like continuity in a line, especially one as long running as Star Wars.
The issue of the preposed hyper style makes me worry, but over all I can deal with it. What bothers me most is when the proportion of the figures does not carry through and I believe it looks like the new figures are going to be bigger. I will wait and see for my self in person. I hope that it is not the case but it is Hasbro we are talking about.

Will the female Tusken's size over power the males?
Will Jango Fett be bigger than Boba Fett?
Will Plo Koon have grown taller?
R2-D2??

Size does matter.

pthfnder89
02-04-2002, 01:24 PM
I agree with your point Doirdekas2. I dislike the difference in sizes between the POTF2 figures and the new smaller and more detailed POTJ figures. But on the other hand, the POTJ figures are smaller because they are more in scale and quite a bit more accurate than POTF2, which was always kind of wonky. So I can deal with that if it means more detail and accuracy.

As far as Jango and Boba goes, maybe his mothers side of the family has short genes :D

I'm fairly confident the AOTC figs will be pretty much on scale with POTJ.

2-1B
02-04-2002, 02:16 PM
I like to display all of my loose figs together, mingling different films with one another.

It would be very unfortunate if I had to establish an AOTC only area of display. :cry: :confused:

stillakid
02-04-2002, 02:32 PM
It's not the size that matters, it's what you do with it.

Oh, wait, that's not for action figures...:rolleyes:

mark2d2
02-04-2002, 02:51 PM
I don't think we have anything to worry about.

R2D2 looks taller because he's centered in the card. His feet are higher than everybody elses. Check it out sometime. I think part of the deal is that the cards are so very different too, the bubbles drastically altered from what we're used to. And it's creating the illusion of larger sized figures.

Beast
02-04-2002, 03:40 PM
I think the reason alot of you are thinking these figures are a larger scale is due to the fact that we haven't held any in our hands yet. Not to mention the new bubbles being so big. I'm sure that they are the same scale as the POTJ figures, we just can't judge scale with just figure images online. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks