PDA

View Full Version : Question about Battle of Geonosis BP...

Slicker
02-02-2007, 06:14 PM
...what the hell is that ghey little vest that Obi-Wan is wearing?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-02-2007, 07:48 PM
He's a repack of the Clone Wars figure, which also had the bandolier/vest thing.

Slicker
02-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Then why repack the vest is my question? He didn't wear it in the movie so why produce something that doesn't need to be there?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Hasbro? Put effort into a repack? I think not! :D

Same reason they have the Interrogation Droid in the Comic Pack and Tantive IV BP when it doesn't need to be there; for some reason they like to repack figures with the same accessories as its initial release.

El Chuxter
02-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Except in cases where people want the original accessory, that is.

I'm trying to think of an example. Don't hound me.

Phantom-like Menace
02-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Chux, there's no need to give us an example. I think we're all right there with you on that one.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Saw this today at Target. Nothing in it that I wanted or needed. They also had the Dagobah battle pack, which was slightly more tempting, but I passed on that as well.

JEDIpartner
02-14-2007, 01:42 PM
I think most of the battle packs are worth passing on if you've been keeping up.

Kidhuman
02-14-2007, 01:53 PM
I think most of the battle packs are worth passing on if you've been keeping up.

I agree, except for the clone ones.

JEDIpartner
02-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Even with that, I think there are too many clones. Yeah-- I know. I'm one of the handful of people who thinks the number of clones they have produced is ridiculous. LOL

Kidhuman
02-14-2007, 02:18 PM
I agree with you, the clone numbers have gotten out of hand. But to me, 5 clones for 20 bucks aint a bad deal and a good way to army build.

JEDIpartner
02-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Oh, no... I certainly can't argue with you on that point. It's rather obivous that they could've made all the clones white and just been done with it. The addition of designs and colours on their armour was just a way to sell more toys even when the troopers never actually appeared on-screen. They know how easy most of us can be.

Dark Marble
02-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Yep, I was going through my box of clone/troops yesterday and I couldn't believe the rainbow that was sitting in there. I have decided to stop army building and just buy clones and stormies one at a time. It is just too expensive trying to keep up with that many clones.

jjreason
02-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Even with that, I think there are too many clones. Yeah-- I know. I'm one of the handful of people who thinks the number of clones they have produced is ridiculous. LOL

Hear, hear!!!! I was griping about too many clones the other day on a Canadian SW site, and the reply I got was pretty good:

"Begun, the clone backlash has." :D

El Chuxter
02-14-2007, 10:06 PM
That handful is getting larger with every silly recolored Clonetrooper we get in lieu of a Yarna or Teek.

Luckily, in spite of all the recolored Clonetroopers and OT Imperial army-builders with new Jango heads, they still had time to sculpt that "****-kicked-out-of-him p**** Vader." :rolleyes: