PDA

View Full Version : Has a toy theft happened to you?

Tenric78
02-03-2007, 01:03 PM
So I've been waiting to get my Republic Commando internet exclusive pack for awhile now, and about a week or so ago I went on Fed Ex's website and saw that it had arrived, but I never got it... the Fedex guy had left my package at my front door and I live in an usecured apartment complex. So somone basically just saw my package and stole it. I'm so furious and now I've got to go back and forth with Fed Ex and the store I got it from in order to try to get my money back.

Has this happened to anyone else here? What did you do?

I wrote about this in more detail at my blog if you're interested. (http://www.toybender.com/someone-stole-my-toys/)

Darth Jax
02-03-2007, 06:39 PM
i've always been worried about that as well, which is why i always have packages shipped to me at work rather than home.

Tenric78
02-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Man, that's a pretty good idea. I might have to look into doing that.

Kidhuman
02-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Basically there is nothing you can do except file a claim with Fed-Ex. Sorry to hear about this.

JediTricks
02-04-2007, 04:36 AM
That sucks, I've always worried about that possibly happening, especially after xmas cards with checks from grandma for me and my sister were found in the garbage room opened and mangled, that's why I have a mailbox place now. A friend of mine has gotten a sorts of packages left in crappy places like in bushes by the door, in front of his garage, in the rain - it's a totally stupid policy and it's not just Fed-ex who does it!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-04-2007, 11:58 AM
I never understood this policy either. Especially where I live and the weather that we are having currently. Just not a good idea to leave a package on the front door when there could be a foot of snow piled on top of it by the time a person comes home.

Didn't they use to leave it with the neighbors? I remember my neighbors coming over every now and then and leaving us a package because we were not home when the UPS guy came over. I could see a negative with this (especially if you have :bandit: neighbors) but I never complained one bit of this and felt secure knowing our package was in good hands.

UKWildcat
02-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Sorry to hear Tenric 78, that really sucks.

I've never had this problem. We've had the same UPS driver for many years now and he knows that if we aren't home, he can just put the package in the garage (which is against their policy, I believe). It works out really well though. I've never had a problem with Fed-Ex either but if I'm expecting a package and I know I won't be home, especially for an extended period of time, then I'll usually try and get a neighbor to get it off my porch. I've lived at the some location for the better part of 26 years, same with several of my neighbors, so most of the time its not a problem to get one of them to pick it up. Same goes for oversized packages from USPS.

2-1B
02-04-2007, 01:04 PM
December 1997, a few days before New Year's, my car was broken into at work (smashed window) and my Nikes and Shadows Chewie figure were stolen...I have a copy of the police blotter from the paper which actually refers to "a Chewbacca action figure" being stolen.

Kidhuman
02-04-2007, 01:28 PM
The UPS policy is that in low crime areas they can leave the package on a doorstep. Dont know Fed-Ex's policy though. I used to think they left them at neighbors houses also.

2-1B
02-04-2007, 01:30 PM
All UPS employees* are criminals, so that's a bit of an oxymoron.

*especially JimJam

DarthQuack
02-04-2007, 01:33 PM
i've always been worried about that as well, which is why i always have packages shipped to me at work rather than home.

I started doing the same thing...lot more safe and since I'm at a 24 hour TV station, people are always there.

Tenric78
02-04-2007, 02:02 PM
For those who have mentioned leaving it with my neighbors... I live in a pretty shady apartment complex, so if it was left with any of my neighbors it might as well be considered stolen. I used to live in a place that my neighbors and I would always get each others packages and it wasn't a problem. Too bad I live a few thousand miles away from there now.

I've heard from someone that it isn't FedEx's policy to just leave a package sitting out... so I guess it might be the delievery man. I just talked to a friend of mine and he said his g/f ordered this babycrib for her sister and the huge box was taken in the same manner... FedEx eventually settled and gave her the money, but it was MONTHS afterward.

Luuuuuuke
02-04-2007, 05:45 PM
I've never had a package stolen--to my knowledge. But back when the ROTS Clone Commander(the red one) first came out, I got 3 in an eBay auction and they never arrived. The seller ended up refunding me the money, no questions asked. For all I know it was stolen, but there was no way for me to win.

I rarely worry about stuff being stolen because we have a gate around our house. But when I got the NECA Balrog, whoever brought it left it on the driveway, just inside the gate. That was bad.

CaptainSolo1138
02-05-2007, 07:59 AM
I have a copy of the police blotter from the paper which actually refers to "a Chewbacca action figure" being stolen.Awesome, every home should have one.

scruffziller
02-08-2007, 02:18 PM
I had some SW figs stolen from me when I was a kid at school.:cry:

CaptainSolo1138
02-09-2007, 07:44 AM
A baby once ate the head of my Tatooine Padme:mad: :mad: :mad:

scruffziller
02-09-2007, 07:56 AM
My brother, when he was 4, flushed a number of my friends SW figs down the toilet because we wouldn't let him play with them.:D

bobafrett
02-09-2007, 08:24 AM
My girlfriend claims to haven taken one of my figures as a sort of mind game she is playing. I think she's just messing with me, but with over 600 figures, how does one know if she really did take one?

CaptainSolo1138
02-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Steal all of her bras. Your figure will show up in no time.:thumbsup:

Tenric78
02-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Wow, there's some crazy stories in here. A baby ate a head of a figure??? Someone dumped figures down the toilet??

DarkArtist
02-09-2007, 06:58 PM
the same thing actually happened to me when I lived in Boston. While coming home from school one day I walked into the front door and noticed someone holding a box under their arm. I walked up to get my mail and just happened to glance at the box and saw that it was addressed to me.
This guy who lived on the first floor was basically stealing people's mail since most of the time people were recieved care packages from home. he started to walk away with my package and I asked him if he needed help carrying the package. he said no and started to almost run down the hall towards his door, so I chased after him and tackled him to the floor. He acted all surprised and asked why I was attacking him, it was then that I told him that I was the guy he was stealing from. I called the landlord and the police and had the guy taken away by Boston's finest.
I told my parents what had happened and that was the last time they sent me a care package to school. I was really glad that I caught the guy in the act since my parents sent me money for rent. oh and there were toys as well, my mom had found the entire Comm-Tech wave for me and sent them up to me for my birthday.

Tenric78
02-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Great story. I wish I could have caught the guy that got mine!

Slicker
02-09-2007, 07:40 PM
I've never had anyone steal but since I moved into this new complex they leave packages just leaning on my door. It's not the best method, especially since Fed-Ex and UPS take 'em to the office. Why can't the USPS?

Tenric78
02-09-2007, 11:48 PM
I think it depends on the dude that brings the package. I have never had a problem with USPS, but Fedex is the one that screwed me. If you ship with signature confirmation that should solve the problem with USPS.