PDA

View Full Version : Cinescape: Jar Jar and the Kouhuns

Lord Tenebrous
02-04-2002, 11:42 AM
Thought I'd alert you guys to two different articles...

1) Jar Jar's Relapse - link (http://www.cinescape.com/24/Editorial.asp?this_cat=Prequel+News&obj_id=32527&aff_id=24)

Anakin is in the room near Jar Jar while Padmé and Dormé are getting their luggage and things together. Padmé turns to Jar Jar and says, "Representative Binks. I know I can count on you." This is where we see the old Jar Jar for a second. He looks at her and says, "Yousa betchen mesa bottums."

Padmé is sort of amused and blurts out, "What?!" Jar Jar then tries to cover up and clears his throat. He pompously continues saying, "Oh, pardon-ay, Senator. I am honored to accept this heavy burden. I take on this responsibility with deep humility tinged with an overwhelming pride. It is not every day that I am called upon to..."

This is where he's cut off as Padmé gives him a hug and kiss on the cheek, as Jar Jar blushes. Padmé tells Jar Jar, "You're a good friend, Jar Jar. I don't wish to hold you up. I'm sure you have a great deal to do."

"Of course, M'lady."

A quirky scene. TPM didn't have those. It shall be enjoyed. :)

2) Picture of the Kouhuns

I'm not going to link because the source of the image is hosted by a malicious 'fan' by the name of Darth Psychotic. But that doesn't mean that you can't have your cake and eat it, too. Sort of look like mealworms with death sticks, I mean legs.

2-1B
02-04-2002, 02:24 PM
Great scene with Jar Jar ! I hope it turns out well. I get the impression that he is really trying to contribute, and Padme seems very compassionate in cutting him off and sparing him the babble. It has potential. :)

Thanks for the link, Lord Tenebrous!

2-1B
02-04-2002, 02:28 PM
I always liked the idea of the Kouhuns, I just hope it does not come off as silly. If the right tone is set, it could really allow for a tense scene. I like the idea of an organic threat, and this might allow the audience to connect with thoughts of real poisonous insects, snakes, etc.

Wow, I have been trying to withold most of my excitement, but I am really pumped for this movie. :D

JetsAndHeels
02-04-2002, 02:36 PM
I am pumped for it too, Caesar!!
The Kouhuns look freaky. I know if I woke up and saw them in my room I would probably go nuts.
But I probably wouldnt wake up, since I dont have an R2 unit to sound an alarm.
So I would be dead.
Wait a minute.... my name is Jango Fett. I am dead!!

Beast
02-04-2002, 04:09 PM
I love the Jar Jar scene, shows in the 10 years since TPM he has really grown and matured, even learning more proper basic. Nice to see that he still has his old self inside that slips out on occassion. :)

The Kouhuns centipeds are pretty creepy. Nice to see that someone in the Star Wars universe, Zam Wesell in this case has figured that it doesn't always take guns to get the job done. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
02-05-2002, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
So I would be dead.
Wait a minute.... my name is Jango Fett. I am dead!!

"you will be . . . YOU WILL BE . . . "
--Yoda--

JediTricks
02-05-2002, 11:03 AM
Great... a Jar Jar butt reference... thank you so much George & Rick McC. :frus:

Beast
02-05-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Great... a Jar Jar butt reference... thank you so much George & Rick McC. :frus:

Oh come on, it's not that bad. And it could have been much worse. As we see he did grow up and mature, he just on occassion slips into his old manner of speaking. I like that idea, makes him a more intresting charecter. He's trying to adapt to fit in better. How much you wanna bet that Anakin and Obi-Wan are amazed by the now distinguished Representitive Binks. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
02-06-2002, 12:42 AM
He's referring to his RUMP! Do you want to think about Jar Jar's rump?!? I sure don't. There could be any sort of cutesy-pie junk they could have had him say that wasn't this. Sure, it could be worse, but it could be better too.

GNT
02-06-2002, 03:18 AM
Those Kouhuns are pretty freaky :eek: Its going to be a cool scene.

Co Jo-Da
02-06-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Padmé turns to Jar Jar and says, "Representative Binks. I know I can count on you." This is where we see the old Jar Jar for a second. He looks at her and says, "Yousa betchen mesa bottums."

Padmé is sort of amused and blurts out, "What?!" Jar Jar then tries to cover up and clears his throat. He pompously continues saying, "Oh, pardon-ay, Senator. I am honored to accept this heavy burden. I take on this responsibility with deep humility tinged with an overwhelming pride. It is not every day that I am called upon to..."

This will probably be Jar Jar's biggest scene in the movie and it's too bad because he's all grown up...

As for the Kouhuns, they bring a whole new meaning to the term "Don't let the bed bugs bit." I know they have me freaked out, big time...

Lord Tenebrous
02-18-2002, 11:50 AM
Here's some more exposition, after the Jar Jar scene, this time for Episode-X.

Padme is in a very bad mood.
“I do not like this idea of hiding,” she declares to Anakin after Jar Jar has left. “Don’t worry,” he replies, “now that the Council has ordered an investigation, it won’t take Master Obi-Wan long to find that bounty hunter.”
But Padme is frustrated with the turn of events and the Jedi‘s decision for her to return to Naboo. She had worked for nearly a year to defeat the Military Creation Act and now she has to leave at a crucial time when its fate is to be decided in the Senate.
“Sometimes we have to let go of our pride and do what is requested of us,” says Anakin. But this has not helped Padme’s frustration and instead the talk turns into an argument.
“Pride?!?” questions Padme, annoyed by his remarks. She does believe that Anakin has a firm grip on politics and is way too young to understand the situation. She quickly and sharply replies, “I suggest you reserve your opinions for some other time.”
Anakin sorrowfully tries to mend the wound he has created, “I was only trying to…” but Padme stops him short: “Annie, no!”
“Please don’t call me that.”
“What?” questions Padme.
“Annie…”
“I’ve always called you that.” She looks at him intently, “It is your name, isn’t it?”
“It’s Anakin. When you say Annie it’s like I’m still a little boy, “ he pauses, “and I’m not.”
“I’m sorry, Anakin,” says Padme, looking him over, “It’s impossible to deny you’ve...” she pauses, smiling at him “…that you’ve grown up.”
“Master Obi-Wan manages not to see it…”
“Mentors have a way of seeing more of our faults than we would like,” replies Padme. “It’s the only way we grow.”

Well, in Anakin's defense...it is a pretty silly nickname.

Co Jo-Da
02-18-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
But Padme is frustrated with the turn of events and the Jedi‘s decision for her to return to Naboo. She had worked for nearly a year to defeat the Military Creation Act and now she has to leave at a crucial time when its fate is to be decided in the Senate.

If that is true, it goes along way to explain why Palpatine/Dooku want her die...