PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Federline's Superbowl Commercial Has Fast Food Industry Up In Arms

Tycho
02-04-2007, 03:59 PM
OK, to start, an insurance company has Kevin Federline performing and then waking up from a day dream to discover he's the French Fry Guy in a fast food joint.

The restaurant industry is fuming over what it perceives as an insult to 12 million Americans or so that work in McDonald's and such institutions (they could have always gone to Iraq).

But what I don't get is why the milk shake guy isn't upset he doesn't have celebrity representation! Where's Vanilla Ice?

How about the hamburger micro-waver? Bring out Mac Daddy.

Not even remotely on screen is the illegal immigrant that cleans the bathroom who might've been performed by Eric Estrada.

I see the restaurant association's point!

Luuuuuuke
02-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Working at fast food joint sux, man. That commercial got it right. It's a starter job, but if you're up there in years and you're still dunking fries in boiling oil by your late 20s to 30s, you messed up somewhere down the road.

So I don't get the Restaurant association's beef, no pun intended. They need to have a sense of humor. Besides, they're the jerks who help make those jobs have such a bad reputation. They get rich by working their employees hard, giving them crap benefits and paying them caca.

Their 12 million employees should be angry at them, not a commercial.

Slicker
02-04-2007, 04:45 PM
All it takes is a sense of humor.

When I initially saw the commercial I took it as "K-Fed" taking a jab at HIMSELF and NOT at the fast food industry. People just love to f**king complain no matter what it is anymore.

Besides, if you work fast food you KNOW you're the butt of jokes so it doesn't matter. Why not let the minimum wage fast food workers decide if it's offensive instead of the millionair that "represents" them.:rolleyes:

I've said it before and I'll DEFINITELY say it many more times: I hate people.

Jargo
02-04-2007, 05:56 PM
peopes is peoples and sometimes peoples they.... and peoples with... so peoples they... *shrug*

Tycho
02-04-2007, 09:18 PM
I saw the commercial and it was funny. It was really low key in terms of anything that could be construed as offensive. I had to remind myself there was some faction protesting this. :rolleyes:

People make a big deal about everything.

Slicker
02-04-2007, 09:25 PM
People make a big deal about everything.Exactly. That's the smartest thing you've ever said. ;)

Kidhuman
02-04-2007, 09:29 PM
There was nothing wrong with this commercial. If it was just a regular Joe instead of the rapper formely known as Mr. Spears, nothing would have been said

UKWildcat
02-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Exactly kh. I'm not a fan of K Fed (or whatever) but I liked the commerical too.

JimJamBonds
02-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Meh it didn't seem all that bad PLUS if you consider the running joke that actors have all worked in the restaurant field at some point I think most people need to calm the f down.

Tycho
02-05-2007, 05:49 AM
In Spider-Man, MaryJane worked at a retaurant as a waitress while she was trying to become an actress.

I didn't hear anyone complaining about Kirsten Dunst and I bet that movie was seen by even more people than were paying attention to K-Fed's insurance commercial.

El Chuxter
02-05-2007, 10:39 AM
First, who cares?

Second, who's Mac Daddy?

Tycho
02-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Second, who's Mac Daddy?

I don't know. I just used a name that sounded both similar to Big Mac and like one a black celebrity would use like P-Diddy who I think used to be Puff Daddy or something else like that which I'd naturally look down upon (either because I'm a racist, or because it advertises either drug use or misogyny - the latter of which, though I support, I do not advertise via a public relations campaign).

2-1B
02-05-2007, 06:09 PM
I thought this was going to be an Onion-like thread, as in the restaurant industry is apalled because they would never be so foolish as to hire a deadbeat like KFed.

Kidhuman
02-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Wasnt Mac Daddy one of those 8 year olds from Criss Cross?

2-1B
02-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Daddy Mac will make you Jump Jump.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Which one was the Mac Daddy, and which one was the Daddy Mac?

And where are Puff Doggy, Ice Daddy, 2Fat, and the Notorious P.I.G.?

El Chuxter
02-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Caesar, I somehow blurred your post and signature together for a nonexistent quote of the day, then I realized it wasn't one sentence and maybe I should get some sleep.

What I thought it said:

"Sorry, your account does not have permission to jump, jump."

2-1B
02-06-2007, 12:28 AM
That's actually true, Chux, your account does not have permission to jump, jump.