PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Legends Showdown

Phantom-like Menace
02-05-2007, 12:00 AM
I know this former Toy Biz line has died; it is an ex-line. However, there were several figures in the fourth series that a lot of people were clamoring for. The Invisible Woman, Cyclops, Venom, and Thor were on a lot of people's must-buy lists.

Even if it's exclusive to the hasbrotoyshop website, it would be awesome if we could get maybe a boxed set with the series four figures (Cyclops, Invisible Woman, Venom, Daredevil, Thor--I think that's all). This would at least give those of us who tried to stick with that line some closure.

DarkArtist
02-05-2007, 06:28 PM
is this that series where the figures were small and it was a game where you can have the Punisher vs the Hulk ? If so then yeah it was a cool series but expensive. only saw these figures at a hobby shop and each one was $15.

Phantom-like Menace
02-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Yeah, those are the figures I'm talking about.

All of the series up to and including three were released for general retail, showed up at Taget, Wal-Mart, TRU, etc. Four was only picked up distributors to comic book shops, so they were extremely difficult to find.

I don't know that anyone ever played the game that came with them, and collectors begged that the figures be released without it, but the figures were great scale with the larger BAFs, Galactus, Sentinel, and Apocalypse.

There are a lot of people who got Mr. Fantastic, Thing, and Human Torch only to never be able to get Series four Invisible Woman. As much as we like to joke that she's there just invisible, the joke is getting old. And Cyclops and Venom were high on my list of desired figures.