PDA

View Full Version : My Toy Room Pics

sjd9299
02-06-2007, 09:28 AM
I posted this on the "Getting all the Vintage" thread but I wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to see it.

Its finally done! The Toy Room is finally presentable. Here is the link to my web site. Click on the Toy Room link to see the toys. To see all of the pictures you need to click on the big Toy Room picture (some people were not doing that). Be sure to explore the rest of my site.

http://www.jamestownpublicschools.org/washington/faculty/sdinapoli/about%20me%20toy%20collecting.htm

DarthQuack
02-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Very impressive toy room, thanks for making me jealous! :yes:

JON9000
02-10-2007, 08:48 AM
that's a bunch of toys!

DarkArtist
02-10-2007, 01:11 PM
"Impressive....... Most Impressive."

great pics that's what I would like to do someday with my collection. once I have a house with some room (one bedroom apartments don't offer alot of space).

Kidhuman
02-10-2007, 02:08 PM
My god, that room is a museum of vintage toys. How much is admission to it?

Slicker
02-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Friggin amazing!!

I love the carded figures you have!! Very nice and very nicely displayed too.:thumbsup:

sjd9299
02-10-2007, 09:54 PM
My god, that room is a museum of vintage toys. How much is admission to it?

Thats what I want to do. Do you think it would fly? How far would you drive? How much would you pay? I of course have so much more that would go in it. There is still 2 sheads and 3 attics left full of my collection that has no place to be displayed.

sjd9299
02-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Friggin amazing!!

I love the carded figures you have!! Very nice and very nicely displayed too.:thumbsup:

They look good in the pictures but trust me only a few of them are in good shape.

Slicker
02-10-2007, 10:28 PM
They look good in the pictures but trust me only a few of them are in good shape.
It's the principle of it all. I always love looking at carded vintage collections. The bright colors and great pictures always do it for me.

Kidhuman
02-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Maybe you sould look into getting a building. Look for some business permits and such. Ther eis a toy museum by me, but I havent gone to it to see what it looks like. A few years back it ws 8 dollars admission.

bobafrett
02-11-2007, 12:02 AM
I've had to pack away some of my bedroom to make room for my girlfriends dresser. I do like your collection KH.

So far 8 45 gallon totes of games and toys, almost all Star Wars. :cry:

Bel-Cam Jos
02-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Here's some background info first:

Near where I live, there's a house I call the "turret house." It's on a hill that overlooks the valley where we're at, with other houses in an older section of town. There is a top level, circular, with windows at 360 degrees. It looks really cool, despite the overgrowth that frequently grows all around it. I've loved it for years, and $aid if it ever goe$ on $ale or I win enough money to offer to buy it from the owner$ (fat chance in CA), I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Second, in my backyard, I have an above-ground pool that gets very little usage anymore. I takes up about 1/3 of the yard. I was thinking of removing the pool and building (uh, having professionals build, that is :rolleyes: ) a "turret" of my own. Either attached to the house or a separate one, two story (have to check local zones if that's acceptable here), all for my SW collection. I have a few other toy lines, but nothing to the extent of SW. Besides, it'd be a great place to watch sun-rises/-sets or read a book, because I want to have the circular north-facing window follow the pattern of Palpatine's throne room window in ROJ, if possible. :eek:

If I ever get to that crazy of a stage, SSGers will be among the first to know! :D

vader121
02-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Wow! It's stepping back into time after a shopping spree at Child World or something. Dude, I hope you have insurance.

Slicker
02-14-2007, 04:16 PM
If I ever get to that crazy of a stage, SSGers will be among the first to know! :DI want a Millenium Falcon house.

jjreason
03-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Just make sure you watch your head when you come home juiced - many fine folks have bumped theirs going in and out of that rickity bucket of bolts and I'd hate to see you dealing with post-concussion syndrome.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-12-2007, 03:41 AM
FANTASTIC! Looking at those pictures sure brought back great memories of the late 70's early 80's! I wish I could go back sometimes!

Thanks for sharing! :yes:

sjd9299
04-03-2007, 05:58 PM
My collection was featured on our local news for a segment called V.I.P. Chautauqua. VIP stand for Very Interesting People and Chautauqua is the county I live in. Here is a link:
http://www.jamestownpublicschools.org/washington/faculty/sdinapoli/Movies%20main.htm
While you are there check out some of my other movies.

Kidhuman
04-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Dude, that was awesome. Congrats on it.

jonthejedi
04-04-2007, 05:57 AM
Vader said it best: "Impressive, most impressive." I am blessed that I have a fully carpeted basement/rec room where my wife allows me to indulge my passion. I told Steve Sansweet at CIII what's the point if you don't have the ability to actually look at & touch your beloved collection(most everything except some playsets & vehicles from 1995 on. I always feel bad that so many SW collectors have to pack it all up as soon as they score something.