PDA

View Full Version : Leaning Clones

Snowtrooper
02-06-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm sure you've all noticed by now how all of the clones lean to their right when standing them up(Utapau, Sargeant, 442nd, 5th Fleet, Combat Engineer). So whats the deal with this? They are supposed to be repaints of the EIII#41 clone, which doesn't have this problem. I opened up the Combat Engineer last night and the right leg is shorter by almost 1/4in. I can understand this happening once in awhile, but every one is like this. Has anybody heard anything about this?

Luuuuuuke
02-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Interesting.. I've only noticed it with the new Combat Engineer. Maybe it's because most of them are right handed, and so that's where they carry their gun, and well, you know, gravity....

Who am I kidding? I have no idea why this would be the case. I'm going to examine a set of them this evening and see if I can figure out a better answer. Maybe they lean to the right because they're Republicans.. you know, the old Republic?... Alright, another bad joke.

Interesting question though, seriously.

Snowtrooper
02-07-2007, 06:00 PM
The Combat Engineer is the worst by far. You could just tell on the Sargeant, and with a little bit of repositioning of the left leg you can't see the lean at all. The rest all lean no matter how hard you try repositioning the legs. Makes em look rather odd.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-07-2007, 06:06 PM
The upper legs on the #41 and its repaints (and the Evolutions one too, I think) are all from the 2003 Clone Wars Clone Trooper, from what I can tell. You can see that the left leg is "sharper" near the hip and goes up a little bit higher than the right, which may be contributing to the problem. I think they should've completely redone the clone when they did it for ROTS (they gave it a new torso and lower legs, but I'm not sure about the rest - look at the small elbow pad on the left arm compared to the right).

The AT-TE Tank Gunner and his repaints have a similar problem, but it's worse on them.

Luuuuuuke
02-07-2007, 10:46 PM
The upper legs on the #41 and its repaints (and the Evolutions one too, I think) are all from the 2003 Clone Wars Clone Trooper, from what I can tell.

You're exactly right Mr. JabbaJohnL. I finally checked and the Evolutions and #41 clones all have right leg-hip joints that seem to be "cut" at a sharper angle, whereas the left one is more rounded. If you look at both joints, you can see more black space between the leg joint and hip on the right side.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-08-2007, 01:26 AM
I didn't seem to notice much of a problem on mine, but I'll take another look tomorrow. I did notice it on the Endor Luke that I just opened up. I put him on his stand and the right leg was in the air. After some manipulation, I got it on the ground, but it seems his right leg was back a bit.

abell748
02-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Hasbro's quality control on matters such as this is why I don't open a bunch of stuff. Now that I know I will stare at my short-limbed Clone Engineer and wonder what other birth defects the cloning process caused them (besides the cross-eyes on the AT-TE gunner).

Kidhuman
02-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Stop feeding it a steady diet of alcohol and they wont lean.

DarkArtist
02-08-2007, 10:18 AM
I have never noticed the lean but all of my figures are boxed up right now as I have no room to display them. The last time I had them out in a formation display was a few weeks ago just to see how many I had of each trooper.

Snowtrooper
02-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Hasbro's quality control on matters such as this is why I don't open a bunch of stuff. Now that I know I will stare at my short-limbed Clone Engineer and wonder what other birth defects the cloning process caused them (besides the cross-eyes on the AT-TE gunner).
I suppose they don't even bother to take a few out of the package just to see if they put em together right.

JediTricks
02-09-2007, 10:13 PM
None of mine are "just" standing neutrally, every one I've put into a pose so I can't tell. There's a sculpting asymmetry in the head sculpt, so I wouldn't be surprised if the legs were the same way.