PDA

View Full Version : Anna Nicole Smith dead

mabudonicus
02-08-2007, 04:03 PM
No Link, she just is, wanted to be the first to post some news of some kind someday- I'll get it erased if I'm wrong... and I don't even care, actually, either way, but if it's true I will never have to see her on TV again nuff said
:beard:Isobaws&

Slicker
02-08-2007, 04:04 PM
I saw it over on Yahoo! news and didn't bother to post it since I figured KH'd beat me to it.

Apparently she was found non-responsive (read: she probably OD'd)

Phantom-like Menace
02-08-2007, 04:17 PM
And the world has lost absolutely nothing.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, silicone to silicon.

CaptainSolo1138
02-08-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm sure someone cares, but its not me. I do, however, feel bad for her six month old kid.

jjreason
02-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Sad. I'm sure this will turn out to be a suicide..... which is totally selfish. Poor infant, I agree.

Damn, she was hot at one point though. Crikey.

vader121
02-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Well, she was good in The Naked Gun. :lipsrsealed:

Seriously though, death is always sad. Overdose?

El Chuxter
02-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Didn't see this coming, but I'll go with the consensus and say "overdose."

plasticfetish
02-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Well, that train wreck took a long enough time to grind to a hault. I'm sort of hoping that they'll open her up and find Courtney Love crammed in their like some kind of dumb blond turducken (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turducken). (Wait... did I just write that?)

Phantom-like Menace
02-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Well, that train wreck took a long enough time to grind to a hault. I'm sort of hoping that they'll open her up and find Courtney Love crammed in their like some kind of dumb blond turducken (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turducken). (Wait... did I just write that?)

That was very wrong, but I'm going to laugh like an idiot every time I think of that post for the next week.

mabudonicus
02-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Following the link you posted PF(just checking if you were goin out with a bang ;)) you actually described more of a "Churkey", to be a turducken, Gary Coleman would have to be found inside Courtney...

:beard: :ducks: Isobaws&

plasticfetish
02-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Coleman... ouch!!

Anna Nicole > Courney Love > Paris Hilton

LusiferSam
02-08-2007, 04:58 PM

Darn you PF. That's got to be the funnest thing I've read all week. The only problem is I need to give a small talk in a hour and am now likely to burst out laughing in the middle of it because of that comment. Darn that's funny. lol :p lol

mabudonicus
02-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Sorry PF, I ruined the theme with Coleman- I kinda imagined he'd be hidin out there, away from the cameras :beard: Isobaws&

BountyHunterScum
02-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Didn't see this coming, but I'll go with the consensus and say "overdose."

I did see this coming one hundred miles away, after her son died she nose dived like John Denver. No big loss one less ***** to worry about. Now if only various other hollywood *****s would follow suit the world would be a better place.

El Chuxter
02-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Dude, that's not fair.

John Denver's nosedive was an accident. And he'll always be missed.

pbarnard
02-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Dude, that's not fair.

John Denver's nosedive was an accident. And he'll always be missed.

No, that's what happens when you fly an experimental aircraft while Rocky Mountain high.

How much you want to be the Trimspa diet created some sort of heart defect probably due to arrhythmia?

And I don't feel bad for her latest spawn. There's a chance that it will be raised by something only dumb enough to sleep with her, and not her.

El Chuxter
02-08-2007, 05:15 PM
I just read the article... Dude, she was only 39?

It seems like she's been this crazy, once hot, now fuggletastic, former model since the day I was born.

Kidhuman
02-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Wow, first I heard about htis. Sad news indeed. Maybe she choked on a trimspa baby

JEDIpartner
02-08-2007, 06:06 PM
My reaction was... "Jeez-- what took so long?" It's always sad that someone passes but the girl really has the award for least unexpected tragic death.

She was pretty much the mistress of bad decisions. Well, at least her daughter might have a better chance of having a full and drama-free life. Bless.

DarthBrandon
02-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Who give's a F%$#, I couldn't stand this crazy B$#@& anyways. For the record I don't wish any of these nutbars any harm, but really why do we even give some of them the time of day is beyond me.:tired:

Jargo
02-08-2007, 08:36 PM
lalalala lalala lalalala lalala...... NEXT!

decadentdave
02-08-2007, 08:55 PM
You people are sick. Have you no decency or respect for the dead? Shame on you. Your time will come. Don't forget that.

2-1B
02-08-2007, 10:13 PM
I think it's sad when a mother dies so young.

bobafrett
02-08-2007, 10:48 PM
I heard her breast implants are going to be used as flotation devices on airplanes, so her death might save other lives!

Bye Bye Anna.

Phantom-like Menace
02-09-2007, 12:00 AM
You people are sick. Have you no decency or respect for the dead? Shame on you. Your time will come. Don't forget that.

I'm a big fan of the idea that you are in death what you made of yourself in life. If your life was a joke, your death will be a joke.

Luuuuuuke
02-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Huh, my funny bone must be out of whack cause I didn't think there was anything funny about her dying. She was a whacked out woman, that's for sure. But she had a little baby, and to me, it's just kind of sad.

Phantom-like Menace
02-09-2007, 02:18 AM
The only thing about this is that no one is going to be laughing when we see Bill Maher's Halloween costume this year.

DarthQuack
02-09-2007, 02:27 AM
I agree with some of what others say about everyone poking fun at her. Sure she was a nutcase, but her one son was killed not too long ago and how a baby grows up without his/her mother and that is just horrible. I work in the news and hear terror stories everyday, just cause some crazy girl from Hollywood ODed or what not doesn't give us the right to trample on her.

CaptainSolo1138
02-09-2007, 07:33 AM
but her one son was killedIt was suicide, not murder.

What really grinds me most about this whole mess is how much attention its getting in the media. A week ago she was just another "celebutard" who only got attention when she showed up drunk/high/whacked out of her f**king mind to an interview or appearance otherwise. Now she's the top story on CNN? And her death is "tragic" and "shocking"?! And they ask Clint Eastwood his opinion on the matter?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

mabudonicus
02-09-2007, 07:58 AM
"celebutard"

Not to go too far off topic, but THAT term there needs to be adopted across the board, great shot Cappy :beard:Isobaws&

scruffziller
02-09-2007, 08:09 AM
You know in time they will put her on a pedestal like Marylin Monroe, and she won't deserve it.

CaptainSolo1138
02-09-2007, 08:58 AM
You know in time they will put her on a pedestal like Marylin Monroe, and she won't deserve it.I've already heard the comparisons and they pretty much make me sick. Usually I'd say to myself, "Time will tell", but that is not necessary. Marilyn was actually somebody while she was alive, even if it was for taggin' the president. Regardless, she was know for much more than showing up to events on horse tranquilizers.

Tycho
02-09-2007, 09:24 AM
OK, let me get a few things straight. (I'm just checking):

1) Her older son (around his late teens I think?) committed suicide while he's the heir to millions?

2) Anna-Nicole Smith over-dosed on drugs while she had enough to afford any kind of treatment, and (if drugs are recreational) any OTHER kind of recreation - from sky diving lessons to space shuttle flights (fill in your favorite exotic you'd waste money on if you had unlimited amounts of it)?

3) And she just had a newborn baby that she needed to be a mother to, for a different kind of reason to live?

OK. I'm just checking. She should have stuck around to host a talk show and have Captain Lisa Nowak as her newest celebrity guest star!

JEDIpartner
02-09-2007, 09:33 AM

I never had any respect for her when she was alive, so what's to change?

I think it's sad when a mother dies so young.

She clearly wasn't much of a mother.

JEDIpartner
02-09-2007, 09:35 AM
She was a whacked out woman, that's for sure. But she had a little baby, and to me, it's just kind of sad.

I think it was sad that she had a baby, too. :yes:

how a baby grows up without his/her mother and that is just horrible.

I think the baby will be better off, actually.

I think, if you're going to shed tears for anyone, cry for the mothers and children who are going about their daily lives in a marketplace when a car bomb goes off. That's so much more tragic than someone who clearly wasn't fit to survive in the first place.

CaptainSolo1138
02-09-2007, 09:58 AM
OK, let me get a few things straight. (I'm just checking):

1) Her older son (around his late teens I think?) committed suicide while he's the heir to millions?According to CNN, he wasn't the heir to s**t, since she was broke as a joke. That's why she was hawing TrimSpa (baby!). All of her money was spent on legal fees over the course of the lasy few years.

Jargo
02-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Marilyn Monroe was a victim of the Hollywood system same as Judy garland. They both met unfortunate deaths but actually contributed much to society in the way of good solid entertainment. Anna Nicole was just a scheming moose who craved riches and would stop at nothing to get them. while Marilyn and Judy earned their places in the hall of fame Anna Nicole is only fit to join the bozos in the hall of notoriety. where Paris Hilton and anyone else famous for Paparazzi chasing will end up.

Hopefully Anna Nicole's child will be placed with parents who will give her a normal stable upbringing and never mention her birth mother and spare the child humiliation at being sprung from the womb of someone with such non existent morals and a complete lack of regard for anyone but herself.

JimJamBonds
02-09-2007, 11:14 AM
MEH! I feel bad for her kid who lost her mother but other then that I never thought much of her.

Tenric78
02-09-2007, 11:22 AM
I don't like talking bad about the dead, except if its Hitler. This news is more shocking than anything else. Although, I did have teh hots for her when I was in highschool.

JEDIpartner
02-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Hopefully Anna Nicole's child will be placed with parents who will give her a normal stable upbringing and never mention her birth mother and spare the child humiliation at being sprung from the womb of someone with such non existent morals and a complete lack of regard for anyone but herself.

I knew I could count on you!!!! :love:

El Chuxter
02-09-2007, 11:50 AM
I don't like talking bad about the dead, except if its Hitler.

What about Nixon, or Stalin?

I wasn't trying to make fun with my earlier comments. I merely meant that I honestly did not realize she was only 39, as she was a washed-up has-been for as long as I can remember. Her death does not change the fact that she was a washed-up has-been for most of her life.

And it certainly does not warrant any frigging news coverage. Mention it, maybe show a picture, and get on to the real news! Christ, did no one die in Iraq yesterday? Because, watching the news, it seems like they didn't.

Luuuuuuke
02-09-2007, 12:24 PM
I think, if you're going to shed tears for anyone, cry for the mothers and children who are going about their daily lives in a marketplace when a car bomb goes off. That's so much more tragic than someone who clearly wasn't fit to survive in the first place.

That's a red herring argument. No one says they're crying for Anna Nicole Smith, and of course there's infinitely greater tragedies and wrongs going on in the world. It's apples and oranges.

But I'm not going to say the equivalent of, "Good, she's dead. The world is a better place. Ha ha ha!" cause she died. She had a screwed up life and in the end I think people are responsible for their conduct, but she used to be a stripper, and strippers are notorious for having had dysfunctional, ##@#% up childhoods.

So by all means don't mourn for her, but people shouldn't gloat cause she died either. That's meanspirited. I bet there's a lot of us here with all kinds of dysfunctions. We're friggin adults who devote a not insignificant chunk of our lives to collecting action figures for god's sake! Who died and made us the very mod cool?:D

Tenric78
02-09-2007, 12:24 PM
What about Nixon, or Stalin?

I wasn't trying to make fun with my earlier comments. I merely meant that I honestly did not realize she was only 39, as she was a washed-up has-been for as long as I can remember. Her death does not change the fact that she was a washed-up has-been for most of her life.

And it certainly does not warrant any frigging news coverage. Mention it, maybe show a picture, and get on to the real news! Christ, did no one die in Iraq yesterday? Because, watching the news, it seems like they didn't.

Well there are others that fall into the category of people that are inherently evil, like Pol Pot, Stalin... but for some reason I don't put Nixon in that bunch. Yeah, I think he was a royal jerk like everyone else, but I'm not going to put him in the same ranks as a dictator responsible for the deaths of millions. Maybe that's a political stance that I'm going to get flamed about though.

What news do you watch? Every day there are reports that someone in Iraq dies. I too think this is a move on news item. It's big news though, because she was a celebrity and not just any kind either, she was a messed up celebrity. People eat that garbage up. That's the way it works. They report on crap the majority of people with brains don't care about, like you and me.

CaptainSolo1138
02-09-2007, 12:38 PM
What news do you watch?CNN Headline News, Fox News and MSNBC. All three covered it for several hours.
Every day there are reports that someone in Iraq dies.But can you name them, much less see their face on TV for two hours while people speculate why they might have died?
I too think this is a move on news item. It's big news though, because she was a celebrity and not just any kind either, she was a messed up celebrity. People eat that garbage up. That's the way it works. They report on crap the majority of people with brains don't care about, like you and me.I agree. As pathetic as she was, as the rest of the living (God knows why) celebutards are, people for some reason give these @$$hats the time of day. Unless you have a sex tape coming out, don't bother me.

El Chuxter
02-09-2007, 12:41 PM
None of the local broadcasts mentioned anything except this and the stink over Nancy Pelosi's plane yesterday evening.

Seriously, she's dead. There's nothing else known at this point. Tell us she's dead, tell us how old she was, tell us the known circumstances, and GET ON WITH THE NEWS!

CaptainSolo1138
02-09-2007, 12:43 PM
None of the local broadcasts mentioned anything except this and the stink over Nancy Pelosi's plane yesterday evening.Being in CA I can understand that, but it gets TONS of coverage on the local here, too.

Fox News is, surprise, having a ball with it.:rolleyes:

Tenric78
02-09-2007, 12:51 PM
I can't stand when local news covers celebrity stuff. Stick to the local stuff if you're local news.

As for covering each Iraq death in detail: The sad reality is that on the whole most people don't care about someone's death in intricate detail that they don't know, especially when in the very sad case that SO many people die there everyday. On the other hand, people have the sad gossip habit that if its a celebrity it somehow matters more.

JEDIpartner
02-09-2007, 01:07 PM
celebutards

:laugh: I love it!!!!!!

Luuuuuuke
02-09-2007, 01:19 PM
The whole why not cover deaths in Iraq or something important and not waste time on Anna Nicole argument is contradictory though. The fact is the point of news is both to inform and entertain, and sometimes to do both. And so if you're the news and you don't cover stuff like a celebrity dying, you're screwed because someone else will and your ratings go down. People eat this stuff up.

But do something on an individual Marine dying, and there's a collective shrug in ratings. It's kind of a chicken-egg dilemma: What came first, people's hunger for celebrity-driven fluff, or the media foisting celebrity-driven fluff on people and therefore creating an addictive need for it? Personally, I think it's the former.

Trust me, important stories don't = big ratings. "Important" is overrated as far as ratings. Look at how much time we're devoting to posting comments about Anna Nicole Smith.

El Chuxter
02-09-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm not talking about detailed examination of the death of one individual soldier.

I'm referring to the fact that, in several hours of news coverage yesterday, the word "Iraq" came up only in a brief story about the nonbinding resolutions :rolleyes: currently floating through Congress.

pbarnard
02-09-2007, 01:28 PM
T. The fact is the point of news is both to inform and entertain, and sometimes to do both. And so if you're the news and you don't cover stuff like a celebrity dying, you're screwed because someone else will and your ratings go down.

I so disagree with that. The point of the news is to inform us. It is the network executives who say that it should entertain us so it can bring in more advertising dollars. The point of editorial pages is for a view point to frame an argument of what the news means to you as a person (Faux News should check that one, and everyone who's had a show launched in response their style). IF you want to be entertained, watch the programming that comes on before or after the news. That is what is supposed to entertain.

Why is there a surge in news sites that don't have anything to do with entertainment? People now can read these wire reports without a paper. People can read the NEWS online, and devoid of entertainment, or read it while being entertained. Either way, the NEWS has boomed online, editorializing/blogs have equally done. Now you can read a commentary on every news story and what it means no matter what groups or associations you claim to hold.

I hate the fact that these celebutards (let's try to use that word in ever other sentence in every post from now on) are supposed to matter, make news and how does it matter? How can one editorialize that one of these people with more time and money on their hands than we collectively will ever have matters to me? So if it can't be retroactively editorialized, it can't be news to begin with. It's entertainment. If it is news, than every obituary should get run on every newscast everywhere.

Ji'dai
02-09-2007, 01:32 PM
I never followed her career and did my best to avoid news of her later legal problems. I dunno, chicks emulating Marilyn Monroe just don't do it for me. I like blondes, but I prefer the Jenny McCarthy type.

JEDIpartner
02-09-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm not talking about detailed examination of the death of one individual soldier.

I'm referring to the fact that, in several hours of news coverage yesterday, the word "Iraq" came up only in a brief story about the nonbinding resolutions :rolleyes: currently floating through Congress.

I so disagree with that. The point of the news is to inform us. It is the network executives who say that it should entertain us so it can bring in more advertising dollars. The point of editorial pages is for a view point to frame an argument of what the news means to you as a person (Faux News should check that one, and everyone who's had a show launched in response their style). IF you want to be entertained, watch the programming that comes on before or after the news. That is what is supposed to entertain.

Why is there a surge in news sites that don't have anything to do with entertainment? People now can read these wire reports without a paper. People can read the NEWS online, and devoid of entertainment, or read it while being entertained. Either way, the NEWS has boomed online, editorializing/blogs have equally done. Now you can read a commentary on every news story and what it means no matter what groups or associations you claim to hold.

I hate the fact that these celebutards (let's try to use that word in ever other sentence in every post from now on) are supposed to matter, make news and how does it matter? How can one editorialize that one of these people with more time and money on their hands than we collectively will ever have matters to me? So if it can't be retroactively editorialized, it can't be news to begin with. It's entertainment. If it is news, than every obituary should get run on every newscast everywhere.

Exactly!!! The fact that ANS was just going about her daily routine and sticking pills down her gullet, but this time with a mission in mind is NOT newsworthy enough to devote 2/3 of a morning news programme to her exploits and failures.

The big problem with America and Western culture anymore is that people would rather know about the lives of celebutards and not know anything about how things that happen in the States affects other places around the globe. We are one of the most geographically stupid countries in the developed world and most people haven't a clue what's going on in other countries.

So many Americans spend far too much time worry about being in fashion, looking pretty or emulating the lives and lifestyles of these worthless nothings who walk into the spotlight for no exceptional reason.

CaptainSolo1138
02-09-2007, 02:08 PM
JP and pbarnard hit it on the head. They're only popular because we let them be. That's why these people are "famous for being famous".

BTW, a certain site bearing the name of Brad Pitt's character from "Fight Club" has a link to the video of her receiving CPR outside the hotel. I watched it. If you want to see hazy images that have to be spot shadowed so you can barely kinda sorta see what may or may not be going on check it out.

Blue2th
02-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Everyone should watch PBS news. Unlike every other news program, every week they have a moment of silence and show the faces of those lost in battle, as they're names and faces become available. It will break your heart to see how young these soldiers are. Sometimes the faces and names go on for quite a long time in silence. Especially after some big battle. No, no tears for Anna. Saving them for others who deserve it.

pbarnard
02-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Everyone should watch PBS news. Unlike every other news program, every week they have a moment of silence and show the faces of those lost in battle, as they're names and faces become available. It will break your heart to see how young these soldiers are. Sometimes the faces and names go on for quite a long time in silence. Especially after some big battle. No, no tears for Anna. Saving them for others who deserve it.

They do it on This Week w/George Stephenopoluos as well, but not silence, and they include "news makers" like politicians, inventors, novelists, sometimes actors who have at least won awards, titled "In Memoriam".

JEDIpartner
02-09-2007, 04:25 PM

I do!!! I also listen to NPR where the Anna Knucklehead story barely got any coverage... like her boobs while she was alive.

CaptainSolo1138
02-09-2007, 04:31 PM
I do!!! I also listen to NPR where the Anna Knucklehead story barely got any coverage... like her boobs while she was alive.
BA-ZING!!!:thumbsup:

jjreason
02-09-2007, 05:07 PM
They enriched my life, and will greatly be missed. :cry:

RIP B

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Much like the Crocodile Hunter, you can't really say this was completely unexpected (though Steve Irwin was a hell of a lot better than Anna Nicole). I can't wait for the days-on-end marathon of her TV show on E! :rolleyes:

Oh well, I'm sure she'll live on elsewhere.

Battle Droid
02-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Was it from implant poisoning?

JediTricks
02-10-2007, 12:57 AM
I'm still shocked, both by her death and by the unbelievably scummy response so many on the internet have about her. Seeing the responses here make me ashamed to be on the same forums as all of you.

plasticfetish
02-10-2007, 01:51 AM
make me ashamed to be on the same forums as all of you.You really had better be kidding. I know you're probably not, but... seriously.

She was a total fruitloop. A junky, a gold digger, and in general a big creep.

I feel bad for her kids. I feel just as bad for the rest of us that have to watch someone like Wolf Blitzer reporting on this completely shallow story.

Garbage in, garbage out.

Tycho
02-10-2007, 05:38 AM
Well, as someone who lost his mother, I'm glad it will be more than 7 years before Anna's child (it's a girl, right?) can read this. The story will be buried by then. I think she only had one other child - the son who O.D. at age 20 in his mom's hospital room, nonetheless. Anyway, hopefully the child's identity will be forged by a loving, nurturing, normal family life with which they'll identify with instead of carry the burden of wondering "what was I bred from?"

If either one of the paternity suits win, the alleged father is obviously after the money again. The kid just represents entitlement to the inheritence if it can be finally won in court. Watch the dad pursue it "in the child's name." :rolleyes: However, it would be rational to do so of course - just always suspect. There'd be that stigma that the father doesn't really love his child - he just wanted the money.

Let's provide a house for the kid to grow up in. Ah yes, 18 bedrooms and 4 swimming pools would do nicely... "I'm only doing what's best for my kid."

Then I look at it from someone with an inheritence myself, though not even close to what Anna-Nicole married into. On top of that, I'm garaunteed to die young (either this year or next, or at least a lot younger than the majority of you).

I live rather modestly, but because I might be checking out sooner, I treat myself well. So I find that now, in spite of my health condition, women who don't know me better try and gold-dig me. I play along and get what I want and then make a break for my independence. It's resulted in a complete lack of trust with girls who might be interested in me. My tastes are more towards girls in their very early 20's because they haven't all decided they're going to be scheming gold-diggers yet and I like their tendancy towards more innocent times.

So as a guy and proud fan of the Tom Leykus show, I lose a lot of sympathy for Anna-Nicole Smith who would pursue and marry a guy in his 80's.

Now if I make it to my 80's, you're darn right I'd string along a girlfriend in her 20's (or 30's I guess). I don't think I'd trust her enough to ever marry though. If I really liked her and I wanted to leave her set up, I could direct my will and trusts to do so, without the marriage and leaving myself vulnerable for her to try and poison me or whatever to get the money sooner.

If I ever get significantly wealthier, I intend to help my friends first. I've contributed to charities. My favorite way to do that is to pay into organizations that I volunteer at - like the homeless services I used to help out with. A few times a winter season, I used to sleep at a homeless shelter (not kidding) to chapperone the adults so there'd be less fighting and no drug or alcohol abuse. I saw what supplies they were lacking and I bought them (well provided the money to have an online grocery service deliver them). I felt much better knowing where my money went versus having it perpetuate "administrative costs." That being said, if I help my friends, I know exactly where my money goes as well.

I don't know that Anna-Nicole couldn't have become a great philanthropist like Joan Kroc (Ray Kroc's widow and inheritor of McDonald's). But JediTricks told me that her fortune was locked up in legal-limbo with issues with the her dead husband's son. Maybe father and son hated each other, and "daddy's boy" is just after his money that the old man wanted to give Anna-Nicole. Maybe she's the gold-digger that she's always been made out to be. Certainly strippers / playmate types learn all-too-well how to try and get money off of men.

In any case, I can see how this is a point of interest for common people. It has the ring of a scheme to win the lottery to it. And there's motive for murder - of the son and mother both, not to mention the first dead guy who could have likely died of natural causes. However, someone's stupidity with drugs could easily have led both mother and son down this path, as it looks more and more likely that this will be pronounced to be the final case.

Oh well, then.

CaptainSolo1138
02-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Seeing the responses here make me ashamed to be on the same forums as all of you.That's how I felt in the english muffin thread. Everyone knows bagels are better!:rolleyes:

I have a feeling this thread is getting shut down sooner than later. How retarded...

mabudonicus
02-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Shoot, is this where we have to turn in our memberships ;)??
:beard:Isobaws&

2-1B
02-10-2007, 12:40 PM

I feel bad for those mothers, too, doesn't mean I can't also feel bad on this case. :rolleyes:

Well, as someone who lost his mother, I'm glad it will be more than 7 years before Anna's child (it's a girl, right?) can read this. The story will be buried by then.

Probably more than 7 years (if any at all) since lil' Smith will likely scroll through your posts like so many others before her. lol lol lol

Unless you have a sex tape coming out, don't bother me.

Yeah, I've been meaning to talk to you about that...I have a new production on the way. ;)

Slicker
02-10-2007, 12:50 PM
You know there is a multiple quote button GNT Caes.:p

2-1B
02-10-2007, 01:18 PM
I tried that Slicker.

But I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work.

If you can explain it to me, I would love your help. :(

Kidhuman
02-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Click the button that has the " marks and the plus mark on all the posts you want to quote and then click post reply.

decadentdave
02-10-2007, 04:06 PM
For the record, my ex-girlfriend's mom was hacked to pieces by a serial killer and that ain't no lie. When death hits close to home it makes you examine the value of human life and you realize that death, no matter who's it is, is not a joke. You may not like someone personally or how they live their life but when their life is snuffed out you think about how it could happen to you as well. The only joke I see are the people who obviously have no respect for human life.

plasticfetish
02-10-2007, 05:00 PM
When death hits close to home it makes you examine the value of human life and you realize that death, no matter who's it is, is not a joke.Not to diminish the significance of your loss, but I think we've all probably had or will have some personal experience with losing a family member or someone that's very close to you.

There's two separate issues floating around here though.

1. How we all sympathize with the tragedy. (Loss of human life is sad. It's going to be hard on her children.)
2. How we should all be mortified by the spectacle that has resulted. (Something that the deceased is largely responsible for.)

So, I'm not sure how/why anyone should be personally offended by this. I mean... I was gonna start a Lindbergh baby thread, but I guess I wont. :rolleyes:

mabudonicus
02-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Solid Post PF, really man, that's the crux of it. And decadentdave, I am sorry for your experience as well- tho I don't "know" you, you're a member here and I consider this place somewhat of a home, and thus feel somehwhat like most folks here are "family" of sorts- of course, just like any family, there's folks you totally click with and folks you can accept (as unlike in a family, folks CAN get banned from here for being total A-holes). I am somewhat saddened whenever anything bad happens to folks, no matter how casual the relationship....

That being said, part two of PF's assesment is the most fractious part of this particular discussion. As an intelligent person, I really, truly don't think of celebutards as people. They are more like a "reality" show, in my mind. How a topic about the passing of a really offensive, totally irrelevant person who ALL OF US were somehow supposed to care about has turned into such a big deal is morbidly fascinating to me at least. I guarantee you, though, that my views on the made-up lives of celebrities are almost completely unrelated to the way I view actual real people in the "real world". And besides, I don't recall anyone here saying "glad she's dead, she deserved it and I hope she rots in hell"... most of the "offending material" was just off-colour jokes, nothing really at all for ANYONE to actually take personally.

Like Slicks "I am your father" thread, I can't see how that could have offended anyone past some arsehat who just wants to tell folks how they should think- if you don't think it's funny, fine I suppose, but really...

When Princess Diana was killed, I was similarly embarassed at the weeping millions, stricken horribly by the death of someone they'd seen on TV. All's I could wonder was "Man, what if someone they actually KNEW died??"

The culture that supports this phenomenon is fascinating but VERY (and totally not to make a joke of decadentdaves username but I NEED this damn word) decadent, on the verge of implosion almost...

:beard:Isobaws& (back in full form, so Isobaws& is back in effect)

Slicker
02-10-2007, 08:09 PM

When Princess Diana was killed, I was similarly embarassed at the weeping millions, stricken horribly by the death of someone they'd seen on TV. All's I could wonder was "Man, what if someone they actually KNEW died??"

See, the thing with Princess Di was that she had actually contributed something to the world and used her fame for good.

ANS just tried to profit off everything she did.

May she rest in peace though...

JediTricks
02-10-2007, 08:57 PM
I swear, sometimes I think the internet is draining our humanity. Here's a person whose only crime against everybody was being made famous, all she wanted to do was to entertain us by looking pretty and having a photogenic face, yet otherwise-decent folks all over the country are reveling in her death.

Anna Nicole Smith was raised poor, dropped out of school, was a waitress and worked at wal-mart, married young and had a baby in her teens, her husband couldn't pay the bills so eventually turned to stripping. While a stripper, a very old oil tycoon customer - J. Howard Marshall - took a liking to her and became her regular, buying her stuff repeatedly asking her to marry him over the next 2 years. During that time, Anna posed for Playboy and became nationally famous, garnering her a modeling contract with Guess Jeans, and soon after she became the playmate of the year all while trying to raise a son. At this point, she divorced her husband and concentrated on her modeling career. A year and half later, she accepted the proposal from her former customer J. Howard Marhsall - at this point she had her own money from Playboy and modeling, court documents say hundreds of thousands of her own, and he pursued her for years so her marrying him as a "gold digger" seems inappropriate.

Marshall was quoted as saying his marriage to her was the happiest days of his life and that her presence staved off death. She made no claims about the marriage being equal, she said she knew he loved her more than she him, but she and her son both bonded with Marshall before his death a year later. Only days before her death, Smith was quoted as saying of her late son that she felt his spirit was trapped and lonely and she hoped he would find Marhsall in the afterlife and they would be together - does that sound like someone who didn't have genuine feelings for Marshall?

Smith and one of Marshall's sons contested the will with claims that Marshall had promised them significant sums, the case remains in court almost 12 years later. During this time, Anna went bankrupt, gained weight while dealing with the court case which halted her career, and eventually took up an offer to do a reality show about her life for E! television. After the TV show was canceled, she took up a deal to be a spokesperson for TrimSpa which supposedly helped her get back down to a modeling weight. Then she became pregnant, had her baby but lost her son to an accidental OD, and 5 months later died at the age of 39.

Anna Nicole Smith was just a girl from the midwest with dreams of becoming Marilyn Monroe, which became somewhat true in the most tragic sense. She used her sexual appeal to get by after normal jobs couldn't pay the bills needed to raise her young son, and that catapulted her to international fame because she had a nice body (some of the best use of implants), a sweet face that lit up with a great smile, and a healthier look foreign to modeling at the time. She married an old man who loved her greatly and had courted her for years, and after his death challenged his will for what she says he promised her. So what about any of that makes her worthy of such hatred? During her life she was constantly berated by the public for marrying Marshall even when the courts determined the claim of golddigger seemed unwarranted when they married and that he pursued her, what about her makes normal people giddy with hatred over her and why has that led to an outpouring of cruelty about her death?

While it's been speculated that her sometimes sleepy and slow demeanor during public appearances is due to drugs or alcohol, there's been no proof of any claims, and her initial autopsy results showed no drugs in her stomach and no track marks or other signs of longterm drug abuse. But let's assume the drug claims were proven true, we just had James Brown die and celebrated his life, nobody came down this hard on him even though he was arrested multiple times for drug charges, beating his wife, even a high-speed multi-state chase that involved taking hostages. Ronald Reagan died and we honor him with a state funeral even though he leveraged American hostages lives to get him the presidency, proliferated nuclear arms, traded and then hid actions involved in trading arms for drugs for hostages that put money and guns into the hands of terrorists, created an economic climate that created nearly $3 trillion in debt, made us the most indebted country to foreigners in the world, and destroyed programs at home that released hundreds of thousands of mentally ill patients onto city streets to create the current homelessness crisis. We've had several pro-wrestlers die recently, some of which were known steroid abusers, and those who didn't care for them didn't speak out by and large. Hell, we've had several dictators die - men who have ordered the deaths of thousands of people - without this kind of outpouring of seething venom that the American public has spewed over Anna Nicole Smith's death with vicious delight, people cannot wait to speak the worst of this woman who was no less fragile or human than anybody else, and if you want to know what fuels the tabloids, it's that behavior: delighting in hating those who the magazines made famous in the first place.

People's jubilance of someone's death merely because she was a minor celebrity famous for her looks and tabloid fodder seems pretty scuzzy and despicable. Each of us should be thankful we're not famous, when it comes our time not as many people as we hope will celebrate our lives, but likely even fewer will celebrate our deaths.

Tycho
02-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Great post JediTricks!

This ranks up there with some of your best.

decadentdave
02-10-2007, 10:37 PM
I applaud you, Jedi Tricks. I know we have our disagreements sometimes but you took the words out of my mouth. Can you blame this woman who came from poor white-trash upbringing and tried to earn a living off of her looks? If she was not attractive enough to be a playmate then she would have struggled all of her life without it because she obviously could not have succeeded without her physical attributes as her greatest assets. Now, I apologize for the offense of my post but when things like this happen I am reminded of my own personal tragedies and it's pretty painful and I sympathize. People grieve. Whether or not you know them personally is beside the point. I'm not talking about a nation-wide social grievance or group hug attention-getter either. That stuff offends me as well. All I am saying that we should acknowledge the death as tragic and put aside personal opinions and criticisms for one moment and reflect on our lives and the signifigance of them. Anna Nicole's life may have meant nothing to most of you here but it mattered to someone and it's going to matter to that little girl someday. Celebutard aside, she was a mother just trying to make a living and was exploited by our sick, decadent (yes I am aware of the inference I just made) and corrupt capitalist society and it turned her Cinderella life into a chaotic mess. She had problems, more than a lot of people and she paid a terrible price by her son's death and ultimately her own. Jesus, cut her a little bit of slack people.

Kidhuman
02-10-2007, 10:47 PM
The thing here that gets me and why I will poke fun at her is because she didnt do a damn thing in life that was worth 24 hours of news coverage. We have soldiers dying everyday to defend our freedom and their names dont even get mentioned on TV in anyway shape or form when they die. The whole media thing portrays her like mother Theresa and it is pathetic. So what, another celebrity dies, and guess what, they will keep dying.

Why did we celebrate James Brown for all the bad things he did, he gave us good things. His music was revolutionary, he gave people joy and happiness with it. He entertained, which is more than some woman showing her fakeness all over every magazine she got a chance to do. Her life became a joke and thats what people will remember, so yes, I will crack a joke about her choking on a trimspa or whatever. If you dont like it, thats life. Call me heartless, mean whatever, life will go on. People need to prioritize what is important in life. A celebrity dying or the fact that our men are dying defending our country.

2-1B
02-10-2007, 11:20 PM
I thought she was good in Naked Gun 33 and 1/3

bobafrett
02-10-2007, 11:57 PM
I want to apoligize for my earlier joke. I too lost my mom, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her. My mom wasn't perfect, what mother is? I hope her dauughter is raised by someone who truey ccares for her, and not the money.

Slicker
02-10-2007, 11:58 PM
I hope her dauughter is raised by someone who truey ccares for her, and not the money.With a half a BILLION dollars on the line it's sad to say that the money is a big motivator here. Poor kid...

JediTricks
02-11-2007, 12:09 AM
I applaud you, Jedi Tricks. I know we have our disagreements sometimes but you took the words out of my mouth. Can you blame this woman who came from poor white-trash upbringing and tried to earn a living off of her looks? If she was not attractive enough to be a playmate then she would have struggled all of her life without it because she obviously could not have succeeded without her physical attributes as her greatest assets. Now, I apologize for the offense of my post but when things like this happen I am reminded of my own personal tragedies and it's pretty painful and I sympathize. People grieve. Whether or not you know them personally is beside the point. I'm not talking about a nation-wide social grievance or group hug attention-getter either. That stuff offends me as well. All I am saying that we should acknowledge the death as tragic and put aside personal opinions and criticisms for one moment and reflect on our lives and the signifigance of them. Anna Nicole's life may have meant nothing to most of you here but it mattered to someone and it's going to matter to that little girl someday. Celebutard aside, she was a mother just trying to make a living and was exploited by our sick, decadent (yes I am aware of the inference I just made) and corrupt capitalist society and it turned her Cinderella life into a chaotic mess. She had problems, more than a lot of people and she paid a terrible price by her son's death and ultimately her own. Jesus, cut her a little bit of slack people.So true. I don't even expect people to give a care about her at all really if they don't want to, if they don't care they could just walk away, don't say anything at all, but instead they spit such cruelty upon someone's death that it's shocking and sickening, and a sad statement of a poison in their humanities.

The thing here that gets me and why I will poke fun at her is because she didnt do a damn thing in life that was worth 24 hours of news coverage. We have soldiers dying everyday to defend our freedom and their names dont even get mentioned on TV in anyway shape or form when they die. The whole media thing portrays her like mother Theresa and it is pathetic. So what, another celebrity dies, and guess what, they will keep dying. How is that her fault that the media exploits her death the same way it exploited her life? You don't seem to differentiate between who she was as a person and what the media is doing with her death. But she died young and was famous, that's why it's newsworthy, and she's had a slightly scandalous life in the gossip rags (again, that's about the media) eventually suffering 2 mysterious deaths in a short time.

Why did we celebrate James Brown for all the bad things he did, he gave us good things. His music was revolutionary, he gave people joy and happiness with it. He entertained, which is more than some woman showing her fakeness all over every magazine she got a chance to do. Her life became a joke and thats what people will remember, so yes, I will crack a joke about her choking on a trimspa or whatever. If you dont like it, thats life. Call me heartless, mean whatever, life will go on. People need to prioritize what is important in life. A celebrity dying or the fact that our men are dying defending our country.My point was not "why did we celebrate him" but rather "why did we not vilify him the way many are vilifying Anna Nicole Smith?"

To cheapen one person's death because others are dying is pretty lousy, just because the media is exploiting her death doesn't mean she deserves to be **** on. She did nothing to deserve all the folks pi**ing on her grave like this - if you want someone to blame, look at the media, and don't for a minute think that they've done justice to the deaths of the US military forces fighting abroad, Anna Nicole Smith had *nothing* to do with that and the media was failing to do its job there way before she died or even when the news broke that she was pregnant with her daughter - don't confuse the issues with the personalities, it's petty to claim they're related in this case.

plasticfetish
02-11-2007, 12:14 AM
Jesus, cut her a little bit of slack people.Okay. But here's what p***es me off about her and anyone else like her. She made her choices, allowing herself to be "taken advantage of" in life. She'd had plenty of chances to settle into a career or live a "normal" life that would be best for her children, but instead she chose to make a spectacle of herself, and that's just what she got.

Cinderella's a fairy tale. She wasn't Cinderella... and none of these idiot guys that she hooked up with were Prince Charming.

JediTricks
02-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Okay. But here's what p***es me off about her and anyone else like her. She made her choices, allowing herself to be "taken advantage of" in life. She'd had plenty of chances to settle into a career or live a "normal" life that would be best for her children, but instead she chose to make a spectacle of herself, and that's just what she got.

Cinderella's a fairy tale. She wasn't Cinderella... and none of these idiot guys that she hooked up with were Prince Charming.
Perhaps all true, but none of it seems like a good reason to take cruel potshots at her death. We've all made mistakes in our lives, do you want your grave to be **** by thousands of people on for your mistakes? Would you want that for your loved ones, or anybody really?

Phantom-like Menace
02-11-2007, 12:27 AM
I'm not upset that people are cracking jokes now that she's dead any more than I was before she died. I can say Paris Hilton is a stupid waste of every resource she takes from this earth, and no one will really get upset. But if I were to say that after she died, I'm suddenly a heartless, shameless bastard. As far as I'm concerned, that hypocrisy is shameful.

As I put it on another site, we live in a society where the living can pretty much go to hell but the dead have to go to heaven with the angels.

I can't tell if it's superstition or just vanity, a desperate hope that our attempts to point fingers at people who disrespect the dead will mean we're viewed better after we die.

JediTricks
02-11-2007, 12:32 AM
The living can defend themselves, the dead cannot.

Luuuuuuke
02-11-2007, 01:02 AM
I don't have a problem with people critizing someone before or after they died. What I have a problem with is the mean-spirited tendency to practically applaud someone's death, to be almost gleeful about it.

There's no excuse for being mean-spirited. Anna Nicole was a sad-sack of a character, and sure, there's too much coverage being given to her death. But I don't get the viciousness her death brings out in people. She's not the worst person to ever die.

And I'm so tired about people making fun of people who faithfully follow the lives of so-called "celebutards." Give me a break--people like us who devote a not insignificant amount of time to the pursuit of action figures shouldn't exactly be criticizing what other people choose to waste their time over.

Tycho
02-11-2007, 01:12 AM
We have soldiers dying everyday to defend our freedom and their names dont even get mentioned on TV in anyway shape or form when they die.

I understand where you are going with this example, but I have to point out the hypocrisy in that cliche "dying for our freedom" by asking where are the hoardes of Muslims, or Chinese, or North Koreans who are invading us and taking away our Constitutional rights? Where are the soldiers dying to actually liberate US?

Kidhuman
02-11-2007, 02:04 AM
I understand where you are going with this example, but I have to point out the hypocrisy in that cliche "dying for our freedom" by asking where are the hoardes of Muslims, or Chinese, or North Koreans who are invading us and taking away our Constitutional rights? Where are the soldiers dying to actually liberate US?

This comment totally belongs in the pit, not out here in Gen Disc. I portrayed an example of media coverage, not trying to get into a discussion that doesnt belong here. IF you would like, please take it up in the pit, not here. Thank you

Tenric78
02-11-2007, 02:15 AM
I lost track of this thread a long time ago. Good posts JediTricks. I didn't get the whole Yay she's dead kind of thing that was going around.

As for bringing James Brown up earlier, man that guy had a lot of his own problems too. He was just more sucessful in the long run.

Tycho
02-11-2007, 02:17 AM
This comment totally belongs in the pit, not out here in Gen Disc. I portrayed an example of media coverage, not trying to get into a discussion that doesnt belong here. IF you would like, please take it up in the pit, not here. Thank you

You're right about the appropriate forum to discuss the subject. My comment simply served to counter-balance yours (which I believe represents an error as to the way it was phrased outside of "the Pit" as well.)

However, in The Rancor Pit, this subject's been tossed around and around for years now. I'm currently not in the mood to rehash it. I just hope I better-explained why I responded as I did to the cliche "fighting for our freedom."

A neutral way to phrase that would be "our troops dying in Iraq as compared to Anna Nicole Smith."

Getting directly back on topic with that, the comparison is also slightly flawed:

Troops are expected to die in times of war.

Someone marrying (for money or not), who's young and presumably healthy in her domestic life, is not expected to die.

The factor of her death being unexpected, and if her life was either a scheme or a difficult struggle to gain financial security, is another point of human interest. Many more people who cannot do what our soldiers do might be able to marry for money, or dream of a Prince Charming or Sugar Momma to come rescue them from low income existence. Plus people are enamored with beauty. All these things contribute to why Anna's such a spectacle, and I agree that it truly is unfair for the soldier who falls in Iraq (or Afghanistan).

decadentdave
02-11-2007, 03:00 AM
What is more hypocritical... someone who chooses to live their life being exploited by a morally corrupt society for survival, or exploiting thousands of soldiers as cannon fodder under the deceitful pretense of Democracy to sacrifice themselves for a morally corrupt government whose only agenda is for their own self-serving petrol needs? You see where I am going with this? Whether it is the life of one individual or thousands weighs not any greater or lesser when the blame clearly rests at the feet of our society.

I just finished watching Apocalypto. Mel Gibson may be a sadist but he pretty much lays it all out for us in a nutshell. Civilization is cruel and the powerful will always exploit the weak to build its civilization to serve its own self-serving agenda and will pervert the religions and ideals of its people to manipulate them. That is, until something even more powerful and threatening comes along to knock it down like kicking over an ant hill. One day, this country is going to face a rude awakening and it will make 911 look like a picnic. The media, celebrityism, and consumerism will not mean anything anymore. And I think, for our own good, this country needs a severe kick in its ***.