PDA

View Full Version : Official NFL 2007 thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kidhuman
02-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Here ya go, talk about all the new hire coaches and upcoming draft and anything to do with football until the new year.

Rogue II
02-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Continuation of the Wade Phillips discussion:

Jerry Jones probably hired Wade Phillips because unlike Parcell, Wade will do whatever Jerry wants.

pbarnard
02-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Continuation of the Wade Phillips discussion:

Jerry Jones probably hired Wade Phillips because unlike Parcell, Wade will do whatever Jerry wants.

....In Bed.

Couldn't resist. Why hasn't Jones hired the one man he wants to really coach the Cowboys, himself?

Course, he has improved in player personnel over the years since Jimmy Johnson left.

I'd like to take a moment to say with the upcoming draft, guess what team has no middle/late round picks? Washington. Is Danny's Fantasy Team worth no 2nd-7th round pick yet the second most valued sports franchise in North America? Can't upgrade the talent, still a last place team. Even the Raiders aren't that stupid.

2-1B
02-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Raiders and Lions in the Super Bowl...I'm calling it right now.

jjreason
02-08-2007, 10:13 PM
And I'm calling you a silly man, Caes. No offence. :D

2-1B
02-08-2007, 10:24 PM
maybe not...but plenty of defense. lol lol lol

figrin bran
02-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Raiders and Lions in the Super Bowl...I'm calling it right now.

what year? and which parallel universe? :p

QLD
02-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Falcons vs. Browns Caesar!

Kidhuman
02-09-2007, 12:45 AM
Vick will never lead the Falcons to a Superbowl. If they got rid of him I could 1/2 way agree QLD.

CaptainSolo1138
02-09-2007, 09:06 AM
I bet two Venusian coaches make it to the Super Bowl next year.

JimJamBonds
02-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Super Bowl 42 The Battle for New Jersey: Giants vs. Jets.

DarthQuack
02-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Super Bowl 42 The Battle for New Jersey: Giants vs. Jets.

With Eli Manning at the helm, are you insane? I'd rather have the guy from Chicago who changed his name to Peyton Manning.

JimJamBonds
02-09-2007, 11:30 AM
With Eli Manning at the helm, are you insane? I'd rather have the guy from Chicago who changed his name to Peyton Manning.

Yeah that was a joke, I don't think either of those teams will make it to the big game next season but if I had to say one or the other then I guess the Jets would be more likely.

QLD
02-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Vick will never lead the Falcons to a Superbowl. If they got rid of him I could 1/2 way agree QLD.

I agree for the most part. Not with the current Vick anyway. I am not a big fan of Vick at all. But Petrino is going to give him a chance to sink or swim this year. He;s going to give Vick complete control in the offense to call plays, make audibles, etc. No more excuses basically. He's got the talent, but if he'd lay off the weed, maybe he'd have the smarts to be a good QB.

Rogue II
02-09-2007, 05:34 PM
I agree for the most part. Not with the current Vick anyway. I am not a big fan of Vick at all. But Petrino is going to give him a chance to sink or swim this year. He;s going to give Vick complete control in the offense to call plays, make audibles, etc. No more excuses basically. He's got the talent, but if he'd lay off the weed, maybe he'd have the smarts to be a good QB.

Assuming he doesn't get suspended, right?;)

jjreason
02-09-2007, 06:06 PM
I think he's having a bit of trouble learning to read the NFL defenses. Back in college, he could scramble for 3 seconds and watch the coverage disintegrate - it just doesn't happen at the pro level. Awesome arm strength and a great runner, but I wouldn't classify him as the 2nd coming of Randall Cunningham just yet.

QLD
02-09-2007, 08:55 PM
He won't get suspended, unless he tests positive. They didn't file any charges against him, because, I believe, there wasn't enough evidence.

JetsAndHeels
02-09-2007, 09:08 PM
if I had to say one or the other then I guess the Jets would be more likely.

I agree, and not just because I am a Jets fan. Coach Mangini took a 4-12 team and led them to 10-6 with a playoff appearance in his first year. The New England style of personnel (being the right players for the right roles) is what he brings and already it is paying dividends.
And in Kansas City what was once the NFL's greatest offense is now a total wreck.

pbarnard
02-09-2007, 09:27 PM
I agree, and not just because I am a Jets fan. Coach Mangini took a 4-12 team and led them to 10-6 with a playoff appearance in his first year. The New England style of personnel (being the right players for the right roles) is what he brings and already it is paying dividends.
And in Kansas City what was once the NFL's greatest offense is now a total wreck.

I wouldn't go that far on Mangini. He took subpar/marginal talent, and got them to over achieve. They are probably the team in for the biggest let down of all the playoff teams.

JetsAndHeels
02-09-2007, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't go that far on Mangini. He took subpar/marginal talent, and got them to over achieve.

Isn't that what Bill Belicheck has done for the past several years besides a few "stars" like Brady and Vinatieri?

They are probably the team in for the biggest let down of all the playoff teams.

Why is that?

figrin bran
02-09-2007, 10:32 PM
I wouldn't go that far on Mangini. He took subpar/marginal talent, and got them to over achieve. They are probably the team in for the biggest let down of all the playoff teams.

naw, i'd say Dallas is primed for the biggest letdown. and let's not forget the recent track record of teams that lose the super bowl. many don't even make the playoffs the next year.

2-1B
02-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Falcons vs. Browns Caesar!

That would be awesome! I'd even be happy for the Falqs if they won...well, maybe not after canning Jim Mora Jr. because I liked that guy but still, I like ATL. :)

Not the Braves though. :mad:

pbarnard
02-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Isn't that what Bill Belicheck has done for the past several years besides a few "stars" like Brady and Vinatieri?

Why is that?

Yes, but don't forget the defensive starts. It's because if you analyze the roster if comparing Jets and Pats players objectively in an NFL front office, the Pats players would get taken more than Jet Players. That is all over the talking heads of former GMS and Players.

timbok
02-11-2007, 09:45 AM
GO JETS yeah
super bolw chapions of 2007

JimJamBonds
02-11-2007, 02:52 PM
GO JETS yeah
super bolw chapions of 2007

Sorry but that title has already been taken by the Ponnies.

DarthQuack
02-11-2007, 03:23 PM
I love how Drew Brees dislocated his elbow during the Pro Bowl.....It's a horrible game which no one watches in the first place, and a great player like Drew gets injured.....so stupid.

figrin bran
02-11-2007, 05:47 PM
I love how Drew Brees dislocated his elbow during the Pro Bowl.....It's a horrible game which no one watches in the first place, and a great player like Drew gets injured.....so stupid.

that's still better than Robert Edwards tearing up his knee in a rookie flag football game years ago. we're talking about flag football

QLD
02-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah, Robert's career was pretty much ended in a game of flag football. Horrible.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-12-2007, 10:51 AM
It was his non-throwing arm, BTW. He has plenty of time to recover. Saints fans shouldn't be concerned. That Edwards injury was quite possibly the worst I've ever seen, because of the uselessness of the game in the first place. :( Notice there's NEVER been another flag football all-star game since.

So, is it cemented that Oakland will take LSU's Russell at #1? And Detroit will snag another WR? :p Can Pittsburgh somehow get Adrian Peterson and have the 2-back system that got them to their last 6 Super Bowl's (Harris/Bleier, Morris/Pegram, Bettis/Parker)?

Rogue II
02-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Its too bad about Brees. I didn't even watch the higlights from the Pro-Bowl.
Its been a long time since I've watched one. Heck, I've played a few seasons of Madden 07 and skipped the Pro-Bowl every time.

A little love for Wade Phillips (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070212/1056753.asp)from the Buffalo News...not.

Yes, I'm still ticked off because of the Rob Johnson/Doug Flutie thing.

DarthQuack
02-12-2007, 10:28 PM
No more Martyball in San Diego......Schotty has been FIRED....

Giants also released 3 starters including Lavar Arrington....who I said they should NEVER have signed in the first place.

Rogue II
02-12-2007, 10:39 PM
I thought the Charges said they wouldn't fire him. Oh well.

The Bills are in the market for linebackers and offensive line. It sound like there will be a bunch of linebackers on the free agant market and the Giants just added 2 more.

Kidhuman
02-12-2007, 11:49 PM
I was shocked Marty got canned. I thought he was safe. I hope the Chargers go 2-14 without him

figrin bran
02-13-2007, 01:14 AM
nobody's safe in SD...Brees hurts his shoulder in the last game of the season and they don't bother to sign him.

pbarnard
02-13-2007, 12:54 PM
If AJ Smith weren't such a brilliant draft guy, hear that Washington: You build a winning team through the DRAFT, he would've been canned instead. San Diego's talent was still there, the coaching changes may cost them 1 or 2 wins minimal, they have a window now, but who can they get to replace him? There are no viable candidates with head coaching experience who can take them to the play offs and win. They lost their coordinators by not offering them more money, I don't think they'll go to a college coach because of the disasters that they turn out to be.

Rogue II
02-14-2007, 10:38 PM
The NBC website has a preview for free agent Quarterbacks (http://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/997904/detail.html), Running Backs (http://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/1017758/detail.html) and Defensive Backs (http://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/1044185/detail.html). For each position, they list UFAs, restricted free agents, possible trade candidates, and what teams need that position.

JimJamBonds
02-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Keep this article in mind when watching/listening/reading all of the so calle d "experts." http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/070213

JetsAndHeels
02-15-2007, 11:00 PM
This article was over on Jetnation and I wanted to share it. Wayne is one of my all-time favorite Jets players...I hate that he had so many concussions.

Jets | Former WR Chrebet still suffering from concussions
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 07:50:46 -0800

Citing an interview with the Bergen Record, Stan Olson, of the Charlotte Observer, reports former New York Jets WR Wayne Chrebet, who retired after the 2005 season due to suffering 13 concussions during his football career, is still bothered by post-concussion symptoms. "Healthwise ... everything except for my head is fine," Chrebet said. "I still have a lot of struggles. It still gets gradually worse at times. I just try to talk to as many people as possible, talk through it with doctors about the long-term future." Some of the symptoms Chrebet is hampered with include headaches, lethargy and sensitivity to light and sound. "I still don't want to scare people, but I'm more concerned," he said. "Hopefully in the near future, these things subside and no one needs to know about them because they're going away."

Rogue II
02-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Looks like the Bills are trying to trade Willis McGahee (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-combinenotes022407&prov=yhoo&type=lgns). I'm glad, because I like him less every time I read something about him. I happened to be watching ESPN news and they had that little weenie NFL guy (John Clayton?) on talking about the Bills talking with the Giants about trading McGahee. For some reason, he never mentioned McGahee's personal issues or crappy work ethic as reason for a trade. He chalked it up to McGahee being a free agent after this season.

UKWildcat
02-25-2007, 01:48 PM
John Clayton is a pimp.

2-1B
02-25-2007, 02:47 PM
John Clayton looks like Gollum.

JetsAndHeels
02-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Calvin Johnson ran a 4.3 today at the combine.

The guy is so good its just absurd. He is by far the best player in the draft this year.

CaptainSolo1138
02-25-2007, 04:33 PM
John Clayton looks like Ken Jennings' and Hermie the Elf's love child. You know you suck when Stephen A. Smith can out articulate you.

JetsAndHeels
03-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Today the Jets landed running back Thomas Jones and Chicago's 2nd round pick (#63 overall) for our #37 overall pick.

This is a great deal for the Jets IMO. We have needed a good back to compliment the couple we still have, and TJ is just that man.
Good move.

figrin bran
03-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Calvin Johnson ran a 4.3 today at the combine.

The guy is so good its just absurd. He is by far the best player in the draft this year.

Matt Millen agrees with you! :p

JetsAndHeels
03-05-2007, 10:59 PM
I could run the Lions organization better than Millen!!

I think TJ is going to be a fine replacement for Curtis Martin.

GIVE ME ALL YOUR THOMAS JONES CARDS NOW!! :)

pbarnard
03-05-2007, 11:23 PM
John Clayton looks like Gollum.

Great, now I see him in a loin cloth scaling the Lombardi trophy saying, "My precious" while on top of the Space Needle in Seattle.

figrin bran
03-05-2007, 11:24 PM

seriously? i have a few of his rookies.

JetsAndHeels
03-05-2007, 11:57 PM
seriously? i have a few of his rookies.3

Yeah, we should like get around to that trade we've been working on for the past year. Remember, the Drew Olson auto and other stuff I have for you?

kool-aid killer
03-06-2007, 01:55 PM
I could run the Lions organization better than Millen!!

I think TJ is going to be a fine replacement for Curtis Martin.

Crap. I really liked Jones. A lot more than Benson, actually. But the Bears have too much money invested in Benson, so im not surprised that they would send off Jones instead. Heres hoping that the second round pick they get in return works out for them.

bobafrett
03-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Today the Jets landed running back Thomas Jones and Chicago's 2nd round pick (#63 overall) for our #37 overall pick.

This is a great deal for the Jets IMO. We have needed a good back to compliment the couple we still have, and TJ is just that man.
Good move.

:upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: *Grumbles*

UKWildcat
03-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Thomas Jones is good people. He's a great back, and he's much better than his brother Julius, lately anyways. :mad: I'm still bitter b/c I have(had) Julius in a fantasy league last season and Marion Barber stole all the damn touchdowns and points.:mad: :mad: I do like Leon Washington with the Jets though, he showed some real promise and skills last season. I know JAH will agree with me there. :thumbsup:

I think Travis Henry will do extremely well in Denver. :yes:

It'll be interesting to see how Plummer plays out in Tampa.

Well frett, you all should stop grumbling about the Thomas Jones/Cedric Benson situation, as he(Benson) should be the featured back now. :D

figrin bran
03-07-2007, 01:25 AM
Plummer is opting to retire rather than report to the Bucs.

and it seems Dre Bly is bitter about being traded from the Lions to the Broncos. this i don't get at all...is Detroit that great a place to play that you should be resentful upon being afforded the opportunity to play elsewhere?

JetsAndHeels
03-07-2007, 05:50 PM
I do like Leon Washington with the Jets though, he showed some real promise and skills last season. I know JAH will agree with me there. :thumbsup:

Of course I agree, Leon is the man.

pbarnard
03-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Plummer is opting to retire rather than report to the Bucs.

and it seems Dre Bly is bitter about being traded from the Lions to the Broncos. this i don't get at all...is Detroit that great a place to play that you should be resentful upon being afforded the opportunity to play elsewhere?

No, it's about not being traded to possibly a worse team that pays more, the Redskins, who'd over pay for his average services instead of playing for a team who probably could be a wild card contender or division winner (should San Diego get the injury bug).

Rogue II
03-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Old news now, but the Bills traded McGahee to Baltimore last week. Today the Bills resigned Anthony Thomas.

Now there is a report that the Cowboys might want to trade Julius Jones because they want to go with Marion Barber.

CaptainSolo1138
03-12-2007, 10:19 PM
In other news, Pacman Jones had another run-in with the police (http://withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=2331). Only this time he wasn't on the recieving end. And it happened at a family bowling center on a weekend. Don't NFL guys drink Cristal and pop random hos on the weekend?

2-1B
03-14-2007, 10:49 PM
I'm picking Lance Briggs to be on my Fantasy team this year.

Rogue II
03-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Monday Night Football just improved:

Lineup change for 'Monday Night Football' (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-mondaynightfootball&prov=ap&type=lgns)

March 26, 2007

BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) -- ESPN is changing quarterbacks.

Joe Theismann will no longer be part of the network's "Monday Night Football" booth and will be replaced by Ron Jaworski, the former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback.

"This new lineup will enhance our presentation of 'Monday Night Football,' our most important property," Norby Williamson, ESPN's executive vice president for studio and remote production, said Monday. "Ron has covered the NFL from many different perspectives, and he is totally tied into the issues and trends from around the league."

Theismann, a former Washington Redskins quarterback, will be offered another analyst job with the network, Williamson said.

Jaworski is known for his studio analysis and ability to break down game tape for viewers. He will join play-by-play announcer Mike Tirico and analyst Tony Kornheiser in the booth. Suzy Kolber and Michele Tafoya will handle sideline reporting.

NFL games on Monday night moved from ABC to ESPN last season.

figrin bran
03-26-2007, 10:44 PM
yes but that only means Theismann will get picked up by either NBC or CBS or Fox.

pbarnard
03-26-2007, 10:50 PM
yes but that only means Theismann will get picked up by either NBC or CBS or Fox.

No, ESPN won't let him out of his contract because it is a real one, not a coaching one printed on toilet paper. He'll be in the studio as the Sportscenter Analyst or regular on NFL Live since Jaws is staying on NFL Matchup. Even if he doesn't accept, he's owed whatever the terms are and cannot take another job until it's expired. Keith Olberman often talks about his last time at Fox and Dan Patrick talks about this all the time when it comes to coaches.

Theisman is probably the most hated of all analysts by the NFL writers. I'd rather have him than Brian Baldinger though, although a 9mm to the skull if given that dichotomy would be the best option.

Darth Cruel
03-27-2007, 11:52 PM
No more Thiesman on MNF?

The Great Gods of Footbal have reached down their blessed hands from the Great Gridiron in the Sky and they have blessed us fans one and all.

The only time I ever felt for Thiesman was when LT dogged him on-air about career-ending injuries. But I have always thought Joe was lousy in the booth.

And I still can not understand how Al and John didn't get the gig when they already worked for ESPN (ESPN owns ABC, doesn't it?)

JetsAndHeels
03-27-2007, 11:58 PM
According to JetsInsider.com, Curtis Martin will be retiring on June 1st.

This is no shock really..the guy has a bad knee its pretty much bone on bone and he wants to at least be able to walk normally for the rest of his life.

Still the fan in me hates to see him go. He is one of the most underrated athletes in the NFL and I for one am sure he will be in the HOF.

pbarnard
03-28-2007, 09:25 AM
And I still can not understand how Al and John didn't get the gig when they already worked for ESPN (ESPN owns ABC, doesn't it?)

From what I understood, it was almost a trade that was worked. I forgot who ABC/ESPN got, but the basics of it was they intially were until Michaels, I believe, started to make a stink about not being on a network and being relegated to cable.

JetsAndHeels
04-06-2007, 06:21 PM
I just finished up working on another mock draft for this year's rookie class. I think I did a better job on this one than last year's. Everyone let me know what you think.

1 Oakland- Jamarcus Russell (this guy looks like he would fit in better at Oakland than Brady Quinn)
2 Detroit- Brady Quinn (no WR's in the 1st round this year lol)
3 Cleveland- Adrian Peterson
4 Tampa Bay- Calvin Johnson (this year's best player hands down)
5 Arizona- Joe Thomas
6 Washington- Amobi Okoye
7 Minnesota- Gaines Adams
8 Atlanta (from Houston)- Leron Landry
9 Miami- Patrick Willis
10 Houston (from Atlanta)- Levi Brown
11 San Francisco- Adam Carriker
12 Buffalo- Marshawn Lynch (should be a great pro)
13 St Louis- Alan Branch
14 Carolina- Jamall Anderson
15 Pittsburgh- Leon Hall
16 Green Bay- Robert Meacham
17 Jacksonville- Reggie Nelson
18 Cincinnati- Darrell Revis
19 Tennessee- Ted Ginn Jr (good fit here with Vince Young as their qb)
20 NY Giants- Chris Houston
21 Denver- Jarvis Moss
22 Dallas- Dwayne Bowe
23 Kansas City- Dwayne Jarrett (one of this year's best WR's not named Calvin Johnson)
24 New England (from Seattle)- Paul Posluszny
25 NY Jets- Justin Blaylock
26 Philadelphia- Lawrence Timmons
27 New Orleans- Demarcus Tyler
28 New England- Marcus McCauly
29 Baltimore- Jon Beason
30 San Diego- Sydney Rice
31 Chicago- Greg Olson
32 Indianapolis- Justin Harrell
33 Oakland- Ryan Kalil
34 Detroit- Anthony Spencer
35 Tampa Bay Ben Grubbs
36 Cleveland- Joe Staley
37 Chicago (from Washington thru NY Jets)- Quinn Pitcock
38 Arizona- Charles Johnson
39 Atlanta (from Houston)- Quintin Moses
40 Miami- Tony Ugoh
41 Minnesota- Drew Stanton (this guy's draft stock has dropped significantly)
42 San Francisco- Tony Gonzalez (Ohio State)
43 Buffalo- Aaron Ross
44 Atlanta- Aaron Sears
45 Carolina- Davis Harris
46 Pittsburgh- Tim Crowder
47 Green Bay- Brandon Merriweather
48 Jacksonville- Victor Abiamiri
49 Cincinnati- Brandon Mebane
50 Tennessee- Ikaika Alama-Francis
51 New York Giants- Josh Beekman
52 St Louis- Lamar Woodley
53 Dallas- Manny Ramirez (no, not that Manny Ramirez)
54 Kansas City- Eric Wright
55 Seattle- Eric Weddle
56 Denver- Doug Free
57 Philadelphia- Brian Leonard (Really good rb from Rutgers)
58 New Orleans- Zach Miller
59 New York Jets- Daymion Hughes
60 Miami (from New England)- Michael Griffin
61 Baltimore- Josh Wilson
62 San Diego- Michael Bush(not sure on this one really but he would be a great backup for LT)
63 New York Jets (from Chicago)- Ryan Harris
64 Tampa Bay (from Indianapolis)- Ray McDonald

figrin bran
04-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Espn used to have a pick the first 12 picks of the draft contest but i can't find it right now.

JetsAndHeels
04-12-2007, 07:05 PM
To all you guys who wanted to take Drew Bledsoe in your fantasy league this year, sorry. :)

Drew Bledsoe retired Wednesday, ending a 14-season career in which he made two Super Bowls.

The top overall pick by New England in the 1993 draft out of Washington State, the four-time Pro Bowl quarterback played for the Patriots, Buffalo Bills and Dallas Cowboys. He was a starter for all three teams, but ended up as a backup with the Cowboys.

Bledsoe threw for 44,611 yards and 251 touchdown passes in his career.

"I feel so fortunate, so honored, to have played this game that I love for so long, with so many great players, and in front of so many wonderful fans," he said. "I fulfilled a childhood dream the first time I stepped on an NFL field, and the league did not let me down one time. I retire with a smile on my face, in good health, and ready to spend autumns at my kids' games instead of my own. I'm excited to start the next chapter of my life."

The 35-year-old Bledsoe lost his starting job to Tom Brady in New England in 2001 when Bledsoe got hurt in the second game of the season, and to Tony Romo in Dallas after Game 6 of last season.

He also asked for his release from the Bills after the 2004 season, when the team informed him it was going with J.P. Losman as the starter the next year. Bledsoe didn't want to be a backup there after he led the Bills to the brink of the playoffs.

He then signed with the Cowboys and was their starter for all of 2005 and part of '06.

In 1996, Bledsoe guided the Patriots to the AFC championship. They lost to Green Bay in the Super Bowl.

He remained the Patriots' starter until he was tackled by the Jets' Mo Lewis in the second game of the 2001 season and injured his chest. Brady took over, although Bledsoe got New England into the Super Bowl in place of the injured Brady by beating Pittsburgh in the AFC title game.

Brady then was the MVP of the Super Bowl win over St. Louis.

The Bills acquired Bledsoe during the 2002 NFL draft by dealing their first-round pick in 2003 to New England. Bledsoe had strong first season in Buffalo, setting 10 team passing records, including single-season marks with 4,359 yards and 375 completions.

His numbers, however, began to decline drastically. In his final 30 games with Buffalo, Bledsoe never finished with more than 296 yards passing, while throwing 29 touchdowns and 27 interceptions during that stretch.

He finishes seventh all-time in yards passing, 13th in touchdown passes and fifth in completions (3,839).

Rogue II
04-20-2007, 12:25 AM
What the hey...no comments about Vince Young being on the cover of Madden? Supposedly LaDainian Tomlinson turned down the offer.

Good draft, J&H. Who knows what the Lions do. A lot of the mock drafts I've seen have the Lions going after O-line and D-line as well. In other words, the Lions are so screwed up, no one knows what should do...especially Matt Millen.

figrin bran
04-20-2007, 01:04 AM
That's because i didn't know Vince Young was on the cover until now.

Madden curse or not, i feel he's destined for the proverbial sophomore jinx. as of right now, the Titans have no viable receivers to speak of and having lost Travis Henry, it falls to Chris Brown and Lendale White. not exactly great run support for Vince. plus he'll be scouted much better and the more he runs which he'll probably have to do given the lack of surrounding talent, the more he'll put himself at risk for injury and thus "validate" the Curse.

JetsAndHeels
04-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Good draft, J&H. Who knows what the Lions do. A lot of the mock drafts I've seen have the Lions going after O-line and D-line as well. In other words, the Lions are so screwed up, no one knows what should do...especially Matt Millen.

A good pick for their line (offense and defense) would help alot, and I don't think it would be a bad pick actually. Joe Thomas would be a nice addition if they were so inclined.

On a personal note, ESPN has the Jets on the clock and it seems alot of the "experts" there have us taking Adam Carriker. :rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
04-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Oh my gosh!! How stupid are the Miami Dolphins? They take Ted Ginn over Brady Quinn!! Not that I am complaining, I didn't want to see Quinn playing for them since they rival the Jets in the afc east.

Things aren't looking great for Quinn..that Paris Hilton wannabe with him is losing her patience...there goes the big money she thinks haha!!

Bel-Cam Jos
04-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Quinn "slipping" to #22 (Cleveland traded up) wasn't too much of a surprise to me, and the Browns are a decent fit for him. I thought Pittsburgh could use defensive backfield help, but Timmons at LB will help them out just as much.

How is Ginn a stupid pick? He's fast, has pretty good hands, and is a better fit for the Dolphins than Quinn would be (even if Brady's a better overall player, they have 27 QBs on the roster). This year, teams are going with more "need" than "best available," I think.

JetsAndHeels
04-28-2007, 07:11 PM
How is Ginn a stupid pick? He's fast, has pretty good hands, and is a better fit for the Dolphins than Quinn would be

Let me rephrase what I meant....its not necessarily that Ginn is the stupid pick, its the fact that Miami took him with their #9 overall. That is way too high to draft someone like him. Miami has qb issues...Daunte Culpepper is a mess and even if they were to get Trent Green from KC he doesn't have many years left so they would be forced to trade for a qb or draft one anyway.

And I dare say that guys like Meacham, Gonzales, Jarrett, and Steve Smith are arguably better WR's.

figrin bran
04-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Who was picking for Miami anyhow? Matt Millen? :p

I agree with J&H that all those other WR's are better than Ginn.

Speaking of Millen, Calvin Johnson had better be a perennial pro bowler or else...he'll just keep on picking WR's

JetsAndHeels
04-28-2007, 11:50 PM
I am happy with how the Jets did today. They got 2 solid players to help contribute on defense.

Darrelle Revis from Pitt, who is one of the top corners that came out for the draft this year. I expect him to start from day one since our corner situation has been shaky to say the least.

Inside Linebacker David Harris from Michigan, a big physical hitter who should help the jets with their run defense.

I look forward to see who we get tomorrow.

So how did everyone's team do today??

Bel-Cam Jos
04-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Darrelle Revis from Pitt, who is one of the top corners that came out for the draft this year.

I look forward to see who we get tomorrow.

So how did everyone's team do today??Good to see Panthers going on day one again.

I am seldom impressed with rounds 5-7, so my interest level is more to see what big names (Troy Smith, Antonio Pittman, teams trying to draft Adrian Peterson again [or is that just in fantasy drafts? :p ], etc.) end up later than expected.

I hoped the Steelers would've taken a bit more on offense (I was SO disappointed to see Carolina nab WR Jarrett just before our pick). My dream was to trade up and get Peterson, to give Pitt a 1-2 punch in the backfield, like the good ol' days. But revamping the defense is never a bad thing in the Steel City.

JetsAndHeels
04-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Oakland has traded Randy Moss to the patriots.

Story (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjElndQvCodWSkjPgLhaZsJDubYF?slug=ap-randymosstrade&prov=ap&type=lgns)

jjreason
04-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Caesar's Browns looked to have come out smelling like roses, that's for sure. Nice job, Caes. :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
04-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Thankfully the Giants finally got a linebacker...

pbarnard
04-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Speaking of Millen, Calvin Johnson had better be a perennial pro bowler or else...he'll just keep on picking WR's

The Ford family doesn't have the cash on hand to fire/buy him out. Their other business is going in the tank, so they're stuck with what they have.

figrin bran
04-29-2007, 05:05 PM
The Ford family doesn't have the cash on hand to fire/buy him out. Their other business is going in the tank, so they're stuck with what they have.

If i were a Lions fan, i'd chip in money to buy out Millen

Moss going to the Pats is awesome! He and Belicheck deserve each other. The Jerk store in NE just got bigger

Kidhuman
05-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Keyshawn Cut....HAHA

pbarnard
05-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Keyshawn Cut....HAHA

Really? Replacing one slow loud mouthed can't separate from defenders receiver from USC with another slow loud mouthed receiver who can't separate defenders from USC is an upgrade how? Oh, salary cap, but I don't understand the $3M roster bonus they paid him. Why not get rid of him before April 1? Oh, to not show he's the joke he really is.

Guess he still isn't as good as Chrebet because I'm looking at a site that says statistically he's still behind and Wayne can't remember any of his catches. Guess the Panthers bought Keyshawn for what he thought he was worth and sold him for what he really was.

JetsAndHeels
05-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Guess he still isn't as good as Chrebet because I'm looking at a site that says statistically he's still behind and Wayne can't remember any of his catches.

Even if Key caught up with Wayne stats-wise, there still is no comparison between the two. Wayne played with nothing but heart....the guy who walked on in 1995 at Hofstra and for 11 seasons gave his all for the Jets. He just could not cope with more concussions, and his career is now over.
He is, and will be forever one of my all-time favorite players for the NY Jets.

figrin bran
05-02-2007, 10:28 PM
nothing to add that hasn't been said about Keyshawn. i just love it when other people are doing the ex Trojan player bashing :p

having said that, i think Mike Williams can duplicate Randy Moss' numbers with the Raiders last season. that shouldn't be too hard.

pbarnard
05-02-2007, 11:08 PM
having said that, i think Mike Williams can duplicate Randy Moss' numbers with the Raiders last season. that shouldn't be too hard.

You sure? If he stops over too many times, he might have to buy a second seat on the plane ride over. He may also solve the problem at guard the Raiders have. More pig skin, less pork rinds for that one.

figrin bran
05-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Ha! Well, they must have some great food over in Detroit!

2-1B
05-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Caesar's Browns looked to have come out smelling like roses, that's for sure. Nice job, Caes. :thumbsup:

Only time will tell ! :thumbsup:

Rogue II
05-27-2007, 12:57 PM
I just saw an interview with Clinton Portis about the comments he made about Vick and the dogfighting. Portis is a lot dumber than I thought he was.

JetsAndHeels
05-27-2007, 01:07 PM
I just saw an interview with Clinton Portis about the comments he made about Vick and the dogfighting. Portis is a lot dumber than I thought he was.

He proved with his idiotic statements that he is much a POS as Vick.
Sorry to any of you who like Portis or Vick, but its the truth.

pbarnard
05-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Bad decision making in any position but quarterback is acceptable in the NFL. You have a quarterback who routinely makes bad decisions off the field, on the field no matter the athletic talent, the best you can hope for is mediocrity. Anyone see the Outside the Lines report where they're saying Vick is driving the economics of this? And if he's just in this, and dog fighting is used to launder drug and gang money, what else is he into?

figrin bran
05-27-2007, 05:45 PM

lol! have you seen some of Portis' costumes for the post game press conferences?

Rogue II
05-27-2007, 08:39 PM
I thought they were kind of funny, but I didn't pay much attention to him. He said that there is nothing wrong with dog fighting if it is done on someone's (Vick's) private property and they shouldn't get all up in his bidness. Supposedly Portis didn't know dog fighting is a felony.

PETA will probably start taking more of an interest in the NFL now.

pbarnard
05-27-2007, 10:06 PM
PETA will probably start taking more of an interest in the NFL now.

They already have had a meeting with Goddell. This is coinsides with the NFL offering NFL Security to aid the Virginia authorities in the investigation.

How can this not smell bad. He just sold a 750k house for 320k. Wait till the buyer is revealed and it's a relative. This is only going to end badly.

JetsAndHeels
05-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Very sad story today involving one of New England's players.

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- A body believed to be New England Patriots player Marquise Hill was found by searchers Monday, a day after he was reported missing following a jetski accident on Lake Pontchartrain.

"The family will have to make positive identification," Capt. Brian Clark of the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Department said. "But the body we found was that of Mr. Marquise Hill."

The body was discovered about a quarter-mile from where Hill and a female companion were involved in the accident, Clark said.

The Coast Guard were called Sunday night, Petty Officer Tom Atkeson said. The search began immediately, using boats and helicopters.

By the time the body was found, the Coast Guard, Wildlife and Fisheries, the New Orleans Police Department and Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Department were involved, Clark said.

Hill's agent, Albert Elias, said he had been told Hill and a young woman were jetskiing Sunday in the lake when both of them went into the water, which had a strong current. Elias said the woman was able to make it to a pylon and hang on until she was rescued, while Hill was last seen floating away from the scene.

Hill played on LSU's national championship team and was a second-round draft pick by New England in 2004.

"We are all shocked," Patriots owner Robert Kraft said in a statement. "

The woman, whose identity was not available Monday morning, was rescued and sent to Tulane Medical Center where she told them Hill had tried to keep her calm as the two were drifting away from each other.

Neither Hill nor the woman wore a life preserver, Atkeson said.

"It's so important to have a life jacket and a signaling device," Atkeson said. "One keeps you afloat and the other helps us find you."

Elias said Hill, a defensive end, spent much of his time since Hurricane Katrina helping family members rebuild their homes.

UKWildcat
05-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Elias said Hill, a defensive end, spent much of his time since Hurricane Katrina helping family members rebuild their homes.

Sounds like he was really helping out his community too (unlike certain other NFL players). What a shame. Very saddening indeed. :(

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Bad decision making in any position but quarterback is acceptable in the NFL. You have a quarterback who routinely makes bad decisions off the field, on the field no matter the athletic talent, the best you can hope for is mediocrity. Anyone see the Outside the Lines report where they're saying Vick is driving the economics of this? And if he's just in this, and dog fighting is used to launder drug and gang money, what else is he into?

Let's just hope that it isn't cockfighting.

2-1B
07-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Looks like the Packers will need a new preseason color commentator because Bill Maas decided to retire:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10249780

CaptainSolo1138
07-10-2007, 07:39 AM
I blame Pacman Jones.

CaptainSolo1138
07-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Double post. Eat it, Grimlock.

I thought I'd share this, courtesy of withleather.com (http://www.withleather.com//ul/3385-vick%20jail.jpg).

pbarnard
07-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Ron Mexico, indicted by the Feds in a district with 90% taking pleas and 95% of those who go to trial doing the maximum. Nice knowing you, welcome to the title, Most Potential to Never Lived Up To!.

figrin bran
07-19-2007, 02:53 AM
Presenting your Atlanta Falcons starting quarterback, Joey Harrington! lol

mm74md
07-19-2007, 09:52 AM
I'd love it if he took the Falcons to the Super Bowl with JackAzz sitting in jail

figrin bran
07-19-2007, 11:44 AM
I'd love it if he took the Falcons to the Super Bowl with JackAzz sitting in jail

Unfortunately, Joey's talent as a QB will prevent that :p

Bel-Cam Jos
07-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Unfortunately, Joey's talent as a QB will prevent that :pHmm... 2000 Ravens got to the top with Trent Dilfer, and 2002 Bucs won with Brad Johnson. If you have a good defense, running game and a QB who's healthy and not turnover-prone, you can win. Atlanta has some of those, so it's not so far-fetched. But I think '07* is Houston's year. :tired:

* = 3007

Steelers just signed their next middle LB o' the future (until they refuse to pay his market value and let him go... only to draft another LB o' the future... :viciouscycle: ). If we can get a QB who's healthy and not turnover-prone, we have a really good shot at it all, as we have the other ingredients already.

pbarnard
07-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Steelers just signed their next middle LB o' the future (until they refuse to pay his market value and let him go... only to draft another LB o' the future... :viciouscycle: ). If we can get a QB who's healthy and not turnover-prone, we have a really good shot at it all, as we have the other ingredients already.

Well there's always Daunte "Fumble it if I can't throw it to the other team because Moss can't jump and erase my inability to read a defense" Culpeper available.

Course, George Plimpton isn't available anymore either, and that's the only way Atlanta would have a decent quarterback this season.

JetsAndHeels
07-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Im JetsAndHeels, and this is an ESPN extra point.

Atlanta made a big, big mistake by trading Matt Schaub. He should have been starting in Vick's place from the beginning. Vick has never been a good qb. He is just a running back or WR at the qb position. Schaub has the skills to lead a team down the field with his arm. Vick cannot do that; he must rely on running and being flashy.

I would not be surprised if the Falcons release Vick sometime. This is a huge black eye on their organization and the NFL as a whole. Peta is picketing, other groups are voicing their opinions, and I think the majority of us would agree the guy is a scumbag.

Hopefully this will be the end of him and his overrated NFL career.

figrin bran
07-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Im JetsAndHeels, and this is an ESPN extra point.

Atlanta made a big, big mistake by trading Matt Schaub. He should have been starting in Vick's place from the beginning. Vick has never been a good qb. He is just a running back or WR at the qb position. Schaub has the skills to lead a team down the field with his arm. Vick cannot do that; he must rely on running and being flashy.

I would not be surprised if the Falcons release Vick sometime. This is a huge black eye on their organization and the NFL as a whole. Peta is picketing, other groups are voicing their opinions, and I think the majority of us would agree the guy is a scumbag.

Hopefully this will be the end of him and his overrated NFL career.

Oh, i'm afraid not...Al Davis would start drooling were Ronnie Mex to be on the waiver wire. :p

JetsAndHeels
07-24-2007, 12:42 PM
How much more will Arthur Blank tolerate?

This incident has already caused the peta people to stand out in front of the Georgia Dome and the Falcons' main headquarters.

Vick is now going to be at home while the team is in training camp, later he will appear in court.

Nike and other sponsors have pulled their products that endorse him.

pbarnard
07-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Oh, i'm afraid not...Al Davis would start drooling were Ronnie Mex to be on the waiver wire. :p

Well till he put in the dentures, than it might just be a little dribble. Even Raiders have standards. Pot smoking petty thieves with the occasional assault and batterer, that's a Raider. This is "alleged" behavior is just a step to far what even they would tolerate.

Hilarious pres conference with the Falcons brain trust and the response by the Comish. J&H is on the right track. Who cares about the salary cap when he's not good enough to make you anything but a wild card team if he can even get a ball to receiver (ignoring their drops). There's not a thing Vick or the NFLPA can do because they can cut you for anything in the NFL for any reason at any time. Let the Falcons go after his signing bonus.

Let NFL GMs beware underclassmen quarterbacks who run option offenses. At least Rich McKay can't take credit for that blunder, but just should be said for the Matt Millens of the world.

You know what, the first announcer to use the wounded or rabid dog cliches this year, hope they get the memo. Use something, anything else...gladiators, no....damn, they're just going to have to be original this year. Wonder if I should just subscribe to NFL Radio or not than to avoid that mess when it happens.

Kidhuman
07-24-2007, 10:27 PM
F Mr. Mexico. He is going to be indited again in September on a local level for these crimes. The whole town of Blacksburg is in shock. What do you expect from his past and the way his brother acts. These guys were never model citizens. I am so happy and cant wait for Mr. Home Depot to cut his a55.

figrin bran
07-24-2007, 10:59 PM
F Mr. Mexico. He is going to be indited again in September on a local level for these crimes. The whole town of Blacksburg is in shock. What do you expect from his past and the way his brother acts. These guys were never model citizens. I am so happy and cant wait for Mr. Home Depot to cut his a55.

That sounds like a similar situation to Laker fans here in Los Angeles when Kobe Bryant was facing sexual assault charges. By and large, most of them turned a deaf and dumb ear to all the charges and they still continue to support him. :rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
08-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Did anyone else watch the Hall of Fame game last night? Steelers pretty much had their way with the Saints the whole game. Roethlisberger came out on the second play of the game and executed a textbook play-action pass for 55 yards. That led to the first touchdown and then he was out of the game for the evening. Charlie Batch came in for a couple series and tossed a td pass of his own, then Brian St. Pierre played most of the rest.
The Saints looked pretty bad..Drew Brees was 1 for 6 with a total of 6 passing yards. Their corners got burned by 3 different Pittsburgh qb's..Sean Peyton better work on that before the season starts.

Although it was just a preseason game, its great to see football back. On Friday the Jets play Atlanta, kicking off their preseason schedule.

Another month and we have NFL regular season games, im getting psyched!! :)

pbarnard
08-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Did anyone else watch the Hall of Fame game last night? Steelers pretty much had their way with the Saints the whole game. Roethlisberger came out on the second play of the game and executed a textbook play-action pass for 55 yards. That led to the first touchdown and then he was out of the game for the evening. Charlie Batch came in for a couple series and tossed a td pass of his own, then Brian St. Pierre played most of the rest.
The Saints looked pretty bad..Drew Brees was 1 for 6 with a total of 6 passing yards. Their corners got burned by 3 different Pittsburgh qb's..Sean Peyton better work on that before the season starts.

You said it, pre-season. Means nothing. How much of Pittsburgh's effort was for a new coach and trying to prove something? And how is this news that NO defense was the weak link?

Plus it was on the NFL Network which means you, my brother, and the handful of other people who have DirectTV got to see it. The rest of the country got squat. So that is the sound of one hand clapping. (This is directed more against the NFL and Cable companies who refuse to negotiate anything in good faith than anything).

I seem to remember a team that went to 4 straight Super Bowls (did lose them all) but lost 16 preseason games in that same span. The only thing that matters in preseason is injury reports.

JetsAndHeels
08-06-2007, 11:42 AM
The only thing that matters in preseason is injury reports.

And like you said, players trying to prove something to their coach and also those who are on the practice squads who are fighting for a roster spot.

I like preseason games for the fact that you can see your rookies and undrafted guys compete. It isn't good or exciting football usually, but for the guys who are attempting to get into the league somewhere, its all they have.

pbarnard
08-06-2007, 12:23 PM
And like you said, players trying to prove something to their coach and also those who are on the practice squads who are fighting for a roster spot.

I'll have to disagree with that, especially with the salary cap now. There maybe 1 position up for grabs on the rosters, 2 if they carry 3 or 4 quarterbacks. And that is so position related that most people can't tell unless you go indepth enough to read about who has a signing/roster bonus and who doesn't. That means, it's all irrelevant until the final half of the final preseason game. Than you need to look for the guys rotating series or even plays at one singular position. Otherwise its pretty formulatic: starters play one series the first game, play a quarter the second, a half and a series the third, and a series the fourth. 2nd stringers play the remaining first half, remaining half, and half with special teamers/going to be cut soon playing the remaining.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-06-2007, 02:11 PM
You said it, pre-season. Means nothing. How much of Pittsburgh's effort was for a new coach and trying to prove something? And how is this news that NO defense was the weak link?

Plus it was on the NFL Network which means you, my brother, and the handful of other people who have DirectTV got to see it. The rest of the country got squat. So that is the sound of one hand clapping.

The only thing that matters in preseason is injury reports.Any win is nice, if you support that team, so a Pitt win (the HOF game carries a tab bit of prestige, especially for the nearby teams in PA or OH) gets two hands clapping from me. :D

I really thought that ESPN2 had it, so I wasted a few minutes of my life on that error.

Especially to fantasy owners, as well. But teams with QB battles watch for that, too.

DarthQuack
08-06-2007, 02:26 PM
If you go over to ESPN and click on fantasy you can practice doing some mock drafts. Pretty cool to get a feel if you know where you're going to pick.

JetsAndHeels
08-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Any win is nice, if you support that team, so a Pitt win (the HOF game carries a tab bit of prestige, especially for the nearby teams in PA or OH) gets two hands clapping from me. :D

Steelers looked very solid in the game. Cedric Wilson had 96 receiving yards before the end of the 1st quarter. Najeh Davenport got one rushing td, and charlie batch threw a td to Santonio Holmes.

Even Brian St. Pierre had some good looking passes.

2-1B
08-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Dish Network has NFL Net as well.

JetsAndHeels
08-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Plus it was on the NFL Network which means you, my brother, and the handful of other people who have DirectTV got to see it.

I've got Dish Network.

2-1B
08-06-2007, 09:27 PM
I don't have NFL Net (stupid Time Warner :mad: ) but my mom has it on Dish Network...I can watch it there if I want.

JetsAndHeels
08-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Jets v Falcons tonight baby!!

It's not televised here (supposed to be replayed on NFL network later) but I am tuning in to the game online. Can't wait!! I don't care if its preseason, I am just excited!!

DarthQuack
08-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Kenny Irons RB for the Bengals, done for the season after tearing a ligament last night against the Lions.....check him off your draft list.

Rogue II
08-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, DQ.

You know what's weird? The Bills vs. Saints preseason game is televised here in Vegas tonight. I'm not complaining. It just seems like a rather random paring of teams for Las Vegas to air. Usually it is the Raiders, Cardinals, or Chargers.

JetsAndHeels
08-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Bring this thread back!!

Preseason is going on and the start of the regular season is not far away!!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Bring this thread back!!

Preseason is going on and the start of the regular season is not far away!!Things have to happen first. This has been a standard preseason so far, and thankfully, fewer injuries have occurred.

JetsAndHeels
08-20-2007, 12:04 PM
This has been a standard preseason so far, and thankfully, fewer injuries have occurred.

I guess you didn't catch the Giants/Ravens game last night.

Just off the top of my head, here are some injuries that have happened in the preseason so far:

RB Thomas Jones (Jets)-calf strain, could be achilles from what I hear
DE Ebenezer Ekuban (Broncos)-torn achilles, out for season
RB Travis Henry (Broncos)-sprained knee
QB Jason Campbell (Redskins)-bruised knee, day to day
RB Kenny Irons (Bengals)-torn achilles, out for season
DE Ryan Denney (Bills)-broken foot, out indefinately
WR Steve Smith (Giants)-concussion last night
WR Mike Jennings (Giants)-torn achilles, out for season
CB Sam Madison (Giants)-pulled hamstring, out indefinately

General_Grievous
08-20-2007, 02:11 PM
The Steelers' defense are back on their injuring game as well.

DarthQuack
08-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Giants are off to a wonderful start....plenty of injuries....Manning is eh....no Tiki.....should be a fun season!

JetsAndHeels
08-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Things have to happen first.

And oh they have!! Don't drop the soap Senor Mexico.

Falcons | Vick expected to get 10-12 months
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 13:40:49 -0700

Updating an ongoing story, Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick is expected to receive a 10- to 12-month prison sentence after he pleads guilty to federal dogfighting charges.

kool-aid killer
08-20-2007, 05:27 PM
I was hoping Vick would avoid the plea deal and end up being convicted and getting the maximum penalty.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-20-2007, 07:58 PM
And oh they have!!I guess I should've clarified that as non-Vick stories. I want to hear phrases like "free agent bargain," "second string," or "defensive backfield" instead of "plea bargains," "second offense," or "defendants." :(

I really don't think the Steelers are dirty on defense, but as a fan, it does seem to be happening too often. And yeah, the BAL-NYG game tipped the injury scale a bit.

pbarnard
08-21-2007, 09:59 AM
I was hoping Vick would avoid the plea deal and end up being convicted and getting the maximum penalty.

Well about the only thing Shrub (RIP Molly Ivens) has done is appoint this guy who probably will give the maximum.

Watched the first half of that NYG-BAL game. They were dropping like flies. While concussions and ruptured achilles are unpreventable in the game, the rest of the injuries (muscle pulls/strains for the most part) are really the fault of the athletes conditioning and the teams strength and conditioning program. See a team get decimated by the dreaded hamstring injury and you'll see a new strength and conditioning coach.

kool-aid killer
08-21-2007, 11:01 AM
The Bears beat the Colts last night, 27-24 in a preseason game. It was nice to see the Grossman of last year return, the one that just bumbles around.

pbarnard
08-21-2007, 02:39 PM
The Bears beat the Colts last night, 27-24 in a preseason game. It was nice to see the Grossman of last year return, the one that just bumbles around.

Along with Griese beating up on 2nd teamers, much less the don't tackle Colts 2nd teamers who aren't even good enough to start there.

DarthQuack
08-21-2007, 03:10 PM
I couldn't believe Grossman had more turnovers last season by himself than 18 NFL teams did.

kool-aid killer
08-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Along with Griese beating up on 2nd teamers, much less the don't tackle Colts 2nd teamers who aren't even good enough to start there.

If there is anything that comforts me about that preseason game its that the Bears' scrubs and soon to be cut players are better than the Colts' scrubs and soon to be cut players. Not much, i know, but its something to build the faith back up.

pbarnard
08-21-2007, 05:29 PM
If there is anything that comforts me about that preseason game its that the Bears' scrubs and soon to be cut players are better than the Colts' scrubs and soon to be cut players. Not much, i know, but its something to build the faith back up.

Or the Colts roster is much more set than anything and therefore no need to try that hard. It is the preseason, and therefore meaningless over all. Remember, their GM is the guy who's previous job went to 4 Superbowls and lost 16 preseasons games (all of them) in that span. Tony Dungee's Tampa teams weren't that much better.

Preseason after the starters and the public position battles are made known, are meaningless. Its why backups who look great in preseason go to new teams as the starter and often fail (Kelly Holcombe, Bill Voleck, Frank Reich, etc) because they go up against inferior competition in a meaningless setting. You'll say Steve Young. Not a valid comparison, pre-salary cap/free agency, and it is why there were dynasties because teams could stockpile talent to prevent it from going to other teams as much as having it for their own needs. Hope Houston enjoys that bill of goods that they bought. At least Atlanta now has a proven starter who can hit a receiver with more accuracy than their previous QB. 90% of the QBs should do what Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer were asked to do when they won Super Bowls, don't turn it over, pick up a 3rd and 6th, and hand it off on first and second down. There are only so many Peyton Mannings/Tom Bradys out there.

2-1B
09-05-2007, 07:10 PM
http://18to88.com/Articles/starwars2007.htm
I saw that link at TFN, some of the comparisons were witty.

Here we go, Saints and Colts tomorrow !!!!!

2-1B
09-06-2007, 10:45 PM
What's that greenish looking sticker thing on the back of Manning and Brees' helmets? Is it a QB marker or something? Not sure what that's all about...

UKWildcat
09-06-2007, 11:09 PM
It is a QB marker, not sure the significance.

Come on Saints!!! At least make it interesting... :mad:

2-1B
09-06-2007, 11:27 PM
I thought maybe it's a cover for a radio transmitter or maybe a warning to defensive players to go easy on a guy with the green tag ? :confused:

I'm surprised the Saints offense hasn't scored more than a FG. :rolleyes:

UKWildcat
09-06-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm surprised the Saints offense hasn't scored more than a FG. :rolleyes:

You and me both.

figrin bran
09-06-2007, 11:42 PM
I love watching $aint Reggie on the losing end of games!

This is our country.

DarthQuack
09-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Colts laid down an butt kicking performance tonight.....Had Brees in my $ fantasy league....so I took it on the chin for week 1.

UKWildcat
09-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Had Brees in my $ fantasy league....so I took it on the chin for week 1.

Me too DQ... Brees got me all of 1 point, but I have all my other players/positions yet to play, so hopefully I can pull out a miracle victory. Will update after Monday night. :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
09-07-2007, 07:07 AM
Brees and Bush sucked it up for me last night.

JetsAndHeels
09-07-2007, 09:22 AM
I thought maybe it's a cover for a radio transmitter or maybe a warning to defensive players to go easy on a guy with the green tag ? :confused:

It means that the player has a direct line to speak to the coach/coordinators through his helmet. They put mikes and speakers in the helmet.

2-1B
09-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Here we go J&H, Pats/Jets will be on CBS while I watch the Packers and Eagles coming up in a few minutes...I'll be flipping to the other game during commercials and halftime of the Packer game, so good luck to your Jets. :)

The late game we're getting is Chicago @ San Diego so that should be fun, too.

Welcome back NFL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
09-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Here we go J&H, Pats/Jets will be on CBS while I watch the Packers and Eagles coming up in a few minutes...I'll be flipping to the other game during commercials and halftime of the Packer game, so good luck to your Jets. :)

Thanks Caesar...too bad the Jets stunk up the joint today.

UKWildcat
09-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks Caesar...too bad the Jets stunk up the joint today.

Sorry to see the Jets suck it up JAH, but they didn't suck nearly as bad as my team (Tampa Bay). :(

General_Grievous
09-10-2007, 08:22 PM
And it only took Chad Johnson 20 minutes into the Bengals' first game to start showboating. Welcome back, indeed.

BTW, why the hell was Chad Pennington's ankle injury met with applause yesterday?

2-1B
09-10-2007, 08:22 PM
I miss the old Orange Swashbuckler uniforms. :Pirate:

Chad Johnson's jacket after his 1st TD tonight was lame - he'd have to have retired by 2004 to have a shot at the HOF for the 2000s...

2-1B
09-10-2007, 08:24 PM
BTW, why the hell was Chad Pennington's ankle injury met with applause yesterday?

Because he's Chad Pennington...and because it's New York City. :dead:

I wonder if they cheered for Eli's injury ? lol

JetsAndHeels
09-10-2007, 09:35 PM

I can't even begin to guess why. I thought it was a mixture of applause for him making it to the sideline combined with applause for Kellen Clemens.

All I know is Chad earned alot of my respect yesterday by coming back in and playing hurt.

Kidhuman
09-10-2007, 10:44 PM
What about the Pats being accused of cheating by having the cameraman filming the Jets signs? I hope they burn for that one.

pbarnard
09-10-2007, 10:53 PM
What about the Pats being accused of cheating by having the cameraman filming the Jets signs? I hope they burn for that one.

Not the first time they've been accused or investigated. Hope it does cost them draft picks though.

figrin bran
09-10-2007, 11:06 PM

That sounds like the work of Belicheck all right.

2-1B
09-10-2007, 11:45 PM
I feel awful for Kevin Everett of the Bills sustaining such a terrible injury. :cry:

figrin bran
09-11-2007, 12:09 AM
It was a life threatening injury at that too. Let's hope he can recover even if the chances are slim.

2-1B
09-11-2007, 01:19 AM
Here's the latest report I found: :cry:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/09/10/bc.fbn.bills.everetthur.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Wow, it's hard to believe it's been 16 years since Mike Utley got hurt.

Kidhuman
09-11-2007, 07:15 AM
Terrible news on Everett. Reminded me of Dennis Byrd. I hope that everything turns out well for him. Touch sensation sounds like a good thing, but you never know.

Edit: just found this link on anohter site to send best wishes to Mr. Everett.

http://www.buffalobills.com/KevinEverett.jsp

JetsAndHeels
09-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Uh oh...somebody is in trouble!!

Courtesy of the following website:
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/sports/14088132/detail.html

BOSTON -- New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick has been summoned to New York by the NFL Commissioner, SportsCenter 5 reported Tuesday.SportsCenter 5 reporter Mike Dowling said Belichick has been called for a meeting Friday with Commissioner Roger Goodell to answer allegations that a Patriots employee was videotaping New York Jets' coaches signals during the season opener on Sunday.That's against National Football League rules.

EDIT: Apparently the Patriots team is denying these reports that Belicheck is being summoned. I guess we will have to wait for more details.

pbarnard
09-11-2007, 04:53 PM
EDIT: Apparently the Patriots team is denying these reports that Belicheck is being summoned. I guess we will have to wait for more details.

Just like the Giants are denying Eli Manning is injured. You can video tape from the stands, the press box, use the game film/tv broadcasts, but you can't use your own camera man, because that would be against the agreement of the network partners and NFL Films for sideline exclusivity.

JetsAndHeels
09-11-2007, 05:59 PM
From ESPN.com

Sources: Goodell determines Pats broke league rules by spying on Jets
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com

Updated: September 11, 2007, 5 8 PM ET

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that the New England Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the New York Jets' coaches, league sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella on the New England sidelines when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Sources say the visual evidence confirmed the suspicion.

Goodell is considering severe sanctions, including the possibility of docking the Patriots "multiple draft picks" because it is the competitive violation in the wake of a stern warning to all teams since he became commissioner, the sources said. The Patriots have been suspected in previous incidents.

The Patriots will be allowed an opportunity to present their case by Friday, sources said, most likely via the telephone.

The league also was reviewing a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during Sunday's game, sources said. The team did not have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.

Goodell is expected to have a decision no later than Friday but that is not set in stone.

The league refused comment but did confirm Monday that they were reviewing a possible violation by the Patriots.

JetsAndHeels
09-11-2007, 11:08 PM
The Pats are dirty cheaters. This thing has ****ed me off more over the past few hours since Goodell and the league decided to punish the Pats.

Take a look at this breakdown of how the nation sees this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=48203

Rogue II
09-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Good news for Everett. He moved his arms and legs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-everetthurt&prov=ap&type=lgns

2-1B
09-11-2007, 11:28 PM
They can't forfeit the win, that would be too much...they did still play the Jets, afterall. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. :(

I wonder how many other teams do this, though? And was Mangini involved in this when he worked for Double B ? I wish Belichick did this when he worked for Cleveland...we could have used the help. ;)

JetsAndHeels
09-11-2007, 11:47 PM
They can't forfeit the win, that would be too much...they did still play the Jets, afterall. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. :(

I don't care about a forfeit, and I know it won't happen...this still is a shame and I hate it because the Pats sure did not need to cheat to beat the Jets. Belichick is just an ***** and this confirms it.

This sucks.

2-1B
09-11-2007, 11:57 PM
No arguments there, friend.

You hit the main point though - they shouldn't have needed to do that to beat the Jets...because the two programs are in different stages of development...so WHY did they do it ? I already disliked NE and The Hoodie, but now I REALLY despise them.

figrin bran
09-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Too bad this isn't the NCAA or else they could be put on probation and ruled bowl/post season ineligible.

Even for the Hoodie this is stooping really low...alright they won't let us clutch and grab receivers any longer so we're going to steal their signals?????

CaptainSolo1138
09-12-2007, 08:34 AM
This totally makes up for the blown PAT.

kool-aid killer
09-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Everrets a young guy, i hope hes able to recover as best as possible considering the situation.

The Pats are dirtbags. Im glad it only took week 1 to remind me of that.

CaptainSolo1138
09-12-2007, 08:21 PM
The Pats are dirtbags. Im glad it only took week 1 to remind me of that.
Yes, and by the same standards so are all major league baseball teams.:rolleyes:

Kidhuman
09-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Cappy you need to post the screen shot of Mikes Cubed in the booth from MNF.

2-1B
09-12-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm sure you're not talking about "The Grab", right ?

I don't see what the big deal is...I do that on TV all the time. :confused:

CaptainSolo1138
09-13-2007, 09:50 AM
That's the one.

God bless Ditka's Little Orange Man.

2-1B
09-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Greenie's line of sight as well as his hand position makes him look somehow culpable in all of this.

Kidhuman
09-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Thanks Caesar, that pic is awesome.

2-1B
09-13-2007, 08:43 PM
You're welcome, KH. :D

The hammer just dropped on the Boston Patriots:
500K for The Hoodie
250K for the Pats
2008 1st Round pick if they make the playoffs.

Kidhuman
09-13-2007, 09:23 PM
and if they dont make the playoffs, 2nd and 3rd round

2-1B
09-13-2007, 09:37 PM
They didn't spend all that time videotaping to fall short of the playoffs. lol lol lol

kool-aid killer
09-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Yes, and by the same standards so are all major league baseball teams.:rolleyes:

Baseball is a bit different. When a pitcher feels their hand signs have been compromised they send a ball flying close to the batter to warn them. NFL teams on the other hand dont send a lineman to run into coaches they feel are stealing their signals. Big difference.

figrin bran
09-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Baseball is a bit different. When a pitcher feels their hand signs have been compromised they send a ball flying close to the batter to warn them. NFL teams on the other hand dont send a lineman to run into coaches they feel are stealing their signals. Big difference.

Now having said that, who wouldn't want to see Jamal Williams of the Chargers or the Bears' Tommie Harris take down the Hoodie?

CaptainSolo1138
09-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Baseball is a bit different. When a pitcher feels their hand signs have been compromised they send a ball flying close to the batter to warn them. NFL teams on the other hand dont send a lineman to run into coaches they feel are stealing their signals. Big difference.Warn him of what? Not to look at the signs a foot and a half from his face? How does the pitcher know who's looking in? It doesn't have to be the batter. If there's a runner on second, he has a better view than anyone except the pitcher. Is the pitcher supposed to make a pick-off attempt on the runner's head?

I totally disagree with you on this. Stealing signs is as much a part of baseball as the curveball. Throwing at someone's head as a defense against stealing signs? Not so much.

kool-aid killer
09-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Your whole logic has been that since its ok to steal signs in baseball than its ok to in football. Obviously from the uproar that this event has caused most people dont agree with you. I simply said that baseball teams arent against doing something to a member of the opposing team if they feel their signs are being stolen. Football teams on the other hand dont. I laid it out pretty simple there, if you cant understand that then dont bother responding, i really dont want to read another comment about baseball in a football thread. Dont drag this thread off topic to in an attempt to support your opinion.

CaptainSolo1138
09-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Your whole logic has been that since its ok to steal signs in baseball than its ok to in football.I don't necessarily believe that it's OK in baseball. What I'm saying is that if the signs are there people are gonna do what they can to get an edge. While there is an unspoken "honor code" that it isn't cool to do it, it's human nature.

Obviously from the uproar that this event has caused most people dont agree with you.It's caused an uproar because of how ignorant the Pats went about doing it and the relative rarity of it happening (or at least being documented) in football. I'm sure there were many more subtle avenues to pursue rather than having some guy with a video camera tape them. I don't really need people to agree with me on it. That's what makes it an opinion, not a fact.

I simply said that baseball teams arent against doing something to a member of the opposing team if they feel their signs are being stolen. Football teams on the other hand dont.Can you prove that?

i really dont want to read another comment about baseball in a football thread. Dont drag this thread off topic to in an attempt to support your opinion.Then ignore it, but I'm not going to just say, "OK, you win." and not post a response.

Kidhuman
09-14-2007, 03:36 PM
In baseball, when a runner is on second, the catcher will go to the mound and tell him what set of signals they will use. It is never the same.

In football, the D Coordinator can not go on the field and huddle with them.

Rocketboy
09-14-2007, 04:19 PM
In baseball, when a runner is on second, theNo no no - What is on second.

JetsAndHeels
09-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Let's get back on topic here guys..

The main idea is that the Pats and Bill Belicheat are scum!! I hope the Chargers beat them by 4 td's Sunday night (ok that won't happen but its a nice thought).

Rogue II
09-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Hey J&H, here is one for you:

JETS VILMA ON EVERETT: Jets MLB Jonathan Vilma had some comments this week on his former college teammate Kevin Everett and his cervical spine injury.

"I heard he was able to move his arms and legs now, so that’s great," said Vilma. "I am going to give him a call today. That was a load off my chest because I played with him for two years. It was just tough to see the play and know it is hitting so close to home. You just hear about it and it hasn’t happened in a while, maybe the last 10 years or something like that. For that to happen, to especially someone that I know, is tough."

When asked if he thinks Everett will walk again Vilma was confident.

"He is going to do it, he is definitely going to do it. That is not an issue. If he has a chance, he is going to take it."

In a strange twist of fate the Jets just visited a local high school player in Queens who suffered a broken neck during a football scrimmage. And the high school senior Blake Hunt actually had some well wishes for Everett.
http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1925

Kidhuman
09-14-2007, 09:47 PM
The main idea is that the Pats and Bill Belicheat are scum!! I hope the Chargers beat them by 4 td's Sunday night (ok that won't happen but its a nice thought).

The last time the Bolts went to Foxboro, they won 41-17, so it isnt impossible.

JetsAndHeels
09-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Hey J&H, here is one for you:

http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1925

That's a great story, thanks for posting it.

Vilma is one of my favorite Jets...hopefully he will stay on the team after this year, but since Mangini switched schemes to a 3-4 his production has been off.
He is a good LB now..he would be a great LB in the NFC.

You haven't lived until you watch Elmo on Sesame Street say "Laveranues Coles". :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9axP1A4ZGA

General_Grievous
09-14-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm just surprised it was the Jets on Sesame Street and not the Colts. Manning's been selling himself like a hooker lately.

JetsAndHeels
09-14-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm just surprised it was the Jets on Sesame Street and not the Colts. Manning's been selling himself like a hooker lately.

Good point.

That clip is from last year. Notice the zip on that pass from Pennington to Elmo. :)

2-1B
09-16-2007, 08:18 PM
It's just sports, so I'm not saying this in a personal way...but I hate Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin.

DarthQuack
09-16-2007, 08:25 PM
So the Lions, Texans, and Packers are all 2-0. Is this still the NFL?

Kidhuman
09-16-2007, 08:36 PM
I got eliminated from the survivor pool today as I went with Cincinnati. Freaking Bengals D cant hold a s**t team down.

Rocketboy
09-16-2007, 08:44 PM
So the Lions, Texans, and Packers are all 2-0. Is this still the NFL?Hey, the Lions tried to lose repeatedly, but the Vikings wanted the L just a little more.

2-1B
09-16-2007, 09:26 PM
I liked TO's videotaping tribute in the endzone today. lol

JetsAndHeels
09-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Jets lost today (no thanks to that POS Justin McCareins), but still Kellen Clemens showed alot at the qb position. He is definately our qb of the future.

kool-aid killer
09-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Is Pennington close to getting the boot from the Jets?

The Bears won yesterday against the Chiefs. Hester was awesome, without his punt returns the game would of been a bit too close for my liking.

JetsAndHeels
09-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Is Pennington close to getting the boot from the Jets?

I don't think so. It is still Chad's job to lose (Coach Mangini believes this), and he will probably get the nod on Sunday vs the Dolphins. Having said that, if Chad gets injured again or plays poorly then Clemens will probably come in more, and particularly toward the end of the season.

2-1B
09-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Good luck against the 'phins, sir, I'd like to see the Jets put one in the win column. :)

Hey how 'bout those Browns ? lol lol lol

JetsAndHeels
09-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Good luck against the 'phins, sir, I'd like to see the Jets put one in the win column. :)

Thanks. For the first time this season this is a game I really feel they can win. Not saying they will, but the Jets usually play well against the Dolphins.

Hey how 'bout those Browns ? lol lol lol

Yeah, how about that....11 total td's in that game. And its scary that Derek Anderson of all people threw 5 of those. Great win, congrats.

UKWildcat
09-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Man, that Bengals Browns game was just insanity. I don't think anyone predicted that one. I know in all my pick 'ems and survival leagues everyone had Cinci winning that one.

Was good to see Tampa Bay win one. Speaking of which, WTF is up with The Saints?!?!?

Hey JAH, I was pulling for the Jets to upset the Ravens, I really was. Sorry about that tough loss. From what I saw though, Clemens looked pretty good. I knew all about Cotchery from last season, but he looked outstanding considering the defense. I was wanting Leon Wash. to be more involved though, I like him.

JetsAndHeels
09-17-2007, 10:59 PM
UK, Clemens did look good. Cotchery was also great, and you are right Leon wasn't involved enough.

Now that you have me started (hehe), let me just take this opportunity to say that Justin Mccareins is a total bum. Clemens put 2 passes right on him yesterday that could have gotten us a touchdown to tie the game (with the xp of course). Mccareins instead decides that he doesn't need to catch that ball, and as a matter of fact the Jets do not need to win a game. Why even bother?

It is almost 11pm eastern time the day after, and this bum is still on the team. Why, why, why??

2-1B
09-17-2007, 11:01 PM
The Saints. :rolleyes: That was my 3rd Survivor pick in yet another league...I thought I would spread the wealth around and not risk getting booted from all 3 leagues - so the Saints and Bengals really burned me. I thought for sure the Aints would drop the hammer on the Pirates after last week's happenings.

The Foreskins are beating the Eagles by a TD now, huh.

figrin bran
09-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Apparently Brian Billick is crying about the Jets D yelling out signals to throw off the Ravens offense!http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqOwGQIED53hq2ObTeHsJapDubYF?slug=ap-billick-accusation&prov=ap&type=lgns

ridiculous!

JetsAndHeels
09-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Haha, that's great. The Jets now cheat to get an advantage, and still lose!! :)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Steelers look very strong. Yeah, two home games and playing teams that combined for a 3-6 record, but their defense is solid, if not dominating again, and the offense and special teams are efficient and fairly error-free.

2-1B
09-23-2007, 09:49 PM
But if you take out the Steeler's victories, those teams are 3-3...don't be so hard on them. :)

I loved the Eagles unis today.

JetsAndHeels
09-23-2007, 11:37 PM
No offense to Bobafrett or any other Bears fans here (and I know my Jets are not a great team)...but Rex Grossman is garbage.

UKWildcat
09-23-2007, 11:59 PM
Yeah, it truly is amazing that he is a/their starting quarterback. :confused:

JetsAndHeels
09-24-2007, 12:17 AM
Yeah, it truly is amazing that he is a/their starting quarterback. :confused:

If the Bears had an actual decent qb last year, they may have very well won the superbowl. They had the defense, just could not come up on offense. Gee, wonder why?

Wasn't Thomas Jones at RB
Wasn't the receivers (Berrian, Muhammad, etc)
Wasn't Desmond Clark at TE

Gee, who could it be?

That's right, sexy Rexy!!

2-1B
09-24-2007, 12:31 AM
Rex's performance tonight was gross, man.

figrin bran
09-24-2007, 12:34 AM
The Lions are who we thought they were!

pbarnard
09-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Up in Minneapolis on a trip, and there's next to no mention of the Vikings at all. Their coverage is burried in the sports section of the Star Tribune, imo. Nothing on the tv.

2-1B
09-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Way to go Saints, glad they remembered they are the Saints. :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
10-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Good day of football topped off with the NY Football Giants sacking McNabb 12 times. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
10-01-2007, 02:48 AM
I picked Houston in the Survival pool. Thanks for nothing Texans!

Slicker
10-01-2007, 04:18 AM
How bout them Lions?!?! What the hell did they change in the off season?

Kidhuman
10-01-2007, 07:17 AM
They have a QB and a some order of a running game. Those WR picks are finally paying off. Their QB has balls, playing with a concussion. They have heart it seems. They havent sniffed 3-1 since a fella named Barry was there.

Qui-Long Gone
10-01-2007, 10:04 AM
The Lions are doing well, but they would never beat Green Bay or Dallas....

*As always my Colts executed their overrated oppenents with cruel efficiency....Denver is Indy's b!tch...

Come October, New England will continue to be Indy's other b!tch...

Great meltdowns of 2007: San Diego, Chicago, St. Louis and the Eagles offensive line against the Giants!:razz:

kool-aid killer
10-01-2007, 11:36 AM
No offense to Bobafrett or any other Bears fans here (and I know my Jets are not a great team)...but Rex Grossman is garbage.

Apparently so is Griese. :cry: But seriously, i wouldnt be surprised when the draft rolls around if the Bears go for a new QB. I dont see Orten being able to step up and be a competent guy for them. Griese is only keeping the spot warm, and Grossmans chances of getting a second shot are very slim right now.

Giving up 34 points in a fourth quarter is brutal. Its probably better that they didnt air the game around here, i would of tossed the television out the window.

jjreason
10-01-2007, 12:20 PM
The Bears are going to have to start looking ahead sadly, even though it's only week 5. I already have serious, serious doubts about their ability to make the playoffs.

UKWildcat
10-01-2007, 02:13 PM
I picked Houston in the Survival pool. Thanks for nothing Texans!

Well I picked 'A Whales Vagina' to win and they lost to KC, I thought hey had that one on lock down.... WTF!?!?!??!? :mad:

kool-aid killer
10-01-2007, 02:15 PM
No kidding. Back in the day Favre used to carve them up and the way the Packers are playing right now it might be a repeat of those painful 90's games.

With a banged up defense and an offense thats stinking it up game after game, im hoping and praying for a .500 season right now.

JetsAndHeels
10-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Apparently so is Griese. :cry: But seriously, i wouldnt be surprised when the draft rolls around if the Bears go for a new QB. I dont see Orten being able to step up and be a competent guy for them. Griese is only keeping the spot warm, and Grossmans chances of getting a second shot are very slim right now.

It's been said several times on the Jets board that Chad Pennington would be an ideal fit for the Bears. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

The Bears of 2006 are a mirror image of the Ravens of 2000 (except for the championship). The Bears have a good defense, they just need a qb who is more reliable than Grossman who can manage a game to a certain degree. Chad P can do that and in the NFC he would do much better than he does for the Jets.

The dink and dunk offense he helps to run in NY doesn't work well. See yesterday's game for proof of that. However in Chicago it could work efficiently. Plus the Bears are going to be desperate for some help at the qb position. This is a deal I could definately see getting done.

figrin bran
10-01-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm sure the Bears would welcome Thomas Jones back at this point.

Qui-Long Gone
10-03-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm sure they'd take back Jim McMahon!

2-1B
10-04-2007, 01:33 AM
or Doug Flutie

figrin bran
10-04-2007, 02:45 AM
Cedric Benson, Curtis Enis, Rashaan Salaam what's the difference?

2-1B
10-04-2007, 08:01 PM
They're not Neal Anderson.

Rocketboy
10-08-2007, 12:04 AM
How in the f*ck did I win the Survival Football Fantasy League?

Cappy and...whoever the other guy is lost by picking the Packers over the Bears (GB 20, CHI 27), and I chose the Chargers over Denver (SD 41 - DEN 3).

This is a sign of the Apocalypse, isn't it?

2-1B
10-08-2007, 12:06 AM
I'm the other douchebag who picked GB. :bored: They should have put up a big score like the Bolts did but TOs (not to be confused with Terrell Owens) prevented the knockout blow...

UKWildcat
10-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Congrats RB!

Kinda sad that the Survival League is over, and we are only 5 weeks in. :eek:

Maybe we could create another for the remainder of the season?!?!?

2-1B
10-08-2007, 12:18 AM
Yuke I believe it will start up again, same league and everything. Round two begins now. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
10-08-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm the other douchebag who picked GB. :bored: They should have put up a big score like the Bolts did but TOs (not to be confused with Terrell Owens) prevented the knockout blow...I expected to be knocked out by week 3 because I love watching football, but I don't really follow football too closely (I see the stats, highlights, analysis, ect and forget 95% immediately)

But if it makes you feel any better, I came really close to making the same pick.

Congrats RB!

Kinda sad that the Survival League is over, and we are only 5 weeks in. :eek:

Maybe we could create another for the remainder of the season?!?!?Thanks! Is it possible to do a kind of round 2 and restart everyone on Yahoo? Or would someone have to do it here and keep track of everything?

2-1B
10-08-2007, 12:19 AM
In years past, it just starts up automatically on Yahoo...so everyone go back and just put in your pick for next week after it resets. :)

figrin bran
10-08-2007, 12:43 AM
Congratulations RB!

Hopefully the 2nd round won't end in 5 weeks again!

Lord Malakite
10-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Looks like the Burger Kings in the Cincinnati area are doing Bengals bobbleheads again this year.

UKWildcat
10-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Wow!!! What a bizarre, and very good, game tonight. :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
10-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Wow, Romo played like crap and still pulled a win out of his * * *
I hope the Cowboys beat the Pats next week by 20 tds.

Rogue II
10-09-2007, 12:38 AM
As a Bills' fan, I'm not sure if I should be depresssed because they lost or happy they kept it close.

jedi master sal
10-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Whoo-hoo, my Steelers are 4-1! And they did it this week with some key injuries to their players (Troy Polamalu, Hines Ward, Casey Hampton) and still overcame that deficit. Not only to win, but to SHUT-OUT the Seahawks!

2-1B
10-09-2007, 01:08 AM
As a Bills' fan, I'm not sure if I should be depresssed because they lost or happy they kept it close.

I'm not a fan of either team tonight but from my perspective, it's not THAT the Bills lost, but HOW they lost...if they would have just lost a close game, that would be different than letting one get away like that. Yikes ! :(

JetsAndHeels
10-11-2007, 08:09 AM
Check this (http://www.firehermedwards.com/Home.html) out guys....about Herm edwards in KC

LMAO!!

Qui-Long Gone
10-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Colts are 5-0!

I will be the biggest Cowboy fan this Sunday!