PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Anakin?

speedermike
02-04-2002, 05:13 PM
Am I the only one that's really confused by Hasbro's choice to not have a "Jedi" Anakin released somewhere in the first waves?

I thought that he would be the central figure. He's going to be the one that all the kids want, along with Jango. The outfit we're getting him in is only worn in a small portion of the film, and (as far as I know) involves no action scenes.

It's kind of like if Kenner made the "X-Wing" Luke before the "Tatooine" Luke.

I was kind of expecting him to show up in the Deluxe line, but now that we've seen pics, I'm totally perplexed.

I like enough of what I've seen of the E2 figures to be excited. But not having the main character in his signiture outfit in the initial wave, is a really bad idea.

I hope Hasbro proves me wrong.

derek
02-04-2002, 05:17 PM
just because we have not seen him, does not mean he won't be on the pegs on april 23. nevertheless, we'll be swimming in jedi anakin resculpts this time next year.

Lord Tenebrous
02-04-2002, 05:38 PM
Hasbro probably didn't like the prototype Jedi Anakin with Jedi Swing and Removable Arm features, so they sent him back to the production stage, and we'll get two instead. :rolleyes:

There will probably hopefully be a wave with Ani, Obi, Dooku, and Yoda that's released around May 16.

evenflow
02-04-2002, 06:26 PM
Don't worry, I am sure we will be getting one. I have no doubts.

Beast
02-04-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
There will probably hopefully be a wave with Ani, Obi, Dooku, and Yoda that's released around May 16.

I think thats what Hasbro is waiting on, releasing any figures that are to spoilerish in the April premiere release. So they are holding off on the Jedi Duel Ani, Obi, Dooku and Yoda since we know from spoilers they will have some things Lucas might not want out til after May. For instance:

Anakin Skywalker w/Blue and Green Lightsabers

Count Dooku w/ Red and Blue Lightsabers

Yoda w/ Green Lightsaber and Crane (Deluxe Figure)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
02-04-2002, 08:02 PM
But the beauty of this is that Yoda doesn't have to be a deluxe figure, because he's small. Then can give him a 'saber and the crane, and still pack it as a regular carded.

Of course, how to use the crane in a scene remains to be seen. It's not like using a magnet for a saber or a probe droid...

Jargo
02-05-2002, 01:29 PM
have you seen the LEGO™ version? A crane can be used in any Tatooine scene you care to create, especially with the Falcon in a docking bay sort of thing. You can use it with the Imperials in a docking bay sort of thing. Or the rebels in a secret hidden docking bay sort of thing............ :( Oh deary me.....

But you're right about Yoda with crane not qualifying for deluxe status. All these smaller characters should be packed two to a card if they're gonna cost the same as a normal figure. I only ever buy the diddy figures if they're on clearance normally. But Hasbro are definately stiffing us with small figures. One astro droid on a card and it costs the same as a big figure like Padme with arena pillar or Anakin with storage chest. ridiculous!

back to the thread topic. I can see an Anakin Jedi figure hitting shelves on april 23rd. How could they hope to get the kids interested if they don't have a million and one hero figures and toys? Whether it be a basic figure or a deluxe figure I reckon he'll be there. I mean the whole damn film is about him and his girlfiend isn't it? Seems that way anyhow. That and some darned guy in a bucket who can't shoot straight....... How many figures of a second rate villian do we need? Oh, you Fett fans have got a lot to answer for...!

Lord Skywalker
02-05-2002, 02:11 PM
Fett? Did someone say Fett?
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:p

evenflow
02-05-2002, 03:07 PM
Even if Yoda is small, Hasbro will try to milk some more money out of us and put him in the deluxe assortment .

InsaneJediGirl
02-05-2002, 03:50 PM
I agree evenflow

Hasbro will slap some all-magical "force" action with a Yoda
figure and say.."Hey,That costs us a penny more..lets package
it as a deluxe".And then,we will be stuck with a $10 Yoda.(
That is,if you choose to get it)

Beast
02-05-2002, 04:35 PM
Well, on the figure list I grabbed on-line. Yoda was listed in the deluxe assortment. So, thats why I think thats how he'll show up. Probably packed in with his lightsaber, Gimer Stick, the Crane. Maybe they will give him cloth robes for once and two legs. That would make lil ole Yoda worthy of deluxe. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-05-2002, 07:24 PM
isn't that missing the point somewhat? yoda is one of the smallest characters there are. Whether he has two articulated legs r cloth robes or a real gold gimer stick he doesn't qualify as being worth the same amount as the regular human sized figures. To say that just packing in acrane justifies his deluxe status is ludicrous considering the pack-ins for Anakin and Padme. These smaller figures should be costing less than the larger ones regardless. Would you be happy if a small car cost the same as a large MPV but had only the same features? Doubt it. Scale that down to the figures and you start to see how it's a bit of a rip off. Like why is there just one astro droid to a card when it's so small? Or Boba Fett or the episode one Anakins? It's so easy for hasbro to take your money isn't it?
As a consumer i have the right to gripe if I think a company is gipping me. Over here in the UK we call it statutory rights and it means we get some come back on the companies who try to take advantage of us. Do you have that too? if you do you should take advantage of those rights and give hasbro a hard time. They should be giving good value for money. It's bad enough that such small figures cost so much anyway, but when these teeny tiny figures are costing the same I think it's time to stop and say "Hang on, somethings not right here"
I don't go out of my way to make trouble or oppose you with your very enthusiastic toy love, I just think sometimes we need to take a step back and take a good hard look at what we're actually getting for our money.

Lord Tenebrous
02-05-2002, 08:06 PM
Hasbro knows they're messing with us, and they seem to like it. I mean, this same company who is making Star Wars figures also made the figures for Butt-Ugly Martians, which from research reveals that the plot revolves around 'Emperor Bog' trying to zap Earth into "burnt toast" with his 'Bog Star'.

Hasbro has become a knock-off company. I'm through with the future, I'm going to go find me some Kenner figures.